Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 11:52   #3031
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

I wonder if an aftermarket HU will work in Zest as the AC settings are displayed only on the HU screen.
Old 4th December 2020, 16:43   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I wonder if an aftermarket HU will work in Zest as the AC settings are displayed only on the HU screen.
Yes, that is what I will have to find out by inquiring at multiple accessory shops.
Old 4th December 2020, 16:52   #3033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by himarg View Post
Yes, that is what I will have to find out by inquiring at multiple accessory shops.
Canbus enabled Android HU for the ZEST I think would be available. Please connect with www.MotorBasket.com (Delhi). I have checked with them on whatsapp and they have told me they have it. Its not on the website but they can arrange it for a Zest. (I connect with them on Whatsapp once in a while for my own procurements so know them. Don't know them personally or have never met. Just sharing based on my experience, I cannot of course vouch for actual product etc. I have procured stuff from them including an Android HU & things have been good.)

Here is a sample they shared with me -

Tata Zest : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201204-4.50.58-am.jpeg

Alternatively - If you can build up a good relationship with some TASC - please see if you can procure a salvaged system from a totaled car. In case you get lucky - you might find one. Cheaper way out compared to OEM new unit costing 50K.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th December 2020 at 16:56.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:20   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Canbus enabled Android HU for the ZEST I think would be available. Please connect with www.MotorBasket.com (Delhi).
The image is for a variant with Manual AC. The XT Zest has a FATC and the controls are similar to whats shared across the Tata cars. In such cases if the AC settings are not displayed there will be no way to get the settings.
I have also not come across a FATC enabled Tata car with an aftermarket HU.
Old 4th December 2020, 19:23   #3035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The image is for a variant with Manual AC. The XT Zest has a FATC and the controls are similar to whats shared across the Tata cars. In such cases if the AC settings are not displayed there will be no way to get the settings.
I have also not come across a FATC enabled Tata car with an aftermarket HU.
And thats why I specifically mentioned CANBUS Enabled = with AC etc controls integrated. I knew XT would need it. Look up on YouTube and they are indeed available.

Infact, FATC integrated android units even for the Nexon, Hexa are available if one wants it.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:45   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Canbus enabled Android HU for the ZEST I think would be available. Please connect with www.MotorBasket.com (Delhi).
Thank you Reinhard for the helpful inputs. I have zeroed in some audio expert places in Bengaluru and will also ask the MotorBasket team. I will take up this task in the coming weeks when I have a few days off and will update this thread once I have got the issue resolved.

Last edited by himarg : 7th December 2020 at 14:46.
himarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 22:38   #3037
BHPian

After driving a new nexon and xuv300 , when I again drove my zest (Diesel 90 PS ) , I felt clutch a bit hard and harsh. I think it’s all about smoothness wear out after so many years ( 2014 model).

Is it something natural and expected with course of time ?? How can I ensure there is no issue as such or anyway to get clutch smooth again without breaking a bank.
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:21   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
After driving a new nexon and xuv300 , when I again drove my zest (Diesel 90 PS ) , I felt clutch a bit hard and harsh. I think it’s all about smoothness wear out after so many years ( 2014 model).

Is it something natural and expected with course of time ?? How can I ensure there is no issue as such or anyway to get clutch smooth again without breaking a bank.
A change of master and slave cylinders would do, if the clutch plate kit itself is okay. I think changing the clutch plate kit and the cylinders would cost around 7 to 8 K
Old 3rd January 2021, 08:32   #3039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Duplicate post with Team Bhp (Automotive air conditioner servicing & maintenance)

Car : TATA Zest XMS MJD 90ps / 2015 / 47K

Symptoms : No A/C effect and small noise is heard if A/C is on.

Diagnosis by TATA A.S.S : Cooling coil need to be replaced. Estimate Around 17,000.

Diagnosis and estimate by Independent mechanic : Pending

Car was serviced just 2 days back, no issues before service.

All four tyres were replaced after service, and wheel alignment / balancing done outside.

Will update here once Diagnosis and estimate by Independent mechanic is done.

Is there any possibility that problem happened due to service?

Any other owner faced similar issue?
This could be due to any component malfunction in the AC system. I had encountered the problem where the blower sound is high but the throw of air or the cooling was below par. Shutting of the system for half an hour or so, then the AC functioning became as usual. This happened for four to five times over a period of six months.

I mentioned this to the Tata Service when I went for regular service. They opined this could be due to malfunctioning of thermostat as it it was gathering ice on it. They cleaned it and said if the problem recurs again, they would replace the thermostat under warranty.

After the recurrence after 15000 km or so, they diagnosed the problem to the clogged filter. This filter was located below the dashboard. Cleaning that every once in a while kept the system functioning flawlessly.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:50   #3040
BHPian

Got the service done via GoMechanics. Here are some things which I was told:

1. Oil Sum Chamber was leaking slightly. They suggested to take the assembly out and check it but I refused because I didn't want anything factory fitted stuff to be removed forwhich I have no knowledge. I told the service advisor to instead check if the bolts are loose which they were. Just got them tightened for now.

2. They showed me that the coolant was all watery (colorless) and they often top-up only upto 200ml during service however suggested to take out all existing colorless liquid in it and fill up whole 3 liters. Since I had no issues with the car so asked them to only top it up.

So far, I was only getting the yearly service done by TASS and this is the first time I moved out. This coolant problem shouldn't be there if TASS was doing their job properly. And no such issues were reported by them so not sure who is telling the truth.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by devilicious : 8th January 2021 at 13:15. Reason: Correction
Old 11th February 2021, 15:16   #3041
BHPian

For the past few days, I have been observing a peculiar problem in my dad's Zest (Revotron). After the engine is cranked in the morning, the rpm would be way too low (~500 rpm) for a few seconds or so after which the revs go above 1200 rpm on its own. Earlier, during cold-starts the rpm needle used to hover around 1200 rpm after cranking. This momentary hesitation wasn't there before. It is observed only during cold-starts. The battery is just a year old and I don't think it's weak yet.
Is this a sign of something failing?
Old 11th February 2021, 16:01   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by __.gxr.__ View Post
For the past few days, I have been observing a peculiar problem in my dad's Zest (Revotron). After the engine is cranked in the morning, the rpm would be way too low (~500 rpm) for a few seconds or so after which the revs go above 1200 rpm on its own. Earlier, during cold-starts the rpm needle used to hover around 1200 rpm after cranking. This momentary hesitation wasn't there before. It is observed only during cold-starts. The battery is just a year old and I don't think it's weak yet.
Is this a sign of something failing?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...shuts-off.html (RPM drops after cold start, and engine shuts off)

This thread might have some information about pissible issues to check.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 22:49   #3043
BHPian

Sold my trusty, safe, reliable and solid Tata Zest on Feb 15th after an absolute fuss free ownership of exact 6 years and 62000 kms. It was quite an emotional moment for me. I LOVED what the car offered at that price point - sturdy build, lovely Harmon Kardon infotainment, space and easy on pocket to maintain. Below are the ownership costs from my G-sheet that I maintained:

On-Road Price: Rs. 7,17,229 (XT Revotron)
Total cost of 5 yearly services: Rs. 39,009 (1 year/15000km service interval)
Average fuel efficiency: 13kmpl (lowest 10.1 kmpl & highest 15.8kmpl)
Total fuel cost: Rs. 3,55,362
Total Insurance costs for 6 years - Rs. 49658
Battery changed in April 2018 - Rs. 4500
Tyre change in July 2020 - Rs. 20000
Miscellaneous expenses (tail light replacement x2, wheel balancing, alignment & rotation, wiper change, spark plug changes) - Rs. 11257

My current daily ride is my wife's Celerio AMT until we have Zest's replacement which is still TBD. Ongoing thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ta-seltos.html (Upgrading from a Tata Zest - City or Creta or Seltos?)!!
sam264_2000 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 20:54   #3044
BHPian

The Harman Audio unit is giving the problems again. 10% of the times when I start the car, there is no audio what-so- ever but other controls works fine like AC. Even if I turn off the car, reinsert the key, it won't resolve. If I leave the car off for an hour or so and then reinsert the key, it'll work.

I also noticed the screen said, "One Hour Mode" today when I started the car. A.S.S. did run some diagnostics but did not find any issues and the only solution from them is to replace the system by Harman which is ~50k.

Do sum1 know any place in Delhi who can help diagnose/fix this?

I think the problem started 2 years back after my car went through a open pothole but it resolved on its own. And now, this has started all over again suddenly.
Old 21st February 2021, 20:18   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
The Harman Audio unit is giving the problems again. 10% of the times when I start the car, there is no audio what-so- ever but other controls works fine like AC. Even if I turn off the car, reinsert the key, it won't resolve. If I leave the car off for an hour or so and then reinsert the key, it'll work..
When you insert the key and turn on the ignition, wait for 7 to 10 seconds until all the dials on MID do a quick check and the default screen comes on the Harmon unit. Crank the engine after this. You will never face this problem again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks