Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 19:45   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

The elite i20 wins the Red Dot Design award.

http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/hyund...-award/10843/1
Old 4th April 2015, 22:32   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
the cabin was more spacious than that of Vento and City. A quick Google search confirms:
  1. Vento: width 1699 mm wheelbase 2552 mm
  2. City :: width 1695 mm wheelbase 2600 mm
  3. Verna: width 1700 mm wheelbase 2570 mm
  4. i20 ::: width 1734 mm wheelbase 2570 mm
There is a significant difference between the car's width and cabin room. I guess a more accurate dimension would be width of the rear seat.

The tables in Autocar India mention the rear seat dimensions.
Old 5th April 2015, 03:36   #573
BHPian

I will provide some update on my 'Gayatri v02' (elite i20 CRDi Asta), they are as follows:

1: The car went through it's first service recently at Sharayu Hyundai, which was free. During first service the guys at Sharayu Hyundai were able to put a nice dent on my bonnet's body line. Did ask them about them but they simply ignored my query and asked me to leave

2. I got seat covers, scuff plates, door protectors and Sparco antenna for the car and it has actually enhanced the look of the car

3. I have now received my Jopasu Car duster kit which is really helpful in keep dust off the 'passion red' color

4. The car has also faced good amount of wrath from locals who have put a deep scratch on left front door, deep thin scratch on left rear door and 3 deep scratchy streaks on the bonnet.

5. I am able to hear rattling sound from the front right door. Will give the car for rectification of the same. It's like kich-kich-kich-kich...

6. This has happened just twice in last 22 days. The front wiper stalk simply stopped working. The rear wiper action plus windshield washer mechanism still worked. Only restarting the car would solve the issue. Now it hasn't occurred for a long time.
Same thing happened for the electro chromatic rear view mirror, twice. Restarting the car solved the issue. Feels like I have bought a computer than a car.

I am quite happy with the purchase though minus the service experienced at Sharayu Hyundai. Hopefully my complaint (for dent) at HMIL would be taken seriously and resolved.

Regards
Dinesh Malhotra
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 11:21   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
The car went through it's first service recently at Sharayu Hyundai, which was free. During first service the guys at Sharayu Hyundai were able to put a nice dent on my bonnet's body line. Did ask them about them but they simply ignored my query and asked me to leave
Ignored query? How could you let them get away with it??

Quote:
2. I got seat covers, scuff plates, door protectors and Sparco antenna for the car and it has actually enhanced the look of the car
Please post more details, prices, pics for the benefit of other bhpians

Quote:
4. The car has also faced good amount of wrath from locals who have put a deep scratch on left front door, deep thin scratch on left rear door and 3 deep scratchy streaks on the bonnet.
Whoa! Locals seem to to have their own interpretation of "breaking in" a new car

Quote:
5. I am able to hear rattling sound from the front right door. Will give the car for rectification of the same. It's like kich-kich-kich-kich...

6. This has happened just twice in last 22 days. The front wiper stalk simply stopped working. The rear wiper action plus windshield washer mechanism still worked. Only restarting the car would solve the issue. Now it hasn't occurred for a long time.

Same thing happened for the electro chromatic rear view mirror, twice. Restarting the car solved the issue. Feels like I have bought a computer than a car.
These were not flagged in the first service?
Old 5th April 2015, 16:58   #575
BHPian

Got the 2nd service done on my i20( petrol ). The total cost was 1700 bucks which includes the cost of mirror housing of the right ORVM. The mirror was broken by a stupid village bike guy who carry as much load as an auto.

The LED plastic housing also has cracked and water is entering into it. For this the ASS is saying that the ORVM has to be replaced. Does the LEDs not come as a separate part? Thinking of putting some transparent tape for the time being.

I am happy that the service was done to my satisfaction. The ODO is at 9100 KMs. No major niggles to report.
Old 6th April 2015, 04:14   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Ignored query? How could you let them get away with it??

Please post more details, prices, pics for the benefit of other bhpians

Whoa! Locals seem to to have their own interpretation of "breaking in" a new car

These were not flagged in the first service?
Hi Naru,

I will be taking this ahead strongly with HMIL and Sharayu. I am sending them mails today itself. (dent on bonnet case)

With regards to the electric failure as I could not recreate the same and the issue never occurred after first two days of ownership and didn't even show up on G-Scan, guys from Sharayu Hyundai suggested me to continue to use the car and if it happens even once again to record and share with them. They will take some measures to rectify the same.
Old 7th April 2015, 07:35   #577
Senior - BHPian

Owners of Elite,
Do you take the Engine Oil with you while replacing the same at HASC or use the one provided at HASC?
If its former, don't the HASC object on this? Also which Diesel Engine oil do you use (CRDI Elite Owners)?
Old 7th April 2015, 09:12   #578
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Owners of Elite,
Do you take the Engine Oil with you while replacing the same at HASC or use the one provided at HASC?
If its former, don't the HASC object on this? Also which Diesel Engine oil do you use (CRDI Elite Owners)?
It depends on the relation/rapport you have with the SA you deal with. Certain times they object but certain times they are ignorant as long as it is done at the ASC. Just the fact that the specification should match that are given my OEM to what oil you are carrying - If they meet then there is no question of objection.

I don't own the Elite but just commented keeping my experience in mind.
Old 8th April 2015, 10:02   #579

Hi All,

I got the delivery of my diesel elite i20 last month. Upon asking the dealer, I learnt that I can't install a Pin-Type Gear Lock on any diesel elite i20 and can only install a U-Type gear lock. I don't trust the dealer but I have heard this from many auto-accessories shop-owners. I inquired from an Autocop installation guy outside a workshop and even he seems to have the same answer.

However, my friend took me to his trusted auto-accessories shop-owner. That guy has some different brand of Pin-Type gear lock which he says can be installed and claims to have installed on 2 diesel i20s.

My only question, can I get a Pin-Type gear lock installed on my diesel elite i20? or am I missing some information here about gear locks?
Old 9th April 2015, 12:31   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
I checked with just one dealer, I am thinking of going to another one tomorrow and see what kind of average delivery time he says, I might shift the booking to him if it is considerably less.

The break up of the pricing is as follows:

Price Ex-Showroom: 6,96,421
Insurance : 28,742 -- I told them that I will take care of this
RTO Stuff : 63622
Handling Charges : 6300
Registration Number Place : 6019 -- This is too much IMHO

I am going to ask the dealer for my Booking ID, is there any way I can keep a track of it? I have a feeling that people with connections are going to pull strings and get their work done and I might keep getting pushed to the end of the queue.

Thanks.

Hi Saket, Did you get the delivery of your Elite i20? I am still waiting for my car and everytime I call the dealer he keeps mentioning that order is in progress and I will get it in 10-15 days.
Old 9th April 2015, 12:41   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hi Saket, Did you get the delivery of your Elite i20? I am still waiting for my car and everytime I call the dealer he keeps mentioning that order is in progress and I will get it in 10-15 days.
I was looking for the i20 petrol in Pune. Ishanya said 1-2 months, but have a bad rep in terms of commitment. I was very happy with Kothari Hyundai, SA Shubham to be specific. He told me that dealership is committing 2 months, but delays from factory makes it safe to assume 3-4 months also. Couldn't wait for so long, went the pre owned route and got a 2014 Vento petrol highline

I'd recommend staying away from Sanjay Hyundai, absolutely pathetic service post delivery.
Old 9th April 2015, 12:44   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hello,

Me neither, the sales guy who sold me the car kept saying that there is a really high possibility that I will get the car in April and said that Kothari Hyundai receives the car allotment email on the 5th of every month.

I called him on the 6th and he told me that I had not been allotted any car in this months stock by Hyundai.

However, a friend of mine ordered the Magna(Passion Red) from Garve Hyundai and he got it in three weeks.

I have a feeling that these guys are selling our bookings to people who are ready to pay more to get it delivered on the 21st of April which is Akshay Tritiya.

What story is your dealer telling?
Old 9th April 2015, 14:19   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hello,

Me neither, the sales guy who sold me the car kept saying that there is a really high possibility that I will get the car in April and said that Kothari Hyundai receives the car allotment email on the 5th of every month.

I called him on the 6th and he told me that I had not been allotted any car in this months stock by Hyundai.

However, a friend of mine ordered the Magna(Passion Red) from Garve Hyundai and he got it in three weeks.

I have a feeling that these guys are selling our bookings to people who are ready to pay more to get it delivered on the 21st of April which is Akshay Tritiya.

What story is your dealer telling?
Hi Saket,

At the time of booking the SA @ Sanjay Hyundai had told me that he will try and get me the delivery by Feb end and worst case scenario by March. However in March he mentioned that the dealer had informed HMIL late and hence I would get the delivery only in first week of April. When I called him today, he said that there has been some delays and I will get it after 2 weeks.

The whole car booking should be transparent. HMIL should allow online booking of the car with the option to select from which dealer the delivery will happen. Once the booking happens, we should be able to track the status of the car online (when the assembly happened, when it got shipped, etc.) When most of the things are moving online why are the car companies not making the whole process online and transparent !
Old 9th April 2015, 14:37   #584
BHPian

An interesting piece of information that I came to know today from a sales manager with Garve Hyundai Pune.

Apparently, below is the way how Hyundai allocation works.

On the 10th of every month, Hyundai Motors India Limited sends emails to their dealers across India.

This email includes information regarding the inventory which they will receive for the month.
For example:
10 x I20 Magna Petrol
10 x I20 Asta Diesel ... and so on.

Once the dealers receive this, they are supposed to then put in their color orders based on the numerical order of bookings that they have received for respective models.

In case they have no bookings, or the allocations exceed the booking numbers, they will order a color of their choice and this is what becomes their stock.

This makes a lot of sense, so the SA is just spinning tales when he/she says that they do not control what color HMIL sends.

I hope this helps many people who have ordered Hyundai cars and are waiting for them to get delivered.
snowmane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 17:45   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion27 View Post
Hi All,

I got the delivery of my diesel elite i20 last month. Upon asking the dealer, I learnt that I can't install a Pin-Type Gear Lock on any diesel elite i20 and can only install a U-Type gear lock.
=======
My only question, can I get a Pin-Type gear lock installed on my diesel elite i20? or am I missing some information here about gear locks?
you can ask that dealer to show you a demo version on how he is going to install the pin type lock. and ask him if it is possible to get it installed on the left side in order to lock it in reverse position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks