Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 23:22   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAlpha View Post
...Now, I do have full regards for JRD and TATA owners and what they have done for Indian economy - GREAT! But I'd rather buy Hyundai who do just cars - at least in India for now. - Just my $0.02....
lol Who said?

Hyundai sells TV's too!!! Link. Remembered coz I've often seen them in malls.

Maybe even Mobiles/Speakers/Powerbanks : Link.

And even Elevators IIRC.

Also, would you choose a foreign brand, as against an Indian brand (one thats known to take keen interest in ventures that involve nation building etc), just because of your perception?

Anyway. Enjoy, happy miles

The Elite i20 is THE most brilliant design I could imagine would be used for a car in this segment. They've even seemingly used high quality parts (stuff like the indicator stalk etc) from the Santa Fe Parts Bin.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 29th December 2014 at 23:30.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:57   #362

Hello friends,

I booked an Elite i20 Asta (Petrol) yesterday. I had a few questions regarding the pricing for which I need help:

1. There is a component "Other Charges" which amounts to INR 6,300. When I asked the SA, he mentioned that this are the charges that the dealer incurs to process the car and get the clearance from the RTO. Do Hyundai dealers in other cities also charge this amount?

2. For the 3rd year extended warranty, the dealer is charging INR 6019. On the Hyundai website, the 3rd year extended warranty charges for Elite i20(P) is Rs. 3975. When I pointed this out, the SA said that the dealer amount is 3rd year warranty + RMK (Rubber Mat Kit). It seems they don't just give the 3rd year warranty and the buyer needs to also take the RMK. During the test drive, the SA had said that he will be providing the rubber mats and mud flaps for free but looks like that price was already factored in. Can I take the 3rd year extended warranty later (for example 3-6 months after getting the car)? Will I need to pay extra then? Can I directly take it from Hyundai or I need to buy the extended warranty through the dealer only?

3. I told the SA that I will inquire about the insurance premium outside. Initially he was reluctant. When I insisted, he said that I need to inform him within 2 days whether I will be taking the insurance from the dealer or from outside. I am looking for zero depreciation insurance cover. Need guidance on which insurance company to go for and how much it will cost? The dealer is charging Rs. 27,569 for zero depreciation insurance.

Both the Hyundai dealers in Pune are charging the same so I was wondering if all dealers in India also have the similar charges?

Your help and inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 30th December 2014, 12:34   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hello friends,

I booked an Elite i20 Asta (Petrol) yesterday. I had a few questions regarding the pricing for which I need help:
1. These charges are also called handling charges. All dealers charge this amount even though its illegal. Depends on you if you can get it off. Since elite i20 has waiting period and its in demand product, dealers are least compromising on this.

2. You can take extended warranty any time during your original warranty period. Go for it at a later date. Don't pay a single penny more. The cost of EW is a little more if you buy later, but the difference is just couple of hundred rupees. You can buy it from any dealer in the country, Just ensure that the warranty is being provided by Hyundai and not the dealer.

3. Go for Insurance from outside, check policybazaar or any other comparing site and buy directly from the company. Tip : Go for the company which has cashless tie up with your dealer/service center. You will definitely save money in the process.

Hope this helps.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd January 2015 at 07:50.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 13:00   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends,

1. There is a component "Other Charges" which amounts to INR 6,300. When I asked the SA, he mentioned that this are the charges that the dealer incurs to process the car and get the clearance from the RTO. Do Hyundai dealers in other cities also charge this amount?

2. For the 3rd year extended warranty, the dealer is charging INR 6019. On the Hyundai website, the 3rd year extended warranty charges for Elite i20(P) is Rs. 3975.

3. I am looking for zero depreciation insurance cover. Need guidance on which insurance company to go for and how much it will cost? The dealer is charging Rs. 27,569 for zero depreciation insurance.
1) The handling charge in Bengaluru is rs. 8000 and you have to pay it.

2) I think the extended warranty is unnecessary, so don't go for it at least for now.

3) Buy insurance from outside through insurance brokers or agencies... You can buy Zero Dep from Tata AIG for around 17,000 outside...
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 14:24   #365
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone tried removing the black vinyl from the C-pillar? Sorry if I have missed it. Was just trying it in photoshop and I think it really looks better without the black masking.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaielitei2005.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th December 2014 at 14:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 14:37   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post

2) I think the extended warranty is unnecessary, so don't go for it at least for now.

3) Buy insurance from outside through insurance brokers or agencies... You can buy Zero Dep from Tata AIG for around 17,000 outside...
I agree to your point 1 and 3, but point 2 in my opinion is an absolute must for complete peace of mind. TBHP recommends extended warranty, to be taken whenever it is available. I am assuming you meant "Do take it, but not now"?
Old 30th December 2014, 15:03   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Has anyone tried removing the black vinyl from the C-pillar?
I like it with that black piece on the C pillar. And its not vinyl but a plastic cladding. Looks good in person.

I think the car will look fantastic in black. That was a terrible miss by Hyundai. And all you need is the euro spec front bumper.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 17:08   #368
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think the car will look fantastic in black. That was a terrible miss by Hyundai. And all you need is the euro spec front bumper.
Makes me think - what would it take to make the proper front bumper made available after market? The on sale 4m rule is met, and the car looks complete after it
Old 30th December 2014, 23:04   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
I agree to your point 1 and 3, but point 2 in my opinion is an absolute must for complete peace of mind. TBHP recommends extended warranty, to be taken whenever it is available. I am assuming you meant "Do take it, but not now"?
I think it depends upon the usage and the cost of spares..
Since my usage is low, I don't find it necessary... Also I think that cars are well built nowadays and manufacturers should further work on improving quality instead of asking us to buy extended warranties which is another way of making money. The cars should come with a 3 year standard warranty in my opinion.
Old 31st December 2014, 09:45   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Has anyone tried removing the black vinyl from the C-pillar? Sorry if I have missed it. Was just trying it in photoshop and I think it really looks better without the black masking.
Woah CrAzY dRiVeR I think I like what I see here.

I honestly thought that this was a facelift of the Elite when I saw the pic for the first time !!

Looks very German now.
Vik0728 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 11:19   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
1. These charges are also called handling charges. All dealers charge this amount even though its illegal. Depends on you if you can get it off. Since elite i20 has waiting period and its in demand product, dealers are least compromising on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
No dealer can make you pay if you do not want to. In fact, the dealer is liable to get only the ex-showroom price of the car, you may opt for your insurance as well as get the car registered yourself (it is a hassle yes)

Calculate the road tax amount and pay a little extra (for processing charge at the RTO)

If they ask for handling charge, involve Hyundai India, write an e-mail, should help.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 11:31   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Looks very German now.
PS: Looks wise, it may be German, but when quality, suspension and ride comfort are taken into account then, its way behind Germans..
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 14:01   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Calculate the road tax amount and pay a little extra (for processing charge at the RTO)

If they ask for handling charge, involve Hyundai India, write an e-mail, should help.
Thanks for your feedback. Any idea how to calculate the Road tax amount for Maharashtra (Pune)? I searched on the web and calculated the amount at the website => http://mahatranscom.in/tax_calculation.aspx
For "Tax Calculation for non-transport vehicles", the Calculated Tax = 665915 * 7 /100 = Rs 46614.05

However in the quote from the dealer, the RTO Tax + Reg Fees = 60,876 INR

Would the registration fees be Rs. 14,262?

I searched in the Team BHP website and did not find anything related to RTO registration charges for Maharashtra (there is a thread on Bangalore).
Old 31st December 2014, 18:21   #374
Team-BHP Support

Ask the dealer for break-up. That should paint a clear picture. A well informed customer and someone who can escalate to Hyundai India should prove as deterrent.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:11   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
PS: Looks wise, it may be German, but when quality, suspension and ride comfort are taken into account then, its way behind Germans..
Then why is the Polo way behind the i20 in sales? The build quality of the Elite i20 is on par with the Germans. When it comes to looks, features, space, service & maintenance, the Germans are way behind in this segment...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks