Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:12   #2716
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Hi, did not see any response to this post.
Thank you so much for your reply.

Quote:
If answer to points 2 & 3 is yes, then it maybe an issue with the RF transponder in the key. Since you also mentioned changing the battery in the key fob.
Yes the car is unlocking manually using the key as well as running.

Another thing I noticed is this sign when the key is in ON Position.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190503_093729__01.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2019, 22:27   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post

Another thing I noticed is this sign when the key is in ON Position.
Hi, so definitely the RF transponder issue. The key fob will need to be replaced and both keys reprogrammed. Damage to the pocket about INR 5000/-.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 22:41   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Wanted to understand if anyone has got similar repair done earlier on his/her car ? Will the dashboard be opened up to fix this and how much does the repair cost approximately including labour ?
The left sided one and one of the center ones in my i20 are broken. The service center had quoted 4000Rs for repairing both back in 2017. Hence I did not bother to spend so much money to fix a small thing and I left it there like that.
Yes, the dashboard will be opened up to fix the issue.
Old 3rd May 2019, 23:49   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Damage to the pocket about INR 5000/-.

What can be the probable cause for this?
Is it OK to use the car like this for some time?
I have my exams till 28th May and will get time after that only.
Old 4th May 2019, 05:42   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
we are informed that since it is a 6 airbag equipped car, we are not supposed to alter or put seat covers over the original factory fitted seats

Any ideas / suggestions / reccommendations for the above prolem,
The issue with a 6 airbag configuration is that since you have airbags on the side of the front seat, a standard seat cover will mess with the operation of the airbag if, God forbid, the airbag is required.

I too have a 6 airbag i20, so I can understand your pain.

You'll have to approach a reputable Car Seat & Upholstery shop. Specifically one that specializes in catering to high end / German cars. Furthermore, ensure to ask the installer about how he plans to tackle the issue before getting any work done. While awareness is growing, many are still unsure of how to deal with this problem since a majority of the cars out there come with 2 airbags at most.

The solution: Shops that can cater to you usually make cuts on the cover to ensure smooth operation of the airbag.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 4th May 2019 at 05:48.
Old 5th May 2019, 10:33   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post

What can be the probable cause for this?
Is it OK to use the car like this for some time?
I have my exams till 28th May and will get time after that only.
Hi, you can safely use the car, no issues.
Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:20   #2722
BHPian

My father owns a 2016 Elite i20 petrol which has done around 40000kms now. The exhaust of the car has become really loud and boomy recently. What can be the issue here?
JD_404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 06:39   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
My father owns a 2016 Elite i20 petrol which has done around 40000kms now. The exhaust of the car has become really loud and boomy recently. What can be the issue here?
For any car which has an abnormal loud exhaust sound, I would suggest to first check the exhaust muffler. In some cars, the muffler is prone to rust and thus would easily be damaged in a few years. So, first have the exhaust muffler checked and if that's not the problem, then backtrack it to the entire length of the exhaust pipe to see if there is any rust or degradation.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 09:53   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
For any car which has an abnormal loud exhaust sound, I would suggest to first check the exhaust muffler. In some cars, the muffler is prone to rust and thus would easily be damaged in a few years. So, first have the exhaust muffler checked and if that's not the problem, then backtrack it to the entire length of the exhaust pipe to see if there is any rust or degradation.
Had this happening to my i10. After about 4 years, there was a sound of loss metal shaking in the muffler. After showing it to Trident Hyundai, found out that the muffler had rusted from inside. A mechanic told me this happens because the catalytic converter release water (vapor?) into the muffler system which slowly rusts it away.
To prolong the life of the muffler, please note the following:
1. Never run the engine for only a few minutes to "warm" it. The catalytic converter releases water, but because the muffler pipes are cold, water remains and does not evaporate which starts the rusting process. So, please run your car and ensure the engine reaches the optimal operating temperature and the exaust pipes are hot.

2. Always give a rev or two before shutting down your engine. This forces water out of the catalytic converter and send it to the pipes where (if hot) it evaporates.
Taking the above tips, my exhaust system which was replaced (except for the catalytic converter) on my i10 has now lasted more than 4 years while earlier in about 2 years, it started rusting.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:38   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
To prolong the life of the muffler, please note the following:
1. Never run the engine for only a few minutes to "warm" it. The catalytic converter releases water, but because the muffler pipes are cold, water remains and does not evaporate which starts the rusting process. So, please run your car and ensure the engine reaches the optimal operating temperature and the exaust pipes are hot.
2. Always give a rev or two before shutting down your engine. This forces water out of the catalytic converter and send it to the pipes where (if hot) it evaporates.
The reason you have mentioned is true and the water vapour released is the cause for premature rusting on the inside of the muffler. But I have a slightly different opinion on the second point you have mentioned to avoid the rusting.
Revving the car before shutting the engine down is fine for a normal engine. But for a turbo-charged one, that would affect the life of the turbocharger. A turbo-charged car should always be brought to idling revs before shutting the engine off. IMHO, considering the costs involved, it is better to take a hit on the muffler's life than that of the turbo charger.
Just my 2 cents..
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:42   #2726
BHPian

Yes - you are absolutely right. I didn't realize it was a turbo charged engine. You would then definitely have to idle for about a minute or two.
Old 7th May 2019, 16:09   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. On close observation the exhaust did appear to have rusted in certein areas. I will have it checked in the ASS.
On another note, the car sounds really good when revved hard. Is it necessary to have it repaired
Old 7th May 2019, 16:50   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
On another note, the car sounds really good when revved hard. Is it necessary to have it repaired
It depends on the severity of the problem. If it is minor and the car is not driven in city traffic much, then it's fine. But, if the leakage from the muffler or the exhaust pipe is more and/or the car is driven extensively in city traffic, chances are high for the exhaust fumes to enter the cabin and is harmful for health.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 20:58   #2729
BHPian

Any suggestions on a good back support for this car? I did a long 10 hour drive recently and started feeling a distinct lack of back support after sitting for about 2 hours.
Old 12th May 2019, 21:09   #2730
BHPian

Today just out of blue, my ac stopped working.

Car was last used on wednesday, when everything was fine.

Today took it out and alas it wasnt working anymore, moreover as soon as I switched on Ac car's fan started up. Also these was a sound that something was stuck somewhere and was stopping something in moving.
Plus there was a different kind of vibration in ABC pedals when Ac was turned on.

Anyone felt such a thing before? Can someone suggest some good Hyundai Service Centres in Gurgaon where I can get my car inspected?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks