Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 18:12   #2146
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
<SNIP>On another note - went for 40k service and the guy was pushing for engine decarbonisation (quoting it is needed at every 20k and charging 1.8k without tax for the same). <SNIP>
See my below post from 2013. This has been a trick from Hyundai to extract money from quite long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I just logged in after leaving my 2.5 yr old i20(P) for its regular service. The first thing that was written on my job card was Engine decarbonizing. The SA was insisting that it is required every 20k KMs. Initially I thought I would give it a go but looking at the 1.6k + TAXES quote for the de-carb job alone <SNIP>
Infact, for every service after that the SA unabashedly used to add in this item into the estimate and I would unabashedly ask them to remove this. So much so that nowadays, they have stopped asking me for this since they know it is like . My i20 is 6 years, 55K old now and is still running like new even without this decarbonizing humbug.

I am sure you would have seen this thread that demystifies this trap:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...mystified.html

Last edited by racer_ash : 4th April 2017 at 18:14. Reason: age of car entered wrongly
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 20:50   #2147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Well, I have never seen any indicator glow on my indicator dash (very particular about the warning lights on the dash). So there is no way we can examine the status of fuel filter on our own ? - similar to how you can asses the condition of air filter (I any ways get it changed every 10k owing to the dusty environment I stay). Generally how is it ? Should fuel filters be still be replaced at 20k even if you do all your refuelling at Shell only - trying to get a feedback?
Why worry if nothing is wrong?. If there is no indication in the dash then there is no issue.

Unfortunately we can not check for water in fuel filter as this is a sealed one. Hence the dealers push for replacing it. Check for the symptoms that I have mentioned in my previous post to ensure that you do not get conned. If your car is running just fine and your advisor/mechanic says the fuel filter is clogged then you could be taken for a ride. Try to probe more as to how the mechanic concluded that fuel filter is at fault.

On the other hand, checking air filter is relatively easy. Just check for dust and debris after opening the air filter. However, I highly recommend not to open these filters every once in a while just to check the condition. If your air filter is more than a year old and if you notice a drop in performance then you could check the condition of the air filter.

Hence replacing the air filter at regular intervals is recommended.
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 11:38   #2148
BHPian

New Blue colour on Elite i20

Folks, I spotted a new Blue Colour Elite i20 at Hyundai Motor Plaza Ekkatuthangal Chennai this morning

I guess it's the Marina Blue shade that we have seen on the Elantra.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th April 2017 at 16:27. Reason: Not sure if you intended to attach a pic or not, but in case you did, it's missing :)
Prodigy07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 12:36   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
I had faced a similar issue during a long road trip in December/January. Just take your car to the service center and ask them to replace the Thermistor which has gone kaput. The symptoms were exactly the same in my case except for the mist that you've mentioned, and the thermistor (which records the temperature and regulates the air flow) was the reason behind this.

Rahul
Even I faced this on a 400+ km drive in 35 degree + heat. The ac stops cooling and you have to keep dropping the temperature/switching to manual.

Take a break and it cools like normal again

Could you tell me how much time the thermistor change takes and if there is a definite way to identify if its not functioning?
Old 5th April 2017, 14:01   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Even I faced this on a 400+ km drive in 35 degree + heat. The ac stops cooling and you have to keep dropping the temperature/switching to manual.

Take a break and it cools like normal again

Could you tell me how much time the thermistor change takes and if there is a definite way to identify if its not functioning?
To be honest, I cannot exactly tell you the time it takes to change the thermistor since it was done during my regular service, but I don't think it should take more than an hour, since you don't really have to remove the dashboard for it.

For your 2nd question on identification of the main culprit - I see you that you are from Bangalore, I get my car serviced at Trident, KR Puram. You can speak with Chethan, SA at Trident who takes care of my car. I am sure he'll be able to recognize the fault at one go and change the part under warranty, them moment you tell him about the symptoms.

Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 10:50   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Folks, I spotted a new Blue Colour Elite i20 at Hyundai Motor Plaza Ekkatuthangal Chennai this morning

I guess it's the Marina Blue shade that we have seen on the Elantra.
You are right.

Hyundai has refreshed the 2017 i20 by adding a few more features and offering it with a new colour shade - Marina Blue.

New feature additions include:

- 2 dual-tone exterior colour options - Red Passion with black roof & Polar White with black roof,
- an updated 7-inch AVN system which supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & MirrorLink on the Asta(O) variant, and
- all-black interiors with orange inserts.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-5.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-6.jpg

Engine options and other features continue as-is.

Official 2017 Hyundai i20 Homepage

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th April 2017 at 11:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 12:23   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
- an updated 7-inch AVN system which supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & MirrorLink on the Asta(O) variant, and
The all black interior itself had made i20 desirable in my books. Yes, Active was there already, but I didn't like its stance.

So what will be OTR price in Delhi for Asta (O) - White with Black roof?

Cheers!
Old 6th April 2017, 14:54   #2153
BHPian

Quote:

New feature additions include:

- 2 dual-tone exterior colour options - Red Passion with black roof & Polar White with black roof,
There were many subtractions too.

Asta trim no longer comes with following:
1) Start/Stop button.
2) Auto Up/Down function for driver window.
3) Rear Wash & Wipe.

Sportz trim no longer comes with following.
1) Reverse Camera
2) Auto climate control.
3) Tilt & Telescopic adjustment for steering.

Source: Autocar India

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-404613.aspx

Is this true ?

The prices for the updated Hundai i20 are as follows:

Petrol
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Era - Rs 536,624
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Magna Executive - Rs 599,990
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Sportz - Rs 647,209
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Asta - Rs 700,623
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Asta (dual tone) - Rs 725,624
1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT 5-Speed Manual Asta (O) - Rs 783,065
1.4L MPi Dual VTVT 4-Speed Automatic Magna - Rs 909,064

Diesel
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Era - Rs 666,629
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Magna - Rs 722,198
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Sportz - Rs 769,197
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Asta (dual tone) - Rs 851,465
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Asta - Rs 826,464
1.4L U2 CRDi 6-Speed Manual Asta (O) - Rs 907,235

(All prices, ex-showroom, Delhi)

Last edited by Hickstead : 6th April 2017 at 15:08. Reason: Added Pricing details.
Hickstead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:12   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
There were many subtractions too.

Asta trim no longer comes with following:
1) Start/Stop button.
2) Auto Up/Down function for driver window.
3) Rear Wash & Wipe.

Sportz trim no longer comes with following.
1) Reverse Camera
2) Auto climate control.
3) Tilt & Telescopic adjustment for steering.
For the sake of what?? I do not understand! This is plain stupid Hyundai! Every upgrade seems to be actually a downgrade of the existing variant with features, some very useful features being deleted! No cool at all!!

Auto up/down function and Rear wash wipe! Trust me, it does help one save himself/herself from a tricky situation!! How can Hyundai be so very dumb in its decisions off late!!!! This is just not right!
vinair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:13   #2155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
So what will be OTR price in Delhi for Asta (O) - White with Black roof?
Officially updated pricing of the 2017 Elite i20:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-untitled.jpg

- New variant, Magna Executive, added to the ranks.

Full variant-wise features:

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-5.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-6.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-7.jpg

Official updated brochure of the 2017 Elite i20 is not up yet on the website.

Official Press Release:
Quote:
The New 2017 Elite i20 comes with first-in-segment Dual Tone exteriors options in Red Passion Body Colour with Phantom Black Roof and Polar White Body Color with Phantom Black Roof, that adds to the style quotient of the car, while its Black Interiors with Orange Insets lends a sporty look and feel inside the cabin. Adding to the Modern Premium look, The New 2017 Elite i20 has first-in-segment 7.0 touchscreen Audio Video Navigation with smartphone connectivity supporting Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Mirror Link features for the technology savvy customers.

Commenting on The New Elite i20, Mr. Y K Koo, Managing Director and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “The Elite i20 has been a runaway global success, selling over 300,000 units since its launch in 2014. The New 2017 Elite i20, with more First-in-Segment features will further enhance the brand’s appeal offering Premium Safety, Performance and Exceptional Driving Experience to the customers.”
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_in_press_6042018.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th April 2017 at 15:42.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:03   #2156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Full variant-wise features:

Bit confused here. Which variants get All-Black interior trim?

Or the All-Black interior is only for Asta variant. If so, then

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 6th April 2017 at 16:13.
Old 6th April 2017, 16:24   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Bit confused here. Which variants get All-Black interior trim?
The all-black with orange inserts is with the dual-tone exterior coloured Asta variants only.

Rest will continue with the predominantly beige with black inserts (same layout as before).

Official updated brochure of the 2017 Elite i20 - 2014_Elite_i20_ebrochure_1491473031228.pdf
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 17:33   #2158
BHPian

Hyundai and VW are worthy of a case-study with respect to launching refreshed models. While VW continues to bump up the price by adding features and an additional top-of-the-line trim (sometimes), Hyundai adds features to the top-end and removes features from the lower variants thereby pushing the buyer to get the higher end model if he demands features and making good margins via the lower variants due to the feature deletion.
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 20:14   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
For the sake of what?? I do not understand! This is plain stupid Hyundai!

Auto up/down function and Rear wash wipe! Trust me, it does help one save himself/herself. How can Hyundai be so very dumb in its decisions off late!!!!
It's not that they are dumb enough not know this. This is their way to maintain/increase profit without increasing price. Moreover this might tempt more people to go for higher variants which will give them higher margins.

This will become a dumb decision only if it tempt people to go for competitor products, which we have to wait and see. I think they are taking advantage of the situation that i20 was still better than many of the competitor car models (even though the 'better' aspect varies from person to person)
Old 6th April 2017, 21:19   #2160
BHPian

The updated i20's dashboard looks better than the Creta's. Hyundai is doing great in the styling department and feature set has always been a strong point. Variant distribution has always been baffling. Car makers simply need to offer the AT as an option on any of the variants. An AT specific variant which misses on the top features simply doesn't make sense
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks