Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 18:45   #2221

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
So, my apprehension came true. It is still there. Whatever statement Hyundai released about addressing steering sound turned out all fake.

I have just clocked 31K. I remember the sound came around 4 months back. So that should be around 22k-23k on the Odo when the sound was first heard.

And like your Manas, my earlier i10 also landed in the same state after ASC attempted no less than 6 times to fix the issue (Read: Experimented on my car), but to no good. I am afraid this time also it may come out as the same.

Servicing is planned next weekend. I will keep posting.
I also have an i10 (9 years old, done 73k). Didn't face this problem with it.

This issue has completely turned me off Hyundai. Now every time I'm behind the wheels, I'm always dreading the moment when the kitchkitchkitchkitch will begin and when it beings, all I can think off is how my car now sounds more like an ancient, abused Indica cab than a premium hatchback.

Please let me know if you find a solution. My service centre has done its best, but it's clear they've no idea how to fix it.
Old 16th June 2017, 20:39   #2222
BHPian

I recently bought a used 2016 elite i20 asta & got its tank filled today. The fuel gauge in the car showed 2 colums & the fuel filled was 48 liters and still there was spacr for more. The fuel bunk is a trusted one and its located in a posh delhi area (gk1) so i doubt that there machine had an issue but on the other hand when I bought the car on 5th june then it showed low fuel warning and at that time too the fuel filled was around 58 ltrs.
Any suggestions on what could have happened here?
Old 17th June 2017, 05:30   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
I recently bought a used 2016 elite i20 asta & got its tank filled today. The fuel gauge in the car showed 2 colums & the fuel filled was 48 liters and still there was spacr for more. The fuel bunk is a trusted one and its located in a posh delhi area (gk1) so i doubt that there machine had an issue but on the other hand when I bought the car on 5th june then it showed low fuel warning and at that time too the fuel filled was around 58 ltrs.
It's normal. This is what my car takes in too. It's weird though...
Old 17th June 2017, 07:47   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
It's normal. This is what my car takes in too. It's weird though...
But it shouldn't be the case as the fuel tank is stated to be of 45 ltrs so max acceptable would be like 47-48 with a fully empty tank but with the mid showing 2 bars it should be 40 ltrs or less
Old 17th June 2017, 07:54   #2225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
Hi! Could any existing owner share a soft copy of the owner's manual. Hyundai has changed the website such that only existing owner's can now download the manual after registration.
PM me - I can send you a softcopy of the Elite i20 (2016) manual. The manuals now come on a CD for new cars.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 12:09   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
fuel filled was around 58 ltrs.
58 litres seems to be quite high.

On the day of delivery of my car, I filled some 43-45 odd litres and the sales personnel clearly mentioned that the car would only have around 5 litres and asked me to fill fuel at the nearest fuel station.
Old 17th June 2017, 12:24   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
2 colums & the fuel filled was 48 liters and still there was spacr for more.
I usually fill my petrol one for Rs 1500 (~20 litres) and get 6 bars on the dash marked. Yours could be mostly a problem with the tank sensors.

Last edited by anoop_gkris : 17th June 2017 at 12:28.
Old 17th June 2017, 12:30   #2228
BANNED

Quote:
Two chances as I can think of:

1. Tampered meters. Not showing the real values hence higher quantity filled, may be.

2. The fuel meter wasn't reset to 0. May be by mistake it could have happened so when your cars refilling started it added up.

Specification is 45 litres so filling in that 13 litres extra isn't possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Yours could be mostly a problem with the tank sensors.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th June 2017 at 12:36.
Old 17th June 2017, 16:45   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
PM me - I can send you a softcopy of the Elite i20 (2016) manual. The manuals now come on a CD for new cars.
Thanks. However I do not have PM privileges on team-bhp. So request you to please share the manual on a wetransfer link and pm the link to me.

At the same time I found this link where any and every technical information for Hyundai cars is available after free registration.

The owner manual is in separate sections though.

https://service.hyundai-motor.com:444/euro5/login.tiles
Old 17th June 2017, 19:25   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post

On the day of delivery of my car, I filled some 43-45 odd litres and the sales personnel clearly mentioned that the car would only have around 5 litres and asked me to fill fuel at the nearest fuel station.
Sorry this was a typo & It seems I cant edit it now. It was 48 ltrs but the mid showed 2 bars before refuelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
I usually fill my petrol one for Rs 1500 (~20 litres) and get 6 bars on the dash marked. Yours could be mostly a problem with the tank sensors.
I'll probably wait for the next fill up to check for this. I also doubt the same as I have driven 100 kms & there's still no reduction in bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Two chances as I can think of:

1. Tampered meters. Not showing the real values hence higher quantity filled, may be.

2. The fuel meter wasn't reset to 0. May be by mistake it could have happened so when your cars refilling started it added up.

Specification is 45 litres so filling in that 13 litres extra isn't possible
Sorry it's a typo, it was 48 litres.
1. Maybe the machine had some issues as it was the first day of the daily price fluctuation drive.
2. The meter was reset to 0 & infact the attendent made me see it, he even pointed out that fuel is high speed diesel & meter is 0.
I was in a hurry & didnt wanted to create a hoax, but would look for all the possibilities in the next refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
Guys!

Can anyone confirm the actual fuel tank capacity of the i20? And the distance it goes after giving off the fuel warning?

I have at times filled around 41 liters of fuel with it showing 3 bars on the fuel gauge. The tank capacity on the site is 45 liters. Is it excluding the reserve ?

Hyundai has really lost a few points here by skipping the DTE meter. It makes it harder to calculate the efficiency without knowing exactly how much fuel was consumed.
Hey, similar thing happened with me yesterday , I got around 48 liters filled yesterday even though the mid showed 2 bars remaining. There was still space even after 48 liters.
Did you find what the loop hole was?

Last edited by ampere : 17th June 2017 at 21:22. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 18th June 2017, 17:56   #2231
BHPian

Hi,

Looking to sell my elite i20 petrol sportz 2014 Nov model Bangalore registration. Mint condition, 27k km, not sure what should be the asking price can anyone help, with what would be a fair price for an excellently maintained car?

Cardekho fails to come up with a valuation price!!

Regards
Shailesh
Old 19th June 2017, 16:02   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Looking to sell my elite i20 petrol sportz 2014 Nov model Bangalore registration.
====
Regards
Shailesh
Above 5L is a good deal, but your asking price should be around 5.5L. Check this link https://www.carwale.com/used/carvalu...ar=3631&city=2
Old 19th June 2017, 20:16   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Spotted this Elite i20 Asta today. Going by lack of projectors & DRL, this is plain Asta version, not the Asta (O). The wheels immediately caught my attention as they looked different.
Attachment 1646578
It is really sad to see that such a feature rich car is being downgraded. The reason I liked Hyundai is because they always provide a feature rich car with something at every variant, so that everybody can enjoy. On the other hand I have seen Maruti reserving everything for is ZX trims and the VX trims are devoid of many features like reversing camera, alloy wheels, touch screen. The 2015 Elite came with keyless entry and alloy wheels for the sports O variant which was great value for money but when I bought my Elite in 2016 alloy wheels and keyless entry was taken out for sports version. Now even reverse parking cameras have been taken out
adutta2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 18:40   #2234
BHPian

I have been contemplating of retrofitting HID's (with Projectors of course) in my i20. However the very thought of getting the headlights opened for this job isn't confidence inspiring at all. I was also told that the dust caps are also cut to fit the wiring which was also a bigger turn off.
Whilst discussing other options I stumbled upon the Philips LED Bulbs. These are supposed to be a direct fit and don't require any splicing or cutting of wires. I was also told that these can be used without projectors (don't know how much is true on this parameter though). Has any one experimented or has first hand experience with these bulbs? If so, kindly enlighten (pun intended) me!

Link - http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12953BW...headlight-bulb
Old 20th June 2017, 19:43   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have been contemplating of retrofitting HID's (with Projectors of course) in my i20. However the very thought of getting the headlights opened for this job isn't confidence inspiring at all. I was also told that the dust caps are also cut to fit the wiring which was also a bigger turn off.
Whilst discussing other options I stumbled upon the Philips LED Bulbs. These are supposed to be a direct fit and don't require any splicing or cutting of wires. I was also told that these can be used without projectors (don't know how much is true on this parameter though). Has any one experimented or has first hand experience with these bulbs? If so, kindly enlighten (pun intended) me!

Link - http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12953BW...headlight-bulb
Plug and play LEDs have been available in the market (international) for quite sometime now and LEDs are better in all possible ways when compared to other lighting solutions available now.

The biggest disadvantage for LEDs in the amount of heat it produces. I am not sure how Phillips have addressed this issue.

Also the amount of light (lumens) that LEDs produce is much higher than the halogens. LEDs might blind the other road users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks