Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2018, 22:11   #2551
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Attachment 1762392
Guys, I've managed to make YouTube work on Android Auto thanks to this free app made by Kiran Kumar as a hobby. No more video restrictions and I can play my favourite YouTube videos while driving. My family, especially my kids love it. Here's the link to the download page and you will find installation instructions. http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/

Should work with any car system with Android Auto compatibility.
is not the reason Hyundai blocked video while driving is safety ?
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 23:18   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
is not the reason Hyundai blocked video while driving is safety ?
Definitely! It's not just Hyundai, every other manufacturer by law has to block this feature. I choose to use it wisely as it helps keep my kids entertained while I can concentrate on the driving.
Old 4th June 2018, 12:44   #2553
BHPian

Last Saturday I gave my new Elite i20 Asta for the first free service after completing 1500 kms. I got the delivery of the car on 29th April having booked the car a week before.

On the "Repair order" receipt I have been given, the "delivery date" is mentioned as 31st March 2018. The SA advised me to give the vehicle for next service on 31st March 2019 as that would be the next free service after 1 year.

On asking the guy who completed the sales transaction about why delivery date is 31st March and not 29th April, he is telling it is manufacturing date.

Am I missing something here? Is the vehicle service schedule based on manufacturing date or date of delivery? Why is manufacturing date being passed off as delivery date?
Old 4th June 2018, 13:01   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Is the vehicle service schedule based on manufacturing date or date of delivery? Why is manufacturing date being passed off as delivery date?
I have seen the Date of Delivery being updated multiple times in Hyundai Service Network Portal for my vehicle. Even before the delivery when the vehicle was brought from the yard to the showroom the Delivery Date was updated. The Date of Manufacturing is another field there and is different from Delivery one. You can create a login and check against your VIN number what Hyundai Records consider as the delivery date for Warranty perspective.

Last edited by LobsterB : 4th June 2018 at 13:09.
Old 4th June 2018, 14:20   #2555
BHPian

I got the 4th service (30K Km, Paid) of my Elite 1.2 done a few days ago at Unity Hyundai ASS North-West Delhi. I dropped my car at 10:00 and picked up around 17:00. I specifically enquired about the engine oil and they assured me that they will use Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 fully synthetic as per my requirement. I cross-checked with their stock and found it to be 5w30 instead of 5w40, As I didn't have any choice I let them use 5w30. The SA informed me that both Link Stabilizer Rods need replacement along with Bush Stabilizer Bars and tried to sell it to me for around 3K. Here, I informed him about the extended warranty my car comes under. Half-heartedly he agrees to replace Link Stabilizers under extended warranty and pleaded that Bush Stabilizers won’t be covered. Looking at the price of Bushes I approved it at my expense. Other than this he added many other jobs to be performed which I politely declined. Still, he managed to get approval for a couple of things. I am attaching the invoice and a picture of the engine oil they used. Please check the invoice and tell me if I have been overcharged with any service or parts.
I am still waiting for their feedback call and will inquire about the anomaly, if any. I haven’t got to drive the car much, after the service so I can’t tell the difference in the performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i1.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i2.jpg  

Old 4th June 2018, 15:12   #2556
Team-BHP Support

In part invoice, item number 4 & 8 and in labor invoice, part/charge number 1* & 5 what are these? These appear money fleecing items to me.

*while it is important, the charges are pretty high for a grease job. Do you guys leave your car and go or stand/sit at the ASC? That would explain a lot of things.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 17:46   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_Kapoor4750 View Post
I am attaching the invoice and a picture of the engine oil they used. Please check the invoice and tell me if I have been overcharged with any service or parts.
Wheel alignment
Wheel Balancing
Engine dressing

All 2 above are unwarranted items. WA and WB can be done at a good tyre store at 300 INR (atleast here in Bombay). 1500 for WA and WB is a rip off. This is also inline with Maruti service centers, they charge 1300 INR for WA and WB.

Also, did u ask them what they do in Engine dressing, I think it is nothing more then wiping the engine compartment with a wet cloth.

There 1800 bucks could have been saved by removing these 3 items.

From your invoice I can see that Hyundai and Maruti service centers have a lot in common when they try to rip off customers

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 12:57   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
In part invoice, item number 4 & 8 and in labor invoice, part/charge number 1* & 5 what are these?
Part number 4 & 8 are the fuel injection cleaning and service kit. If I am correct, these include replacement air filter and oil filter along with cleaning of fuel injection system.
When talking about the grease job (Lubrication of all joints and hinges), I also smell something fishy here. All doors of my car were a little hard to open/close; Hydraulics in the hood was also having some resistance. So I asked the SA to do the appropriate job to make them smooth. He took the charge and outcome is a con job which cost me a good amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Wheel alignment
Wheel Balancing
Engine dressing

All 2 above are unwarranted items.
I went for the Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing with them because it is needed according to the service guidance in the user manual. My car is covered under 2+3 years extended warranty so I wanted to play by the book to avoid any future issues with the warranty.
Engine dressing is a total rip off. At the time of delivery, I casually asked the SA to open the hood and show their work. I saw a wash-cleaned engine and out of curiosity, asked him what was the engine dressing he was boasting off. He made a duck face and gave a mouthful to the cleaning staff, after that he took some jet spray and sprayed it all over the engine. That’s it! I kept looking the engine and the SA with my mouth open.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 20:25   #2559
BHPian

I always had a discomfort whenever I wear my seat belt while driving. It always had a twist no matter how I wear it. It also won't easily retract whenever I released it. I have to pull it lightly for it to retract completely. But I didn't care much which maybe my fault.
Today I did notice casually that the front passenger seat belt never had this issue. It is nice and straight without any twist and would retract smoothly once released. That's when I noticed that the driver seatbelt fastening looked different to the passenger one.

Not sure if i need to get it fixed immediately from service center? Can it be fixed by myself, I don't know.

Do anyone else have this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20180607_194726__01__01.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20180607_195016__01.jpg  

Old 7th June 2018, 21:38   #2560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Not sure if i need to get it fixed immediately from service center? Can it be fixed by myself, I don't know.

Do anyone else have this issue?
Simple enough fix. Remove the bolt at the base of the B-pillar, straighten out the belt (buckle facing seatwards like the other belt pic), and replace/tighten the bolt.

Can do yourself if you have the right spanner, or ask A.S.S. to do it. Whoever does it, please ensure the bolt is secured and tightened correctly.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th June 2018 at 21:42.
Old 8th June 2018, 06:58   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Can do yourself if you have the right spanner, or ask A.S.S. to do it. Whoever does it, please ensure the bolt is secured and tightened correctly.
I believe there should be a torque defined for tightening the bolt. Can't find it anywhere in the manual and internet. Planning to get it checked at A.S.S. but will ensure they fix it properly as you said.
Old 8th June 2018, 10:35   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Wheel alignment
Wheel Balancing
Engine dressing

There 1800 bucks could have been saved by removing these 3 items.
Please add - wheel rotation too.
In service, wheel rotation is free, wheel alignment cost 500rs, balancing as per weights added if required but for alloy wheels it never costs >500.

Engine dressing: LOL
Old 10th June 2018, 10:45   #2563
BHPian

I dropped my diesel car for second free service today. The expected bill amount is about ₹5.5k which includes oil change, filters replacements, wheel balancing and alignment.
I have an ugly dent in the rear door and body, courtesy of a tight parking spot at a friend's place. The service centre quoted about ₹12k for repair and repaint. I have option to claim insurance. Am I right in assuming that claiming insurance is the better choice and that NCB that I lose will be much less than this amount?
Old 11th June 2018, 10:49   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Hyundai ASS did it for me. Mine is a Nov 2016 model
Hi Rajesh,

I too have an Elite i20 Dec 2016 model bought at Blue Hyundai. Please tell me in which service center you got the AVN updated to Android auto version?
Old 11th June 2018, 12:29   #2565
BHPian

Hi Sunil, I got it done at Advaith Hyundai at Mission Road ASC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks