Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 19:53   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
if you don't do this for the sole issue of a bad dealer / A$$, it's not wise.
TATA is completely responsible for the services provided by the dealer as well. My experience with Maruti/Toyota is, a negative rating during feedback call is more than enough to resolve issues with dealers.

If TATA can't manage dealers properly, it will pay for that in terms of market share.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:03   #2612

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Did you try Concorde sanath nagar, they have most of the parts in stock? What plastic parts are you referring to which fell off, photos will help? At Concorde if some part is out of stock they usually get it in 10-15 days of ordering.
Hi Damodar, thanks for the suggestion the next time I will try the Sanath Nagar Concorde. These are some of the plastic issues I'm talking about:

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170102_104224.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170102_104231.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170102_104238.jpg
The fuel and boot lever signage had come off i had to stick them with fevi quick!

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170102_104254.jpg

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20170102_104307.jpg

@swiftnfurious

Quote:
This does look a snobbish if you ask me. It's not a complicated calculation for an owner to know when does you car need a service. It's either a 10K kms or 1 year period whichever is earlier. I have never bothered for anyone to call me for an appointment, but yes, I do receive reminders from Maruti.
I don't think it is snobbish, it's just a matter of convenience and customer satisfaction. The car is driven by my parents who are old, they cant keep a track of when the car is due for service or not. It's just a matter of a phone call from the service center.

Quote:
It's definitely your call whether to opt for another TATA product, but if you don't do this for the sole issue of a bad dealer / A$$, it's not wise.
As far as a customer is concerned a dealer's attitude represents the company's attitude. If the company is not responsible for the dealer selling their product then who is?
abhaysinha58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:47   #2613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
TATA is completely responsible for the services provided by the dealer as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaysinha58 View Post
...As far as a customer is concerned a dealer's attitude represents the company's attitude. If the company is not responsible for the dealer selling their product then who is?
I agree that the company is responsible for the dealer's output. The question is whether the company knows their dealer is not upto mark. Or, have you made them understand that you had a not-so-good experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
... My experience with Maruti/Toyota is, a negative rating during feedback call is more than enough to resolve issues with dealers...
I am trying to understand whether a similar step has been taken by the OP and still not resolved.
Old 5th January 2017, 18:20   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@Lalvaz :
(1) I think the service centre is not finding the root cause of limp home. Can you please specifically ask the technician which fault codes ( DTCs) are in ECU memory. The DTCs may be in the state "current" or "memorized". Based on this info, we can get idea of underlying fault.

(2) The second issue is related to dislocation or breakage of drive shaft. Did the wheel hit any pothole or big stone or something similar ?

Zest reliability is not a concern at all. So be a little persistent to get these niggles sorted.
Hi Ravindra - The car is being used by an uncle. It is currently back from the workshop and working satisfactorily. Keeping our fingers crossed. Tried selling the vehicle but the resale is extremely low even though its only a 2 year old petrol vehicle. So my uncle's decided to retain it for atleast another year, however, subject to the car performing with no further issues.

Regarding your query about the driveshaft, they maintain that they have not hit anything at all. The car was being taken out of their residence on a clear road and suddenly stopped moving for no apparent reason.
Old 2nd February 2017, 20:12   #2615
BHPian

Sorry if this has been answered before, but does the Zest/Bolt come with a AC cabin air filter ? If it does, it will be great if someone could point me towards its location or how to access it. I tried looking for the same on the Internet, but nothing came up !
Also any pointers to the workshop manuals for the Zest/Bolt twins will be much appreciated too !
Old 2nd February 2017, 22:31   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
We bought an Indica Vista in 2008, A Manza in 2011 and A Zest XMA in 2015. All three are going strong with no issues.
Only one warranty claim on the three vehicles combined: replacement of MID of the Manza.

My father-in-law is using the Vista at 1,10,000+ KM. He uses it to go around to check on his agriculture in the rural areas of Krishna district where there are no roads at some places. Believe me he even carries bales of hay in the car with the rear seat folded down. All shock absorbers replaced at 90,000+ KM otherwise no issues at all.

I used the Manza for 4+years 70,000 KM and now my part time business partner is using it to ferry customers to housing projects. It is at 90,000 + KM now and is being driven by multiple drivers for the past year. Front bumper replaced in a minor accident early on and front shock absorbers replaced at 84,000+ Km, otherwise no issues. It is soldiering on famously.

I am using the Zest XMA for the past two years, 34,000+ KM and I find it supremely comfortable and totally reliable. Rear bumper and left tail lamp assembly replaced due to a minor accident, otherwise no issues at all.
Cross posting the post from the Hexa thread as it was going OT.
I drive my friend's XMS as he doesn't like driving and I end up driving his car whenever we roam around together which is almost daily.
Because of this, I understand Tata DNA. I have driven mt father's Zest XMA whenever I have visited my hometown in last 2 years. The diesel one is better, petrol still feels unfinished business to me. I have no experience of driving any other Tata car. So can you please share your thoughts on Vista/Manza vs Zest, as they both share the same platform and some other underpinnings.
Old 4th February 2017, 17:05   #2617
BHPian

After 2 trouble free years of ARIA & 1 of NANO AMT have booked a ZEST XMS RT in Blue.

Sadly the Red colour has been discontinued. Blue also is not much in vouge.

The TD vehicle was in good nick but the clutch pedal was not adjusted properly or me being used to the hydraulic clutch of the ARIA it would have felt so. Lets see.

Hope to get it by coming mid week.

All Tata vehicles have some very common features which are thoughful & thankful viz
Wide opening doors, powerful AC, lots of cubbyholes ( Except for the Zest ).

None of my Tata vehicles over the past decade & half have ever left me stranded anywhere.

The niggles of the older Safari are simply missing in my Aria even after 45k kms.

Hope the same continues in my Zest.
Ameya Janvekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 18:12   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post

Hope the same continues in my Zest.
3 Tatas. Good show. Having myself owned 3 Tatas and continuing to have the Bolt with the same engine, the Zest RT should serve you well. I wish Tata can somehow figure out why some of us buy only Tata cars and use those decision points to market their cars better.
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 18:26   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I wish Tata can somehow figure out why some of us buy only Tata cars and use those decision points to market their cars better.
I really wish & think they should actually do it.

3 Tatas currently in active fleet.
Previous include 3 Safari's - 3.0L then 2.2VTT then another 2.2VTT + a preowned Indica Xeta.

Simply cant think of any different brand suitable for my requirements as well as price point - both purchase as well as long term.
Old 4th February 2017, 19:45   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaysinha58 View Post
I don't think it is snobbish, it's just a matter of convenience and customer satisfaction. The car is driven by my parents who are old, they cant keep a track of when the car is due for service or not. It's just a matter of a phone call from the service center.
I agree that the manufacturer and dealers are responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction. In my case, I have received timely communication from TASS dealer...

1. For getting my cars serviced.
2. For following up on last service/running repairs to gauge whether I am satisfied with the work done.
3. For inviting me to various events that happens round the year like invitation for movies, meeting TATA folks at dealerships, driver awareness camps, service camps etc.

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2017, 20:53   #2621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before, but does the Zest/Bolt come with a AC cabin air filter ? If it does, it will be great if someone could point me towards its location or how to access it. I tried looking for the same on the Internet, but nothing came up !
Also any pointers to the workshop manuals for the Zest/Bolt twins will be much appreciated too !
On the Vista, you can find it in the left passenger well underneath the dashboard. I guess, it should be the same for the Bolt/Zest.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 18:29   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
On the Vista, you can find it in the left passenger well underneath the dashboard. I guess, it should be the same for the Bolt/Zest.
I did have a look under the dashboard, but couldnt find any. My be we need to take a few things off before we can see or reach them.
Old 6th February 2017, 20:53   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I did have a look under the dashboard, but couldnt find any. My be we need to take a few things off before we can see or reach them.
No, you don't have to dismantle anything. You need to turn upside down and look underneath. My AC guy does that when removing it. The frame's a rectangular piece about 8*4" and about a cm in thickness.
Old 6th February 2017, 22:39   #2624
BHPian

Hey guys.
Is there any concrete news about a refreshed Zest being launched this year? My aunt is on the lookout for a compact petrol sedan in about 4 months time, since she plans to keep her car for 10 years, she would prefer the newer model.

Coming to the car, i took a very short test drive today. It was the petrol model.
Test drive car dint seemed to be maintained well, it was dirty on the outside, had very low fuel(hence the short test drive).It had rust on the body and the clutch setting was too loose. This could all be attributed to the dealer attitude, they were under renovation so it was totally deserted with no proper workshop, just a small sales team that was not interested at all.

Anyways, coming to the drive, even with the way the test car was presented, the drive was pretty good. There were no rattles for the 15k km old car. Ac chilled well, all the features worked. I couldn't stretch its legs since it was hardly a 2km drive. Suspension was good and those drive modes really work!
Will need a proper test drive but initial impressions are good.

Not much offers on 2017 models. Just 10k discount and 30k exchange bonous, no freebies at all. I guess a different dealer would be better but this dealer should stop selling cars until their renovation is complete, really gives a bad picture of tata in general and can scare off many customers.

Only major and usual worry about tata cars are their reliability and service.We used to have an indigo till 2011, the service that time was pathetic.I heard that the service has improved slightly but still about average, People prefer to service their tata's outside once their out of warranty,so its going to be difficult to see the zest in my aunts garage but lets see what happens in 4 months.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 6th February 2017 at 22:40.
Old 8th February 2017, 20:05   #2625
BHPian

Finally

The Zest XMS RT Buzz Blue has arrived.

The second sedan in our family. The first was a Indigo GLS in 2003 to 2005. Since then have only had UVs - Safaris - Innova - Aria.

Coincidentially both sedans are related & both have same base colour - BLUE albiet different shade.

Hoping to drive to Goa for a short vacation. Really need it & need to relearn to drive a petrol & a sedan both of which I have lost touch with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks