Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 21:31   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
Today i went to HASS to get my i20 checked for some noise that is coming from front while going over slightly bad roads and speed-breakers in morning time (not after that), after discussing the problem with my friend who also owns a petrol i20 and clocked 13k kms, had same problem some time back. The SA told me that, the problem is with the "bushes" which are connected to the balancing rod. I asked him, my vehicle has run only 5k kms, and also i drive it very sensibly are carefully, to which he replied that, its a manufacturing defect with the bushes and many of customers reported the same issue (including my friend also) and they have already got orders from Hyundai to change these bushes free of cost in vehicles at that time of service or if any customers comes up with the problem of noise. So strange to hear hear that Hyundai is secretly planing this bush changing exercise.
Hi, for me also some slight sound is coming from the passenger side when travelling at high speeds. It is somewhere near from the door side. Not rattling. But it sounds like some screw is loose inside the door panel. But only sometime it happens. Are you getting the same sound?
Old 18th November 2015, 22:26   #1217
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Best thing to do is to give the car a lookover once it reaches the dealers yard and BEFORE it is sent for registration. Take the tbhp PDI checklist and make sure you are satisfied before sending it to get registered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
524 KM?

It should not be. I am also taking delivery tomorrow and the current ODO is 8KM.

You may need to check again.

Thanks for the updates, praveen_v and vnagarajs.

Though i was unable to do the PDI myself, my dad visited the stockyard today, and he actually saw the cars being offloaded from the truck.

He also did the PDI (with my verbal instructions over phone ) and saw that there was nothing alarming and the ODO read 7 Kms.

Expecting delivery to be done on Friday morning.

P.S. Congrats vnagarajs, will join the club shortly.
Old 18th November 2015, 23:15   #1218
BHPian

I think with the R16s the Elite is going to get many loose nuts and parts because of the sharp vibrations.
anoop_gkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 09:31   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi, for me also some slight sound is coming from the passenger side when travelling at high speeds. It is somewhere near from the door side. Not rattling. But it sounds like some screw is loose inside the door panel. But only sometime it happens. Are you getting the same sound?

Yes I also get a similar sound, as if something is being knocked around the plastic of the door section, but couldn't actually figure out what the issue it.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 19th November 2015, 10:11   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Yes I also get a similar sound, as if something is being knocked around the plastic of the door section, but couldn't actually figure out what the issue it.

Regards
Shailesh
Hi Shailesh, I can confirm that the sound I am getting is from the passenger door side itself. That too if driving fast.
Do you experience the same situation?
Is the sound coming from the passenger side itself?
If so, can you confirm whether it is from the seatbelt area or the glovebox or the window side?
Waiting for your reply
Thanks & Regards
Vishnu
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:49   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Perfectly describes my problem. As if a plastic nut/part is loose inside the door. I've gently tried to swing the door, bang it with my fist remove everything from the glovebox but the sound still comes from time to time.
Old 19th November 2015, 16:20   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Perfectly describes my problem. As if a plastic nut/part is loose inside the door. I've gently tried to swing the door, bang it with my fist remove everything from the glovebox but the sound still comes from time to time.
I know you would have looked at this, but just quoting my experience. The noise, in my case was coming because of a water bottle. The bottle holder holds the bottle vertically and if the bottle is a little smaller in the hole, it vibrates and causes a noise (when you hit potholes or speed bumps).
Old 19th November 2015, 17:01   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shailesh, I can confirm that the sound I am getting is from the passenger door side itself. That too if driving fast.
Hi Vishnu, I'm also getting a sound from the passenger door. Its like some plastic part is vibrating inside the door. It comes only when going over bad roads.Also empty plastic bottle make noises if left in the door bins. I removed the bottles then was able to pinpoint the source of the sound.

Also getting some kind of metallic clunk when turning(both left and right). Like small metal rolling around back of the car. will empty the boot and check.

Last edited by ckranjan : 19th November 2015 at 17:04.
Old 19th November 2015, 21:10   #1224
BHPian

Even I can confirm about the sound coming from the rear suspension. And it surely looks to be coming from the bushing.As someone pointed it out earlier that Hyundai is replacing the bushes for these complaints, it could be a faulty set of bushes, my car is exactly one year old now.

One reason of the sound over rough surfaces is the sunglasses inside the sunglass compartment. I have dealt with the same kind of rattles earlier because of sunglasses. However, off-late even I am hearing some rattle from passenger door when I go over rough patches of road.

I am waiting for rains to get over in Bangalore and I will have all these small rattles/sounds checked at the service center and update the same here. I was of the opinion that the bad pothole ridden roads of Bangalore(in recent times) are the reason for all the various rattles in the car.
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 09:53   #1225
BHPian

Completed nearly 600 kms in 10 days of delivery, in-spite of the rains in Chennai. Today was the first my i20 saw the sun.

Mileage per "acar" is clocking at 15.5 kmpl, completely driven in city traffic.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:11   #1226
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Hi, for me also some slight sound is coming from the passenger side when traveling at high speeds. It is somewhere near from the door side. Not rattling. But it sounds like some screw is loose inside the door panel. But only sometime it happens. Are you getting the same sound?
Yes, earlier i was getting this sort of sound too, but as pointed out by Rahul it was due to sunglasses inside the sunglass compartment. The noise which is coming now, is related to bushes and coming from front suspension (only in morning time). My SA told me that this kind of sound reported by many people is due to poor quality of rubber that is used in bushes and also due to some gap in them. The new bushes are designed such a way to overcome these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Also getting some kind of metallic clunk when turning(both left and right). Like small metal rolling around back of the car.
Please get your steering rack checked, otherwise it could also be due to front balancing rod bushes.

Last edited by Dieseldrifter : 20th November 2015 at 15:38. Reason: quote added
Dieseldrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 16:15   #1227
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Just got the delivery, two quick observations

1) the C pair is no longer matte- it is Glossy, SA said it was the first time he saw it
2) The IRVM has the ugly flip type button

Cheers,
Old 21st November 2015, 19:29   #1228

Hey all, finally got my HID kit installed, attaching a few pictures below. The look of the car has transformed. Love them
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20151121-19.17.01_resized.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20151121_191440_resized.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2015, 12:24   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Thacker View Post
Hey all, finally got my HID kit installed, attaching a few pictures below. The look of the car has transformed. Love them
Few question.

1. Did you install it by yourself?
2. Where is the ballast kept?
3. Have you pierced the dust cap or have you removed the dust cap as such?
4. If so, have you used any rubbery things to stop dust and moisture getting inside the headlamp lens?
5. What is the wattage level of the ballast?
6. Have you directly connected the ballast to the original car wiring or have you used a wiring kit with extra relay to tap the current directly from the battery?
7. Is it a dual low/high beam hid?
8. What is the wakeup time?
9. How you fixed the projector inside the HL assembly?
10. Which brand, and finally what is the price?
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 16:35   #1230

Hey Vishnurajanme,

Got the HID kit installed at my car guy in Koramangala in Bangalore, the ballast are attached to the front crossmember behind the bumper. I have only installed the kit in the fog lamps and there was no cutting of any plastic or wires. The ballast are connected to the original car wiring of the car using the connector provided which in turn is connect to the HID bulb provided in the kit. The bulb is a perfect fit and no adjustment is required. Am not sure about the wattage level, it should be the standard 55w of the fog lamps. The wake up time is about 5 to 10 seconds and it’s not a dual bean given it’s in the fog lights. I got the Quaden 6000K kit which cost me 7000Rs.The whole process took about an hour and is secured tightly to avoid any rattles and loose wires shaking while driving. Hope this answers all your questions

To your earlier post, I am also getting a slight rattle from the passenger side door over rough roads, thought this is due to people closing the door hard and messing up the alignment.
Adil Thacker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks