Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 22:39   #211
Senior - BHPian

Audi A3 : Official Review

Prices are same as previous. Although the 1.8 TSI is replaced by the 1.4 TFSI 150 bhp. Xenon replaced by LED and new alloy design. Richer leather upholstery is what I've come across. That's really it.

This might help :

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 19th February 2017 at 22:49.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 02:33   #212
BHPian

Re: Audi A3 : Official Review

Hi All,

I had a query to all you experts out there. My office had allocated a 2015 AudiA3 petrol to me. So its a 1.8 engine with around 170horses.
The car was majority driver driven not self driven and was also used for other office purpose. For some official reasons the car is out for sale and I am thinking of buying it.
Like some of you mentioned - I was going for a new Scoda Octavia petrol AT(absolutely in love with it) because of obvious reasons, cheaper with more features, more legroom, space etc. However now I am getting the A3 at a good price (depreciated value minus what was paid from my salary etc) so I think it will cost me much cheaper (around twenties). so i will shell around 4-5LKHS lesser than a new Ocativa petrol.
1) This is a 2nd car for us and we are a small family of short people (the tallest being me at 5.7) so height and legroom is not an issue for us.
2) What differences I observed (i might be really wrong, just personal assumptions) i thought the A3 was better planted at higher speeds, better handling in traffic and had a little better build quality.
3) I am very happy with a compact (quick n fast) sedan for quick office short trips in Mumbai traffic and a weekend trip on highway and Octy is a little large for this (this is not a deal breaker for the Ocavia for me)
4) I wanted to ask 3-4 years down the lane will the A3 have a better resale value than the new Octavia or is it the opposite?
5) wife and mom loves the Audi snob value - LEAST important

Based on these factors could you guys advise if I should go for the A3 deal? I am really keen on picking it and taking a mechanic/evaluator this weekend to check the intrinsic details of the machine.
please advise.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th April 2018 at 23:42. Reason: high speed mention removed
Old 13th July 2017, 10:08   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Few more details:
Variant in question? Important because the base one is very plain without the trademark LED EEKs.

Extended warranty and or all inclusive AMC existing or possible to buy? Obvious!

Odometer so far? Basic question

Colour? Red?! :=)

Apart from 4, everything points to A3 :-)
Old 13th July 2017, 17:58   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Few more details:
Variant in question? Important because the base one is very plain without the trademark LED EEKs.

Extended warranty and or all inclusive AMC existing or possible to buy? Obvious!

Odometer so far? Basic question

Colour? Red?! :=)

Apart from 4, everything points to A3 :-)
Its the Premium Plus SLine (with sunroof) - I agree the base one is really very plain.

extended warranty for 4 years, valid till 2019.

Odo is at around 20K right now.

Color - white.
Old 14th July 2017, 12:14   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

If the technical inspection is green (especially w.r.t. the S-Tronic gearbox), then go for it. White is not a great colour, but probably makes the relatively smaller A3 look BIGGER :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 11:55   #216
BHPian

I have booked white colour Premium Plus Diesel variant. As I expect delivery this week, I got a call from SA that my car will have to undergo temp registration first (30 days validity) and, after 20 days, dealer will take the car for half a day to perform normal registration.

Apparently, the car is in Pune stockyard and is being shipped to Chennai from Pune. As the shipping is going to happen like any other new vehicle from factory, I didn't understand why car will have to undergo Temp registration.

Can anybody throw some light on this please?
Old 12th March 2018, 14:07   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I have booked white colour Premium Plus Diesel variant. As I expect delivery this week, I got a call from SA that my car will have to undergo temp registration first (30 days validity) and, after 20 days, dealer will take the car for half a day to perform normal registration.

Apparently, the car is in Pune stockyard and is being shipped to Chennai from Pune. As the shipping is going to happen like any other new vehicle from factory, I didn't understand why car will have to undergo Temp registration.

Can anybody throw some light on this please?
Something fishy for sure, rto officers were asking the government to scrap temporary registration to reduce instances of tax evasion, this meeting happened last week. Temp registration is usually the first step to register in Pondicherry. You should get the RC book during delivery, unless you are participating in an rto auction for special numbers.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 14:27   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Something fishy for sure, rto officers were asking the government to scrap temporary registration to reduce instances of tax evasion, this meeting happened last week. Temp registration is usually the first step to register in Pondicherry. You should get the RC book during delivery, unless you are participating in an rto auction for special numbers.
Registration is in Tamil Nadu and hence I am baffled on the need for temp. I am visiting them today to have a discussion on this. Any insight before my discussion will be very helpful
Old 12th March 2018, 17:27   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Hi All,

I had a query to all you experts out there. My office had allocated a 2015 AudiA3 petrol to me. So its a 1.8 engine with around 170horses.
The car was majority driver driven not self driven and was also used for other office purpose. For some official reasons the car is out for sale and I am thinking of buying it.
Like some of you mentioned - I was going for a new Scoda Octavia petrol AT(absolutely in love with it) because of obvious reasons, cheaper with more features, more legroom, space etc. However now I am getting the A3 at a good price (depreciated value minus what was paid from my salary etc) so I think it will cost me much cheaper (around twenties). so i will shell around 4-5LKHS lesser than a new Ocativa petrol.
1) This is a 2nd car for us and we are a small family of short people (the tallest being me at 5.7) so height and legroom is not an issue for us.
2) What differences I observed (i might be really wrong, just personal assumptions) i thought the A3 was better planted at higher speeds 170+KMPH, better handling in traffic and had a little better build quality.
3) I am very happy with a compact (quick n fast) sedan for quick office short trips in Mumbai traffic and a weekend trip on highway and Octy is a little large for this (this is not a deal breaker for the Ocavia for me)
4) I wanted to ask 3-4 years down the lane will the A3 have a better resale value than the new Octavia or is it the opposite?
5) wife and mom loves the Audi snob value - LEAST important

Based on these factors could you guys advise if I should go for the A3 deal? I am really keen on picking it and taking a mechanic/evaluator this weekend to check the intrinsic details of the machine.
please advise.
Surprisingly, the new Octavia seems to hold resale values very well, especially the Diesel ones. On the other hand, Audi A4s and A3s seem to have depreciated very rapidly. I am just going by what I see on OLX and what I hear from a neighborhood used car dealer. The A4s with the older body shape are the worst hit - they seem to have depreciated nearly 50% in 2.5 years.
Old 13th March 2018, 21:03   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
On further discussion, I was told that the car was invoiced to Pune dealer already. When the cars are reallocated to another dealer, they will have to follow this process to create reinvoicing to Chennai.

The registration will be in Tamil Nadu and temp registration cost will be borne by the dealer.

Looks all sorted now, expecting delivery by tomorrow or latest by Thursday
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 17:55   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post

Looks all sorted now, expecting delivery by tomorrow or latest by Thursday
So did they deliver the car as promised?
Old 4th April 2018, 19:20   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
So did they deliver the car as promised?
They did but there are few pending items/issues for which I am still awaiting answers. I will make a post with more details once these issues are sorted
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 21:15   #223
BHPian

Got delivery of my petrol premium plus. Very happy with the buying process with Jubiliant motors Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 : Official Review-20180411_210954.jpg  

deepfreak15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 19:31   #224
BHPian

I believe now I have finally settled with my purchase of Audi A3 Premium Plus TDI. Booked the car on 22nd Feb 2018 and took delivery on 15th March. The vehicle I took was from 2017 manufactured and hence got a good deal.

The 2017 vehicle was only available with Pune dealer and hence Chennai dealer had to do a temp to invoice it back to Chennai (internal process). Vehicle was delivered with a temp registration and 3 weeks later permanent registration in Tamil Nadu was done. The purchase was from Jubilant Motor works and the purchase experience was very pleasant and professional.

I had couple of small niggles after the purchase and I wouldn’t rate the service center at the same level as the showroom. However, it’s all settled now and have been enjoying the ride in this beast since then. I have clocked 3.5k kms in about 2 months and hope to crunch many many more for a long time.

My Vehicle in Audi Yard - PDI was important on the day of arrival from Pune to ensure no transit damages
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image2.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image3.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image4.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image5.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image6.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image7.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image9.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image10.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image11.jpeg  

Last edited by mudhasir : 26th May 2018 at 19:39. Reason: sentence correction
mudhasir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 19:36   #225
BHPian

Took an annual package with 3M car care within a week and had her polished up. The last image is one of the niggle I was talking about. The beeding on the door came off while I was driving. A demoralising incident to say the least
Attached Thumbnails
Audi A3 : Official Review-image22.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image24.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image25.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image26.jpeg  

Audi A3 : Official Review-image28.jpeg  

Last edited by mudhasir : 26th May 2018 at 19:37.
mudhasir is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks