Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2016, 19:11   #1696
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Has anyone experienced a screeching sound when the clutch is pressed? Something similar to a squeaky seat. I am getting this in my elite i20 off late, that too after the car has been running for a while. I hope it isn't an issue with the clutch since i am just 9K kms old.
I have a little sound (not screeching), very very faint actually. I, however thought it would be because of the rains and should get fixed in the post monsoon service with application of grease/lubrication. Mine is more in the pedal itself. Didn't sense it should be something I should be immediately worried about, let me know if you feel otherwise. You feel its the pedal or from the engine bay ?
Old 13th June 2016, 19:26   #1697
BHPian

There is a tiktik noise on the clutch pedal while depressing or releasing, i hope greasing should fix as its time for the second servicing
Old 14th June 2016, 02:53   #1698
BHPian

Hi all,

I will be taking my Elite i20 1.4 CRDI Asta to 'Sharayu Hyundai' today for two reasons: Sorting of some minor niggles and accidental insurance claim and repair.

Issues that only HMIL can take care of:

1. Noise around RHS B-Pillar. Very irritating to the ears. It sounds like a mouse living inside. The sound aggregates to a more thicker version of it over persisting bad roads

2. Creaking noise from the Rear View Mirror module. I find some portion of it to have become loose and makes the sound appear on vast areas of undulations

3. As notified by @babhishek, even I have reported the incident of "tik-tik" noise coming from the clutch while depressing or releasing. Notice it more when getting the car out of the parking or trying to park (obviously due to calm ambience, very slow speed and focus on parking itself)

4. Friction like sound coming from the gears while slotting the reverse gear and also the fifth/sixth gear

5. Rectifying the dents this dealpership presented to me on my car's roof (4 of them)

6. Replacing my car's steering wheel's leather cover as last time they delivered the car to it was found to be torn and scratched badly

7. Suspension thuds over sharp speed breakers. Will ask them to check if they are functioning as per their standards

8. Sound from LHS rear door. Sounds like something is rolling inside door pockets but I find nothing there

9. Alignment of Wiper Nozzles in front and also of the rear

Accidental Claim:

1. Front Bumper (chewed off from left because of grinding the kerb)
2. Front RHS Fender (torn)
3- Front RHS Door (deep scratch)
4- Rear Bumper replacement (torn)
5- Front LHS Fender (scratch)
6- Rear RHS Door (deep scratch)
7- Bonnet (scratch)
8- RHS Rear Quarter Panel (scratch)

Also, I will get the pre monsoon check done.
Old 14th June 2016, 11:56   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
How big of an improvement is it over the stock bulbs ? Is it worth getting those installed ?

More importantly did you get them installed at ASC or by a local mechanic ?

The car makes a loud "tock" sound while driving. This is a random occurrence and is seen when you slow down for a breaker and then accelerate. There is a sudden jerk after the sound is heard. The car feels like it is being pushed backwards for that instant of time and is back to normal once the sound is gone. The frequency of this is also random, sometimes it's just a single tock and sometimes it manifests as a chain of tocks. Much like how a machine gun fires. It happens mostly at 2nd and 3rd gear but is not limited to those two. It's a very strange problem that the SVC has failed to pinpoint till date. They said they've just re-torqued the suspension to optimal level when asked about how the went on rectifying the problem. I'm taking trials now to see if the problem persists. Hopefully it should be solved by now.
I second this. Have you fixed this issue? In my car also the same issue is coming and now the frequency has increased a lot too.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2016 at 23:52. Reason: u > you. Strictly no SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 14th June 2016, 15:45   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
I second this. Have u fixed this issue? In my car also the same issue is coming and now the frequency has increased a lot too.
I took the car to the SVC, mentioned about the suspension bush change under warranty. They checked the car and informed me that the suspension has been re-torqued. I wasn't able to reproduce the sound during the trial run at the svc.
After service the noise has drastically reduced. The frequency shifted from 10 times a day to 10 times a month, but the sound is still there.
I didn't get time to follow up after the service but plan on taking it to the svc again.
Old 14th June 2016, 23:17   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
I took the car to the SVC, mentioned about the suspension bush change under warranty. They checked the car and informed me that the suspension has been re-torqued. I wasn't able to reproduce the sound during the trial run at the svc.
After service the noise has drastically reduced. The frequency shifted from 10 times a day to 10 times a month, but the sound is still there.
I didn't get time to follow up after the service but plan on taking it to the svc again.
It should not happen. Persist that the sound occurs and use the word "abruptly". Also show the Head Service Manager an email sent to Hyundai requesting resolution on the same attaching instances (screenshots) of various posts of other users on team bhp. Only saying because it's not supposed to happen anyways.
Old 15th June 2016, 01:05   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Guys, whilst searching for visors on Amazon came across this product. Its supposed to cast a light with the Hyundai logo in the same manner that I have seen on some high end cars...

Has any one fitted something similar on their car? Also am a bit confused how this would be fitted as the i20 doesnt have predefined slots for such a thing. Is it advisable & will it endanger warranty?

Do share your views points also.
Do search the forum for "Ghost lights". Am sure there are a bunch of cars which had this done. I don't think this is anything major. it may require tapping to the dashboard light wire to enable it to work with the door open & close.

Last edited by navin : 15th June 2016 at 16:29. Reason: correct "share" as "search"
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 04:29   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do share the forum for "Ghost lights". Am sure there are a bunch of cars which had this done. I don't think this is anything major. it may require tapping to the dashboard light wire to enable it to work with the door open & close.
Tapping it from dashboard light wire would require splicing of wires ? If yes, that would end the warranty then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Guys, whilst searching for visors on Amazon came across this product. Its supposed to cast a light with the Hyundai logo in the same manner that I have seen on some high end cars. Last I had seen such a projection on a Range Rover and it looked really awesome. Of course being factory fitted it was top notch.

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Ghost-.../dp/B014RB5GOW

Has any one fitted something similar on their car? Also am a bit confused how this would be fitted as the i20 doesnt have predefined slots for such a thing. Is it advisable & will it endanger warranty?

Do share your views points also.
Surely do agree, the running horse logo on the Mustang's puddle lamps being my favourite. Coming back to the installation itself, the european variants do have the puddle lamps below the ORVMs. Looking at our cars, there is a small placeholder kind of shape in the plastic at the same spot in cars here. My guess here is, if it is possible to source the part here with the wire harness with help of Mobis or any european seller, it should be a matter of plug and play. I had looked for it initially when the car was launched.I didn't find any seller offering it then, if you end up finding one, please let us all know. I would love to have puddle lamps installed on my car too, but would stay away from an after market fitting.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 08:21   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
adutta2k, Asta(O) has the AVN, not the Asta.
You wrote Asta(O). He wrote Asta Option variant. Same difference. No?
Old 15th June 2016, 10:44   #1705
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, what could be a realistic offer price for a 2014 Elite i20 Sportz 1.2 petrol, driven around 18k kms. Full service history available. DL registered.
Old 15th June 2016, 14:12   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the lever to open fuel tank. I noticed that it doesn't open up with one lift. As recently as yesterday, I had to do it thrice to unlock the fuel tank (all 3 times it was full lift to the top)

Anyone else facing this?
Guys, anybody with similar issue?
Old 15th June 2016, 14:40   #1707
BHPian

Hi Mudhasir,

Yes, I think I did have this issue. Petrol bunk guy asked me to open it again though i've did it already. Let me try this today once and get back to you. It's common issue may be? But I used to open/close monthly once as I do full tank always.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 17:07   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I have a problem with the lever to open fuel tank. I noticed that it doesn't open up with one lift. As recently as yesterday, I had to do it thrice to unlock the fuel tank (all 3 times it was full lift to the top)

Anyone else facing this?
Its there in i20-Active as well. Only I thought that one has to pull the fuel lid (probably the bunk guy) while the opener is being pulled up (by you).
The manual however gives the impression that you just pull up the opener and the fuel lid pops open.
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 17:15   #1709

Hi ,

What is the mileage that you generally get for an elite i20 diesel
a. within city
b. long drives

Thanks!
Old 15th June 2016, 18:06   #1710
BHPian

I get 14 in city with 100% AC and including bumper to bumper traffic.

Highway runs have given me between 18-21 depending on driving style. 100% AC here as well.

My car has done 15k kms.
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks