Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 14:35   #2341
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Dear satish81,

I have done test drive of the Zest XMA. I had liked it very much. My wife did not like it!
I have not driven the XT Petrol. So, it would be unfair to comment.

Some observations (my 2 cents)
Most other cars have softer clutch than TATA. If you are used to Manza, then I feel you will not feel the clutch of XT petrol to be worse or better.
But - definitely - the XMA (without the clutch) would be a boon in traffic.

I tried many automatics and selected Jazz V CVT. But the Zest XTA was giving a close fight!

What are the models that you are comparing with? What is your desired specification - with priority?

That will decide the model.

By the way, technical specs like mileage are available on company sites and sites like cardekho or carwale too.

Girish Mahajan
Old 21st December 2015, 16:28   #2342

Hi Fellas

Getting by Zest XTA Blue delivered in the first week of Jan. Need your advice on paint protection treatments and under-body rust proofing.

Firstly, should i even go for paint protection of these for my new car? If yes, what do you suggest? PPF, Teflon coating, waxing etc..

Secondly, planning to get 3m under-body rust proof treatment. Is it worth. I stay in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st December 2015, 17:55   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear satish81,

I have done test drive of the Zest XMA. I had liked it very much. My wife did not like it!
I have not driven the XT Petrol. So, it would be unfair to comment.

Some observations (my 2 cents)
Most other cars have softer clutch than TATA. If you are used to Manza, then I feel you will not feel the clutch of XT petrol to be worse or better.
But - definitely - the XMA (without the clutch) would be a boon in traffic.

I tried many automatics and selected Jazz V CVT. But the Zest XTA was giving a close fight!

What are the models that you are comparing with? What is your desired specification - with priority?

That will decide the model.

By the way, technical specs like mileage are available on company sites and sites like cardekho or carwale too.

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish
I TD the petrol and I have to say I was disappointed with the pickup and power. Planning to book XTA (AMT top version)
My priority is space >power>price
Was considering jaaz cvt,baleno cvt but dropped them due to waiting periods. Also I thought both are overpriced for the amount of car they offer (personal opinion)

Last edited by sathish81 : 21st December 2015 at 17:56.
Old 21st December 2015, 19:17   #2344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakiri View Post
Firstly, should i even go for paint protection of these for my new car?
Yes if you plan to keep the car for 4-5 years and want it to look good even after all that time. Apart from paint protection, it also helps minimize swirls, scratches etc.
Quote:
If yes, what do you suggest? PPF, Teflon coating, waxing etc.
PPF is expensive but there are folks who have got it. Tefflon coating is a joke IMHO, please stay away. 3M uses waxes+sealants, which is the tried and tested method for paint protection. Also check for ceramic based nano protection offered by Ultimate detailers, which they claim lasts longer than waxes+sealanz
Quote:
3m under-body rust proof treatment. Is it worth. I stay in Bangalore.
Not sure how to measure worth but it does help reduce noise and prevent rusting of underbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Was considering jaaz cvt,baleno cvt but dropped them due to waiting periods
Why are you not considering the figo/aspire 1.5 DCT?

Last edited by procrj : 21st December 2015 at 19:20.
Old 21st December 2015, 20:02   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Saab View Post
Hi Guys,

I had purchased my Zest RT XT from Tejaswi Motors Trimulgherry (Hyderabad) last year Dec.
Concorde has service stations at Sanath Nagar and Uppal.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 20:38   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Why are you not considering the figo/aspire 1.5 DCT?
Somehow aspire did not "connect" with me. It does not feel like fiesta at all even though they share same engines. Asked for fiesta but seems ford has stopped production (both new and classic) even though website lists it- this is as per MPL ford.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:52   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakiri View Post

Secondly, planning to get 3m under-body rust proof treatment. Is it worth. I stay in Bangalore.
My Zest XMS RT came with a basic underbody coating from the factory, but the workmanship was not done very well.
There were gaps in the underbody coating in the rear wheel arches near the suspension. The 3M workshop person said they can apply
the 3M underbody coating on top of the existing factory provided coating and it would stick, so I went ahead with it.

Regarding the question about the clutch, my impression is that it was butter smooth when the car was new and has gradually become harder with the passage of time.
It's not a major irritant as yet and I plan to get it looked into, in the scheduled service after completion of 1 year.
Old 2nd January 2016, 09:58   #2348
BHPian

A friend took delivery of XMS anniversary edition on 31st December for 8,02,000 on road.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img20151231wa00052.jpg  

damodar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 13:50   #2349
BHPian

Hi,

My insurance for Zest-XMA is due next week. Royal Sundaram & Bajaj Allianz are offering good deals. They are claiming to have cashless tie-ups with all the Tata workshops. But the Tata workshops in Gurgaon are telling that they have cashless tie-ups with only the public sector insurance companies.

Can anyone tell me if Royal Sundaram & Bajaj Allianz have cashless tie-ups with Tata? Any other suggestion for the insurance ?
Old 18th January 2016, 16:27   #2350
BHPian

Tata Zest Enters Asia Book Of Records For Largest Convoy

Quote:
Tata Motors gets zest in the life of their customers by organising the largest convoy of one branded vehicle and engaging them in the ownership of their Tata Zest.

Tata Motors’ Zest, entering the Asia Book of Records for conducting a convoy of the largest single branded cars is a news but more importantly it is the participation of several happy and willing customers that should help send a message of successful and glorious ownership to non-Tata owners. Tata Motors have come a long way from developing products like the Indica to products like the Zest, Bolt and the yet to be launched Zica.

The level of quality, after-sales and service and similar factors have grown by leaps and bounds thanks to policies like HorizonNext but what has not changed is the perception of people, this exercise carried by Tata Motors will definitely be instrumental in uplifting that image.

Tata Motors successfully celebrated the spirit of the Zest by engaging and participating in a record breaking rally with many delighted customers in Pune. The rally was held in three batches covering a distance of 21.19 kms from Pune to Pan Card Club, Baner. The record breaking drive saw 154 Tata Zests participating to create a harmony of cheerfulness and encouraging excitement between the viewers.

On a similar customer centric focus, Tata Motors initiated this unique mileage challenge among Bolt owners under the tag #GetSetBolt, while also sharing this challenge among the Zest owners too. The challenge saw participation in two categories, petrol and diesel respectively. Encouragingly more than 2000 customers participated posting highest mileage figures of 47.69 km/l by the petrol and 37.54 km/l by the diesel with the Zest compact sedan.

Tata Zest : Official Review-tatazestentersrecords1.jpg
Tata Zest : Official Review-tatazestentersrecords2.jpg

With revenues at Rs. 2,62,796 crores (USD 42.04 billion) during the year 2014-15, Tata Motors is undeniably generating amazing profits through its subsidiaries and acquired companies like Jaguar Land Rover but what gets to be seen is if Tata Motors could cash on the expertise of their highly acclaimed subsidiaries and use it to relish a new life into Tata Motors’ product cycle.

Source: Motorbeam
mrbaddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 11:10   #2351
BHPian

Recently I faced an issue with my A/C in zest RT. The a/c was not throwing air as earlier and the cabin was not getting cool enough even when the temp was set at 20 Deg. Took it to the SC for inspection and the issue was resolved promptly. Basically there is a filter located at the passenger side foot wall. This was clogged. The mechanic cleaned it thoroughly and the a/c is now functioning as it was before. Cabin gets chilled in no time.

Sharing this in case anyone else is facing similar issue with their a/c performance.

They also did a mini service (oil checks, ECU update and wash) free of charge. Excellent service, I would say.
iamdeva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 07:25   #2352
BHPian

I am seriously considering getting a Zest Petrol XT
Would like to clarify certain things
1)I am offered a Gold AMC worth Rs 16814
Is it worth it? I am considering a Tata for the first time and would like to know the service cycles(kms/months).
Are there any hidden charges here and will I end up paying on each service visit?

2)Insurance quoted is about 25K . Is there a bargain space here? Any idea how much will this be if I try from outside?

On road price quotes is about 8.22 of which about 20K is an accessory pack. I wont be taking this and will pick items that interest me (which would come to around 10k)

Any other comments/suggestions?
Old 20th January 2016, 08:42   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
1)I am offered a Gold AMC worth Rs 16814
Is it worth it?

2)Insurance quoted is about 25K . Is there a bargain space here? Any idea how much will this be if I try from outside?

Any other comments/suggestions?
16k is too much if you ask me. If silver AMC is std, don't opt for gold then. Gold is for scenarios when something goes wrong which is not likely, in first 3 yrs. Service cycles should be per 10k kms. Scheduled services are free under silver AMC, no hidden charges. If you go for Gold, even the break pads etc will be replaced for free. Don't worry, if something breaks down, warranty will help you.
If you look from outside, you can get insurance for around 18-20k. Take as long as possible drives of the RT. It is a turbo petrol but not a tyre scorcher. Longish TDs would help you take the decision. Build quality etc is top notch on the Zest, no issues there. All the best.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 21:01   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Tata Zest Enters Asia Book Of Records For Largest Convoy]
I'm still trying to digest the milage claimed. Howz that even possible no matter how you drive it?
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 09:34   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
I'm still trying to digest the milage claimed. Howz that even possible no matter how you drive it?
Exactly my thoughts! Could anyone clarify on this? I own a nano and i have touched 20kms/l only once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks