Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 11:02   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hyundai service personnel aren't very knowledgeable. I dropped my Eon for service at Advaith and asked for AC filter, they argued till the cows came home that such part doesn't exist. I had to get the manual and educate them.
The AC filter bit might not be lack of knowledge, it might be laziness. Getting to the filter and cleaning/replacing it requires a variety of contortions, and I've found them reluctant to do this.

I once had a service advisor even tell me not to fit the AC filter, since it will clog up with dust, and cause reduced AC effectiveness. I almost wonder whether he wanted to set me up for an evaporator replacement (either by rusting/leakage) caused by this!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 21:42   #287
BHPian

I ve been a diehard core hyundai diesel fan since i started using verna vgt diesel since 2007.

Excellent refinement, little diesel clutter, premium feel is what makes hyundai way ahead of the competition.

Today i had a test driive of i20 was informed that the company has plans to launch a eco sports competitor on i20 platform.

this will rock. trust my words.

a perfect vehicle for the typical indian road condition.

hyundai way to go
Old 15th November 2014, 09:20   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The AC filter bit might not be lack of knowledge, it might be laziness. Getting to the filter and cleaning/replacing it requires a variety of contortions, and I've found them reluctant to do this.

I once had a service advisor even tell me not to fit the AC filter, since it will clog up with dust, and cause reduced AC effectiveness. I almost wonder whether he wanted to set me up for an evaporator replacement (either by rusting/leakage) caused by this!
I have had the ac filter removed in my 2006 Elantra and this is very common practice.
The reluctance you mentions stems not just from laziness but the fact that:
  • removal of the glove-box and one portion of the dashboard makes it prone to rattles
    our road conditions make this prone to getting clogged up often
Some may not agree with this, some will concur. This is akin to removing the small filters that all our bathroom taps have. Some keep these to trap the occasional sand particles and other debris, others remove this to trap these in the bucket instead.

Keeping the a/c mostly in circulation mode, with occasional fresh-air mode works for me.
carZest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 11:36   #289
BHPian

Hi,

Noticed that all of a sudden my car charger is not working :( Tried it on another car, works perfectly well, is there anything I can do? Too lazy to go all the way to the service center. The fuses look in order.

I20 elite Sportz petrol.

Another question I had was, in the review I see many options on the MID, even the options to configure it, somehow dont see them in my car, have not yet completely gone through the owners manual.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 15th November 2014, 12:45   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post

Another question I had was, in the review I see many options on the MID, even the options to configure it, somehow dont see them in my car, have not yet completely gone through the owners manual.

Regards
Shailesh

That's advanced supervision cluster which is available only in Asta. Did you notice that the steering controls are also different in Sportz?

I too have a Sportz petrol.

Cheers
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 22:33   #291
BHPian

After Long time, I got opportunity to book my first car Hyundai Elite i20 Asta Diesel, took the decision over my favorite VW Polo due to Hyundai's better after sales & service. I have booked Red Passion, but now thinking of changing it to Polar White as it is looking classy than Red. I opted for 2015 model, and the delivery date promised was 3rd week of Jan due to high number of bookings for Red. I have to check what would be the delivery date if I change it to white. The dealer is Kun Hyundai , Kharitabad (Hyderabad).

I am thinking of getting art leather seat covers of below attached model. It will match with black and beige theme of the dash.

Where can I get better vendors for seat covers around Madhapur/Jubilee hills.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-seat-covers.jpg
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another
within 30 minutes on the SAME THREAD!

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 16th November 2014 at 07:40.
Old 16th November 2014, 12:49   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Noticed that all of a sudden my car charger is not working :( Tried it on another car, works perfectly well, is there anything I can do? Too lazy to go all the way to the service center. The fuses look in order.

I20 elite Sportz petrol.

Regards
Shailesh
Hi,

Went to the Advaith ORR Service, they immediately checked and replaced a fuse, apparently I was checking the wrong fuse.

Anyone done an upgrade yet on the headlights? The throw seems less to me !

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 22:45   #293
BHPian

Just wondering if any of the owners of the i20 on this forum has installed a new horn. Is there a clamp where we can install a horn without removing the original horn?

Before I got my elite i20 had gone for a Volkswagen Polo demo and there was an interesting feature that was demonstrated. When you unlock the car and hold down the unlock button on the remote the windows would all roll down automatically. (This basically was in the case your car was parked in the hot sun). The elite i20 does not come with this feature but can someone throw some light on this topic please. Can this be included as part of some aftermarket mod. Just curious
Old 18th November 2014, 09:50   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
Just wondering if any of the owners of the i20 on this forum has installed a new horn. Is there a clamp where we can install a horn without removing the original horn?
I'm also looking to change the horns. Still undecided whether go for dual setting of stock and Hella Supertones or just go with the supertones. Do update whenever you change it. The cabbies and trucks just do not bother to give side on highways.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post

Before I got my elite i20 had gone for a Volkswagen Polo demo and there was an interesting feature that was demonstrated. When you unlock the car and hold down the unlock button on the remote the windows would all roll down automatically. (This basically was in the case your car was parked in the hot sun). The elite i20 does not come with this feature but can someone throw some light on this topic please. Can this be included as part of some aftermarket mod. Just curious
I had replaced the horns before I drove out of the showroom. Mine is an Asta variant and hence had dual horns from the factory. So there were couple of clamps for the new set. Also the default horns have connectors soldered on, hence you will have to splice wires to fit new ones.

Replacing the horns is a task in itself. You have to remove a few of the screws holding the front bumper to reach the clamps.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 12:09   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
I had replaced the horns before I drove out of the showroom. Mine is an Asta variant and hence had dual horns from the factory. So there were couple of clamps for the new set. Also the default horns have connectors soldered on, hence you will have to splice wires to fit new ones.

Replacing the horns is a task in itself. You have to remove a few of the screws holding the front bumper to reach the clamps.
Which horn did you go for? Any warranty issues with replacing the horns? Did you consider the dual setup?

Thanks for your help.
Old 18th November 2014, 12:38   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Which horn did you go for? Any warranty issues with replacing the horns? Did you consider the dual setup?

Thanks for your help.
I went for Roots dual horn which I had bought from Toyota SC. Have them on our Liva as well which made the decision easy w.r.t the tone. These are the dual horns that comes factory fitted on Innova - 1 high and the other low pitch. Cost was close to 700 INR and got it fitted from the dealer itself before driving out from the showroom.

The sales team was pitching for Bosch horns (a la-Skoda, they said), which I bought anyways since I had committed to the same while doing the PDI. There should not be any warranty issues, since the wires were not cut but only spliced. Had it been the Bosch horns, would have had to splice as well.
vinjosep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 14:42   #298
BHPian

Hi Guys

As pointed out in the review, the MID doesn't have the average fuel efficiency display? Does anyone know / have tried any tweak to have it added; since it's a software controlled one, is there a possibility that it can be done (without voiding the warranty). if this is possible, I guess the same could be applicable for the auto locking as well?

Cheers!
TurboTurtle
Old 19th November 2014, 13:15   #299
jdr
BHPian

I am wondering if it would be possible, and what it would take, to get the stiffer (and noiseless) suspension of the i20 elite onto its older sibling the 2012 i20?
Old 19th November 2014, 14:46   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
As pointed out in the review, the MID doesn't have the average fuel efficiency display? Does anyone know / have tried any tweak to have it added; since it's a software controlled one, is there a possibility that it can be done (without voiding the warranty). if this is possible, I guess the same could be applicable for the auto locking as well?
I requested HASS for the same during 1st service, they tried to activate it using G-Scan but they weren't able to activate auto locking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks