Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 09:07   #1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Leave it in Auto and forget about it. That's what I do.
Isn't it true that turning on the engine with lights on causes the battery to be overloaded or a blown fuse? I read this somewhere and I'm not sure if it's the same with modern cars like i20.
Old 14th November 2015, 01:25   #1202
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the AVN is available only in Asta (O). If so, can it be purchased as an accessory from the dealer?
Old 14th November 2015, 07:45   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
Isn't it true that turning on the engine with lights on causes the battery to be overloaded or a blown fuse? I read this somewhere and I'm not sure if it's the same with modern cars like i20.
When the engine is switched on, the headlights go off automatically and come back on in auto mode.
Old 16th November 2015, 13:00   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the AVN is available only in Asta (O). If so, can it be purchased as an accessory from the dealer?
Yes that is true & yes it can be purchased, however you might get a cheap Chinese make. Please be cautious of the AVN being provided. Refer to this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3821932

Quote:
When the engine is switched on, the headlights go off automatically and come back on in auto mode.
What about cabin lights. Since the cabin lights stay on for at least 5 seconds after i have closed all doors. I usually manually switch off the cabin lights before hitting ignition.
Old 16th November 2015, 13:04   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
What about cabin lights. Since the cabin lights stay on for at least 5 seconds after i have closed all doors. I usually manually switch off the cabin lights before hitting ignition.
Hit the central locking button before you start the car. The cabin lights will dim & then turn off immediately. Then you can start the car.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:32   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good to know. This feature was extremely useful in the bad weather in Chennai, the last few days.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:14   #1207

Hi All.
A weird thing happening in my car.
AC is shut off and fans aren't running either, at times I can feel warm air coming from the AC vents. The flow of air is very less but when I put my fingers in the vents, I can feel slight warm air coming from it.
Anyone experiencing it?
I noticed it today only as the temperature is very low in the city.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:22   #1208
BHPian

Hey everyone,

Just received my VIN number and the SA said that he would send the car for registration tomorrow.

I checked the VIN on the site http://www.vindecoderz.com/, it says its a 2015 model but the mileage as 524 km.

Is that normal/accurate?

Please guide me if i need to tell him not to go for registration tomorrow

Thanks,
Old 17th November 2015, 18:49   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Hey everyone,

I checked the VIN on the site http://www.vindecoderz.com/, it says its a 2015 model but the mileage as 524 km.

Thanks,
524 KM?

It should not be. I am also taking delivery tomorrow and the current ODO is 8KM.

You may need to check again.
vnagarajs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 19:05   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi All.
A weird thing happening in my car.
AC is shut off and fans aren't running either, at times I can feel warm air coming from the AC vents. The flow of air is very less but when I put my fingers in the vents, I can feel slight warm air coming from it.
Anyone experiencing it?
I noticed it today only as the temperature is very low in the city.
Check for the Air circulation mode, it seems that outside air is getting into the cabin.
Old 17th November 2015, 19:07   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey everyone,

Just received my VIN number and the SA said that he would send the car for registration tomorrow.

Is that normal/accurate?

Please guide me if i need to tell him not to go for registration tomorrow

Thanks,
This mileage of 524 km is not the actual mileage of the car; it is what the website http://www.vindecoderz.com/ indicates.

Just now, I tried to decode the VIN of my BIL's Honda City here. It is showing the car as Hyundai Genesis ! So this site seems to have database of some other country.

Pl check the VIN using the key provided on this forum and take the actual mileage from the ODO of the car.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 19:08   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
524 KM?

It should not be. I am also taking delivery tomorrow and the current ODO is 8KM.

You may need to check again.
As per the link it says 524KM not sure if that is accurate, the SA said that the car has not yet arrived and is still in transit, he expects it to come tonight and he would take it for registration tomorrow.

I haven't seen the car physically and not sure if i can do it tomorrow as well, so wanted to know if the link gives out accurate information or if there is something for me to worry about
Old 17th November 2015, 20:46   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
As per the link it says 524KM not sure if that is accurate, the SA said that the car has not yet arrived and is still in transit, he expects it to come tonight and he would take it for registration tomorrow.

I haven't seen the car physically and not sure if i can do it tomorrow as well, so wanted to know if the link gives out accurate information or if there is something for me to worry about
Best thing to do is to give the car a lookover once it reaches the dealers yard and BEFORE it is sent for registration. Take the tbhp PDI checklist and make sure you are satisfied before sending it to get registered.
Old 18th November 2015, 13:14   #1214
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Today i went to HASS to get my i20 checked for some noise that is coming from front while going over slightly bad roads and speed-breakers in morning time (not after that), after discussing the problem with my friend who also owns a petrol i20 and clocked 13k kms, had same problem some time back. The SA told me that, the problem is with the "bushes" which are connected to the balancing rod. I asked him, my vehicle has run only 5k kms, and also i drive it very sensibly are carefully, to which he replied that, its a manufacturing defect with the bushes and many of customers reported the same issue (including my friend also) and they have already got orders from Hyundai to change these bushes free of cost in vehicles at that time of service or if any customers comes up with the problem of noise. So strange to hear hear that Hyundai is secretly planing this bush changing exercise.
Dieseldrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 16:01   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
Today i went to HASS to get my i20 checked for some noise that is coming from front while going over slightly bad roads and speed-breakers in morning time (not after that), after discussing the problem with my friend who also owns a petrol i20 and clocked 13k kms, had same problem some time back. The SA told me that, the problem is with the "bushes" which are connected to the balancing rod. I asked him, my vehicle has run only 5k kms, and also i drive it very sensibly are carefully, to which he replied that, its a manufacturing defect with the bushes and many of customers reported the same issue (including my friend also) and they have already got orders from Hyundai to change these bushes free of cost in vehicles at that time of service or if any customers comes up with the problem of noise. So strange to hear hear that Hyundai is secretly planing this bush changing exercise.
I am glad Hyundai is taking action. I am just off the first service this week and just could not make the SA understand what the problem was with the noise. Especially since it happens only in the morning time (during the first 1-2kms) of travel. Wonder how we can get an official announcement from Hyundai. Since the SA here is clueless of this issue.

Most Viewed