Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 20:55   #946
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Is it possible to install 'eyebrow DRLs' inside the stock i20 headlamps? I have seen after market projector headlamps with such a setup as in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-led.jpg  

Old 9th August 2015, 21:12   #947
BANNED

Someone asked about opening locks silently. The attached image shows the key combinations for a 2 and 3 button autocop system.

A couple of irritating things in this car. If you set your phone GPS to give directions and place it in the hollow below the AC you can't see the phone! It's covered with the gear lever!

Second, the control stalks are covered with the horizontal arms of the steering wheel. Meaning you can't see what position the wipers or lights are!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-image.jpg  

hangover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 00:22   #948
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Someone asked about opening locks silently. The attached image shows the key combinations for a 2 and 3 button autocop system.
Thank you! Perhaps Nagato710 and/or vishnurajanme can try the "silent" combination for the 3-button remote. They've already tried the method mentioned for the 2-button remote and it didn't work, but there is a chance that the method described for the 3-button remote may work (as the Hyundai key also has 3 buttons, the third one being the button to unlock the boot).

Last edited by RSR : 10th August 2015 at 00:25.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:39   #949
BHPian

I was quite surprised this morning to see the Outside temperature indicator in the instrument cluster displaying "---C" without any reading and continuously blinking.

To my knowledge i suspect malfunction in the temperature sensor that has caused this issue.

Can you please suggest what could be the reason behind this?
Old 11th August 2015, 13:11   #950
BANNED

I own a i20 elite pertrol model and getting mileage of not more than 11 kmpl.
Could somebody suggest the ideal tyre pressure ?
Old 11th August 2015, 13:54   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
I own a i20 elite pertrol model and getting mileage of not more than 11 kmpl.
Could somebody suggest the ideal tyre pressure ?
Hi,

33 seems to be the recommended pressure, I also had asked this question some days back, earlier was maintaining 32.

11 is a bit on the lower side, mine hovers around 12.5-13 in BLR traffic!

Regards
Shailesh
Old 11th August 2015, 14:35   #952
BANNED

@aspire thank you for the information I am now at 32 let's see if that makes the difference.
Old 13th August 2015, 04:28   #953
BHPian

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with my i20. There is a Tak sound that started at 18K KMS when the steering was turned with the vehicle standstill but engine running. During 20k service I told the service advisor about it & he told me that the links have to be tightened. Which he said he did during service. Now at 21K KMS I am getting this sound while driving also. kindly advice what the issue can be.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:42   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi All,

I am facing an issue with my i20. There is a Tak sound that started at 18K KMS when the steering was turned with the vehicle standstill but engine running. During 20k service I told the service advisor about it & he told me that the links have to be tightened. Which he said he did during service. Now at 21K KMS I am getting this sound while driving also. kindly advice what the issue can be.
Was this an Elite i20 or the previous generation we are discussing?
Old 13th August 2015, 19:58   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Was this an Elite i20 or the previous generation we are discussing?
No, this is the latest its a Nov. 2014 model
Old 13th August 2015, 23:00   #956
BHPian

Quote:
No, this is the latest its a Nov. 2014 model
That's started to sound scary.

More details on the problem please, also the variant details. Did you visit the service centre again? Whats the nature of the roads you drove after the last service? Is the sound random? Only when you turn the steering to a particular side?
Old 14th August 2015, 02:16   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
That's started to sound scary.

More details on the problem please, also the variant details. Did you visit the service centre again? Whats the nature of the roads you drove after the last service? Is the sound random? Only when you turn the steering to a particular side?
Hi Joseph,

I drive daily about 60km in city traffic, no rough roads. This sound is coming randomly when I turn the steering left or right. I plan to visit the service center next week as I am busy now.
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 13:11   #958
BHPian

Dear fellow Elite owners, I had inquired with Modi Hyundai for projectors more out of curiosity rather than any intent. I have been quoted 28K for the projectors all inclusive with a year's warranty.
However what worries me is the fact that they will be opening up the headlight for installing the projector. I know I am skeptical but I am a firm believer that once things like headlights are opened there is a very high likelihood of things can go wrong. I don't want to have issues of leakages and 1 projector not working (which I have seen in earlier XUV500's) and honestly that doesn't look good at all.
Also I have the Asta model and I love the Auto headlamps feature, which I am worried might not work once the headlamps are upgraded.

Guys please share any past experiences or what you feel about such an upgrade. Has any one done this upgrade?
Old 16th August 2015, 03:14   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Dear fellow Elite owners, I had inquired with Modi Hyundai for projectors more out of curiosity rather than any intent. I have been quoted 28K for the projectors all inclusive with a year's warranty.
However what worries me is the fact that they will be opening up the headlight for installing the projector. I know I am skeptical but I am a firm believer that once things like headlights are opened there is a very high likelihood of things can go wrong. I don't want to have issues of leakages and 1 projector not working (which I have seen in earlier XUV500's) and honestly that doesn't look good at all.
Also I have the Asta model and I love the Auto headlamps feature, which I am worried might not work once the headlamps are upgraded.

Guys please share any past experiences or what you feel about such an upgrade. Has any one done this upgrade?
Hi,

Are they installing the projectors that come exactly as on elite i20 active? Or the after market ones which they sell from their tie-ups?

Stay away from the after market ones! Buy the ones that are on elite i20 active.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 08:02   #960
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Hi Joseph,

I drive daily about 60km in city traffic, no rough roads. This sound is coming randomly when I turn the steering left or right. I plan to visit the service center next week as I am busy now.

Typically this sound is associated with the drive shaft going bust. Should be in the 2k price price range for each drive shaft but the price information may be wrong as I had last changed it over 5 years ago (and I don't have an i20)

Normally the sound comes when you turn, and even more so when you turn AND accelerate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks