Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 12:36   #2701
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I have been seeing a lot of Zests as taxis. It seems a significant number of the modest sales are taxis nowadays.
Tata Dealers (Tejaswini,Mallik Cars,Concorde) in hyd do not have Zest Test Drive vehicle,also AMT variant is no longer available. If you insist on AMT,TATA factory seems to have 2016
manufactured zest's which the dealer can order and is offering 45K discount. Walked out as i was not interested in their offer.

Showroom staff is not interested in selling the zest for personal use and are suggesting to go for Tigor. Most of the Zest bookings are from taxi operators . we can expect to see more Zest Taxi's on the road.

Last edited by zaveed : 13th August 2017 at 12:37.
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 18:15   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Tata Dealers (Tejaswini,Mallik Cars,Concorde) in hyd do not have Zest Test Drive vehicle,also AMT variant is no longer available. If you insist on AMT,TATA factory seems to have 2016
manufactured zest's which the dealer can order and is offering 45K discount. Walked out as i was not interested in their offer.

Showroom staff is not interested in selling the zest for personal use and are suggesting to go for Tigor. Most of the Zest bookings are from taxi operators . we can expect to see more Zest Taxi's on the road.
I was saying the same...The Zest is consigned to taxi segment. What about the personal vehicle segment? Zest is a too good a vehicle to be discarded this early. A robust vehicle, I would like Tata to develop a top end personal vehicle.
Old 28th August 2017, 15:10   #2703
BHPian

Any diesel amt owners? How's the car holding in the long run? I'm looking for a diesel automatic (AMT will also do) and my budget is strictly 8.5 on road.
Old 28th August 2017, 15:22   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Any diesel amt owners? How's the car holding in the long run? I'm looking for a diesel automatic (AMT will also do) and my budget is strictly 8.5 on road.
Have you checked with any of the dealers if ZEST AMT is available? Most of the dealers might have the AMT in the top end (XTA variant) which would cost approx 10.24 Mumbai, XMA variant will cost 9.25 (Source :Car wale).

Dealer was offering me a discount of 30k and not a penny more on XTA, if an XMA varaint is available and you get 75k Discount it would be within the budget that you have.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 15:54   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
I have an XMA which I bought in Jan 2015. It completed 48000+ KM and is holding up very well. It had a rattle somewhere near the fuse panel but that was sorted out; it doesn't rattle any more. The battery conked off at about 35000 KM and they also changed the tensioner of the timing belt at that time for a total bill of about 8000. Everything else is fine. I drive on extremely bad roads for about 20% of the time, average city roads for 30% of the time and nice, smooth ORR with sparse traffic for 50% of the time. The fuel efficiency is about 19 KMPL under the above conditions.

It is supremely comfortable, both on highways and city conditions if driven with a light foot. It soaks up the bumps like nobody's business. However, it is a bit jerky in bumper to bumper conditions.
Enobarbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 22:31   #2706
BHPian

Quote:

My father's Zest XMA bought in Dec 2014, run for 32000 KM feels just like the day it was brought home. There is no issue/flaw/concern about this vehicle. It has run on unimaginably poor roads, in fact the very reason it was chosen above other options was the tough nature of Tata cars in general and the unusually high ground clearance of the Zest. As didn't like the feel of the gearshift, we went for the AMT, even if we had opted a manual, it would have been a Zest only.
This car feels like a big car, to drive and to ride. In ride quality and comfort, only the mighty Linea can top it, yes, it is that good.
itsashishsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:00   #2707
BHPian

New scam initiated by TATA ARYA MOTORS in Gurgaon( authorized TATA workshop)

They are refusing to cashless insurance claim (even for a zero Dep cashless policy for my TATA zest) if the policy is bought from outside and not the workshop. The is a new low for TATA motors after sales service. Attached below is the mail received from them.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-screenshot_20170907135141.png  

fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:19   #2708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
New scam initiated by TATA ARYA MOTORS in Gurgaon( authorized TATA workshop)

They are refusing to cashless insurance claim (even for a zero Dep cashless policy for my TATA zest) if the policy is bought from outside and not the workshop. The is a new low for TATA motors after sales service. Attached below is the mail received from them.
I don't think this is new or unique. This has been the case across all brands' service stations. Its not necessarily about buying the policy from the workshop or not.
The way it works is, the workshop generally has a cashless approved status from specific insurance companies' specific branch offices. If your insurance is not from that list, it cannot be cashless. I have seen this happen in Maruti and Tata workshops as a standard practice over the last decade.

Its not that big a deal really. You have to pay upfront, but you can already know from the insurance company about whether your claim is going to get approved or not. Afterwards if the insurance company is good (like New India Assurance etc) then its quite smooth. I had got my claim settled within 2-3 days after I had paid the money to the workshop. Wasn't that big a deal.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:28   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think this is new or unique. This has been the case across all brands' service stations. Its not necessarily about buying the policy from the workshop or not.
The way it works is, the workshop generally has a cashless approved status from specific insurance companies' specific branch offices. If your insurance is not from that list, it cannot be cashless. I have seen this happen in Maruti and Tata workshops as a standard practice over the last decade.

Its not that big a deal really. You have to pay upfront, but you can already know from the insurance company about whether your claim is going to get approved or not. Afterwards if the insurance company is good (like New India Assurance etc) then its quite smooth. I had got my claim settled within 2-3 days after I had paid the money to the workshop. Wasn't that big a deal.
Sir but the problem is that they were offering Bajaj Allianz at higher price so I bought the same online at lower price and now they are saying that they will entertain cashless service for Bajaj Allianz insurance bought from them only. They were claiming the same thing to another customer with new India assurance.
Old 7th September 2017, 14:32   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Sir but the problem is that they were offering Bajaj Allianz at higher price so I bought the same online at lower price and now they are saying that they will entertain cashless service for Bajaj Allianz insurance bought from them only. They were claiming the same thing to another customer with new India assurance.
Have you involved Tata Motors customer care in this?
Old 7th September 2017, 14:40   #2711
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what I'm saying. Cashless will work only between the workshop & insurance vendor that have a cashless tie-up. Its exactly like mediclaim at hospitals. Depends on the insurance and hospital combination whether a particular treatment can be cashless at that location or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Have you involved Tata Motors customer care in this?
I don't see a need just yet. What the workshop is saying, is pretty much standard business process. What will customer care do in it? At most - fuelinmyveins can check with his/her insurance vendor to confirm if cashless will work at that workshop or not.
Old 7th September 2017, 15:54   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thats what I'm saying. Cashless will work only between the workshop & insurance vendor that have a cashless tie-up. Its exactly like mediclaim at hospitals. Depends on the insurance and hospital combination whether a particular treatment can be cashless at that location or not.
Sir you are not getting my point. Suppose if someone has ABC insurance which has a cashless tie up with XYZ hospital, can the hospital deny cashless service to the patient just because he bought the same ABC insurance from outside rather than hospital staff?
Old 7th September 2017, 16:03   #2713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir you are not getting my point. Suppose if someone has ABC insurance which has a cashless tie up with XYZ hospital, can the hospital deny cashless service to the patient just because he bought the same ABC insurance from outside rather than hospital staff?
Thats what I said mate - the tie up in most car insurance cases is not "brand" with "brand" but branch of the brand with branch of the workshop. I have experienced it with New India in Pune. The tie up with Concorde was with a different branch than the one with which I had my insurance. Cashless for my insurance of the same brand was possible at a different Tata workshop (Pandit Auto) because their tie up was with my insurance branch.

And this was in 2012. So nothing new really. At best, sad that things didn't change.
And yes - my insurance was taken from the showroom and not from outside as there was hardly any difference.

I hope that clarifies a bit for you.
Old 10th September 2017, 11:21   #2714
BHPian

Hi guys, need your help.

I was trying to figure out how to adjust the headlights on my zest, but could not find any details regarding the adjustment screws. Could you please help point me in the right direction. Pictures would be of a great help.

I also noticed 2 rubber knobs with numbers 6 and 12 mentioned on them (highlighted then yellow in the image), any idea what they are for and does any thing happen when you turn them??

Mods please move my post if this is not the right forum / post.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-tatazest01.jpg  

Old 10th September 2017, 12:24   #2715
BHPian

Battery Issue

Hi Guys - Need ur help
My car is just 2 yrs and a 2 weeks old. The vehicle wont start now when the AC is turned on. One day I was stranded on road as the battery became weak. Called up TML Emergency Assistance and Concorde Motors came to assist me in just 2 hours. Their diagnosis was that Battery is End of Life and new battery needs to be replaced.
Today morning again the EPS failed and I am getting Power Steering malfunction indicator in the dashboard. So its time to get the battery replaced today itself.

The OEM battery supplied is TATA Green DIN50R-A [L2] which has only 18 months warranty. Any suggestions for a replacement battery ? Should I go for 55 Ah one ?
Tata Zest : Official Review-din50ra-l2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks