Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 18:32   #181
BHPian

Re: Insider News: Is the Audi A3 being phased out?

IMHO, the refreshed VW Jetta looks much more premium with a lot of additional features.
A3, with its 4 door coupe style, has less in-cabin space, compared to a Jetta or Octavia. In the same price range of A3, the options are not only limited to the Jetta and Octavia, and those who are shopping for a budget might purchase other cars as well (Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla Altis etc, or even SUVs).
The features and space offered by A3 will turn off the crowd who aspire for a luxury brand. Such customers who look for luxury brands, might instead opt for a bigger A4, or a C-Class.
And since the rupees put in is close to the so called non-luxury brands, the feature list comparison is inevitable and that will work against A3.
I believe this is the reason there are not many takers for A3. It is neither luxury, nor VFM.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 21:22   #182
BHPian

Re: Insider News: Is the Audi A3 being phased out?

The A3 which we all predicted to be a blockbuster is a slow seller!!! Most of us (including me) thought is has everything going for it - understated family look, smart interiors, good engines. Interior space was expected to be less so that was not a bad thing.

However, I think we all overlooked the CLA which has clearly caught the fancy of this set of buyers. Also I think there is an increased realisation of the platform sharing between other group cars which might also be a factor.

I hope Audi takes this opportunity to 'right-price' it.
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:07   #183
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi A3 : Official Review

I guess Audi finally got the message, that Vento sized sedans aren't ok if they lack flash, they've managed a cut price A3 petrol which makes the Octavia 1.8 TSI seem better value. Audi fans can now get a car without fog lamps and HIDs for a bargain 25 lakhs, the only plus side to this is that the wet clutch DSG used here should be better than the DQ200 in terms of reliability.
Old 13th December 2015, 12:52   #184

I recently relocated from Melbourne to Bangalore for professional reasons and am in the market for a car. I am looking for the higher end of the sedan range (Corolla, Elantra) and also checked out some of the luxury entry level sedans. I am being offered a good (should I say great) deal on the A3 from Audi Bangalore. Basically a Technology Pack Variant with a discount of almost 10 lacs on the OTR. It's a demo car with some mileage on it but still seems like a good option. Any suggestions from the experts on the group?
Old 13th December 2015, 15:18   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshinm View Post
I recently relocated from Melbourne to Bangalore for professional reasons and am in the market for a car. I am looking for the higher end of the sedan range (Corolla, Elantra) and also checked out some of the luxury entry level sedans. I am being offered a good (should I say great) deal on the A3 from Audi Bangalore. Basically a Technology Pack Variant with a discount of almost 10 lacs on the OTR. It's a demo car with some mileage on it but still seems like a good option. Any suggestions from the experts on the group?

By demo car, you mean a showroom demo car or a test drive vehicle? What is the mileage? Exactly how old is the car? Will you get standard 2 year warranty plus extended warranty? Is the colour to your liking? Does it have a sunroof? The interior colour is fully beige/brown/black?
Old 14th December 2015, 03:43   #186

It's got approximately 8000 km on it. It was a test drive vehicle. I have driven it myself and it doesn't have any issues that I could spot ( which is not saying much ). It comes through the Audi Approved program so it has their 110 point check and warranty. It's the highest end variant with a sunroof. The color is Misano Red which my kids love.
joshinm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 07:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

Audi A3 : Official Review

Quote:
It's got approximately 8000 km on it. It was a test drive vehicle. I have driven it myself and it doesn't have any issues that I could spot ( which is not saying much ). It comes through the Audi Approved program so it has their 110 point check and warranty. It's the highest end variant with a sunroof. The color is Misano Red which my kids love.

Being a test drive car, chances of body damage and mechanical abuse is more. But since it has just 8000 kms on the odo, I could be wrong. In any case, you would be buying a used car, so you can always ask for a vin check from the dealer with service history. People sometimes try to take a test drive on roads which have big pot holes or very rough surface, so do check out the same, for any rattles or vibrations.

The leather on the steering would have been worn out to some extent, do check that. Operate the sun roof multiple times and check for any noises which seem odd.

Finally, visual inspection from outside is also very imp as the A3 has a lot of curves and lines which would be easy to dent in minor accidents. Check Under body, check tyre life.

Check fluid levels. Check for any vibration while operating the brakes. Check the alloys for any chips or damages. Check spare tyre and battery level.

If you're ready to go for a used car, it would mean doing checks, which would be even more detailed than some I have mentioned here. You could ask for a bigger discount though. Car should not be costing more than 22-23 lakhs on road after discount.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 14th December 2015 at 07:19.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 09:04   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Plus will you be the first owner? Or has it already been registered under Audi Bengaluru?

That will count much later when you are looking to sell it :-)
Old 14th December 2015, 10:26   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have driven that car and it drives well. Audi look after their demo cars. A friend of mine bought a Q5 demo from them and almost 3 years later, no issues to report!
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 11:08   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Plus will you be the first owner? Or has it already been registered under Audi Bengaluru?

That will count much later when you are looking to sell it :-)

I will be the first owner. It's an unregistered car.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:35   #191
BHPian

Booked an A3 TFSI Petrol 😊
Wanted to get the premium plus trim, but they don't make those anymore. The premium has all the bells and whistles one wants, except the Xenons and LED DRLs ☹

The car will be a MY16 which is made in December 2015.

Delivery is scheduled sometime towards the end of this month.

I'm still trying to push them to arrange a Premium Plus (really want those Xenons) but it seems futile as the last batch they had is sold out.

What are the possibilities of swapping the headlight units from a Premium Plus variant and putting them in the Premium variant? The dealer has refused to do it.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:21   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Wanted to get the premium plus trim, but they don't make those anymore. The premium has all the bells and whistles one wants, except the Xenons and LED DRLs ☹

Hi Madnish, would you mind sharing what discounts you may have got available on A3 TFSI Premium edition for 2015 manufactured cars and what is the final OTR? I called the Chennai dealer but they seem reluctant to sell this car, did not get any response from the dealership at all.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:43   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Madnish, would you mind sharing what discounts you may have got available on A3 TFSI Premium edition for 2015 manufactured cars and what is the final OTR? I called the Chennai dealer but they seem reluctant to sell this car, did not get any response from the dealership at all.
In North India until 6 months ago, Audi dealerships had become somewhat like fish markets where discounts were too good to believe and you could haggle like you're buying vegetables!

Joe King received a complaint from a lawyer buyer and summoned all the dealers, told them to stop this nonsense and decided a fixed kitty of discounts which is approved by Audi, beyond which the dealer is not allowed to given even a rupee off, the dealer can offer additional accessories or services but no cash discounts.

There are Audi auditors at the dealer to ensure this and the penalty for breaching the discounts is ₹4.5 crore upto suspension of dealership.

Which is why price at all dealers (6-7) was same to the last digit.

Got a discount of ₹205,000 on the on road price. And price protection from the 2-3% price hike wef January 16.

The discount on premium plus was ₹550,000 and on the A4 was ₹700,000.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 13:47   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I would say wait for the next batch and see if you can get the variant you want.
Dealer won't agree to your request because they might have got a cue that you're keen to close the deal, and they want to clear off the 2015 stock.

IMO, Audi models look pretty ordinary without those signature LEDs.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:50   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would say wait for the next batch and see if you can get the variant you want.
Dealer won't agree to your request because they might have got a cue that you're keen to close the deal, and they want to clear off the 2015 stock.

IMO, Audi models look pretty ordinary without those signature LEDs.
In petrol the premium plus was discontinued 3 months ago, whatever remained in assembly lines and stock yard was cleared by December.

So the variant is discontinued and won't be making a comeback in 2016, unfortunately.

All petrol A3s hereafter will be sans LEDs.
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks