Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2018, 01:07   #2806
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitam View Post
Hi,

Can somebody please tell me how much is the 4th service costing and if you have opted for 4th and 5th year AMC. If yes, how much did it come upto?

I own a Zest XMS (diesel), bought in September 2014. Driven ~48000kms. Up for 4th service in September 2018 (4th year or 60K whichever comes earlier).
My car crossed 60000 this April. Time for the service, need to change timing chain at 60k. Enquired with all 3 TATA service centers in Ernakulam : RF Motors, Concorde, Malayalam Motors. They all quoted the same pricing.
60k service with timing chain replacement : approx 16500 INR
Opting for AMC which covers 60k and 75k service : 22000 INR
cost of 75k service alone : 6500 INR

I did not opt for the AMC part. I felt it is not worth to pay 22000 now. Did the service by paying 16450 INR. Got the timing chain replaced and all other necessary maintenance done.

I had opted for PtoP [Promise to Protect] by paying 6400 INR. I had all my wear and tear parts like clutch, brake disc, linings, suspension bush, wipers, steering ball joint etc changed while opting this PtoP

After the GST implementation the service costs have gone sky high. You could do a 60k service earlier for around 8500 - 9000 INR and now the cost has gone to 16500 INR.

Pre GST : the AMC quoted for 60k and 75k service combined was 14500 INR..

Now the baby has croseed 62200 on the ODO. Got both front tyres replaced with Good Year on saturday.

Last edited by ranjithrnath : 1st May 2018 at 01:08.
ranjithrnath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 12:44   #2807
BHPian

Dear All,

So my car has officially crossed 40K. And its due for a 4th Service. Upon getting in touch with Tata, they pushed a quote of around 10K, plus taxes. What it includes?
  • Engine Oil Change
  • Coolant Change
  • Checking the vehicle for anything unusual
  • Wheel alignment

I was told they would check the AC as well. Then again, basic top ups on fluids, check of the battery etc. Normal wash would be done. Now i also looked around and there are many options for getting a car serviced elsewhere. Brands like Bosch, and Getpitstop are around. Many others included. The quote comes down almost half, when i made a query to these above mentioned brands.

Iam not sure if anyone here has tried these options, or is it safe to just hand the car over to TATA. Although iam pretty sure they overcharge.

Any suggestions or experiences in this regard will help.

Regards,
Devyaani
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:03   #2808
BHPian

Are the following issues in Zest pointing to a battery replacement. I have a Dec 2014 Zest petrol with 30K on the ODO:-

1) Power Steering does not turn on while starting, and steering warning light comes on in the cluster. I have to re-start the car sometimes
2) Car does not start at all sometimes, only chuck-chuck noise on rotating the key
3) Sometimes, Audio system plays on without any sound from the speakers. No sound from parking sensors also
4) Service indicator on the cluster comes ON sometimes. Though last service was done in Dec '17 and no other issues observed

Also, need suggestions on replacement battery like brand, product, amperes and other specs etc.
mayankverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:08   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankverma View Post
Are the following issues in Zest pointing to a battery replacement. I have a Dec 2014 Zest petrol with 30K on the ODO:-

1) Power Steering does not turn on while starting, and steering warning light comes on in the cluster. I have to re-start the car sometimes
2) Car does not start at all sometimes, only chuck-chuck noise on rotating the key
3) Sometimes, Audio system plays on without any sound from the speakers. No sound from parking sensors also
4) Service indicator on the cluster comes ON sometimes. Though last service was done in Dec '17 and no other issues observed

Also, need suggestions on replacement battery like brand, product, amperes and other specs etc.
I had experienced symptoms 1,3 & 4 in my Bolt and the same got resolved after a battery replacement. None of the symptoms had resurfaced post the replacement. I guess if your battery has issues even starting your car, you should get yours replaced as soon as possible, lest you get stranded.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:04   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I had experienced symptoms 1,3 & 4 in my Bolt and the same got resolved after a battery replacement. None of the symptoms had resurfaced post the replacement. I guess if your battery has issues even starting your car, you should get yours replaced as soon as possible, lest you get stranded.
Can you name the brand of the replacement battery? Amaron battery did not fit as the poles were in reverse . I have ordered an Exide today.
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:14   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Dear All,

So my car has officially crossed 40K. And its due for a 4th Service. Upon getting in touch with Tata, they pushed a quote of around 10K, plus taxes. What it includes?
  • Engine Oil Change
  • Coolant Change
  • Wheel alignment

I was told they would check the AC as well. Then again, basic top ups on fluids, check of the battery etc. Normal wash would be done. Now i also looked around and there are many options for getting a car serviced elsewhere. Brands like Bosch, and Getpitstop are around. Many others included. The quote comes down almost half, when i made a query to these above mentioned brands.

Iam not sure if anyone here has tried these options, or is it safe to just hand the car over to TATA. Although iam pretty sure they overcharge.

Any suggestions or experiences in this regard will help.

Regards,
Devyaani
I believe 10K quotes are because TASS tries to retrieve the AMC costs from the customers from 3rd year onwards as service costs for first 3 years are almost NIL. AMC for 4th and 5th year cost ~22k so that is also on the higher side. Better not to go for TASS as there are many competent & cheaper service companies available. Spares are also available off the shelf.
mayankverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:32   #2812
BHPian

Overheating troubles

Hello all,

I have a 2015 Tata Zest XT Diesel (90PS) with around 74k on the odo. Last Thursday (26/04/2018) I had to leave for Jodhpur by car with my family due to an emergency. The car had 4 occupants including driver (me) and was fully loaded with luggage. We started our journey and just a few kilometers after our departure, I noticed that the AC was not cooling and the pickup was also sluggish. Suddenly I glanced at the engine temperature gauge and noticed that 5 bars were lit up. Usually, only 2-3 bars (out of total 6) are lit up. I realized the engine has overheated and parked the car on the road.

Since it was very urgent for us to leave for Jodhpur, I called up a friend to borrow his car (Maruti Ciaz Diesel) and handed my car to him. His house was nearby to where my car overheated, so he took my car to his house after waiting for some time without any issues.

I came back from Jodhpur on Tuesday and on Wednesday(yesterday) morning I took my car to the ASC Concorde Motors, Mohan-Estate(Near Sarita Vihar). I had some work to do so I left the car there. In the evening, SA told me they cleared some temporary error codes, and took the car for test-drive and nothing went wrong. Also, the ASC was closed early evening yesterday due to some issues and will be closed for a couple of days more now. I also wanted to get the 75k kms service done but didn't due to their closure. They had parked the cars in a nearby open warehouse and cannot do any work on cars.

Today, I went to pick up the car and spoke to the mechanic who worked on my car. He is a good mechanic as he also replaced the clutch plate and timing chain on my car a couple of months back at the same ASC. He told me he also sprayed water on the radiator and took the car on a test drive of 20 kms and the temperature gauge didn't show more than 3 bars.

While returning from ASC(around 7 Kms) I tried to drive on high revvs in lower gears to heat up the engine. The temperature gauge went upto 3 bars and didn't go any further. Also, the weather was good in the morning today and the wind was cool.

In the afternoon also I drove the car for around 5-6 kms normally, was also stuck in traffic. Again, the temperature gauge lit up to 3 bars and didn't go any further. Now I am anxious about engine overheating and I have to drive to Jodhpur on Sunday again and it is pretty necessary to take the car because I have a lot of stuff to be taken there.

Earlier the temperature LEDs used to fluctuate between 2-3 bars, but since the last couple of weeks it was increasing till 3 bars and were not reducing to 2 bars at all. I thought maybe the weather is hot and the car needs servicing (Dust in radiator), that's why it is getting stuck at 3 bars. I was about to get the service done next week and I didn't have plans to go on any road trip so I didn't bother much. In any case, I didn't think it will be be going to overheat.

Now I am very anxious about my drive to Jodhpur on Sunday, and it is necessary for me to take the car. Is it normal for Zest to show 3 bars continuously or should it fluctuate between 2-3 bars? Can anyone guide me on this?
I think maybe they were not able to check the car thoroughly because of their closure and the radiator fans might not be working at their full potential? Or am I getting worried unnecessarily?
Old 4th May 2018, 17:44   #2813
BHPian

Quote:

I had experienced the issues listed in points 2,3 and 4. Mine is also a 2014 Zest. I replaced the battery and all the above issues are now resolved. I got the Exide battery.
iamdeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 20:42   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

• Engine Oil Change
  • Coolant Change
  • Wheel alignment
So i checked up the official approximate cost for the 4th service and for the Revotron petrol, it came to approximately 8.5k . So if the dealer is quoting 10k, he might not be too far off the mark.

Quote:
Can you name the brand of the replacement battery? Amaron battery did not fit as the poles were in reverse . I have ordered an Exide today.
I managed to get the Amaron, I dont have the exact model number, but it fitted fine.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 09:27   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
I had experienced the issues listed in points 2,3 and 4. Mine is also a 2014 Zest. I replaced the battery and all the above issues are now resolved. I got the Exide battery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
So i checked up the official approximate cost for the 4th service and for the Revotron petrol, it came to approximately 8.5k . So if the dealer is quoting 10k, he might not be too far off the mark.

I managed to get the Amaron, I dont have the exact model number, but it fitted fine.
Thanks. I got amaron battery but it had reversed poles(they said they dont have the same matching pole battery) & wires were not long enough, so returned it & got the Exide yesterday for 5K and issues have been resolved
Old 5th May 2018, 11:32   #2816
BHPian

Re: Overheating troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2015 Tata Zest XT Diesel (90PS) with around 74k on the odo. Last Thursday (26/04/2018) I had to leave for Jodhpur by car with my family due to an emergency. The car had 4 occupants including driver (me) and was fully loaded with luggage. We started our journey and just a few kilometers after our departure, I noticed that the AC was not cooling and the pickup was also sluggish. Suddenly I glanced at the engine temperature gauge and noticed that 5 bars were lit up. Usually, only 2-3 bars (out of total 6) are lit up. I realized the engine has overheated and parked the car on the road.

Since it was very urgent for us to leave for Jodhpur, I called up a friend to borrow his car (Maruti Ciaz Diesel) and handed my car to him. His house was nearby to where my car overheated, so he took my car to his house after waiting for some time without any issues.

I came back from Jodhpur on Tuesday and on Wednesday(yesterday) morning I took my car to the ASC Concorde Motors, Mohan-Estate(Near Sarita Vihar). I had some work to do so I left the car there. In the evening, SA told me they cleared some temporary error codes, and took the car for test-drive and nothing went wrong. Also, the ASC was closed early evening yesterday due to some issues and will be closed for a couple of days more now. I also wanted to get the 75k kms service done but didn't due to their closure. They had parked the cars in a nearby open warehouse and cannot do any work on cars.

Today, I went to pick up the car and spoke to the mechanic who worked on my car. He is a good mechanic as he also replaced the clutch plate and timing chain on my car a couple of months back at the same ASC. He told me he also sprayed water on the radiator and took the car on a test drive of 20 kms and the temperature gauge didn't show more than 3 bars.

While returning from ASC(around 7 Kms) I tried to drive on high revvs in lower gears to heat up the engine. The temperature gauge went upto 3 bars and didn't go any further. Also, the weather was good in the morning today and the wind was cool.

In the afternoon also I drove the car for around 5-6 kms normally, was also stuck in traffic. Again, the temperature gauge lit up to 3 bars and didn't go any further. Now I am anxious about engine overheating and I have to drive to Jodhpur on Sunday again and it is pretty necessary to take the car because I have a lot of stuff to be taken there.

Earlier the temperature LEDs used to fluctuate between 2-3 bars, but since the last couple of weeks it was increasing till 3 bars and were not reducing to 2 bars at all. I thought maybe the weather is hot and the car needs servicing (Dust in radiator), that's why it is getting stuck at 3 bars. I was about to get the service done next week and I didn't have plans to go on any road trip so I didn't bother much. In any case, I didn't think it will be be going to overheat.

Now I am very anxious about my drive to Jodhpur on Sunday, and it is necessary for me to take the car. Is it normal for Zest to show 3 bars continuously or should it fluctuate between 2-3 bars? Can anyone guide me on this?
I think maybe they were not able to check the car thoroughly because of their closure and the radiator fans might not be working at their full potential? Or am I getting worried unnecessarily?
I have a petrol Zest so will share my experience. Last year I was driving with 1 passenger through tamhini ghats in hot weather and power suddenly dropped after about 2 hours of drive. Temperature indicator had 3 lights on. I quickly turned off the ac and drove slowly for 10 minutes and it was running fine again. After that incident, anytime the temp bar touches 3 lights, the power drops. So I switch off the ac and drive on slowly and all is fine in 10 mins or so.
I have never seen 5 bars though anytime in 3.5 years of ownership.
Old 6th May 2018, 08:50   #2817

Quote:

I experienced the same problems with my Zest. Got the battery changed and everything is sorted now. Been 3 months now and none of the problem has resurfaced.
sandyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 12:00   #2818
BHPian

Dear All,

So one update is that i got my battery changed as well. Got one from Batterybhai.com. Opted for an Exide battery, since my factory fitted was also of the same brand. Now once they guy came for fitting, he could not do it, reason? same as mentioned by another user here, the cables were short. He tried, and tried but failed. Finally i had to go to the service center and got it fixed.

So if anyone is ordering the battery online, please make sure you go to the service center and get it fixed. The way those cables are designed, better the TATA guys do it.

Regards,
Devyaani
devyaaniverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 12:14   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Zest D XM comes with a 45 Ah battery, atleast the 2014 manufactured ones.

If replacing the battery, I would suggest one gets either 50 Ah or 55 Ah one, space permitting.
Old 7th May 2018, 11:12   #2820
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

So one update is that i got my battery changed as well. Got one from Batterybhai.com. Opted for an Exide battery, since my factory fitted was also of the same brand. Now once they guy came for fitting, he could not do it, reason? same as mentioned by another user here, the cables were short. He tried, and tried but failed. Finally i had to go to the service center and got it fixed.

So if anyone is ordering the battery online, please make sure you go to the service center and get it fixed. The way those cables are designed, better the TATA guys do it.

Regards,
Devyaani
Pole positions are opposite in factory fitted and some after market batteries. In my case amaron did not fit, in your case exide also didnt. I replaced with Exide-MREDDIN44R(R stands for R-pole, i suppose). Anyone can fit if it is an R-pole battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks