Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 12:40   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Sorry Raghav_K and Ssengo. I was away from internet and not even taken my car for last 2 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
They took out the glove box cover and then removed the ECM, then they adjusted the harness, opened couple of screws from underneath and then they fixed everything back. I wasn't allowed to be near the car so not sure what all they did. I pressurized the mechanic to figure out what he actually did, but he also said check-up only, however I have a strong feeling that they have replaced some part somewhere.

Then came a device called G-Scan, to scan all the electricals. My key codes got reset, the fob was dead, again I am not sure why, it came back to life with some struggle, the security code/PIN for my fobs have changed. Now only one key is functional, the spare fob is useless till the time I take it for a reset too.
Unexpected one. Still not clear about the intention of this recall and whether it is nationwide or not. Will check here for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
PU leather looks very close match to genuine leather and looks good. I was bit worried about the price of genuine leather.

Yes, it will be fitted over the existing seat.
Thanks for your step. At least now I came to know about the availability of seat cover for Elite. Please share photos. I will go and check only by next weekend.
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 15:46   #152
BHPian

Received the Sparco antenna through e-bay. You may refer the below snap to know how small it is. The stock Elite i20 antenna is 4 times longer than this. Yet to replace and check the quality of reception (FM radio).

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-sparco_i20.jpg
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 17:40   #153
BHPian

Mileage update :

Around 16kmpl for city drives, and 19kmpl + for highways.

The first tank fill mileage is purely city driving, and the second tank fill is 500km highway + 200km city driving. The third tank fill mileage will be calculated when I tank fill the next time. (hope the pic is attached, uploading from mobile app)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screenshot_20140914173637.png  

Last edited by Raghav_K : 14th September 2014 at 17:44.
Old 14th September 2014, 19:22   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Unexpected one. Still nt clear about the intention of this recall and whether it is nationwide or not. Will check here for sure.
Please do check and keep us all informed with more details about this recall.

Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 09:23   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Received the Sparco antenna through e-bay. You may refer the below snap to know how small it is. The stock Elite i20 antenna is 4 times longer than this. Yet to replace and check the quality of reception (FM radio).

Attachment 1287510
Did you order it online? Can you please share the link. This looks so compact and nice. BTW, how is the reception quality and the price?
Old 15th September 2014, 09:27   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Raghav_K and Ssengo. I was away from internet and not even taken my car for last 2 days.

Unexpected one. Still not clear about the intention of this recall and whether it is nationwide or not. Will check here for sure.

Thanks for your step. At least now I came to know about the availability of seat cover for Elite. Please share photos. I will go and check only by next weekend.
I have placed the order and have to wait till saturday to get the seat covers fitted. Will post the pictures once the job is done.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_201409131992.jpg  

Old 15th September 2014, 11:01   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
..(hope the pic is attached, uploading from mobile app)
What is this application? Thanks.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:09   #158
BHPian

I took a TD of an Elite i20 diesel on Sunday. Superb to drive as ever & more plush inside, possibly the best hatchback available today.

But they ruined the rear seat, feels more claustrophobic now with the new windows compared to the outgoing model! Now it feels like Swift to me
Old 15th September 2014, 11:18   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
But they ruined the rear seat, feels more claustrophobic now with the new windows compared to the outgoing model! Now it feels like Swift to me
Claustrophobia is overrated.

With a ban on sun films, crowded roads and our strong sun, I prefer a higher window line and smaller windows. Helps especially when you have a small baby in the car.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 18:26   #160
BHPian

@ ssengo: reception is same as the stock antenna, within the city. Not sure how it would be on the highways, once you start moving away.

Vvrchandra: it's an android app called as drivvo. It has both free and paid features. Free is good enough!
Old 15th September 2014, 20:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Did you order it online? Can you please share the link. This looks so compact and nice. BTW, how is the reception quality and the price?
I already mentioned it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3529255

I think it is sold out. You can google and try from other dealer. Like Raghav_K mentioned, the reception is good in City. I have not yet checked out side city limit.
Old 16th September 2014, 08:58   #162
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks, slightly I guess:

From all the discussions on this thread. I am assuming that we have at least 3 new Hyundai Elite I20 Owners and not a single ownership report yet on Team BHP.

Common 'Elite Owners', post the ownership thread ASAP.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 15:47   #163

Dear Folks,
Am going to get delivery of my new ELITE i20 ASTA(petrol) this evening. Shall try and post some pics later in the day.

The Mumbai dealer has quoted ~Rs. 4500 (approx.) for 3rd year extended warranty, stating the car comes with 2 years company warranty enclosed. This 3rd year warranty is from their (Dealer) side. Should I consider buying it? And secondly, how does this stack-up against company warranty?

Can other Elite i20 owners let me know if they have opted for any such extra-buys.

Thanks in advance.
Old 16th September 2014, 16:00   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk007 View Post

The Mumbai dealer has quoted ~Rs. 4500 (approx.) for 3rd year extended warranty, stating the car comes with 2 years company warranty enclosed. This 3rd year warranty is from their (Dealer) side. Should I consider buying it? And secondly, how does this stack-up against company warranty?

Hey pk007 congrats on your buy and enjoy your drive.

There is nothing known as a 'Dealer Warranty' if my knowledge serves me right. Any (All) warranty is only from Manufacturer end, in your case it is Hyundai.

The dealer is simply trying to pull a fast one on you by saying they can provide a third year 'Dealer' warranty from their end. It could also be that you might have mistaken it to be from the dealer's side.

Either ways, since the Elite is still new & fresh in the market, you can always buy the 3rd year warranty extension from Hyundai either durinig your first service or before your 2yrs warranty expires.

Drive safe.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th September 2014 at 16:02.
Old 16th September 2014, 16:12   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk007 View Post
This 3rd year warranty is from their (Dealer) side. Should I consider buying it? And secondly, how does this stack-up against company warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
The dealer is simply trying to pull a fast one on you by saying they can provide a third year 'Dealer' warranty from their end. It could also be that you might have mistaken it to be from the dealer's side.
Adding to what Vikram has already stated, before buying this "dealer" warranty, you would also want to go thru all the fine print to understand what is covered and what is not. At 4500/- for an extra year of coverage, you would want to ensure the major components are covered which were by default covered in the 2 year company warranty.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks