Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2016, 10:11   #1681
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Can some one enlighten me on the below 2 points for 1.2 petrol ?
1. Avg fuel economy for bangalore ?
2. Avg maintanence cost YOY ?

TIA..

Cheers.. Shiv
Old 9th June 2016, 15:02   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I am getting the same as well. On the highway I am getting 19.

Any recommendations for service center as 1st service is due today? how long did it take?
Hi udainxs, Any change that you observed after the first service wrt to Mileage or Performance ?
Old 9th June 2016, 15:47   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
I have very strange FE. I don't know how to calculate exactly. This is how I calculate, there are 12 points in fuel gauge. Dividing with fuel capacity (usually fill full tank, cut off when pump stops). Hence each point is around 3.75 Litres.
So,The MIDs are different in Asta and other variants. But what I have seen conclusively in Asta's MID's is that the first point of the fuel gauge holds around 10L of fuel and the other points after that hold 3-4 litres of fuel. There is a chance that the last bar also holds more fuel, but I have never really tested that. So all the points in fuel gauge do not hold the same amount of fuel.

The FE is best calculated best with tank fill to tank fill method. Make sure you use auto-cut and preferably same fuelling station to determine FE more accurately using the tank-fill to tank-fill method.
Old 9th June 2016, 15:58   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Can some one enlighten me on the below 2 points for 1.2 petrol ?
1. Avg fuel economy for bangalore ?
2. Avg maintanence cost YOY ?

TIA..

Cheers.. Shiv
I own a 2 month old Elite I20 petrol and I am getting an average of 12.5 in city (almost always with AC on). I mostly drive in normal traffic and avoid rush hour traffic. So if you are driving in rush hour traffic you could expect a little less.

Came back from a 700km long drive on the hills and I am curious to find out how much it gave. Will update once I refill my tank. I follow the tank full method to calculate FE.
Old 9th June 2016, 16:19   #1685
BHPian

A question to all Elite I20 owners. I have just come back from a trip to Coorg. This was my 1st long drive after purchase. The ODO at the start of the trip was +1500kms. There are 2 things on which I want some advise. I should mention here that my car is the Petrol sports variant (with non alloys).

1) On one stretch of the road I had to apply brakes pretty hard and there was a sound from the brakes, cant explain the sound exactly but the sound felt like some small stone was stuck in the brake. After I released the brake it again started functioning normally. No issues felt during the rest of the drive. Is it the ABS? I am confused how the ABS works. Never faced such situation in my previous non ABS car. Any opinions?

2)On another stretch I had to jam the brakes because the road authorities decided to make a bumper in the middle of a fast and straight stretch of road. I was around 90-100 I guess. The car slowed down but didn't stop. I crossed the bumper in medium speed. I was hoping with a ABS equipped car the brakes would be better.

3) This issue is to do with the parking brakes/hand-brakes of the Elite. As one would expect I had to park the vehicle in an incline on a few occasions during the Cooorg trip. Pulled the handbrake, put the gear in neutral and then I found the car rolling backwards. I pulled the handbrake a little more (as far as it would go) and put the car in 1st gear. It was fine then, but still I was a little worried and put a stone behind the wheel. I have owned an Alto for over 5 years and have taken it to several hills but never faced a similar issue. One pull of the handbrake and the car was fine. Has anyone face similar issue?

Other than the issues mentioned above the car did fine and it was a pleasure driving it around the twisty roads in the kushalnagar-madikeri stretch.
Old 9th June 2016, 17:13   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Hi udainxs, Any change that you observed after the first service wrt to Mileage or Performance ?
Hi,

I have only driven in the city after the service and continue to get ~13kmpl
As for performance, I dont think there has been any change. I just take the liberty to rev more than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
A question to all Elite I20 owners.
1) On one stretch of the road I had to apply brakes pretty hard and there was a sound from the brakes,
Sounds like ABS. I regularly hear that sound when I brake on slippery pavement
2)On another stretch I had to jam the brakes because the road authorities decided to make a bumper in the middle of a fast and straight stretch of road. I was around 90-100 I guess.
ABS prevents locking, however it does not always translate into superb brake performance. Even in my i20 sometimes I wish the brakes had more bite

3) This issue is to do with the parking brakes/hand-brakes of the Elite.
I face the same issue. Car rolls with the handbrake pulled

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2016 at 22:13. Reason: Posts merged. Quote fixed.
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 18:35   #1687
BHPian

@udainxs

Thanks for the info. Did you tell Hyundai service people about the issue? What was their response?
Old 9th June 2016, 19:23   #1688
BHPian

Has anyone tried installing AVN to Asta i20? Any idea whether its possible and its cost?
Old 9th June 2016, 20:27   #1689
BHPian

Hi Sanchari,

The Asta Option variant comes with AVN. But even if you opt for the lower variants it should not be an issue to get AVN installed. I think the Hyundai folks would be rather happy to offer this to you at an extra cost. For me they were trying to sell me the projector lamps.
Old 9th June 2016, 21:10   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sanchari,

The Asta Option variant comes with AVN. But even if you opt for the lower variants it should not be an issue to get AVN installed. I think the Hyundai folks would be rather happy to offer this to you at an extra cost. For me they were trying to sell me the projector lamps.
adutta2k, Asta(O) has the AVN, not the Asta. And I was looking at a slightly used Asta, so wanted to check once if it was possible and the costs involved.
Old 10th June 2016, 11:41   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
@udainxs

Thanks for the info. Did you tell Hyundai service people about the issue? What was their response?
I didnt mention it at the service. Clean forgot
Old 10th June 2016, 14:19   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Hi,
This issue is to do with the parking brakes/hand-brakes of the Elite.
I face the same issue. Car rolls with the handbrake pulled
Quote:
This issue is to do with the parking brakes/hand-brakes of the Elite. As one would expect I had to park the vehicle in an incline on a few occasions during the Cooorg trip. Pulled the handbrake, put the gear in neutral and then I found the car rolling backwards. I pulled the handbrake a little more (as far as it would go) and put the car in 1st gear. It was fine then, but still I was a little worried and put a stone behind the wheel. I have owned an Alto for over 5 years and have taken it to several hills but never faced a similar issue. One pull of the handbrake and the car was fine. Has anyone face similar issue?

Other than the issues mentioned above the car did fine and it was a pleasure driving it around the twisty roads in the kushalnagar-madikeri stretch.
I was also under the same impression and was too worried, but the service advisor actually showed it to me on one of the ramps of service station that we are not doing it correct. You need to pull it harder, a little more than what you would assume and is comfortable. It is uncomfortable pulling hand brakes up so much, but when you do, it works.

Also, yes the car is much fun on the hills now.I have driven the previous generation of this car also extensively at home. They have improved handling by a good margin in comparison to the previous generations.I drove in Madikeri and Wayanad and totally loved it on the hairpin bends.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 10:17   #1693
BHPian

Guys, whilst searching for visors on Amazon came across this product. Its supposed to cast a light with the Hyundai logo in the same manner that I have seen on some high end cars. Last I had seen such a projection on a Range Rover and it looked really awesome. Of course being factory fitted it was top notch.

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Ghost-.../dp/B014RB5GOW

Has any one fitted something similar on their car? Also am a bit confused how this would be fitted as the i20 doesnt have predefined slots for such a thing. Is it advisable & will it endanger warranty?

Do share your views points also.
Old 12th June 2016, 16:00   #1694
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the lever to open fuel tank. I noticed that it doesn't open up with one lift. As recently as yesterday, I had to do it thrice to unlock the fuel tank (all 3 times it was full lift to the top)

Anyone else facing this?
Old 13th June 2016, 15:12   #1695
BHPian

Has anyone experienced a screeching sound when the clutch is pressed? Something similar to a squeaky seat. I am getting this in my elite i20 off late, that too after the car has been running for a while. I hope it isn't an issue with the clutch since i am just 9K kms old.

Most Viewed