Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2020, 11:19   #2836
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Maybe a noob query but I have no clue. I get this low battery indicator on my i20 Asta whenever the connection is via Bluetooth. The mobile battery is not low though.
Recently tested this and found it was showing the low battery indicator when the battery strength falls below 30%

Thanks,
TK
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:44   #2837
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai i20 premium hatchback has ditched the petrol CVT and diesel variants. Existing model will be available only with the petrol engine and manual transmission

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20discontinued.jpg

2020 Elite i20:

Quote:
The India-spec 2020 Hyundai i20 is expected to be available with an entry-level naturally aspirated 1.2-liter petrol engine and a 1.0-liter GDI turbo petrol unit. The diesel engine is likely to be the 1.2-liter BS6 diesel unit which made its debut with the Aura compact sedan. Another viable candidate is the 1.5-liter BS6 unit which also powers the Kia Seltos and the upcoming Creta 2020, albeit in a slightly tuned down version. The next gen hatchback will offer both manual and automatic transmission options.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2020 at 09:49.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:13   #2838
Senior - BHPian

I can understand ditching the diesel engines. But why ditch the CVT? Are they trying to help Altroz stay competitive? When everyone was ranting about lack of AT in Altroz, Hyundai does the unthinkable. Maybe this is a stop-gap till something new is launched in BS6. For now, Baleno has a clear edge.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 22nd January 2020 at 10:19.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:19   #2839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I can understand ditching the diesel engines. But why ditch the CVT? Are they trying to help Altroz stay competitive? When everyone was ranting about lack of AT in Altroz, Hyundai does the unthinkable. Baleno has a clear edge now.
The more likely reason is that they mean to bring in the 1 litre turbo petrol with the 7 speed DCT. Since the engine is now being used in the Venue, Aura and upcoming Kia CSUV they can have the benefit of mass production. The same holds true for the gearbox (not sure if it will come to Aura in the future).

This assumes more signifance since Altroz itself will come with a DCT.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:15   #2840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I can understand ditching the diesel engines. But why ditch the CVT? Are they trying to help Altroz stay competitive? When everyone was ranting about lack of AT in Altroz, Hyundai does the unthinkable. Maybe this is a stop-gap till something new is launched in BS6. For now, Baleno has a clear edge.
This is for the current generation car, correct? Next gen should come with a DCT. I don't know if the decision to discontinue the CVT is because of the complaints of low FE. i20 CVT gives pathetic FE and they must have been flooded with complaints.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 15:02   #2841
BHPian

Hi,

I recently got my 2016 Elite i20 CRDI serviced, and was surprised to see that they tried to charge me extra for labour for cabin air filter replacement (Rs 330) in addition to the labour amount for scheduled maintenance

Is that the usual practice now, because I dont remember paying that separately in the past?

Another weird charge was for cleaning the front and rear brakes, which they insisted was mandatory, but not included in the scheduled maintenance charges
Old 4th February 2020, 15:02   #2842
BHPian

Hi,

I recently face an issue in my I20 Asta Diesel.

During late night travel, when the outside temperature around 26 or less the AC does not work, just throwing warm air.

I tried setting the temperature to Low, tried Auto mode and Fan with full blower speed. Nothing works out.

issue is with Auto AC sensor?

Thank you.
Old 4th February 2020, 16:29   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
I tried setting the temperature to Low, tried Auto mode and Fan with full blower speed. Nothing works out.
I am also facing similar issues, but that's when outside temperature is less then 16 and after prolonged (2-3 hours) usage of AC with temperature set to 26 or 28.

Mine is from the first batch, 2014 CRDi Asta.
Old 4th February 2020, 16:51   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
I am also facing similar issues, but that's when outside temperature is less then 16 and after prolonged (2-3 hours) usage of AC with temperature set to 26 or 28.

Mine is from the first batch, 2014 CRDi Asta.
Mine is from 2015 CRDi Asta

usually I start around 4 in the evening from my native to chennai, which is around 600 KM distance. It will work fine till around 10 PM and the outside temperature is around 26. After that it will cause this issue. Even If I switch off the engine and start again after 15 minutes also didnt help.

I tried to set set the temperature to Low, still it did not work.

Thanks.
Old 4th February 2020, 19:08   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Hi,

I recently got my 2016 Elite i20 CRDI serviced, and was surprised to see that they tried to charge me extra for labour for cabin air filter replacement (Rs 330) in addition to the labour amount for scheduled maintenance

Is that the usual practice now, because I don't remember paying that separately in the past?
I have sold my i20 CRDi now but had similar experience about changing the cabin filter(I had changed mine to paper ones and hence warranted periodic replacement). I asked them to take it out and give it to me inside a box and I would fix it myself (Its a DIY and also mentioned here in the forum) also asked him how difficult or time consuming was it so that it required so much labour charge. He understood that in no way I would budge and knew how little effort it required to replace it, he ended up removing the charge.

Its a myth that Hyundai maintenance is cheap these days (more so with the labour charges they levy). Also, if I am right and remember well, I read somewhere about i20 being more expensive to maintain (labour/parts) than Verna/Creta which frankly was a surprise to me (if it is right) !
Rahul_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 08:07   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I have sold my i20 CRDi now but had similar experience about changing the cabin filter(I had changed mine to paper ones and hence warranted periodic replacement). I asked them to take it out and give it to me inside a box and I would fix it myself (Its a DIY and also mentioned here in the forum) also asked him how difficult or time consuming was it so that it required so much labour charge. He understood that in no way I would budge and knew how little effort it required to replace it, he ended up removing the charge.

Its a myth that Hyundai maintenance is cheap these days (more so with the labour charges they levy). Also, if I am right and remember well, I read somewhere about i20 being more expensive to maintain (labour/parts) than Verna/Creta which frankly was a surprise to me (if it is right) !
Even I get it in the packaging and just change it myself - the process is in the manual and will take you a max of 3 minutes to do it.... Its laughable how AS* tries to cheat customers by saying it requires so much labor - and how many people may have fallen to this enabling the service center to earn thousands !
Old 5th February 2020, 12:31   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post

Thank You!

They knocked off the charge for me as well, when I objected

Did you face the 'brake cleaning is mandatory, and extra' routine as well? I would assume that mandatory items should have been included in the scheduled maintenance charge
Old 5th February 2020, 13:56   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

Did you face the 'brake cleaning is mandatory, and extra' routine as well? I would assume that mandatory items should have been included in the scheduled maintenance charge
I was told the same thing in my last service that Break overhaul is mandatory and part of Hyundai Periodic Maintenance Service. I laughed at him and said "Aage Bado". I'm not buying this service.
atulsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 09:56   #2849
BHPian

Fellow i20 owners need some help. I have a 3.5 year old elite i20 crdi done around 45k kms. Offlate i have noticed that the ac blows out solid dust particles when AC is on fresh air mode.

As soon as inside circulation mode is turned on, everything seems to be fine. AC cabin filter was replaced during the 40k service.

Any suggestion would be helpful.
Old 8th February 2020, 10:08   #2850
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Fellow i20 owners need some help. I have a 3.5-year-old elite i20 CRDi done around 45k kms. Off late I have noticed that the ac blows out solid dust particles when AC is on fresh air mode.

As soon as inside circulation mode is turned on, everything seems to be fine. AC cabin filter was replaced during the 40k service.
When was the A/C filter changed last? I think you'll need to open the cowl panel and get it cleaned. Opening for the fresh air mode is underneath the cowl panel.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190130_1711141600x900.jpg

Above attached image, shows the inlet for the fresh air mode. Get the area cleaned once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks