Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 20:07   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Today morning, when I move close to the car with key fob in my pocket, the wing mirrors didn't respond automatically (they should open automatically). With little disappointment, I opened the door by pressing the door button (now wing mirrors responded) and entered into car.
If you last closed the mirrors manually (using the fold button on door panel) the chances are that mirrors won't unfold when you next move close to your car.

Though I am not sure, but I noticed this when I parked my car in a tight spot, I manually closed the mirrors and while parking the car, but I was worried that while returning the mirror would open automatically and touch the other car, but that didn't happened.
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 05:52   #182
BHPian

Got my GENOUS PU seat covers done at Jeewajee Car Decors, Chennai last evening. Job well done by the team and special appreciation to Mr.Muhammed who personally got this done under his direct supervision. I highly recommend this place for getting your car seats done with perfection.

Appreciate your comments
Attached Images

ssengo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:31   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
A piece of advice : Please figure out the location of box and which element goes where. It will come useful. (It is pretty easy to do, just that it is scary initially)
Thank you. I though of the same as the inner side of the fuse box lid is having the diagram to help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
If you last closed the mirrors manually (using the fold button on door panel) the chances are that mirrors won't unfold when you next move close to your car.

Though I am not sure, but I noticed this when I parked my car in a tight spot, I manually closed the mirrors and while parking the car, but I was worried that while returning the mirror would open automatically and touch the other car, but that didn't happened.
Will check the same today to ensure it. Yes it is very helpful during tight parking if it is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Got my GENOUS PU seat covers done at Jeewajee Car Decors, Chennai last evening...
Appreciate your comments
Excellent . Colour suits well with the interior. I too have to do the similar one after going here this weekend. Please quote the break-up of cost your paid. Also PM me your contact detail so that I will discuss and get more detail. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:31   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Thank you. I though of the same as the inner side of the fuse box lid is having the diagram to help us.

Will check the same today to ensure it. Yes it is very helpful during tight parking if it is the case.

Excellent . Colour suits well with the interior. I too have to do the similar one after going here this weekend. Please quote the break-up of cost your paid. Also PM me your contact detail so that I will discuss and get more detail. Thanks in advance.
Thanks, Here is the breakup.

GENOUS PU Seat covers - 13,600 (12k+1600 labour charges)
Sparco FM Antenna - 650

I shall PM you my contact number and let me know if you need help.
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 16:03   #185
BHPian

Even I got the seat covers done on my car, these are made of genuine leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1512.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1513.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1514.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1515.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1516.jpg  

Bubby is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 17:30   #186
BHPian

@ssengo: looks very neat and how long do these seats take to cool down, after starting AC, after being parked in sun?

And were there any other color choices, apart from this?

@bubby: looks good, please post price breakup!

@everyone: Is there any way to extend the armrest? I need it to be at least 10-15 Cm longer :-(

Last edited by Raghav_K : 19th September 2014 at 17:32.
Old 19th September 2014, 17:50   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vara View Post
Are you sure that you had received a single key fob? I had bought the igen i20 in April this year and I was provided with 2 key fobs!
That's right, the car came with one flip key and one valet key(non flip type). I double checked with the showroom manager and even he said that for igen CRDi it's a single flipkey from the company. Mine is a CRDi sportz bought in July 2012. Maybe, now they are providing 2 flipkeys.
Old 19th September 2014, 20:24   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Even I got the seat covers done on my car, these are made of genuine leather.
These look awesome. Can you tell us where you got them done and what the cost was ?
Old 21st September 2014, 11:40   #189
BHPian

Guys I'm in the process of installing a car dvr, and I ran the wire behind the A pillar plastic, and I saw something white there. I hope there won't be any airbags behind the A pillar. I wouldn't want the wire to interfere with its functionality.

Can anyone clarify?
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:08   #190

I have noticed that the key less entry does not work occasionally when I go near the car with smart key in my pocket. The strange thing is that the rear view mirrors open consistently, but unlocking of the car on pressing the black button on the door handle works ~ 7 out of 10 times. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:53   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp77 View Post
I have noticed that the key less entry does not work occasionally when I go near the car with smart key in my pocket. The strange thing is that the rear view mirrors open consistently, but unlocking of the car on pressing the black button on the door handle works ~ 7 out of 10 times. Anyone else have this problem?
Even i faced this issue and just sorted out. ORVMs should not be closed manually by pressing the "Auto" mode once you're in the car. Once you come out and lock the doors using smart key, the mirrors close automatically and thereafter you see the ORVMs open and close when you're near the door sensor Try this and let me know.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:09   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Even i faced this issue and just sorted out. ORVMs should not be closed manually by pressing the "Auto" mode once you're in the car. Once you come out and lock the doors using smart key, the mirrors close automatically and thereafter you see the ORVMs open and close when you're near the door sensor Try this and let me know.
My problem is not with the ORVMs opening. They open just fine when approaching the car. The problem is with the driver side door not responding to the press of the black button and unlocking the car. As I mentioned in my post, this works mostly, but not always (especially when trying to show off the feature to someone )
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:53   #193
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp77 View Post
The problem is with the driver side door not responding to the press of the black button and unlocking the car. As I mentioned in my post, this works mostly, but not always (especially when trying to show off the feature to someone)
I have faced this issue a couple of times as well on our i-gen i20, and I had to come to the conclusion (can't think of any another explanation) that it has got to do with the distance of the key fob from the detecting antenna. Its range is supposed to be quite less for security purposes, and even if the key fob is in one's pocket, bag etc., it needs to be within the short range of the detecting antenna for the car to unlock.

Another thing is, there is a small delay (must be a second or so) between pressing the black request sensor button, and the car detecting the key fob. So if one presses the button and makes a movement such that the key fob goes out of the short range within this period, then the car won't unlock.

Please check if the issue occurs when the key fob is quite close to the car (and stays close) during the process of unlocking. If it does, you may have to ask the Hyundai guys to take a look at it. If it doesn't, then everything is working fine.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd September 2014 at 12:55.
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:55   #194

Here is an update on the mileage of my diesel Asta. I am getting ~ 17 KM/liter in Bangalore traffic with AC on at all times in Auto mode. I commute to office through moderate to heavy traffic conditions. Surprisingly, the only long trip of about 400 KMs also returned similar figure. However, the trip included passing through some narrow village roads and also involved a mega traffic jam on the highway, which would have impacted the figure. Total distance driven: 1030 KM.
scorp77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:56   #195
BHPian

I have not had this issue with door unlocking. However once when I tried to start the car, it displayed no key inside error, when the key was in my pocket. Took out the key and pressed ignition, and the car started. I guess this may be due to surrounding signals interfering with the key fob signals. The manual also mentions to keep the key away from mobile phones, to avoid problems.

And I get around 16.5+ with city driving, with AC @ 24 deg. However, this time I filled shell diesel and the fuel seems to empty faster, I'm at 478 km from full tank and I'm nearing the 1/4 th capacity mark. Will update when I refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Guys I'm in the process of installing a car dvr, and I ran the wire behind the A pillar plastic, and I saw something white there. I hope there won't be any airbags behind the A pillar. I wouldn't want the wire to interfere with its functionality.

Can anyone clarify?
Anybody??
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed