Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 12:47   #226

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Ordered the Jopasu car duster from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Jopasu-Car-Ca...item19cdbe301b

Looks nice... i hope it turns out well.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Odo has clocked 2300 kms so far and waiting for the first service this weekend. I'm sure you will get the same mileage when you stick to constant speed until first service.
Nice mileage. What was the tyre pressure and also the speeds you maintained over the trip? Did you feel the power to be adequate?

Btw, as per the owner's manual, Hyundai recommends NOT to stick to a constant speed in any gears as part of the optional running-in till 1000kms.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 15:05   #228
BHPian

Guys, i was on the hunt for a second car and had initially thought of picking up a 3-4 year old iVtec. However, saw the new i20 and really liked the looks of it. My mind is set on the 1.4 CRDI Asta version however i feel that 8.7L on road is a bit too much.

Really would have liked the sunroof on the asta version.

Wondering if i should take the plunge or wait for the 2015 swift.
Old 9th October 2014, 16:46   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Nice mileage. What was the tyre pressure and also the speeds you maintained over the trip? Did you feel the power to be adequate?

Btw, as per the owner's manual, Hyundai recommends NOT to stick to a constant speed in any gears as part of the optional running-in till 1000kms.
Type pressure was set at 32psi throughout the trip with speeds between 80-90 (rarely touched 100) which is too hard to control and you easily cross 100+ if you fail to notice the speedo

Absolutely no complaints and really enjoyed the drive throughout.
ssengo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 17:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post

Route - Chennai-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur-Cochin-Alleppey
Total Distance - 1800kms
Speed Maintained - 90-100
Mileage - 17kmpl (combined highway+city)
18.5 (highway)
Are these FE numbers for the petrol motor? Wow! That's amazing. Congrats.

Did you measure the FE tankful to tankful or through MID?
Old 11th October 2014, 15:13   #231
BHPian

Nightmare experience for Hyundai Elite i20 -

Hello friends ,
I am from Mumbai and a new prospective customer of Hyundai Motors India. I love the feature loaded yet practical cars from Hyundai. I had been looking to buy myself the Hyundai i20 since the last 2 years and finally made the decision this September 2014. But i never expected that the pre sales process of Hyundai Dealer and Hyundai Motors would be as traumatic as this one.

I have booked the Hyundai i20 Elite - Silver Asta with Shreeram Hyundai in Borivali West, Mumbai. I must say the booking process took my almost 3 visits to the showroom & 15 valuable days just because the sales executive assigned to me was least bothered to provide me Loan options & tentative delivery. Every time i visited the showroom, i had to remind her of who i was and why i was there.. so strange in such a competitive space. But yet i decided to book the car there as i was promised delivery on 20th October or latest 21st October 2014.

At the time of me signing the dotted line, i was requesting them provide them with a confirmed status on delivery (as i had to sell of existing car to arrange of part funds) and if the delivery is delayed then i would left without a vehicle for a longer time. I was promised that they will arrange for the delivery by 20th October or latest 21st October 2014 only if they are able to log the order on Sept 29th, 2014. I was also told that the dealership will need to send full payments to Hyundai Motors latest by Oct 5th so that we are able to meet our timelines.

Basis this commitment from the dealer i ensured that i payed the total amount to the dealership

I had been constantly following up since 1st Oct 2014 with the Sales Executive to please provide me with the Booking Reference number but to no avail, every time i was given lame excuses.

I followed up again 4th October after i got a confirmation from my bank that the Loan amount was disbursed to the dealer, I requested them to provide me with Booking reference number and the VIN number from Hyundai, but yet again i was told lame excuses - “Sir, our MIS guy has sore eyes, i will only give u the number tomorrow”

The dealership deposited the Final cheque of my payment on Oct 10th (yesterday) and it was credited to them the same day. I tried calling the Sales executive again for an update and now they stopped answering my calls. After many efforts someone answered the call and said that the SE is busy and i will ask her to call u back but no response for hours.. i finally sent to the SE saying if i don’t receive an update from them by end of day i will be forced to escalate to Hyundai. yet there was no response.

Finally at 7.00 pm Yesterday evening i got a call from someone from the Shreeram Hyundai saying that they will not be able to deliver the car on the committed date and it will only be delivered by around Nov 15th. There was no apology tendered, no soft support. I called up the SE and I requested to be spoken with the GM but i was told that he is in a meeting with someone and is not available for a chat and the line was disconnected.

For Me it was just a cold way to let me know “Boss i have your money now, i have received your last final payment today, Now get lost”

The Shreeram Hyundai Dealership has indulged in classic cheating, with all false promises before receiving the money and how colours change after i had paid all my money.

I have sent a mail to Hyundai requesting their intervention i wonder how much will that help.

A few questions i asked Hyundai -

1] Why am I not provided a basic Booking reference number at the time of my order ?
(if the booking is not logged at the time of my order, the least which could be done was that i was sent the booking reference number in a few days)

2] Does Hyundai Motors India have dealers like Shreeram Hyundai who only believe in meeting their sales targets and rake up revenues by lying to the customers and not have any Shame nor concerns for their customers???

3] A person loves and re-lives the experience of ordering and taking delivery of a new car, THATS a ONE TIME EXPERIENCE, this has turned into a NIGHTMARE now for me.

If the dealership was transparent in the whole process i would have paid them a token amount and blocked a booking, the rest would have come later but now i am left without my old car as i sold it.. my car loan instalments will start in Nov.. and the car still has now sign of being delivered to me.

I am told by the dealership that they are sorry for this, but how does this help. They claim its Hyundai who has blocked all deliveries and they don’t know when they can delivery (tentative dates again given to me are Mid November or December)
patelhemals is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 18:07   #232
Senior - BHPian

To be frank, Initially from photos posted on Team-bhp and elsewhere, I was not that impressed with the looks of the Elite i20. But over the past week I saw a few of them in flesh and my perception changed dramatically. I simply fell in love with the looks of the car after seeing it in flesh. Paint job appears of a very high quality. I am a fan of this car now!

Last edited by AkMar : 11th October 2014 at 18:07. Reason: Typo
Old 11th October 2014, 19:19   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Hello friends ,

I'm in a similar situation here in Chennai. Booked the Elite i20 petrol in the 4th week of September. SE pushed the sale till we paid the booking amount, arranged for the loan and he even went to to the lengths of bringing a broker to buy our old car and convinced the broker to pay ₹10,000 to us as a token amount under the condition that he will pay the entire amount we will sell him the car to him few days before we get the delivery of the new car. Up until that moment (which was early this month) the SE was assuring us delivery between 10th-15th October. But all of a sudden, on Wednesday, the SE calls up and says that the plant are not shipping petrol units and the delivery will be possible only after 15th November (same date that they told you).

I am really cheesed off at Hyundai. Not what I expected from them at all. Last two cars were Martuti Suzuki and the buying experience was very pleasant for both those cars. They stated a date and delivered the car on the exact date as promised. I expected Hyundai to be the same. How wrong I was.
Old 11th October 2014, 19:45   #234
BHPian

All said and done the car surely is a huge improvement over the previous generation but a previous generation owner i have some apprehension about certain points which are as follows:

1) Rear Disc brakes in diesel is no longer there even on the Asta variant
2) Daytime running LEDs are sorely missed especially considering the new updated swift is coming with this feature. When the european version gets this then why can't we Indians also get it.
3) Auto wipers has been removed which is baffling when the previous gen i20 had it. I am from Kerala and can swear by the immense use of this feature during the raining seasons
4) Folding driver seat arm rest. The previous i20 has this feature which made the driving position spot on. The new version has lost it which i felt during its test drive.
5) The rear view camera protrudes out like a sore thumb when the previous gen had it neatly integrated

That said, i must surely mention that the rear ac vents, 16 inch alloys and the interior dash board design are really impressive. The turbo lag also felt improved.
Old 12th October 2014, 09:34   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
We booked a Petrol Sportz in Sept first week through Advaith Hyundai ORR, no sign of the car yet, will be going to them today to get more details.

Regards
Shailesh
Checked with Advaith Hyundai, seems they got only 25 i20 cars last month, the SA was saying the delay is at Hyundai end, for my car booked on 31st Aug, they are saying it would be OCT end!!.

There was no test drive car available, even the demo car was sold off!

Regards
Shailesh
Old 12th October 2014, 11:08   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Checked with Advaith Hyundai, seems they got only 25 i20 cars last month, the SA was saying the delay is at Hyundai end, for my car booked on 31st Aug, they are saying it would be OCT end!!.

There was no test drive car available, even the demo car was sold off!

Regards
Shailesh
I understand from my friends at HMIL that the new i20 has received booking which are so much more than their sales projection that they don't have enough vehicles produced. The main reason for them to shifting the i20 production for european market to Turkey plant from Chennai is to satisfy the needs of the Indian market.
Old 12th October 2014, 21:25   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nightmare experience for Hyundai Elite i20 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
....I am from Mumbai and a new prospective customer of Hyundai Motors India. I love the feature loaded yet practical cars from Hyundai. I had been looking to buy myself the Hyundai i20 since the last 2 years and finally made the decision this September 2014. But i never expected that the pre sales process of Hyundai Dealer and Hyundai Motors would be as traumatic as this one...
Sorry, but you had enough taste of their un-professionalism even before you made the payment. You could have simply walked away and found another dealership. I am NOT surprised they way you have been treated since you didn't make them understand that customer is the king!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 21:29   #238
BHPian

elite i20 sportz(o) or sportz with alloy upgrade

Hi BHPians,
Though i am confused about which variant would be a better, since all this confusion boils down to the wheels, i am putting it in this sections.
Mods, please help me i have posted it in wrong thread.

Background : In search of a hatch, after reading loads and loads of reviews, forums and studying the features list the list boiled down to elite i20, and VW polo.
Now after TDs of both the cars, felt VW was a little rough compared to i20, also features wise i20 has a upperhand and also the horror stories from many in the forum. I felt it was better to opt for elite i20 which is overall a better package compared to VW polo, which also comes with a better ASS than polo.

Situation in hand: Among the variants, i felt elite i20 sportz has all the features i would wanted , asta i felt had more of luxuries like automatic headlamps, smart key, push button start etc.
But one thing i wanted was the 195/55 R16 alloy wheels which is missing in sports.
Now to put the situation more into perspective, the OTR of sportz is 7.37 lakhs, while sportz(o) is 7.75 lakhs.
the sportz(o) comes with alloys and push button start for the additional 38,000.
Now my confusion is should I go for sportz(o) or will it work out better if i go for sportz and then as soon as i get the delivery drive the car into a tyre showroom and replace the stock tyres with after market 16" alloys and tyres.
please share your views,
Old 12th October 2014, 21:50   #239
BHPian

Re: Nightmare experience for Hyundai Elite i20 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, but you had enough taste of their un-professionalism even before you made the payment. You could have simply walked away and found another dealership. I am NOT surprised they way you have been treated since you didn't make them understand that customer is the king!
Thanks and yes you are right !!, and post having better post booking experiences with other dealers or brands, this indeed was something i missed out. But hey not everyone is perfect isn't it.

And this could have happened even at any other dealer where the SE was great sales person. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 12th October 2014, 21:54   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Looks nice!

Btw are these installed after removing oem fabric, or over the oem fabric?
It is installed over the OEM fabric seat covers. They will only remove the stitches at middle of OEM fabric cover to find string for tying new cover with staples like pins along the string.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks