Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2019, 21:33   #2731
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Today just out of blue, my ac stopped working.

Car was last used on wednesday, when everything was fine.

Today took it out and alas it wasnt working anymore, moreover as soon as I switched on Ac car's fan started up. Also these was a sound that something was stuck somewhere and was stopping something in moving.
Plus there was a different kind of vibration in ABC pedals when Ac was turned on.

Anyone felt such a thing before? Can someone suggest some good Hyundai Service Centres in Gurgaon where I can get my car inspected?
Take the car to Dee Emm Hyundai service centre. They've taken really good care of my car.
CarLoverJosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 06:31   #2732
BHPian

Just a common update for anyone owning an elite i20 with 16 inch wheels and feeling the ride quality is not upto the mark:

1. Keep tire pressure at 29/30 within the city

2. Keep it 31/33 on the highway

3. Changing tires to the ones with softer compound will further enhance the ride quality
Dinesh_Malhotra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 08:40   #2733
BANNED

Next-gen Hyundai i20 Likely To Get 1.0-litre Turbo Petrol Engine With 7-Speed DCT.

Source
Old 30th May 2019, 17:03   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Just a common update for anyone owning an elite i20 with 16 inch wheels and feeling the ride quality is not upto the mark:

1. Keep tire pressure at 29/30 within the city

2. Keep it 31/33 on the highway

3. Changing tires to the ones with softer compound will further enhance the ride quality

Maybe i will try this..one family member has Xcent, and i drive the i20 crdi, but feel that i20 is more hard on the rough patches in the road and xcent tends to take it more smoothly.
Old 11th June 2019, 23:53   #2735
BHPian

I have an i20 Active SX, with projector headlights, one of my headlights stopped working, and I need to replace the headlight bulb.

How easy is to replace the bulb? Can any accessories shop replace the same or should I go to the service center?
What will be the cost at the service center for replacing one bulb?

Any recommendations for a good halogen bulb?

Last edited by Aditya_Bhp : 11th June 2019 at 23:55. Reason: Query added
Old 12th June 2019, 09:02   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
I have an i20 Active SX, with projector headlights, one of my headlights stopped working, and I need to replace the headlight bulb.

How easy is to replace the bulb? Can any accessories shop replace the same or should I go to the service center?

Its easy to replace, you can do it yourself or the accessories shop can do it too.
In fact, there are sellers on Amazon who will do home installation.
Depending on the brand and type you go for, it should be between 500-1000 INR.

Tip: search HB3 Bulb on Amazon.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 10:18   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post

I hope any good accessories shop would be able to replace the bulb. Wherever you buy the bulb from (be it from accessories shop or online), ensure the bulb specs are similar to the other headlight bulb in your car. Else, if the temperature specs are different you might end up having a different light color on the replacement side.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 13:44   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Depending on the brand and type you go for, it should be between 500-1000 INR.
Had to replace the bulb at the service center and it costed just Rs.200/-
Headlight bulb costs only Rs.96/- at the service center.

I had enquired at accessory shops and the cheapest Philips HB3 was Rs.300, but none of them had it in stock.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th June 2019 at 14:31. Reason: As requested
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 09:41   #2739
BHPian

Need some advice. I have a Elite i20 Crdi 2016 model. The 40k service is coming up and the car is out of warranty. Should i get the service done at the dealership or try an independent garage.

Apart from the regular service, I would be changing the front brake pads. Should i go ahead with the OEM pads or is there a better brand i should look out for?
Old 1st July 2019, 19:25   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
The 40k service is coming up and the car is out of warranty.
Should i go ahead with the OEM pads or is there a better brand i should look out for?
I suggest you to take the extended warranty. Hyundai offers 5 years extended warranty. In some cases, there are A/C failures just after 3 years or even before. In such cases the extended warranty can help. My suggestion would be take the warranty up to 5 years from the date of purchase of the car.

Regarding your query on brakes, in most cases OEM brake pads are enough. If you are a guy who frequently redline the engine and rely on hard braking then you can try after market brakes like Brembo.
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:54   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
I suggest you to take the extended warranty. Hyundai offers 5 years extended warranty. In some cases, there are A/C failures just after 3 years or even before. In such cases the extended warranty can help. My suggestion would be take the warranty up to 5 years from the date of purchase of the car.

Regarding your query on brakes, in most cases OEM brake pads are enough. If you are a guy who frequently redline the engine and rely on hard braking then you can try after market brakes like Brembo.
Since the vehicle is already out of warranty i don't think i will be able to take the extended warranty.

Regarding the brakes, I never redline neither rely on hard braking but I do a lot of highway drives and have always found the brakes on the i20 to be uninspiring compared to other vehicles i have driven.
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:46   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post

Regarding the brakes, I never redline neither rely on hard braking but I do a lot of highway drives and have always found the brakes on the i20 to be uninspiring compared to other vehicles i have driven.
Please go through the following thread regarding the brake upgrade. You will get a fair idea.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ons-costs.html (Improving your car's brakes: Options and costs)

Keep us posted with the feedback, if you upgrade your brakes.

Thanks,
TK
Old 11th July 2019, 21:00   #2743
BHPian

I have a 2016 vtvt asta option model. It has done 42k kms on it's stock apollo alnac 4g tyres and now am planning to get them changed. My main priorities are comfort and logitivity. What options do i have for the replacement?
Old 14th July 2019, 01:15   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
I have a 2016 vtvt asta option model. It has done 42k kms on it's stock apollo alnac 4g tyres and now am planning to get them changed. My main priorities are comfort and logitivity. What options do i have for the replacement?
You can go for any of the reputed tyre companies. Recently, I have changed mine good year to Continental mc 5 in my 2015 asta diesel, after alot of market study and comparison with other options like Michelins ,hankook etc. After I had put in the continental's the ride is more plush, it doesn't scrape on the speed breakers anymore and gives decent braking on dry and wet surfaces. As far as longitivity is concerned that I have to check in the coming years but hopefully it will serve
minimal 50 k + kms.
It costed me 7k per tyre in Bangalore.
sam_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 09:11   #2745
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_404 View Post
Basically comfort and longevity of a tyre are inversely proportional. It all depends on your preferences. If your priority is comfort go for Michelin’s, should get you relatively good longevity. I have been using Michelin XM2s on my Honda City for past 43,000 kms and I have not regretted a bit shelling money on Michelin’s till now. The tires are good for another 5-6 thousand kms. The next tire change would be definitely Michelin’s again.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed