Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 22:44   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: elite i20 sportz(o) or sportz with alloy upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvin_86 View Post
Now my confusion is should I go for sportz(o) or will it work out better if i go for sportz and then as soon as i get the delivery drive the car into a tyre showroom and replace the stock tyres with after market 16" alloys and tyres.
please share your views,
If budget permits, definitely go for Asta. Its absolutely worth it. Passenger airbag, split rear seats, adjustable rear headrests, rear wash wipe are some of the much needed items which cannot be added aftermarket.

Between Sportz and (O), I would pick later as the OEM wheels on the i20 is real nice. But, try to get the Asta. You wont regret it. Happy shopping!
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 23:22   #242

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Covered 550 km on Odo... Mileage turned out to be 14.1 kmpl (City+Hgwy).

I'd say its decent for a petrol, Hoping for it to improve after 1st service.

i maintained 1500-2500 rpm and rarely took it to 2500+.

Aashish
Old 12th October 2014, 23:24   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvin_86 View Post
Situation in hand: Among the variants, i felt elite i20 sportz has all the features i would wanted , asta i felt had more of luxuries like automatic headlamps, smart key, push button start etc.
But one thing i wanted was the 195/55 R16 alloy wheels which is missing in sports.
Now to put the situation more into perspective, the OTR of sportz is 7.37 lakhs, while sportz(o) is 7.75 lakhs.
the sportz(o) comes with alloys and push button start for the additional 38,000.
Now my confusion is should I go for sportz(o) or will it work out better if i go for sportz and then as soon as i get the delivery drive the car into a tyre showroom and replace the stock tyres with after market 16" alloys and tyres.
please share your views,
I would recommend going for Sportz O if you are planning for a 16" alloy + tyre upgrade on a Sportz variant.

The cost of a 16" tyre is around 8K (without considering the buyback value of the existing 15" on the Sportz). Add to that the cost of alloys, the Sportz O sounds sensible. On top of that you get the smart keys/ push button start.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 06:42   #244
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I absolutely agree. When buying a new car in this day and age, apart from all your "cosmetic" desires, please do try and buy the safest variant out there. You will never regret that decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
If budget permits, definitely go for Asta. Its absolutely worth it. Passenger airbag, split rear seats, adjustable rear headrests, rear wash wipe are some of the much needed items which cannot be added aftermarket.

Between Sportz and (O), I would pick later as the OEM wheels on the i20 is real nice. But, try to get the Asta. You wont regret it. Happy shopping!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 07:08   #245
BHPian

I would also recommend the Asta.

And there might be warranty issues if you up size the stock tyres on Sportz, aftermarket. (Someone can confirm!!)

So it should be either Sportz(O) or Asta.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:17   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish Goel View Post
Covered 550 km on Odo... Mileage turned out to be 14.1 kmpl (City+Hgwy).

I'd say its decent for a petrol, Hoping for it to improve after 1st service.

i maintained 1500-2500 rpm and rarely took it to 2500+.

Aashish
Congrats!

However the first service at 1.5K is just a checkup. No oil/ filter changes etc to bring in any major noticeable difference.

Btw how was your highway experience with the petrol? @2500rpm, i guess the car was over the century mark, no?
Old 13th October 2014, 12:25   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Congrats!

However the first service at 1.5K is just a checkup. No oil/ filter changes etc to bring in any major noticeable difference.

Btw how was your highway experience with the petrol? @2500rpm, i guess the car was over the century mark, no?
Hi vinjosep,

Actually i was planning to do an oil change to get rid of any slivers in the engine due to the initial run in. But still not sure on it.

Highway experience was nice (Keeping my expectations in check as it was an i20 and not a Swift or a Polo). The biggest thing that i've felt is the lack of confidence in the steering. Feels too light especially on high speeds.

But comfort, features and looks is what makes it all worth it.

Aashish
Aashish Goel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 00:36   #248
BHPian

Thanks guys for the valuable inputs.
I did check out a few tyre shops, and like everyone said

- Alloys itself cost 30k upwards, for a set of 4.
- Tyres would be another 15k minimum.

I opted for sportz with an hope of saving around 70k w.r.t the asta variant. Now I guess i will have to stretch my budget to 8 lakhs.
Thanks for the timely suggestions
Old 17th October 2014, 21:16   #249
BHPian

Got the Sparco Urban antenna from ebay and I think its worth the 700Rs you pay for it as it quite changes the side profile quite a bit

Its very compact compared to the stock antenna and is really easy to install. The reception is quite similar to the stock antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20141010_074209.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20141010_074459.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20141010_074436.jpg  

sandroidz80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2014, 22:44   #250
BHPian

Hi,

What does the term vehicle allotment mean? The SA messaged that the vehicle has been allotted, does it mean that it has been allotted for production or that it has been produced and allotted to me?

Dealer is Advaith Hyundai Bangalore ORR
Old 18th October 2014, 07:09   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

What does the term vehicle allotment mean? The SA messaged that the vehicle has been allotted, does it mean that it has been allotted for production or that it has been produced and allotted to me?

Dealer is Advaith Hyundai Bangalore ORR
Its means the car is made and is waiting at Hyundai' yard near the plant or is in transit. Get the VIN confirmed from Advaith and be ready with our Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
Got the Sparco Urban antenna from ebay and I think its worth the 700Rs you pay for it as it quite changes the side profile quite a bit
Man, that Sparco antenna is making the i20 look so big. Though its much much better than the OEM one. I think a shark fin antenna will suit the car best.

Last edited by deetjohn : 18th October 2014 at 07:12.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 09:36   #252
BHPian

Just wanted share something which I learnt, am sure some of us may know this but wanted to share..

When switching on the A/C using the auto switch the air circulation control (red circle in the image) gets switched off automatically after a few min thus resulting in the outside smell entering the cabin. The Auto A/C switch is designed to work like this to bring in fresh air into the cabin but this may not be a preferred choice in India due to the pollution levels outside the cabin and also the smells.

To prevent the aircirulation from switching off automatically switch on the A/C by pressing the A/C switch instead of the Auto Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screenshot-20141018-09.21.44.png  

sandroidz80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 20:47   #253
BHPian

Finally, booked i20 crdi red color today for my wife.
It was a very very close fight between it and polo. It was a very difficult decision and would change every few hrs. polo indeed is a very strong contender but then i 20 won the race mainly due to;

1) Hyundai ASS
2) Silent refined engine
3) 6 gears for highway runs
4) More space

But seriously, polo had a lot going for it and the heart kept on yelling for it. Head won in the end though
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 22:06   #254
BHPian

My Elite i20 came with Goodyear tyres as stock. The recommended tyre PSI mentioned on the door label was 33 for all tyres. Today I had to top up and found that all the tyres were about 39-40 (after running for about 2 weeks now). I corrected all the tyres to 33 but now the tyres look a little deflated and also the ride feels a little different than what it was.

Can some of the owners recommend on what tyre PSI they have maintained. And also am planning to get a fresh fill in of Nitrogen this weekend would this be recommended as well ?
Old 21st October 2014, 00:38   #255
BHPian

Got the following mail from dealer(Bangalore):

Quote:
Please accept our sincere thanks for showing your keen interest in our all New Elite i20 Car.

As you are probably aware, Elite i20 the entire variant has received overwhelming response for bookings much beyond our expectation and much before it could be released. The bookings multiplied massively by many folds. This has led to the production congestion and called for rescheduling the production program, the result of which is a long waiting period.

We understand your eagerness to have the vehicle but due to certain unavoidable circumstances that are beyond our control its becoming difficult to stick to our delivery dates. Our principals are doing their best in improving the situation. Nevertheless, the current status reveals that the tentative plan of dispatch of your vehicle from Hyundai’s plant in Chennai is approximately 3 months from the date of booking. However, as the production increases, delays would get curtailed when we shall be giving you the revised delivery schedule more to the accuracy.

While we apologize sincerely for the inordinate delay we thank you once again for patronizing Hyundai products and for your patience. We are fully confident that the Elite i20 would exceed your expectations and prove your wait to be worthwhile
No one's getting their car any sooner. At least the dealer is being forthcoming and not over promising to make the sale.
needmorebhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed