Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 23:47   #196
BHPian

Re: Audi A3 : Official Review

Does anyone have any data on the bulb types used in the Premium variant? Looking to upgrade the yellow halogens to something towards white, at least the DRL halogens.

If anyone has the manual please do share the page on bulb types. Thanks in advance!
Old 28th January 2016, 06:34   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Does anyone have any data on the bulb types used in the Premium variant? Looking to upgrade the yellow halogens to something towards white, at least the DRL halogens.

If anyone has the manual please do share the page on bulb types. Thanks in advance!
Hi Mate,
I found the following from the myaudi online manual link. If you need anything more specific I can lookup my manual later this evening. Although this is the international Manual, I dont think the specs would be drastically different.

Online Manual Link (not sure if it will work): http://bordbuch-online.audi.de/AudiB...e=en#undefined

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 : Official Review-a3bulb.jpg  

Last edited by Zenster : 28th January 2016 at 06:43.
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 23:49   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Booked an A3 TFSI Petrol 😊
Wanted to get the premium plus trim, but they don't make those anymore. The premium has all the bells and whistles one wants, except the Xenons and LED DRLs ☹

The car will be a MY16 which is made in December 2015.

Delivery is scheduled sometime towards the end of this month.

I'm still trying to push them to arrange a Premium Plus (really want those Xenons) but it seems futile as the last batch they had is sold out.

What are the possibilities of swapping the headlight units from a Premium Plus variant and putting them in the Premium variant? The dealer has refused to do it.
Tooo the delivery of the A3 today! Pretty impressed with the whole experience of getting here, have dealt with BMW and Mercedes both (with more expensive cars) and haven't gotten this treatment anywhere else!

Will be posting a detailed post on initial experience etc with the car itself. But, so far so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hi Mate,
I found the following from the myaudi online manual link. If you need anything more specific I can lookup my manual later this evening. Although this is the international Manual, I dont think the specs would be drastically different.

Online Manual Link (not sure if it will work): http://bordbuch-online.audi.de/AudiB...e=en#undefined

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot, this helps! Planning to get the bulbs changes to white ones
Old 1st February 2016, 00:14   #199
BHPian

Quote:

I was in the same boat with my Passat. i have a trendline that does not come with Xenons and has regular halogen setup exactly similar to the A3.

I wanted white light, so I upgraded the low beams H7 to morimoto HID, the results are decent. I feel I spent too much for a little gain.

I would recommend you go for Philips Crystal or white vision bulbs in your car. (Not diamond vision as they reduce overall performance). It will give the desired white look with some increased performance. There is nothing else you can do without tinkering around with the car and something that is not recommended, specially for a new car.

Happy riding. Enjoy your Audi
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 05:41   #200
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot, this helps! Planning to get the bulbs changes to white ones
You are welcome! And congratulations on the new car. wish you many happy miles with her.

Here's an image of her beautiful eyes, to make you J
I chose the Tech pack only for the DRL and Projectors and they look great. Have covered more than 5000kms so far in 4-months.

Audi A3 : Official Review-img_85012flaresmall.jpg

Mine is the 1.8T Quattro with the 6-speed DSG (DQ250?). What the gearbox for the 1.8T in India? And also whats the service interval after delivery? here it is 1yr straight-away, no 3K or 5K service for the new car.
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 07:35   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
You are welcome! And congratulations on the new car. wish you many happy miles with her.

Here's an image of her beautiful eyes, to make you J
I chose the Tech pack only for the DRL and Projectors and they look great. Have covered more than 5000kms so far in 4-months.

Attachment 1467004

Mine is the 1.8T Quattro with the 6-speed DSG (DQ250?). What the gearbox for the 1.8T in India? And also whats the service interval after delivery? here it is 1yr straight-away, no 3K or 5K service for the new car.
That's looks sick! *so jealous!*
The TFSI has a 7 speed DSG, while I drove the TDI I found the 6 speed DSG to be a little sluggish in up shifts, but I guess that's a conservative diesel specific tuning!

Next service is at the end of 1 year, not bound by kilometres here, they don't recommend any checks or top ups anytime before 1 year. So that's nice to hear!
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 09:43   #202
BHPian

Audi seems to have imported a new engine variant of the A3 for homologation purposes.
This is the A3 35TFSI which has a 1.4 liter petrol engine. This engine is sold with a tune of 150 HP in markets outside India.
Maybe they want to lower the price point further, as they don't have any plans of launching the A1 in India.
Wonder if they will offer it with a manual.
Also wondering why the Import value is so high.

Source: Zauba
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 : Official Review-a3.png  

Old 5th May 2016, 20:09   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
wondering why the Import value is so high.
Freight gets added to basic costs for calculation of assessable value , in this case because of Air Freight this amount becomes appreciable . But I am curious why have they got this by Air ?
Old 5th May 2016, 23:02   #204
Senior - BHPian

How very communist of the lawyer buyer & the Joe King fella. They just won't let market forces come in to play.

Anyhow, were you able to locate the base version/variant of the A3 with any dealer? The one that came without the sunroof.

Quote:
In North India until 6 months ago, Audi dealerships had become somewhat like fish markets where discounts were too good to believe and you could haggle like you're buying vegetables!

Joe King received a complaint from a lawyer buyer and summoned all the dealers, told them to stop this nonsense and decided a fixed kitty of discounts which is approved by Audi, beyond which the dealer is not allowed to given even a rupee off, the dealer can offer additional accessories or services but no cash discounts.

There are Audi auditors at the dealer to ensure this and the penalty for breaching the discounts is ₹4.5 crore upto suspension of dealership.

Which is why price at all dealers (6-7) was same to the last digit.

Got a discount of ₹205,000 on the on road price. And price protection from the 2-3% price hike wef January 16.

The discount on premium plus was ₹550,000 and on the A4 was ₹700,000.
Old 4th October 2016, 17:32   #205

Is there any news on the facelifted A3? When will it hit the Indian shores? Some sources say that it may come by this year end but still don't see any signs of it.
Old 14th October 2016, 08:04   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India reports that the facelift will come with the new 'national engine' for VAG, namely the 150bhp 1.4 TFSI. This 1.4 is also on the new A4 and likely to be on the 2017 Octavia and Jetta (if the latter even makes it to India).
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 23:53   #207
BHPian

Audi may be losing the plot here. Someone spending over 30L for a car isn't going to like dealing with an engine that isn't much larger than the one you would find on a Suzuki Swift. Besides the 2.0L TSI has to make it down to India some time soon. Why not with the Audi? If I can get the 1.8 with a Superb or an Octavia, I would think long and hard about an Audi

The VW group seems to want to get a monopoly on lousy decisions.
Old 15th October 2016, 09:02   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post

The VW group seems to want to get a monopoly on lousy decisions.
Actually it makes perfect sense. The A3 is an entry level luxury car and 150 ps is more than sufficient to keep the target buyer happy. It's in the A4 that it defies logic.

I hardly see a single A3 on the road and it's pretty obvious people don't see the point in shelling out nearly 40 big ones for what is essentially a glorified Vento. So if this move drops the price to something more reasonable, why not?
Old 17th October 2016, 17:55   #209
BHPian

Fair point. I guess I was reacting more to the engine choice on the A4 than the A3. They better knock off some significant $$$ off the price though. This problem doesn't exist in European countries because there are usually some 5 engines on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Actually it makes perfect sense. The A3 is an entry level luxury car and 150 ps is more than sufficient to keep the target buyer happy. It's in the A4 that it defies logic.
Old 19th February 2017, 17:08   #210
BHPian

Hi does anyone have any info on the facelifted A3 which launched in Feb 2017 . I'm looking for price list and the spec sheet. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks