Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 16:48   #781

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello fellow i20'ers. New guy here.

Do you think the stock headlamp units are powerful enough? I find them inadequate, but I don't know if it its the bulbs Hyundai puts in i20s, or simply incoming traffic's high beams messing up my vision.
Old 16th June 2015, 17:36   #782
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 with new infotainment system launch on 8th July.

See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/aut....3vem1leb.dpuf

Quote:
1. The new touchscreen multimedia system will be added to the top end variant(s) of the Hyundai Elite i20 and will be launched on 8th July, which is also the launch date of the new Honda Jazz.

2. Hyundai is expected to launch the new touchscreen multimedia system equipped variants of the Elite i20 with minimal or no price increase.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 17:37   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancephelps View Post

Do you think the stock headlamp units are powerful enough? I find them inadequate, but I don't know if it its the bulbs Hyundai puts in i20s, or simply incoming traffic's high beams messing up my vision.
Howdy!

Welcome to Team-Bhp!

It's a common consensus here that the i20 hasn't got the best headlights in the business.

Folks have reported misalignment to poor quality of bulbs as the reason for the same.

So, you're definitely not alone on this point of view.

If you read some posts in the previous pages, I'm sure you'll find the same feedback from the actual owners.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 20:03   #784
BHPian

Quote:

Fellow elite i20 owner here.
I find the stock headlights more than adequate, both in city as well as highway driving.
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 21:11   #785
BHPian

Quote:

Don't worry in sometime your eyes will get use to them. I had an initial trouble and complain against the headlamps, but after 23k on ODO and a couple of highway drives, I can safetly say that my eyes are now used to the illumination created by headlamps and I now find them adequate enough.

Still, if I you will ask me to rate the headlamps, it will be a 04/10
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 23:11   #786
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Man,

The headlights of elite i20 are pretty good. I drive a lot, both, in the city and highway as well. What you must take note of is the common issue that was diagnosed to be the misalignment of the headlights for poor road visibility. A small visit to your ASC will help you through this. Ask them to align them properly.

If you are still not satisfied, feel free to replace the bulbs that are in them with 'Philips Extreme Vision'. Please replace with bulbs of same specification as your existing ones are. Will cost you somewhere between 1200-1400 Rs for a pair. Expect 25-30% increase in brightness and not necessarily in the spread. This keeps your warranty intact.

If, even this fails, a visit to aftermarket installer will be needed. Please connect with your nearest ASC to sort your warranty concerns firsthand for such aftermarket installations.

Hope this helps.

Dinesh Malhotra
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 18:12   #787
BHPian

Gentlemen!

We'll be going to do the PDI for our elite i20 Asta CRDi tomorrow morning.

Apart from the usual stuff, are there any specific issues/areas of concern that we need to cover specifically?

If you have any pointers, please do share at the earliest.

Thanks & cheers!
Old 17th June 2015, 18:59   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Congratulations.

Most of us observed the tyre pressures to be in excess of 40 PSI, mine was at a 44 PSI, probably something that you may want to get addressed pre or post the delivery.
Old 17th June 2015, 19:01   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen!

We'll be going to do the PDI for our elite i20 Asta CRDi tomorrow morning.

Apart from the usual stuff, are there any specific issues/areas of concern that we need to cover specifically?

Thanks & cheers!
I think the checklist is more than exhaustive, but one thing that people forget is to check the air pressure, it would have been pumped up to 40 psi by Hyundai!
Old 17th June 2015, 20:24   #790
BHPian

Hi, I have bought DRLs and Brakelight flasher for the elite. My service center told me it will void the warranty. Is it true? Also an accessories shop told me, they can fix it, but they have to cut wires. Is there any way we can fix it without cutting the wires and without losing warranty? Anyone from kerala here?
Old 18th June 2015, 00:39   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi, I have bought DRLs and Brakelight flasher for the elite. My service center told me it will void the warranty. Is it true? Also an accessories shop told me, they can fix it, but they have to cut wires. Is there any way we can fix it without cutting the wires and without losing warranty? Anyone from kerala here?
Hi Vishnu,

Cutting any of the wires would surely give a chance to your ASC to create fuss for any warranty work that involves the electricals. It's better to stay away from these or use plug & play kits.
Old 18th June 2015, 15:09   #792

Quote:
Howdy!
Welcome to Team-Bhp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Don't worry in sometime your eyes will get use to them. I had an initial trouble and complain against the headlamps, but after 23k on ODO and a couple of highway drives, I can safetly say that my eyes are now used to the illumination created by headlamps and I now find them adequate enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Man,
The headlights of elite i20 are pretty good. I drive a lot, both, in the city and highway as well. What you must take note of is the common issue that was diagnosed to be the misalignment of the headlights for poor road visibility. A small visit to your ASC will help you through this. Ask them to align them properly.
Thank you all for replies. Will get the bulb alignment checked. Although I suspect I will have to go for aftermarket bulbs.

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 15:20. Reason: Formatted post. Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 18th June 2015, 22:02   #793
BHPian

Saw this i20 being tested a few days. Just guessing it could be the CNG(?) version ...

Old 19th June 2015, 15:53   #794
BHPian

Good folk of team-bhp!

We completed the PDI, satisfactorily I might add, & have found the car is manufactured in June which is absolutely great! 19th digit of the VIN is F.

Will be sending the car for registration on Monday, and hopefully delivery will be done by Thursday or Friday.

Very excited!

Thanks to all who've shared their valuable feedback and comments on this thread
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 16:54   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
Saw this i20 being tested a few days. Just guessing it could be the CNG(?) version ...
Hi. All I can make out is a pretty beaten up, abused i20!!

From where and how did you deduce that this is a CNG variant?
No indications anywhere suggesting that this will be a CNG.

Infact, closely watched the last few seconds to see if the rear suspension sags a bit. No indication here as well!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks