Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 17:29   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk007 View Post
Dear Folks,
Am going to get delivery of my new ELITE i20 ASTA(petrol) this evening. Shall try and post some pics later in the day.

The Mumbai dealer has quoted ~Rs. 4500 (approx.) for 3rd year extended warranty, stating the car comes with 2 years company warranty enclosed. This 3rd year warranty is from their (Dealer) side. Should I consider buying it? And secondly, how does this stack-up against company warranty?

Can other Elite i20 owners let me know if they have opted for any such extra-buys.

Thanks in advance.
@pk007 I have not opted for the 3rd year warranty. I personally need to know the dealer well and how they keep their promise for the first couple of years. If they do good job, may be consider extending the warranty end of the 2nd year.

Does it sound good?
Old 16th September 2014, 17:41   #167
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
@pk007 I have not opted for the 3rd year warranty. I personally need to know the dealer well and how they keep their promise for the first couple of years. If they do good job, may be consider extending the warranty end of the 2nd year.

Does it sound good?
It is better to go for the company extended warranty, which comes from Hyundai and should be honored at any dealer. And for an expensive car it as always advisable to go for the maximum extended warranty possible. Think of it less as a service cover but rather an insurance package to protect against something expensive like engine/turbo etc failing.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:16   #168
BHPian

So, we brought home on Friday night an Asta crdi variant in Star Dust colour.

Currently the ODO stands at ~900km. Feels like a good package so far, though its too early to comment.

(phone cam pics)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_2403tbhpred.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_2399tbhpred.jpg  

Last edited by vinjosep : 16th September 2014 at 20:17.
vinjosep is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 23:58   #169

Quote:

Does it sound good?

I think Hyundai has started the 3rd year warranty from the company side. My dealer gave me an option to choose the 3rd year warranty. I confirmed that it was from Hyundai and not from the dealer, so I happily opted for it.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:37   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey folks, slightly I guess:

From all the discussions on this thread. I am assuming that we have at least 3 new Hyundai Elite I20 Owners and not a single ownership report yet on Team BHP.

Common 'Elite Owners', post the ownership thread ASAP.
I'm working on it and will post the ownership review shortly. Sorry for the delay as things are very busy during weekdays
Old 17th September 2014, 10:40   #171
BHPian

I came across a strange issue which looks very dangerous. The objects in the ORVMs appear farther away (but indeed very close) when compared to objects when viewed from the rear view mirror. I'm quite confused about this difference between the two views and totally lost deciding which one to follow while overtaking vehicles.

I experienced this issue when i did my freeway ride for 350kms on sunday between Chennai-Villupuram and way back home.

Has anyone come across this?
Old 17th September 2014, 10:41   #172
BHPian

Quote:

Does it sound good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven77 View Post
I think Hyundai has started the 3rd year warranty from the company side. My dealer gave me an option to choose the 3rd year warranty. I confirmed that it was from Hyundai and not from the dealer, so I happily opted for it.
Here in Bangalore the dealer had mentioned ~9K for the 3rd, 4th & 5th year company warranty. I have requested for the details before opting, yet to receive the same. Considering its from the company, I would go for it provided the kilometer cap fits my requirement.
Old 17th September 2014, 14:01   #173
BHPian

Quote:
I came across a strange issue which looks very dangerous. The objects in the ORVMs appear farther away (but indeed very close) when compared to objects when viewed from the rear view mirror.
It is because of the convexity of the ORVMs. The convexity gives a larger field of view to the driver, but makes objects appear smaller and hence farther. The field of view while looking at IRVMs are limited by the size of rear windshield. There is no point in putting a convex mirror to enhance the field of view. I think most of the present day cars have convex ORVMs.
Edwardanto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 17:33   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardanto View Post
It is because of the convexity of the ORVMs. The convexity gives a larger field of view to the driver, but makes objects appear smaller and hence farther. The field of view while looking at IRVMs are limited by the size of rear windshield. There is no point in putting a convex mirror to enhance the field of view. I think most of the present day cars have convex ORVMs.
@Edwardanto
Thanks for clarifying. Will slowly get used to this
Old 17th September 2014, 18:52   #175
BHPian

I find the front mud flaps to be too small. The front doors' lower sides get muddy easily.

Have ordered cut to fit mats from ebay, let's see how it goes!
Old 17th September 2014, 22:17   #176
BHPian

Great Review by Team BHP and congrats to all the Elite i20 owners on this forum. I have booked the Asta CRDI White and am waiting for the delivery which will happen in a week or two

Have any of the owners explored the audio system modification options available ? Will I be able to add an amplifier and a sub woofer to the existing audio system that comes with the Asta model ?
Old 18th September 2014, 00:34   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlueBiker View Post
Excellent Review S2. Also, an unbiased one ; this coming from a Hyundai owner myself. i20 is churning out to be a cashcow, now that Hyundai is charging more premium by excluding features like rear disc brakes, 6 airbags, etc.

Also, my Igen i20 crdi came with a single keyfob. Is it still the same story with the Elite i20? Just wish Hyundai provided these features which could justify the price premium paid by customer.
Are you sure that you had received a single key fob? I had bought the igen i20 in April this year and I was provided with 2 key fobs!
Old 18th September 2014, 10:28   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vara View Post
Are you sure that you had received a single key fob? I had bought the igen i20 in April this year and I was provided with 2 key fobs!
Elite Asta comes with 2 smart keys. Was told that a duplicate could be made for 4K (I dont believe this)

Last edited by vinjosep : 18th September 2014 at 10:29.
Old 18th September 2014, 12:13   #179
BHPian

Today morning, when I move close to the car with key fob in my pocket, the wing mirrors didn't respond automatically (they should open automatically). With little disappointment, I opened the door by pressing the door button (now wing mirrors responded) and entered into car. When I start the car, the audio system is not up!!!!. Tried again after off and on the car. Nothing lights up in ICE. All others are functioning including A/C. Decided to go to service station immediately on the way to office and shown it to HMP, Alandur service center. By understanding my hurry to office and with this one week old car, they came up and checked it immediately. There is a loose connection in the socket (inside the panel below the steering wheel) which is rectified. It made me a relieaf of thank god no big issue to spend my extra time. Within 5 minutes, I came out of service station. Now I need to check the auto wing mirror opening when nearing the car which I forgot !!!
Old 18th September 2014, 19:04   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Today morning, when I move close to the car with key fob in my pocket, the wing mirrors didn't respond automatically (they should open automatically). With little disappointment, I opened the door by pressing the door button (now wing mirrors responded) and entered into car. When I start the car, the audio system is not up!!!!. Tried again after off and on the car. Nothing lights up in ICE. All others are functioning including A/C.
I had the earlier generation i20 CRDi Asto(O) with the sun roof and six airbags. (Sold it couple of years ago)

This problem used to happen quite often in later stages of the car and I used to know which item in fuse box I need to remove and place it again to fix the issue. (The music system was the one which had the issue the most) - If I am right, nothing works and it doesn't even light up.

Surprised to see that this issue still exists - A piece of advice : Please figure out the location of box and which element goes where. It will come useful. (It is pretty easy to do, just that it is scary initially)

I did raise this issue few times with the service guys, but it never helped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks