Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:04   #1951
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Rahul,

I do not have any Hyundai car. So, maybe I am not qualified to comment. However, I do not think there is any real car in India which will go into top gear at 30 kmph. So, it cannot be optimum speed!

Maybe someone can go through the manual and comment.
Thanks, but that was just my guess. I understand that none of the cars can go into top gear at 30 kmph but there's a range of 30-50 kmph that I was referring to. Some google search results also state that those markings are also meant to indicate the speed limit applicable in European countries.

Regards,
Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:50   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Thanks, but that was just my guess. I understand that none of the cars can go into top gear at 30 kmph but there's a range of 30-50 kmph that I was referring to. Some google search results also state that those markings are also meant to indicate the speed limit applicable in European countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I do not have any Hyundai car. So, maybe I am not qualified to comment. However, I do not think there is any real car in India which will go into top gear at 30 kmph. So, it cannot be optimum speed!
I also looked up on the internet for a bit; This seems to be only on European spec cars (not even Americans), not very significantly applied to Indian scene, however good to use. One more marking at 130kmph is usually present. These indicate common speed restriction, 30 for small roads, 50 for city roads and 130 for Highways/Autobahns. The red color is more of a visual aid while driving and may be more useful when you do not have a digital speedo in the instrument cluster (How I dread not having this in instrument cluster - while driving rentals in the US where the speed limits are more strictly enforced, end up using cruise controls more for the highway).

I checked Baleno/Swift and other car speedos - they miss this. Since this car is designed in Germany and is also a big seller there - this feature makes it to the speedo.

The first thought that had come to mind was the fuel efficiency thing among others and hence the question. Thanks folks
Rahul_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 08:18   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoholic31
Also, I have been slotting fifth gear instead of reverse hundred percent of the times .
Do you mean to say "Slotting SIXTH Gear instead of Reverse"?

Congratulations on your Extremely Beautiful Looking Black Elite i20.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:50   #1954
BHPian

Guys, what is the wiper size of the Elite i20? Need to buy replacement blades.
Old 4th November 2016, 10:17   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Guys, what is the wiper size of the Elite i20? Need to buy replacement blades.
I guess it's 24" & 16". This was for the Old Model, new one should be the same I guess.
Are you looking for Frameless ones ?
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 16:07   #1956
BHPian

I have started facing a weird problem since last 2 days. Every morning when I depress the brake pedal for the first time I get a grinding kind of noise. Its quite scary and out of reflex action I just move my foot from the brake. When I press it again, there is no noise whatsoever. The brakes also seem to be working adequate.
I am pretty sure this is not the ABS kicking in as I have experienced that noise and this one is quite different.
Has any one faced the same issue? Do I get the brake pads checked for wear & tear? The car has run just 11K km so I doubt if the pads can go so fast but then I am bit paranoid when it comes to brakes.
Old 5th November 2016, 18:38   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
I guess it's 24" & 16". This was for the Old Model, new one should be the same I guess.
Are you looking for Frameless ones ?
No. Regular replacement ones. The original ones are streaking now and i want to replace.
Old 5th November 2016, 19:46   #1958
BHPian

Got to take the Elite for a spin outside town. It was a smooth ride. 112 kms in 2.5 hours with a 20 min rest and another fuel break in between. Handling was great. The only expected negatives were the sluggish speed up after slowing down completely. 0-60 took 13 seconds to be accomplished. Overall, felt that the Elite is a fantastic straight line performer and smooth glider over the curves.
Old 5th November 2016, 19:52   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Overall, felt that the Elite is a fantastic straight line performer and smooth glider over the curves.
May I know what Tyre Pressure are you maintaining ?

I find the Ride on our i20 to be too hard, Pressure is 32 all around & tyres are Bridgestone. Everything can be felt inside cabin. Is the suspension culprit here ?

I don't think the low profile tyres are to be blamed here since you too have same size wheels.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 21:35   #1960
BHPian

Quote:

I find the Ride on our i20 to be too hard, Pressure is 32 all around & tyres are Bridgestone. Everything can be felt inside cabin. Is the suspension culprit here ?

I don't think the low profile tyres are to be blamed here since you too have same size wheels.
Hey,

The ride is really harsh with elite i20. When you are slow, the whole car will try to be parallel with the angle of displacement created by the pothole and similarly, when you are fast, the car will bounce like a ball than glide over them.

You can keep tyre pressure as 30 psi but that didn't help me.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 21:44   #1961
BHPian

Quote:

Same 32, and stock Bridgestone. Yeah i get all the bumps in the cabin too. The large wheels and low tyre walls are to blame. Got two really bad thunks at one time like the tyre hitting the inside somewhere. Maybe the suspension bushes. No response from the ASC or Hyundai on my questions to them.
anoop_gkris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 10:40   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Same 32, and stock Bridgestone. Yeah i get all the bumps in the cabin too. The large wheels and low tyre walls are to blame. Got two really bad thunks at one time like the tyre hitting the inside somewhere. Maybe the suspension bushes. No response from the ASC or Hyundai on my questions to them.
My car is running on Goodyear Assurance tyres. While I have some concerns about the tyres, ride quality is not one of them. The car handles the bumpy roads and expansion joints on Bangalore roads beautifully!

Could a harder side wall on the Bridgestone tyres be to blame?
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 14:08   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
My car is running on Goodyear Assurance tyres. While I have some concerns about the tyres, ride quality is not one of them. The car handles the bumpy roads and expansion joints on Bangalore roads beautifully!

Could a harder side wall on the Bridgestone tyres be to blame?
Will get a chance to check this after some years. Might try to check with someone else who has a different brand. The hard hit sounds are when it runs over any sharp feature on the road at speeds above 15-20kmph. Otherwise the ride quality is good . One more thing, do you get the low hum when running on concrete roads. Again this could be a tyre tread feature.
Old 6th November 2016, 14:25   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Will get a chance to check this after some years. Might try to check with someone else who has a different brand. The hard hit sounds are when it runs over any sharp feature on the road at speeds above 15-20kmph. Otherwise the ride quality is good . One more thing, do you get the low hum when running on concrete roads. Again this could be a tyre tread feature.
Haven't had a chance to drive on concrete roads in the i20, but from experience in other cars, concrete roads makes for a noisy ride!
Old 7th November 2016, 15:12   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
No. Regular replacement ones. The original ones are streaking now and i want to replace.
I went and measured the wipers.

Front : 24" + 16"

Rear : 12" Although the rear comes with a plastic cladding, which i could not remove so am assuming that either it comes as a complete kit (plastic cladding included) or just the rubber strip is slid off and replaced. Will get that replaced on the next ASS visit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks