Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2014, 15:32   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAlpha View Post
I dint have money and I still bought i20. Here's why:

1. I'm stupid

2. @ INR 644,900 Ex, I got ~1400CC, 16" Alloy, Centre Armrest, Auto CC, Spacious Boot, ABS, Rear vent, Auto-folding/opening ORVMs, Electronic IRVM, Cooled Glove Box, 7-SPEED Gearbox etc...

3. When I take my Elite i20 for service, I will see only cars there

4. @INR 1,00,000 worth LOOKS!!!

Hope it helps, my friend!
Cheers!
I did have a check on the website. Assuming that you are in Gurgaon, there is NO variant matching the ex showroom price of 6.44L ! Now, matching it to the closest variant, which is 1.2 Kappa Sports (O) with the features you have listed.

I am still NOT aware of a 7 Speed gearbox (even after considering the reverse gear) for Elite i20 - so please enlighten us on your special order.

Could you clarify the 3rd point again? Which car manufacturer's service centre do you get to see anything else than cars?

Finally, 6,44L ex showroom is a GOOD money for a hatchback! So I would take that you are a very humble person if you declare you don't have money and could still buy this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th December 2014 at 15:36.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 17:18   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I did have a check on the website. Assuming that you are in Gurgaon, there is NO variant matching the ex showroom price of 6.44L ! Now, matching it to the closest variant, which is 1.2 Kappa Sports (O) with the features you have listed.

I am still NOT aware of a 7 Speed gearbox (even after considering the reverse gear) for Elite i20 - so please enlighten us on your special order.

Could you clarify the 3rd point again? Which car manufacturer's service centre do you get to see anything else than cars?

Finally, 6,44L ex showroom is a GOOD money for a hatchback! So I would take that you are a very humble person if you declare you don't have money and could still buy this.
Haha, I am loving this conversation. Just a few points from my side:

1. He says he got a 1400cc engine and 7 speed gearbox. Assuming 7 means 6+1, he's obviously got the Diesel Asta model. The petrol comes with a 1200cc engine and a 5+1 gearbox.

2. I paid 8.68 lakhs OTR to get the Diesel Asta (in Delhi). How on earth did he manage a 2.24 lakh discount?

3. When he takes his Elite i20 for service, he will see only cars there. That's because the Elite i20 is an ethereal machine, not to be confused with a car.

4. INR 100,000 worth of looks! So basically he paid 1 lakh for the looks and 6.44 lakhs for the rest of the car. Still a 1.24 lakh discount. Sob sob!
predatorwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 21:59   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
....2. I paid 8.68 lakhs OTR to get the Diesel Asta (in Delhi). How on earth did he manage a 2.24 lakh discount?

4. INR 100,000 worth of looks! So basically he paid 1 lakh for the looks and 6.44 lakhs for the rest of the car. Still a 1.24 lakh discount. Sob sob!
Missed the 1400cc part last time and thought it's the petrol he was talking about. I would be inclined to think he is talking about the CRDi Sportz (O) since the ex showroom price (NOT OTR) he said matches from the second digit onwards (probably a typo) and this variant has alloy wheels as well.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i20.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th December 2014 at 22:01.
Old 21st December 2014, 15:20   #349
BHPian

@carnerd

Even I had the same dilemma as you have. I finally took the courage to book the elite , even though it means being set back by atleast a lakh or two. I own an Indica Vista for the past 5 years and I thought I had had enough of owning a Tata car. I'd suggest that you go for the elite ( only if it suits your budget ).
nitindangoria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 17:47   #350
BHPian

Quote:
I dint have money and I still bought i20.
I too don't have money but I still want to buy a Mercedes Benz S-Class (Pullman Version). Would you please enlighten me as to how I should proceed with my desire?
CarNerd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 05:34   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Dear swiftnfurious,

I'm surprised that someone actually took the time to answer my post! My second post ever, and a 'Distinguished' Tbhpian holds up the hammer to it. Sir, before I clarify your doubts, please allow me to say that you I truly feel proud of my existence today.

1.) Please add INR 1,00,000 to the 6,44,900 and at 7,44,900 Ex showroom you can truly own a Sportz (O) in Gurgaon. After all, money for looks is also counted in the total cost of the car.

2.) 6 Fwd + 1 Reverse is technically a 7 Speed gearbox - IMHO

3.) At Hyundai service center I will only see cars - Well this one is a little hard to explain, but please allow me to try. And please remember this was a comment made to counter Tata Zest.

So, since ever I remember, the word TATA brings me the visual of a truck. No matter their success with Indica, Manza, Safari etc.. etc.. etc... but TATA still is a truck. Do they also make buses, Autos, Tempo-trailers, JCBs, and cranes. I don't know. But I visualize all of them standing in front of my car in line to get serviced. The same Charlie, who has just finished servicing a dumper truck, will now stick his cheek on the bonnet of my prized possession.
Now, I do have full regards for JRD and TATA owners and what they have done for Indian economy - GREAT! But I'd rather buy Hyundai who do just cars - at least in India for now. - Just my $0.02.

4.) I dint have money. Sure I dint. Gentlemen, & Ladies (if any) We are the citizens of 21st century, and have BANKS! The BANKS oblige us with the loan based on our re-paying capacity. Please go ahead and give one of those a call, and they will have you in their 'prospective slave' database until you actually give into your temptations and become one - just like I did.

Did I hear somebody say Mercedes ?

Once again, thank you for making my day. Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!
HighAlpha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:54   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3.) At Hyundai service center I will only see cars - Well this one is a little hard to explain, but please allow me to try. And please remember this was a comment made to counter Tata Zest.

So, since ever I remember, the word TATA brings me the visual of a truck. No matter their success with Indica, Manza, Safari etc.. etc.. etc... but TATA still is a truck. Do they also make buses, Autos, Tempo-trailers, JCBs, and cranes. I don't know. But I visualize all of them standing in front of my car in line to get serviced. The same Charlie, who has just finished servicing a dumper truck, will now stick his cheek on the bonnet of my prized possession.
Now, I do have full regards for JRD and TATA owners and what they have done for Indian economy - GREAT! But I'd rather buy Hyundai who do just cars - at least in India for now. - Just my $0.02.
Congratulations on your booking May you have lots of dream miles on the car!

Coming to your point about TATA, I disagree. Volvo makes world class buses, but at the same time, they provide some of the best cars in their respective price segment. I really dont think the 'BUS MAKER' image should be a deterrent. But unfortunately, I suppose people do that.

Secondly, Hyundai is going to provide i10s for taxi service, so should the 'TAXI MAKER' image change the perception of people about the rest of its products?

There is no denying that Tata had a lot of quality issues, but in the recent times, I havent seen any niggles thread or complains about the Safari Storme or Zest (which is comparatively too new to have its own sets of niggles).

But then again, to each its own
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 05:59   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your booking May you have lots of dream miles on the car!

Coming to your point about TATA, I disagree. Volvo makes world class buses, but at the same time, they provide some of the best cars in their respective price segment. I really dont think the 'BUS MAKER' image should be a deterrent. But unfortunately, I suppose people do that.

Secondly, Hyundai is going to provide i10s for taxi service, so should the 'TAXI MAKER' image change the perception of people about the rest of its products?

There is no denying that Tata had a lot of quality issues, but in the recent times, I havent seen any niggles thread or complains about the Safari Storme or Zest (which is comparatively too new to have its own sets of niggles).

But then again, to each its own

_raVan_,

Agreed, to an extent. I'm certainly not here to counter your opinion. But the question in my mind is, that even though Volvo makes some of the best cars in the world, then why is it not the highest selling car in the world, OR comes even close to being one-of-the highest selling cars in the world ?

Check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ng_automobiles

Its is Swedish, and outside Sweden it does not lead anywhere.

Why ?

Answer:

1.) Price
2.) ASS
3.) Poor marketing
4.) Main focus is trucks, buses and construction equipment: [SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo]

Do you notice any similarity with TATA here? Well they are better than TATA for at least they are leading in their own country of origin.

Coming back to Hyundai, even if i10 becomes a taxi, it still remains a car.

Some people will always remain nostalgic about Ambassador - as Taxi. However, is it still not the top choice for putting up a red beacon for any bureaucrat - even these days ? That's true swagger. That defines the character of the car, not taxi - even though we adore it as a taxi.

TATA has tried and done well improving themselves in past few years, but BOY don't they have some catching up to do. Until then, the character of all their motor vehicles comes down to that of a truck.
On the hindsight, JRD- Respect ; Ratan- Respect - I really do.

Cheers!
PS. Thank you for your wishes.
Old 26th December 2014, 12:32   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hi aspire,sandroidz80: did you get a chance to discuss this sound problem with the HASS? What was their response? Thanks.

I was able to take in my car to the service center and demo the issue esp on the slope. The senior service manager had a look at my issue since i had reported this during my initial service feedback call.

They have confirmed that this is indeed the ABS kicking in and is nothing to worry both from a safety and reliability standpoint. This they say is exactly how it was made to work esp when both the front wheels are not at the same level when braking.

Note from Support - Please avoid submitting an entire post in bold letters as it affects readability.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th December 2014 at 17:21. Reason: quote tags fixed
sandroidz80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 12:53   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
They have confirmed that this is indeed the ABS kicking in and is nothing to worry both from a safety and reliability standpoint. This they say is exactly how it was made to work esp when both the front wheels are not at the same level when braking.
Hi,

My wife took our car for the first service, as I am not in the country, they also checked and came to the same conclusion that it is the ABS.

The only other issue we faced is frequent blowing up of the fuse for the car charger, they ran some "GScan" and advised that the wiring and components are fine, and it could be a charger issue.

My charger is a Belkin dual charger, use only one port at a time, and is connected to my SJ4000 dash cam permanently. Anyone else having this fuse blowing issue?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 29th December 2014, 13:35   #356
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
My charger is a Belkin dual charger, use only one port at a time, and is connected to my SJ4000 dash cam permanently.
I did read somewhere about these dash cam's burning out the ports. Have you tried connecting something else - like a phone - over extended periods?
Old 29th December 2014, 15:35   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
I did read somewhere about these dash cam's burning out the ports. Have you tried connecting something else - like a phone - over extended periods?
Hi i10,

Is it? have never charge anything else for a long stretch, seems have to run the dash cam from a power bank now !

Please do share the link, where you read so.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 29th December 2014, 17:53   #358
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

My charger is a Belkin dual charger, use only one port at a time, and is connected to my SJ4000 dash cam permanently. Anyone else having this fuse blowing issue?

Regards
Shailesh
There are rampant fakes of the Belkin charger.
Buy something like this,http://www.amazon.in/Nokia-DC-20-Dual-USB-Charger/dp/B00CITXI7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419855748&sr=8-1&keywords=nokia+car
I have it and love it apart from the 1amp limitation.
Buy only as a fulfilled by amazon product.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:55   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
There are rampant fakes of the Belkin charger.
Buy something like this,http://www.amazon.in/Nokia-DC-20-Dua...ords=nokia+car
I have it and love it apart from the 1amp limitation.
Buy only as a fulfilled by amazon product.
Quite possible, had bought it here in Singapore, any way we can tell the original and fake apart? Any other recommendations.

This is the link for the product http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J071/ could the fuse be blowing because of the high rating 2.1 Amp per port?

Thanks
Shailesh

Last edited by aspire : 29th December 2014 at 17:58.
Old 29th December 2014, 18:24   #360
BANNED

Quote:
Quite possible, had bought it here in Singapore, any way we can tell the original and fake apart? Any other recommendations.

This is the link for the product http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8J071/ could the fuse be blowing because of the high rating 2.1 Amp per port?

Thanks
Shailesh
You could try the charger in another car, but I would just scrap it.
I don't think the AMP rating should matter. Get a nokia one from amazon. They're the ones that are actually certified. There's one for 400 but it has a non removable micro usb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks