Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 13:01   #1741
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Not much in first service. Nothing gets changed. You should get a zero bill for this service.
My map data is old so i called up few Hyundai service centers in Delhi for 1st service and maps update but no one is ready to do a software update.

Possibly because it doesn't make any money for them - only additional
headache.
Old 6th July 2016, 08:12   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
My map data is old so i called up few Hyundai service centers in Delhi for 1st service and maps update but no one is ready to do a software update.

Possibly because it doesn't make any money for them - only additional
headache.
When I called up service center for the map update, they told me that I should wait for next service. I explained them that I had just completed the first service and have to wait for almost an year for next service. They won't budge. I shot a complaint to the hyundai (from their website) and it worked like charm. The service center guys called me and told me that someone had provided wrong information and asked me to come to service center for the update.
On reaching SC, not only did I get the map update, I also got the software update.

On a side note, if you are keen on DIY, you can download the map date yourself and can update the map + map-app. Refer this hyundai map care site where the data and instructions are available on how to do it.
But this is only for map + map-app. For software update you still need to go to service center.
Old 6th July 2016, 14:15   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
When I called..... I also got the software update.
.......you still need to go to service center.
Even Hans Hyundai at Moti Nagar refused but Samara Hyundai at Kirti Nagar were ready to update. They had G scan and updated the firmware and software for ICE.

H'ever the map data version remained same and i was told that this is the latest they have from Hyundai.

The service manager, Mr Rajesh Kumar, was nice and courteous and knew about updates - hence i didn't have to do any anxious explaining.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1807.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1810.jpg  

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 6th July 2016 at 14:17.
Old 6th July 2016, 15:29   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 Resetting of Steering Position Sensor after Alignment.

Sorry for replying late..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata
Wheel alignment and rotation should be done on a regular basis to ensure good tyre life. More importantly, it turns into a safety risk if the wheels are not aligned. Uneven tyre wear due to poor alignment can lead to tyre bursts or frequent punctures.
I agree that Wheel Alignment should be done on a regular basis to ensure good tyre life as well as fuel efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata
As far as steering calibration is concerned, since the i20 has a steering position sensor, i might need reseting after alignment as the previous values in the memory won't hold true for the new alignment. As a result it might give false warning/info for the steering position.
I want to make slight correction here-
The Elite i20 has Steering Angle Sensor and not wheel/tyre angle sensor.
The Steering Angle Sensor detects change in Steering Position and not wheel/tyre position.
So if I am not wrong there should not be any need to reset the Steering Angle Sensor if the alignment is carried out keeping the Steering Wheel Straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight
You mean to say you haven't got the calibration done post alignment or you haven't done alignment at all for 43,000+ kms? If its the latter then I'm surprised and shocked.
I have not done alignment at all for 43000+ er.. now 44000+ kms.
Old 6th July 2016, 18:31   #1745
BHPian

Hi all,
I am facing a unique issue with my i20 (this is the older model from 2011) : my music system (factory built) works fine when it is powered on and all the buttons in the console also function properly. But the moment I use my steering controls to manage anything, the buttons in my console stop responding. To fix this, I just have to do a power reset and it works fine again (till I press any steering control button).
I have fiddled around with the fuse box and did a battery reset, but that has not solved the problem.
Any ideas ?
Old 7th July 2016, 06:32   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Even Hans Hyundai at Moti Nagar refused but Samara Hyundai at Kirti Nagar were ready to update. They had G scan and updated the firmware and software for ICE.
Can you please let me know if there is any difference in performance after this update?

Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 10:19   #1747

Hello everyone!

I have tried to see if anyone has got the Roof blackening done for the Pristine Blue Elite i20 and I could not find any references in this forum. I did come across one for a Red Elite. Anyways, after spending a decent amount of time thinking about it, I went ahead with it anyway, and I personally believe it looks great! I went with Matte Black and the finish is extraordinary. I've got it done from a local dealer and it was a day's job. I've gotten the mirrors and the C pillar covered as well - (Mine was the batch of Elites that came with a glossy C pillar instead which I do not admire). I have attached a reference image, just in case anyone else like me comes looking.

Not a lot of mods but I have gotten the horn and the Headlamps replaced - (the stock ones are just weak). Got the P8 HID's 6000k for both the headlamps as well as the fogs. They are totally worth the price I have gotten them for. The highbeam is pretty bad, but again so is the case with almost all HIDs.

It is a Pristine Blue Elite i20 Asta(O) VTVT. Got it delivered back in November 2015 and currently has 10,100km on the ODO. And it does not come with the Projectors and DRL's that the current Asta(O) comes with. I do have one question for the experts here. I do know that the Asta and Asta(O) have a different ECU, given the difference in the Head unit. But is my Asta(O)'s ECU different from the one in the current Asta(O)? Asking it to look at the possibilities and price tags to get the Projectors and DRL's from the factory! Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards!
saketheerdha

Also, I have been looking around for the K&N Air filter for my ride. But there's no luck. Has anyone here got their Elite VTVT fitted with a K&N? If so, is there a reference number for the part?

Regards!
saketheerdha
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_8182.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th July 2016 at 09:52. Reason: one logical post | edited post to remove quoted text
saketheerdha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 10:58   #1748
BHPian

Y did u do that at the fuel cap man? It looks odd. Btb the 6000k lights really suit the blue shade. Have anyone seen any good spoilers for the elite
Old 7th July 2016, 12:08   #1749
BHPian

Adding K&N filter will void the warranty? Please confirm. I might be going the same way if there's no issues.
Old 7th July 2016, 12:41   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketheerdha View Post
Hello everyone!

Not a lot of mods but I have gotten the horn and the Headlamps replaced - (the stock ones are just weak). Got the P8 HID's 6000k for both the headlamps as well as the fogs. They are totally worth the price I have gotten them for. The highbeam is pretty bad, but again so is the case with almost all HIDs.
The current reflector based halogen headlamp should not be used with HID's. It leads to excessive glare for oncoming traffic. You need to install HID projectors as well.

Also don't bother with the stock halogen projector headlights from Hyundai, the output is pathetic.
harsh79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 14:24   #1751
BHPian

I do not think K&N air filter voids warranty, I have had them on my car ever since I bough the car, and HASS never raised any concerns about it. You do have to ensure that you put that sticker on the air filter container in the hood warning anybody to not replace it (which they otherwise usually do in every service). The part number is K&N AIR FILTER 33-2960 for my i20 (2011 model).
prateekvidya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 09:43   #1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The current reflector based halogen headlamp should not be used with HID's. It leads to excessive glare for oncoming traffic. You need to install HID projectors as well.

Also don't bother with the stock halogen projector headlights from Hyundai, the output is pathetic.
Harsh79,

Yes, I take your point! Do you have any suggestions about projectors and DRLs that I can now get, and make them work with the HID's and Ballasts that I already have in place? Or am I looking at a new set up all together?

My idea is (apologies if it is dumb or ridiculous) to get the stock projector housing and the DRLs that come with the outgoing Asta(O) (to be safe with the warranty and all that) and use my P8 HIDs with them to make it a complete package. Is that a possibility?

Regards,
saketheerdha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Adding K&N filter will void the warranty? Please confirm. I might be going the same way if there's no issues.
Jebs,

I personally do not believe K&N voids any warranty. And I was finally able to get the "correct one for Elite" apparently. The Reference number is 33-2949 and the dealer said it is the same for both VTVT and CRDi engines. I've had one of my friends collect them for me and so it is going to be a while before I get it fitted on my Elite. The earliest I am looking at is the coming Monday the 11th. I will keep you updated if it fits right.

Regards,
saketheerdha.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th July 2016 at 09:51. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi quote feature when replying to multiple posts
saketheerdha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:57   #1753
BHPian

This is a great news man! Please let me know the experience once fitted. Mine is petrol and I'm really wants to have some additional power(or an experience) which K&N filter will provide. Please share the sourcing details as well. As per amazon site, K&N filter models differs from old i20 with new one.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:38   #1754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
This is a great news man! Please let me know the experience once fitted. Mine is petrol and I'm really wants to have some additional power(or an experience) which K&N filter will provide. Please share the sourcing details as well. As per amazon site, K&N filter models differs from old i20 with new one.
Jebs,

Sure man! Mine is a petrol as well and I know what you're feeling . And yes, the one on Amazon is for previous gen i20 and that does not fit the Elite. I have found this online store selling it (https://www.carpowergrid.com/k-n-33-...dai-elite-i20/) but I was skeptical since it did not have any reviews. I have contacted a store called Stunnerz in Hyderabad and he got it overnight from Bangalore. It is exactly the one that I have seen in the link above. The website priced it at 6,700/- but this guy gave it for 5990/-.

Cheers,
saketheerdha
saketheerdha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 12:08   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketheerdha View Post
Harsh79,

Yes, I take your point! Do you have any suggestions about projectors and DRLs that I can now get, and make them work with the HID's and Ballasts that I already have in place? Or am I looking at a new set up all together?

My idea is (apologies if it is dumb or ridiculous) to get the stock projector housing and the DRLs that come with the outgoing Asta(O) (to be safe with the warranty and all that) and use my P8 HIDs with them to make it a complete package. Is that a possibility?

Regards,
saketheerdha
The stock projectors are for halogens, which will also lead to glare, hot spots, dark spots if used with HID's.

With the current headlight and with the one in the Asta O, for both scenarios, you need to get the lights opened and install HID specific projectors like Mini H1, D2S, FXR.

I got the Mini H1 6.0 installed in the Active's headlights, similar to the Asta O. For more, check my post here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3960454

Dr. Naren has recently installed Mini H1 7.0 in a reflector based setup, the following link should provide all the information required -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4008620

Hope this clears up things.

Last edited by harsh79 : 8th July 2016 at 12:13.
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks