Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2020, 17:30   #3001
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Minor correction, the Zest 1.2 Revotron 4-Cylinder is based on the Indica Xeta 4-Cylinder engine, whereas the Altroz has the 1.2 engine which a reworked engine of the Tiago/Tigor, developed for Nexon (and Altroz).
You sure that Revotron in Zest is not a completely new engine because at the time of launch of Zest, it was being marketed as a brand new Petrol engine developed by Tata.
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 18:30   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
You sure that Revotron in Zest is not a completely new engine because at the time of launch of Zest, it was being marketed as a brand new Petrol engine developed by Tata.
It is a new but a reworked one from the Xeta engine, and not a completely ground up developed one.
Old 18th July 2020, 14:51   #3003
BHPian

A sad ending with our Zest - a perfect family car.
The car got completely submerged in water when our basement parking was flooded by the Amphan super-cyclone. It took two days to drain the water out of the basement.
Post a detailed inspection by the Tata service executives and the Insurance Agency, the car was declared as a total loss! A great vehicle gone in just 4 years.
A parting shot.

Tata Zest : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200712-13.25.43.jpeg
SansGT is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 19:41   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
A sad ending with our Zest - a perfect family car.
The car got completely submerged in water when our basement parking was flooded by the Amphan super-cyclone. It took two days to drain the water out of the basement.
Post a detailed inspection by the Tata service executives and the Insurance Agency, the car was declared as a total loss! A great vehicle gone in just 4 years.
A parting shot.

That's really sad. Hope you had "return to invoice" add on in your car insurance, otherwise it'll be big financial loss as well. Or natural disasters are not covered!?

Last edited by devilicious : 18th July 2020 at 19:42. Reason: Addition of text
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 22:04   #3005
BHPian

I think the return to invoice option can be availed only for the first 3 years for a new car, in which case it would not be applicable here.

Sorry for your loss brother. It would be a painful sight. I hope you'll do some permanent fixes to see if such flooding can be avoided in future and I hope your parking spot sees something wonderful very soon.

Quote:
That's really sad. Hope you had "return to invoice" add on in your car insurance, otherwise it'll be big financial loss as well. Or natural disasters are not covered!?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 09:56   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I think the return to invoice option can be availed only for the first 3 years for a new car, in which case it would not be applicable here.
I got return to invoice for my 2014 Zest so it can be availed, you just have to find an insurer who is offering it.
devilicious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:05   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Finally, my Zest gave an issue. Rear left power window got stuck halfway. I went to a garage to fix the issue. They said the power window motor was gone. I got the glass to be raised for a temporary fix.

While at it, I asked them to check brake pads as I noticed a slight sound when the wheel is turned left. On inspection, it was noticed that the brake pads were almost worn out. Even as I was confident they would last the 500 km return journey to home, I didn't take chance and had them changed. The mechanic was flabbergasted when I said these were OEM fitment and this was the first time they were being changed. Till then my car did 1,12,000 km in 5 years and 9 months.
simplyself is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 20:09   #3008
BHPian

Guys, how much should be an asking price of Nov 2014 Zest XT (P) which had run only 10.5K kms?
Old 13th October 2020, 17:25   #3009
BHPian

My Zest is due for service by this month end. Although I do not have any issues with the Tata ASS, but wanted to try out some reliable FNG this time, mainly for the cost differential. The car is almost 6 years now and 86K on the odo.

Any pointers to a reliable FNG in Gurgaon would be appreciated. TIA
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:40   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, how much should be an asking price of Nov 2014 Zest XT (P) which had run only 10.5K kms?
I think anywhere between 3.5L to 4L would be a fair price depending on the condition.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 20:01   #3011

Happy to share today My Zest QJD clocked 151000. Its been 5 years and 1 month. Doing very good. Except fuel pump failure no major complaint with the car. Tata motors service is every time a hit or miss but in my case it is almost bulls eye.
digitaldeepak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:17   #3012
BHPian

Facing an issue again.. After starting the car, Check Engine light does not go off 50% of the times.

Tata Zest : Official Review-smartselect_20201117232014_adobe-acrobat.jpg

This issue started last year and during annual service, I told this to the TASS and he said no issue came up during diagnostic. I occasionally drive my car but now, the issue is more frequent. Honestly, I don't have much confidence in TASS so was thinking to get it checked somewhere else. Any suggestion where should I get it done?

This year's service is due anyways. Howz GoMechanic's services?

Last edited by devilicious : 17th November 2020 at 23:23.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:02   #3013
BHPian

I am getting my father's Tata Zest XMA's tyres replaced tomorrow. I want to upgrade to Yokohama Earth 1 as I use them on my Fiesta in Bangalore and am quite happy but my father's Zest is run in UP and with pathetic roads all around, not sure if Yoko's sidewalls are strong enough to withstand such abuse. So which other tyre can I consider that is as good as the Yoko and have stronger sidewalls?
Also, how about upsizing to 195 section? Error in odo is one thing and yes I know of all the pros of upsizing, but not sure about cons in terms of side effects. I once upsized my Swift's 165 section crappy tyres to 195 section Yoko A drives and it was great, no problem at all and Earth 1's sidewalls are stronger than A drive's, still, Tata cars aren't supposed to be as mod friendly as a Swift, and I don't want to risk my father's ride.
Old 21st November 2020, 12:28   #3014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I am getting my father's Tata Zest XMA's tyres replaced tomorrow. I want to upgrade to Yokohama Earth 1 as I use them on my Fiesta in Bangalore and am quite happy but my father's Zest is run in UP and with pathetic roads all around, not sure if Yoko's sidewalls are strong enough to withstand such abuse. So which other tyre can I consider that is as good as the Yoko and have stronger sidewalls?
Also, how about upsizing to 195 section? Error in odo is one thing and yes I know of all the pros of upsizing, but not sure about cons in terms of side effects.
I purchased Zest's 15" rims and installed them on my Vista (which had 14" OEMs in 175/65R14 spec). Pune & surrounding roads are also terrible. I used Continental CC5 tyres 185 patch on these rims. Found them to be a good balance of durability, comfort & grip (especially wet grip).

The 185 patch IMO is sufficient for Zest. Unless you feel there is a severe shortage of road grip - it may not be necessary for an upgrade to 195. There will be a marginal error in the speedo but might need your father to recalibrate his judgement of braking based on tyre weight / grip difference etc.
Old 21st November 2020, 13:09   #3015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Facing an issue again.. After starting the car, Check Engine light does not go off 50% of the times.

This issue started last year and during annual service, I told this to the TASS and he said no issue came up during diagnostic. I occasionally drive my car but now, the issue is more frequent. Honestly, I don't have much confidence in TASS so was thinking to get it checked somewhere else. Any suggestion where should I get it done?

This year's service is due anyways. Howz GoMechanic's services?
It's one of the ignition coils that has probably burnt out. Nothing much to worry about. The car does fine even without one of them. Have the issue on the Vista.
discoverwild is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks