Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 21:59   #271
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Update on my Elite CRDI Asta:
* Inquired about 3rd and 4th year extended warranty. He said the detail is received from company and starts from 31st Oct (along with Hyundai's free checkup camp starts on same day). For Elite Diesel, the 3rd and 4th year extn warranty cost is Rs.12440 (if obtained within 90 days from purchase of car) or higher if obtained after 90 days (don't remember but need to pay extra thousands). I am planning to get it on 1st Nov (my car is nearing 2 months).
Official prices are listed here: http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...dWarranty.aspx
needmorebhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 22:13   #272
Senior - BHPian

We have to hand it over to Hyundai Motor India for churning out blockbusters one after the other. I read elsewhere that the Korean automaker has garnered over 40,000 bookings for the new i20 since its launch. If true, this is truly turning out to be another sensational hit for Hyundai.
Old 29th October 2014, 23:01   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
We have to hand it over to Hyundai Motor India for churning out blockbusters one after the other. I read elsewhere that the Korean automaker has garnered over 40,000 bookings for the new i20 since its launch. If true, this is truly turning out to be another sensational hit for Hyundai.
If we dont consider Maruti-Suzuki, I believe that XUV500 was the second biggest hit in Indian market and Indica the first. XUV500 was and still is above 10L price, but managed good sales and still does more than reasonable from a brand known to make load lugging crude jeeps.
Indica was a different case altogether.

Coming back to Hyundai, I believe its not enough sensational. Reason : Grand I10 did not click the way it was expected to, Verna fading away and Elantra losing to Corolla despite lower price tag and yet offering a better diesel.

Now, the new i20, err Elite i20. If you closely observe then there is a huge overlap among Grand i10, Xcent and Elite i20. Elite i20 sales might be excellent, but at the same time, Grand i10 and Xcent sales reduce, or become stagnant. Grand i10 has 1.0 LPG, 1.1 Diesel and 1.2 Petrol but it still could not take down competition. I would agree that Elite i20 is a real huge hit if the sales of Grand i10 and Xcent do not suffer and yet the Elite i20 tops out Swift. Xcent, despite being much better overall than Amaze could not beat it. I believe that rather than increasing market share, what is happeing in Hyundai's case is cannibalization of Xcent/Grand i10.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th October 2014 at 23:04.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 23:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Thanks. But the one I mentioned above is not yet updated online (or I am unable to find it) and the price is an offer during the same period of free checkup camp starts from 31st Oct. I think the offer period / free checkup camp period would be for 2 weeks.

The above link shows the current price of 4th & 5th extn warraty as 15550 for Elite Diesel (slab 1). But I got the quote as 12440 for the same during above said 2 weeks period from 31st Oct. Please inquire with your dealer to double check it.
Old 30th October 2014, 07:27   #275
BHPian

I had my first free service yesterday for my i20 CRDI. I too asked them about ECU modification and they said they were not aware of any such thing. Then I demonstrated the issue with second gear stalling. When they returned the car they said they had made an adjustment with the clutch and this problem won't be there
Has anyone heard of this one before?
Old 30th October 2014, 17:19   #276

My first official post:

Took delivery of my Elite i20 today (Sportz, Petrol, Red Passion) today in Chennai. (Vinayak Hyundai, Tambaram).

Currently busy (in the process of courting the beauty) now. Will be posting a brief ownership review in due course. And btw, I should have asked about the ECU recall and other details, but forgot!!!

And about the above posts on cannibalization, I believe it is still a good strategy as at the end of the day, the customer stays with Hyundai. Liked the view point that the success is not necessarily of Elite i20, but of Hyundai (parent) by churning out models one after the another. However, going by the numbers 40k or even if it is 20k, Elite i20 could very well be termed a successful launch.

Though, obviously, Hyundai cannot be Maruti. Otherwise, who can sell the same vehicle Wagon R, Alto, Swift for years and years with minor cosmetic changes and still command market leadership. I tend to believe Hyundai is more unlucky when it comes to market share/ success!

P.S: Post from a Newbie BHPian. Apologies, if the views are naive!
Old 30th October 2014, 21:55   #277
BHPian

The Elite i20 has received 40,000 bookings as per IndiaAutoBlogs:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/10/h...ookings-154649

Its shipping considerably more than the 5,000 to 6,000 it was shipping with the older version.

No wonder Maruti also thinks that there is space above the swift and is bringing the YRA.
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 10:00   #278
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai service personnel aren't very knowledgeable. I dropped my Eon for service at Advaith and asked for AC filter, they argued till the cows came home that such part doesn't exist. I had to get the manual and educate them. Even when asked about Main Fuse to be removed when the car is not in use for months, I just got a blank stare! So it's always better to be armed with info before dealing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
I had my first free service yesterday for my i20 CRDI. I too asked them about ECU modification and they said they were not aware of any such thing. Then I demonstrated the issue with second gear stalling. When they returned the car they said they had made an adjustment with the clutch and this problem won't be there
Has anyone heard of this one before?
Old 31st October 2014, 10:24   #279

Slightly off-topic, Maruti Suzuki Swift's new version is not targeted as a direct competition with Elite i20. To me it looks like, they are not targeting this to the typical fuel efficient India (it has always been so), by marketing it with the 10% additional fuel efficiency USP.

So, a customer who is looking at Elite i20 might not look at Swift (new) and Maruti also probably realized that with the minor cosmetic changes/ incremental features, they dont stand a chance in converting a typical Elite i20 customer. Master stroke!

Looks like there is room for both cars in today's market with minimum overlaps although the target audience would be different for both (The younger tech/feature savvy Indian and the seasoned/ life time value seeking Indian!)
THREEK85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 17:32   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Hyundai Elite is a lovely looking car - to me it seems that the design team may have, in no mean measure, been inspired by the RR Evoque, especially when it comes to the rear three quarter black panelling and the rear wraparound lamps etc. Viewed in silhouette the car could pass for a baby RR Evoque at some angles!
Yes, the design look similar to Evoque. Somebody need to paint the top either white or black, A-pillars black on red i20, voila we have a mini-Evoque
Old 31st October 2014, 20:07   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
But in your pic the Auto mode has got disabled now and it is working like manual air con.

Is that the case?

Yes that is right . I found myself switching on the A/C with the auto button initially and then changed to the A/C button after i learnt that the Auto switch was programmed to bring in outside air at regular intervals.
Old 6th November 2014, 22:28   #282
BHPian

This can't be good http://www.ibtimes.co.in/car-makers-...-coming-613206
Old 11th November 2014, 18:22   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I had a question related to this. If suppose I book the car in December 2014 and I get the car sometime in Feb 2015. In between if the price of the car increases or decreases, do I pay the prevailing price of the car at the time of delivery or I pay the price which was when I booked the car in December?
Old 11th November 2014, 18:26   #284

Suppose I book the car in December 2014 and a car is allotted to me in Feb 2015, can I insist that the dealer give me a 2015 make model (in case the car allotted is a 2014 year make)?
Old 12th November 2014, 09:43   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
do I pay the prevailing price of the car at the time of delivery or I pay the price which was when I booked the car in December?
You always pay the price at the time of final delivery. Unless either you've paid full amount or you have a written confirmation from dealer of price lock, its always the prevailing price.

All the best!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks