Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 23:47   #2941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurupalani View Post
80-90 kmph was under 2000 rpm in 6th gear without much use of turbo.

Earlier, my fuel economy usually ranged from 16-17 kmpl. This time, it was over 20+ kmpl. I am now wondering the following:
1. Does turbo help in improving FE?
2. If I have to ride between 80-90 for long distance, would it be better if I ride in 5th gear (2000+ rpm, turbo kicked in) or in 6th gear (2000- rpm, no turbo) - purely in terms of FE.

Of course, I can do a quick run and experiment for point 2 above, but I'm looking for a theoretical answer.

Thanks
Palani
I'm afraid you have it quite backwards. If the turbo is active, it will consume quite a bit more fuel. Use it for acceleration and then stay out of turbo range while cruising.

Turbo making boost = more air being forced into cylinders = more fuel needs to be injected to maintain stoichiometric ratio and ensure proper combustion. This is what results in additional power compared to N/A engine of same size.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 00:55   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Hello Guys,

Can someone pls confirm, if Elite i20 Asta O CVT comes with wireless charger as standard?

I am specifically checking for 2019 October deliveries. MY July 2019.
Hello all Asta O versions irrespective of fuel and transmissi options are equipped with wireless charger.... mine is a Asta O Diesel MY March 2019
samuelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 10:40   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoholic31 View Post
Recently, I have started facing a very strange issue where whenever I'm in a traffic or idling, it either shuts down automatically or it starts making a sound like a tempo/generator (Kat Kat) with heavy vibrations and it goes away as soon as I start driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoholic31 View Post
I gave the car to HASS in Lucknow for engine stall and noise issues but they could not find the root cause of the same. The diesel filter was changed and regular service was done, however, after driving for around 20 KMs, the problem resurfaced.
Final update on this issue. Over the period of a few days the problem aggravated and I had to take the car to HASS again. As per them, the injector had gone kaput and the estimated cost of repair was to the north of 45K. As the car was out of warranty, hence took a chance, went to the nearby FNG and they advised me to use injector cleaner additives and see, which should solve the issue. Purchased a bottle of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge and used it on a tank full of diesel. Finally, I'm happy to report that the issue is resolved. Did a trip of around 3K kms without any issues. Now I'm regularly using Liqui Moly Super Diesel and I wish I knew this earlier .

Here is the video to show the extent of issue I was facing:

Cheers
motoholic31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 18:55   #2944
BANNED

Got the service estimate for my i20 Diesel which has clocked 50K kms from Lakhshmi Hyundai- Is this justified ? I feel the Labour charges are on the higher side. Thoughts please?

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-unnamed.jpg
Old 17th February 2022, 19:13   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Got the service estimate for my i20 Diesel which has clocked 50K kms from Lakhshmi Hyundai- Is this justified ? I feel the Labour charges are on the higher side. Thoughts please?

Attachment 2273801
Labour Detail point 5 & 6 is robbery.
Rest of the scheme of charges seem ok to me.
The charge for engine oil is on the higher side.
Try visiting/taking estimate from any other authorized service centre in nearby city.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 17th February 2022 at 19:35. Reason: Detail
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 18:52   #2946
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

I own a 2016 Elite I20 sportz. Due to pandemic I was away in my hometown for the major part of 2021 (9 months). Upon returning I took the car for service and the service advisor informed me that there is minor wobbling in the steering wheel which is due to flat spots in the tyre as it was parked for 9 months. I was told to drive around in the city and the flat spots should disappear. I did drive around for around 500kms in a mixture of city and short highway drives but didnot notice any wobbling issue and so i thought that the issue is resolved. In my recent drive to Kerala there was considerable wobbling and the steering was pulling to the left. So i took it to Hyundai service in Paravoor and they said the tyres need to be changed. I told him to do wheel balancing and alignment so that I can reach bangalore and do the needful.

Current situation is that the steering pull is no longer there but the wobbling issue continues. The tyres still have around 7-8k kms in them but I do not want to take any risk. Need your expert suggestions

Tyre dimension : 185/70 R14 non alloy
Tyre brand : Goodyear assurance (dealer provided at the time of purchase)

I am planning to change the front 2 wheels first followed by the rear wheels later.
Questions:
1) Is changing the front 2 tyres only recommended
2) which brand is best. The current set of Goodyear Assurance has some road noise especially on concrete surfaces.
3)If i choose a different brand then the front 2 wheels will have different brand wheels compared to the back. Hope that will not be an issue
4)Should I stick to Hyundai service center or explore some online/offline shops. Need suggestions
Old 6th March 2022, 00:31   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Dear Bhpians,

I am planning to change the front 2 wheels first followed by the rear wheels later.
Questions:
1) Is changing the front 2 tyres only recommended
2) which brand is best. The current set of Goodyear Assurance has some road noise especially on concrete surfaces.
3)If i choose a different brand then the front 2 wheels will have different brand wheels compared to the back. Hope that will not be an issue
4)Should I stick to Hyundai service center or explore some online/offline shops. Need suggestions

Please change all the tyres as soon as possible. Tyres are consumables which are meant to be changed anyway and neglecting this would just lead to compromising your steering rack and suspension leading to much more expensive problems down the lane. You can buy from any tyre shop, I do not recommend buying from hyundai dealer which would be marked-up for no reason.
Old 8th March 2022, 17:07   #2948
BANNED

I upgraded the Engine oil to Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 and immediately noticed drop in FE by 2-3 kms. The car also went through Oil Filter, Air Filter and Diesel Filter change. Have others also gone through the same ? If no, any possible fix to increase the FE?
Old 17th April 2022, 23:36   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
I upgraded the Engine oil to Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 and immediately noticed drop in FE by 2-3 kms. The car also went through Oil Filter, Air Filter and Diesel Filter change. Have others also gone through the same ? If no, any possible fix to increase the FE?
Interesting, my I20 petrol CVT was happily throwing 12-13kmpl after 3rd service a year ago. This time after the 4th paid service the car mileage, in similar conditions has gone down by 2-3kmpl. This post makes me realize the engine oil could be the culprit as nthng else seems to make sense yet.
Old 18th April 2022, 11:10   #2950
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
Interesting, my I20 petrol CVT was happily throwing 12-13kmpl after 3rd service a year ago. This time after the 4th paid service the car mileage, in similar conditions has gone down by 2-3kmpl. This post makes me realize the engine oil could be the culprit as nthng else seems to make sense yet.
Did you also switch to Helix 5W 40 and purchased from Amazon ?
Old 18th April 2022, 22:55   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Did you also switch to Helix 5W 40 and purchased from Amazon ?
Nope, but they changed engine oil in service and I'm assuming they used this brand. Last year after service the mileage jumped and now it fell down. I don't see any other explanation.
I have already seen the car react poorly to shell fuel and had to get the fuel tank cleaned once, maybe the engine oil is nasty for this make too. The SA mentioned some units don't react well to Shell fuel so I avoid anything Shell overall. Quite an irony honestly.
Old 26th May 2022, 17:39   #2952
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
So after running 2k kms I decided to experiment by changing the Oil to Mobil1 5W 30 and voila! The FE is back to normal
mohammedismail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 19:14   #2953

Fellow Bhpians,

I am seeking advice for my 2018 i20 Asta Crdi. The car has been used sparingly owing to COVID lockdowns and till date has run only 13,000 kms.

Since the past six months the car has been throwing up a ton of suspension noises (thuds and squeaks) when driven over potholes, speed breakers and rough roads. Besides this, on rotating the steering, while stationary, it makes creaking noises.

My assumption was the suspension bushings had worn out (a common issue with the elite i20 generation, as I had read here). However, Hyundai A.S.S tells me that a component of the steering had rusted (i forget which one) and that it will need a replacement costing me around Rs 12,000. The car was stuck in a flooded parking space for one day ( although the issues cropped up 3 months after that) and the service assistant has blamed flood water for the damage. However, i fail to understand how only my car was affected out of all the cars parked in the building ( maybe it's due to Hyundai's cost cutting practices which provide zero underbody protection)
Anyways, since the car is out of warranty, and I have zero trust in Hyundai's after- sale services ( I have had horrible experiences with Hyundai A.S.S), I am looking to get a second opinion and the work done eventually from my F.N.G. In the past week, the noises have gotten worse and the steering has become very vague and feels disconnected from the wheels. The car veers off-centre very aggressively so much so that I feel scared to drive it at higher speeds.

So I am seeking some advice from this forum's members on their suggestions as to what I should do and how I should proceed forward.

Thanks a lot
Old 10th July 2022, 01:31   #2954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSubham View Post
Fellow Bhpians,

Since the past six months the car has been throwing up a ton of suspension noises (thuds and squeaks) when driven over potholes, speed breakers and rough roads. Besides this, on rotating the steering, while stationary, it makes creaking noises.

, the noises have gotten worse and the steering has become very vague and feels disconnected from the wheels. The car veers off-centre very aggressively so much so that I feel scared to drive it at higher speeds.
That sounds very serious and is not just a simple bush issue. I would recommend visiting a garage as soon as possible for immediate repair. For the past 3-4 years my car has the suspension noise issue that I believe is the same as what other forum members have mentioned but its just that, an annoying noise that comes up every now and then while going slowly over large potholes with a lot of lateral movement. It has not compromised ride or steering in any way and I still takes corners perfectly even at high speeds. Don't be misled by thinking a car that has been stationary for long periods of time is as good as new.
Old 13th July 2022, 22:46   #2955
BHPian

I own a 2015 i20 Diesel Elite. I want to upgrade the headlamps and fog lamps to LEDs. Please suggest any available Plug n Play options. The HASS stated that they do not have any options.

Last edited by NirmalK : 13th July 2022 at 22:48. Reason: Grammatical error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks