Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 15:16   #2371
BHPian

there is a software update for ICE which takes care of the clock loosing time. It is a simple 5 mins job. I got it done and the clock is fine now.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 14:38   #2372
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
there is a software update for ICE which takes care of the clock loosing time. It is a simple 5 mins job. I got it done and the clock is fine now.
Thanks Ravindra my dealership is blissfully unaware, time for me to give him some headache. would you know when was this software update out?
Old 29th January 2016, 16:18   #2373
BHPian

It is very recent. Your dealer can ask Tata Motors.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:09   #2374
BHPian

Seems like Tata has steeply increased the price difference between the zest and bolt. With the current offers for bolt, the difference is roughly about 90k
Ponbaarathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:08   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Seems like Tata has steeply increased the price difference between the zest and bolt. With the current offers for bolt, the difference is roughly about 90k
Very interesting! What are the current offers in your town for the BOLT?

THanks in advance!
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:18   #2376
BHPian

For xms diesel(2015), without bargaining i was able to get 40k cash discount, 30k exchange offer, 10k consumer offer, free insurance, 40%discount on accessories! For top model, there is another 20k cash discount!
Ponbaarathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:41   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Also especially in this winters I have been now experiencing in cold mornings after a cold start the AMT to be extremely sluggish and holding 1st and 2nd gears to almost over 4k RPM, which makes a racket of a sound. Also keep experiencing sometimes the AMT is slow to engage clutch when I brake in B2B traffic and as a result you have to be very careful and keep a proper distance to the car in front.
I also experience both of these things that you have mentioned. During cold starting, I guess the system has been programmed to drive the car in lower gears, till the engine reaches some optimum temperature. During winters, my car upshifts at 3K+ RPM. However, after initial 2-3 kms, the gearshifts are normal. Usually, in the winter mornings, I drive in manual mode for initial 2-3 kms and then shift to auto.

The other issue (AMT crawling) that you have mentioned has also been faced by many Zest auto owners (including me). You may browse through the earlier pages in this review. You will have to learn to live with it.
Old 6th February 2016, 18:19   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
For xms diesel(2015), without bargaining i was able to get 40k cash discount, 30k exchange offer, 10k consumer offer, free insurance, 40%discount on accessories! For top model, there is another 20k cash discount!
Hi, where was this?

I am getting the following offers on the Zest (Delhi, Concorde Motors, South Ex), but they don't seem to match up to yours-

Zest XMS (P) 2016 -- 597,610 (Free insurance around 23k, exchange bonus of 30k, plus Rs 5k more)

Zest XMS (D) 2016--- 766,721 -- (Free insurance around 27k, exchange bonus of 10k, plus Rs 5k more)

Zest XMS (D) 2015--- 726,721 (Free insurance around 27k, exchange bonus of 50k, plus Rs 5k more)
Old 6th February 2016, 18:36   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Hi, where was this?

I am getting the following offers on the Zest (Delhi, Concorde Motors, South Ex), but they don't seem to match up to yours-

Zest XMS (P) 2016 -- 597,610 (Free insurance around 23k, exchange bonus of 30k, plus Rs 5k more)

Zest XMS (D) 2016--- 766,721 -- (Free insurance around 27k, exchange bonus of 10k, plus Rs 5k more)

Zest XMS (D) 2015--- 726,721 (Free insurance around 27k, exchange bonus of 50k, plus Rs 5k more)
Sorry for not being clear. The thing i mentioned is about bolt. But in chennai zest xms diesel (2015) have a cash discount of 25k and corporate discount 10k. Not sure about the exchange offer.
Old 6th February 2016, 18:38   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not being clear. The thing i mentioned is about bolt. But in chennai zest xms diesel (2015) have a cash discount of 25k and corporate discount 10k. Not sure about the exchange offer.
Ok thanks. I guess they are trying to liquidate 2015 inventory.
Old 9th February 2016, 18:12   #2381
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2016 at 11:52.
Enobarbus is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th February 2016, 20:33   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Took my Zest XM D for the third service.

Oil and filters were changed.

Problems listed were faulty AC, front left indicator not functioning, time shown on head unit keeps getting behind the actual time and tightening of parking brake.

AC filter was cleaned and the AC was back to its chilling best.

SA mentioned that indicator bulb wasnt in stock. I was amused as it was Concorde. Even more funny is, the problem was rectified but the SA was clueless about it.

Parking brake was tightened.

As to the time lagging, the SA said the unit needed a software update, which was done. Has to wait and see how effective the update is in addressing this problem.

With a longish 15,000 km oil change interval I was a bit apprehensive. At 31,000 km and after 15500 km since the oil change, car was very smooth. After the service, car has become even smoother.

I travelled about 10000 km on rural roads and where there were hums and craters. Car didnt scrape even once, suspension didnt creak. Car was always poised, whatever the road condition.

No rattles, no problems, no complaints. Quite satisfied with the car.

My one crib is the longish 15K oil change interval. Though I trust the judgement of engineers, I still feel a little bit uneasy with it. Having come from the old school where 3K was ideal oil change interval ( those were days when monograde oils made way to the multigrade ones), that could be the reason for my uneasiness, even after seeing that the vehicle is quite okay with such an interval.

Last edited by simplyself : 19th February 2016 at 20:41.
Old 19th February 2016, 20:47   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
My one crib is the longish 15K oil change interval. Though I trust the judgement of engineers, I still feel a little bit uneasy with it. Having come from the old school where 3K was ideal oil change interval ( those were days when monograde oils made way to the multigrade ones), that could be the reason for my uneasiness, even after seeing that the vehicle is quite okay with such an interval.
If the oil is synthetic you have nothing to worry about, we have a VW Polo with 70K+ km without any issues, Polo has same oil change interval
Old 19th February 2016, 21:01   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
If the oil is synthetic you have nothing to worry about, we have a VW Polo with 70K+ km without any issues, Polo has same oil change interval
Right.

I too didnt face any sort of problem. It is just a feeling, not supported by facts.

They are using 5 W-30.

Last edited by simplyself : 19th February 2016 at 21:07.
Old 20th February 2016, 09:22   #2385
BHPian

I took delivery of a Granite Grey XT RT earlier this month. I am loving the ride except for couple of concerns
1) Hand brake issue. Seems to be common and good to know there is a fix. Will get it fixed. But I had imagined this would have got a permanent fix as this seems to be an old and common issue
2) This is more strange. There has been some aspect which did not turn off even after taking out the key. This happened twice. First time was the music player and second time was yesterday night when I could hear some engine like sound coming . To make sure it was not 'fully on', i tried applying accelerator but it did not make any impact. AC was already off.
On both instances, it got turned off after I switched on ignition and switched off again( A system restart)
But both these were either audible or visual. I am concerned if there are any silent stuffs that might still be on. Im surely taking it to service center but would like to hear if anyone has faced it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks