Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:38   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
I..

Anybody??
There are no airbags in the A-pillar. There are just two - one on the steering wheel and the other above the glove box.

But would suggest caution while handling the electricals. Disconnecting the battery is suggested while playing around with the electricals since you never know what might trigger the airbag (after all it's elcetrically actuated.).

Btw which dvr?

Last edited by vinjosep : 23rd September 2014 at 19:58.
Old 24th September 2014, 09:22   #197
BHPian

Quote:
I have not had this issue with door unlocking. However once when I tried to start the car, it displayed no key inside error, when the key was in my pocket. Took out the key and pressed ignition, and the car started. I guess this may be due to surrounding signals interfering with the key fob signals. The manual also mentions to keep the key away from mobile phones, to avoid problems.

And I get around 16.5+ with city driving, with AC @ 24 deg. However, this time I filled shell diesel and the fuel seems to empty faster, I'm at 478 km from full tank and I'm nearing the 1/4 th capacity mark. Will update when I refill.

Anybody??
I get around 14+ in city driving @24 deg and haven't checked it in the highway yet. I'm planning for a trip to alleppey next week for the long weekend and i'll get to know the mileage on the freeway

Quote:
@ssengo: looks very neat and how long do these seats take to cool down, after starting AC, after being parked in sun?

And were there any other color choices, apart from this?

@bubby: looks good, please post price breakup!

@everyone: Is there any way to extend the armrest? I need it to be at least 10-15 Cm longer :-(
Driving at 22 deg AC will cool down the seats not more than 10-15 mins after being parked in the sun.

Muhammed did show other color choices, but i preferred something which looks decent and match with the car interior.

Does anyone have idea about how long can i drive with fuel meter showing 1 point. This is just to be cautious due to lack of Distance to Empty indicator in Elite i20. Hyundai should have provided this very important feature which is basic in modern cars now :(

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th September 2014 at 16:37. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:28   #198
Team-BHP Support

ssengo - How many points are there for the fuel gauge? Suppose, there are 5 & the tank capacity is 50 liters, would mean, one point for every 10 liters. You can calculate it that way.
Tank capacity divided by the number of points.

I must say, the new i20 looks absolutely gorgeous. Appears better than all hatches.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th September 2014 at 11:42.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:12   #199

Quote:
I have not had this issue with door unlocking. However once when I tried to start the car, it displayed no key inside error, when the key was in my pocket. Took out the key and pressed ignition, and the car started. I guess this may be due to surrounding signals interfering with the key fob signals. The manual also mentions to keep the key away from mobile phones, to avoid problems.

And I get around 16.5+ with city driving, with AC @ 24 deg. However, this time I filled shell diesel and the fuel seems to empty faster, I'm at 478 km from full tank and I'm nearing the 1/4 th capacity mark. Will update when I refill.

Anybody??
I think interference may have been the cause for the black button not responding. I tend to hold my cell phone when approaching the car and that may have been the problem. I tried unlocking it few times since yesterday, without the cell in the vicinity, and it worked all the time
scorp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 16:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Does anyone have idea about how long can i drive with fuel meter showing 1 point. This is just to be cautious due to lack of Distance to Empty indicator in Elite i20. Hyundai should have provided this very important feature which is basic in modern cars now :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
ssengo - How many points are there for the fuel gauge?
@ssengo: I would peg it at 50kms (pessimistic figure) considering your 14km average.

@Sheel: The tank capacity is 45 litres for the diesel variant with 12 bars for a full tank. So ~3.75 litres per bar. I have been trying to verify this in my T2T refills so far (two of 'em). Sort of close so far, I would say.
Old 24th September 2014, 17:43   #201

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
ssengo - How many points are there for the fuel gauge? Suppose, there are 5 & the tank capacity is 50 liters, would mean, one point for every 10 liters. You can calculate it that way.
Tank capacity divided by the number of points.

I must say, the new i20 looks absolutely gorgeous. Appears better than all hatches.
__________________________________________________ _________
Hi,
I believe modern day car gauges are NOT linearly calibrated. i.e. they do not show up as a standard scale, with each point equidistant from the other in terms of fuel-capacity. This is possibly because the car would hold some amount of 'reserve fuel' should you require the need on that 'odd day' when you run out of Luck.

Typically, for similarly 'sized/distanced' points on the fuel-meter (be it electronic or manual gauge), the (remainder) amount of fuel in the tank would be greater if the needle were towards Empty(E), as compared to any other position of the needle on the gauge (between E and Full). Hope my articulation does not create further confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Adding to what Vikram has already stated, before buying this "dealer" warranty, you would also want to go thru all the fine print to understand what is covered and what is not. At 4500/- for an extra year of coverage, you would want to ensure the major components are covered which were by default covered in the 2 year company warranty.
__________________________________________________ ________
I stand corrected-you were right about warranty being provided by HYUNDAI MOTOR INDIA LTD (HMIL). The 3rd year warranty is from HMIL and not from the Dealer. I guess I mis-heard them over phone.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th September 2014 at 17:58. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 24th September 2014, 18:43   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Does anyone have idea about how long can i drive with fuel meter showing 1 point. This is just to be cautious due to lack of Distance to Empty indicator in Elite i20.
I believe you will have a low fuel indicator lamp that comes on at approximately 5-7 L of fuel. Although it is not recommended to be pushing your luck running on a single bar/point of fuel on the gauge, you can rest assured that your next alert is the fuel lamp turning on.

You can drive around a bit on 1 bar/point; however, if the low fuel warning lamp comes on, then the only place you must drive to is the nearest fuel station. Don't dally at that stage.

The reason for this caution is that although the fuel level might appear to be adequate, the attitude of your vehicle can result in fuel dropping even lower momentarily - such as on a ramp/slope; or during hard cornering.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:03   #203
BHPian

The tank capacity is 45 liters, and as someone said rightly, the bars are not equally calibrated, the indicator says tank full till I drive for 150-200km, then I lose one bar.

In my experience the last bar comes up when 35-37 liters of fuel is used up. I have filled my tank when only the last bar is remaining and I drive for 5-10km to petrol bunk and fillup (and I get the fuel low light, at this stage). The tank gets filled after putting 37 liters of fuel. So the reserve should be about 8 liters. Calculate the reserve distance according to your mileage.

And the Car Dvr I installed was GS 8000L bought from aliexpress for 25usd.

Last edited by Raghav_K : 24th September 2014 at 19:05.
Old 27th September 2014, 12:09   #204
BHPian

Quote:
My car has been called in for a checkup.. Will update what happens at Chennai Hyundai Motor Plaza.. Planning to go today noon
So just now left the car. They said they are going to change performance settings, and nothing more revealed. Not sure they would allow me to see it in person.

They either change or tune some settings/ECU. The receptionist labelled it as performance setting change, while the service advisor said it's a general electrical checkup, and one more guy said it's a tuneup. I was not allowed to be with the car, and the checkup was not even done in the service area which can be seen from the waiting room. (Wonder what's the secrecy!)

Post the checkup, the engine revs more easily - more noticeable in lower gears, and the key fob I left at home will be useless until I get it back to HSC and get the key codes reset. I went straight from work, after night duty so couldn't get the other key. (They said it will be a 5 minute job)

The estimated time was 2 hours, and I got the car back in 1.20 hours.

Please call up your respective dealers and enquire. This could be clubbed with your first free service, if you haven't done it already.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2014 at 18:51. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 27th September 2014, 19:30   #205
BHPian

I too received similar call from DSC and it took close to an hour. I was informed that they did some ECM tune up and nothing more. After this tune up, found nothing changed and behaved as before.

I'm quite surprised why did it take so long in your case.
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 20:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the triple post, as the editing timelines have been crossed.

So I'm basically confirming what the previous member had mentioned.

They either change or tune some settings/ECU. The receptionist labelled it as performance setting change, while the service advisor said it's a general electrical checkup, and one more guy said it's a tuneup. I was not allowed to be with the car, and the checkup was not even done in the service area which can be seen from the waiting room. (Wonder what's the secrecy!)

Post the checkup, the engine revs more easily - more noticeable in lower gears, and the key fob I left at home will be useless until I get it back to HSC and get the key codes reset. I went straight from work, after night duty so couldn't get the other key. (They said it will be a 5 minute job)

The estimated time was 2 hours, and I got the car back in 1.20 hours.

Please call up your respective dealers and enquire. This could be clubbed with your first free service, if you haven't done it already.
Thanks for the update. I haven't got a call yet. Since I'm going in for the first service in the next 4 days, might not even get a call.

I was told at the time of the delivery that the first service would take a whole day, hmmm...
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 02:13   #207

Hi All,

My first post on Team BHP

I am all set to receive my Magna Petrol after much deliberation (Petrol vs Diesel). I have a couple of questions as elite is fairly new -

1- Petrol mileage - if anyone got to a consistent number.
2- Planning to do an oil change at 1000km as suggested by Team BHP (How to run in a new car). Did someone try this on Elite i20 yet?
3- Thinking of going for the Reverse camera and sensors as the rear Windshield is relatively small IMO. Any ideas about the cost. I was thinking of getting one from the dealer itself. Hope they provide the one available in Sportz and Asta.

Thanks
Aashish
Aashish Goel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:25   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

The European model has been released in the Paris Motor Show. The following are the improvements from the Asian model :

- 6 Airbags in most variants
- 1.2/1.4 petrol & 1.1/1.4 diesel
- Segment leading wheelbase & storage (326 litres)
- Lane departure warning - highest variant
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electronic stability control + EBD + TPMS
- Soft touch olefin plastic in parts of the dashboard
- LED lit rear lamps + LED daytime lamps
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Shark fin antenna
- i20N coming with 1.4 turbo

The drivability though should be similar to the Indian spec as I see the same setup of EPS & McPherson front and torsion beam rear. Improved, but far from being a driver's car. I really don't see the point of an "N" version. Entry hot hatches are defined by Mini & BMW 1 Series, period. Other Euro brands are nowhere close either in terms of steering feedback or precision. Power, yes.

Last edited by dark.knight : 3rd October 2014 at 13:45.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:32   #209
BHPian

So we brought home a White Asta CRDi on 26th of the last month.

First of all, a BIG shout out to the whole Team Bhp community for creating and maintaining comprehensive quality content on varied topics.

The car was booked on 29th Aug and arrived at the dealership on 25th Sep. Asta had 1 month waiting period, Sportz (O) had 1 week!

Why Asta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
  • Rear wiper
  • 60:40 split rear seat
  • Front passenger airbag
  • Adjustable head restraints for the second row
Took a printout of PDI checklist and checked the car. It had just 7 kms on the odo, tyres are Goodyear Assurance manufactured in 32nd week; and here I was getting delivery in 39th week! All tyres had pressure jacked upto 45-50 psi, reset them to 35(F)-33(R) except spare. I think this needs to be the first thing to be taken care of while doing PDI for all cars, else ride quality is very unsettling.

As far as dealership experience goes, people at Orion Hisar were professional and did not make any commitments they could not keep.

Cost Breakup was as follows:
Ex Showroom : 771161
Logistics/Handling : 4500
Insurance : 28031 [Bharti Axa, Zero Dep]
Permanent Registration : 6% (~50k, yet to be done)

I know insurance sounds a bit on the higher side and TATA AIG was quoting about 20k for the same, but I opted for Bharti Axa as it has Cashless tie up with most Hyundai showrooms in Haryana. Moreover, when I checked online at Bharti Axa website, insurance worked out to be 29k for same IDV! So opted insurance from the showroom.
Temporary Registration was done by the dealer and is valid for one month, during which one can apply for Permanent Registration.

Freebies : Mudflaps, Mats

I have not opted for extended warranty even though I plan to do so in future. Price quoted for 2 year extended warranty was in the league of 18-19k. I am a bit skeptical about the offer till I hear something from Hyundai.

As far as Driving Impressions are concerned, I have just clocked about 200 km and my observation about turbo lag is: If you want to trundle about city in 3rd or 4th gear, 1200-1800 rpm doesn't disappoint, but if you want to overtake a commercial vehicle on the highway after being stuck behind him (happens very often on NH10 I usually traverse), you better be on the sweeter side of the rpm band.

A feature that requires special mention in my books is Steering Adaptive Parking Camera. One rarely needs to crane his neck while reversing. Pure Bliss!

And a hornet's nest. See attached pic from the User Manual on running in.

Comments and queries welcome!

H S Sidhu
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg  

sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 17:48   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish Goel View Post
Hi All,
My first post on Team BHP
Aashish
Welcome Aashish. Forum experts will help you or you can also search other threads related to accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
So we brought home a White Asta CRDi on 26th of the last month.

H S Sidhu
Congrats on your whilte Asta. Thanks for sharing the detail of your purchase.

Guys,
Seat covers are done at Jeewajee, Chennai (Chamiers road). There was a tiny damage like knife cut on front seat which was found after fixing all. Mr.Mohammed replaced it immediate next day by coming to my home. He is very friendly and I am happy with the purchase.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20141002wa0002.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20141002wa0003.jpg
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks