Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 17:46   #1231
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Thacker View Post
Hey Vishnurajanme,

Got the HID kit installed at my car guy in Koramangala in Bangalore, the ballast are attached to the front crossmember behind the bumper. I have only installed the kit in the fog lamps and there was no cutting of any plastic or wires. The ballast are connected to the original car wiring of the car using the connector provided which in turn is connect to the HID bulb provided in the kit. The bulb is a perfect fit and no adjustment is required. Am not sure about the wattage level, it should be the standard 55w of the fog lamps. The wake up time is about 5 to 10 seconds and it’s not a dual bean given it’s in the fog lights. I got the Quaden 6000K kit which cost me 7000Rs.The whole process took about an hour and is secured tightly to avoid any rattles and loose wires shaking while driving. Hope this answers all your questions

To your earlier post, I am also getting a slight rattle from the passenger side door over rough roads, thought this is due to people closing the door hard and messing up the alignment.

That looks brilliant. Any improvement in the visibility at nights and on unlit highways especially ?!?! How are the 6000k's in the rain ???

Nowget the i20 active's projector headlamps and fit those with HID's too 😬. That would make your car stand out among the huge bunch of i20's on our roads.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:46   #1232
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Thacker View Post
Hey Vishnurajanme,

Got the HID kit installed at my car guy in Koramangala in Bangalore, the ballast are attached to the front crossmember behind the bumper. I have only installed the kit in the fog lamps and there was no cutting of any plastic or wires. The ballast are connected to the original car wiring of the car using the connector provided which in turn is connect to the HID bulb provided in the kit. The bulb is a perfect fit and no adjustment is required. Am not sure about the wattage level, it should be the standard 55w of the fog lamps. The wake up time is about 5 to 10 seconds and it’s not a dual bean given it’s in the fog lights. I got the Quaden 6000K kit which cost me 7000Rs.The whole process took about an hour and is secured tightly to avoid any rattles and loose wires shaking while driving. Hope this answers all your questions

To your earlier post, I am also getting a slight rattle from the passenger side door over rough roads, thought this is due to people closing the door hard and messing up the alignment.

Thanks for the wonderful explanation bro.
Still some more doubts. The thing is, I am going forward with the same type of installation in my car and I don't want any kaput to happen.

1. Is the ballast attached using plastic tie wires or double sided tape?
2. Standard foglamp bulbs of elite is just 27.5W. And if you used a 55W ballast, wont it damage the factory wiring? Can you please confirm whether it is 35W or 55W? Coz otherwise you will be overloading the factory wiring I guess.
3. The HID bulbs would be having a H27 base. Thats why it is a direct fit I guess. Can you confirm this from the cover in which HIDs came?
4. Did you fix that passenger side door rattling? Many people are experiencing the same. Even though it is a very minute sound that comes only in uneven roads, I feel irritated when I hear that in an otherwise silent car
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:21   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi, for me also some slight sound is coming from the passenger side when travelling at high speeds. It is somewhere near from the door side. Not rattling.
My car has covered 22k now and having the same annoying rattle like sound from rhs rear door. The sound appears like something is loose inside the door and comes mostly when the car moves side to side. Took The car once to the service center to get it checked out. They opened the door panel and gave the car back after a few hours saying everything is fixed. But the noise came back just after 50 kms. Now the lhs side rear door also seems to create the same sound.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:16   #1234

Thanks drhoneycake, the light does improve visibility slightly over a short distance as they are brighter over than the stock bulbs. Have not gone on the highway as yet but don’t foresee any issues. In the rains using the Headlights (Night Barkers unlimited) and the HID’s together the road ahead is very clear.
There are a few more modifications lined up and that is one of them for sure

Hey Vishnurajanme getting to your questions, the ballast are attached using plastic tie wires and are also screwed in using a clamp. The clamps were not provided in the box and were done by the car guys. The holes for the screws were already present so no drilling was needed.
Did some looking around and you are correct the ballast are 35w and the bulbs are H8 with the same base and that’s why the perfect fit.
Have not fixed the passenger door as yet. My next service is some time out so will try fixing it then. Completely agree that’s is a small sound but still irritating :(
Happy to answer all your questions and help a fellow car lover
Adil Thacker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 07:17   #1235
BHPian

Yesterday, i faced the same problem. AVN wouldn't start. I had to turn off the ignition and step out - lock the car - and unlock. To my surprise, the AVN turned on the moment I unlocked the car - which is unusual because it turns on only with the Engine On button.

I have to ask this to the SA, but from reading the SA's responses in this thread I guess the answer should still be a blank.
Old 25th November 2015, 09:37   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerthivasan View Post
Yesterday, i faced the same problem. AVN wouldn't start. I had to turn off the ignition and step out - lock the car - and unlock. To my surprise, the AVN turned on the moment I unlocked the car - which is unusual because it turns on only with the Engine On button.

I have to ask this to the SA, but from reading the SA's responses in this thread I guess the answer should still be a blank.
Dear Keerthivasan,

Sorry to hear that.
I am sure with modern cars becoming more and more feature rich, we expect small problems to vanish.
However, this reminds me of a joke:
A car is traveling with 4 friends in it. Suddenly, it starts making loud knocking sounds. The Mechanical Engineer says that this must be due to differential. The Electrical Engineer says that this must be due to a faulty circuit logic. The Chemical Engineer says that this must be due to faulty fuel.

The Microsoft Engineer asks the driver to stop the car and park it properly by the road side. Then he asks all to get out of the car. Then he asks the driver friend to lock the car.

Then he counts till ten. Then he asks all to get in. The driver starts the car and ALL IS WELL!

I am sorry - I am sure you did not find it funny when your car did what it did! But, on the lighter side, I feel that with more functions 'computerized' in the modern cars, the 'computer-type' problems will also increase in all cars.

I hope you do not face this again.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 11:47   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Keerthivasan,

Sorry to hear that.
I am sure with modern cars becoming more and more feature rich, we expect small problems to vanish.
I'm sure, there will be a lot more.

Well, the post was intended to record that more people are experiencing this problem, and would eventually lead to a permanent fix.

And yes, I think it is perfectly valid to expect small problems to vanish. There is a premium on the car very simply for this component and if this misbehaves frequently, it is worth complaining about.
Keerthivasan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 15:52   #1238
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Elite i20 - 1.5 lakh sales up!

Hyundai has announced that domestic sales of the Elite i20 hatchback have crossed the 1,50,000 unit mark. The hatchback was launched In India in August, 2014.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-elitei20.jpg

The Elite i20 is among the strongest performers in the B2 segment in terms of sales. It is among the three best-selling cars in the segment, the other two being the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Hyundai Grand i10. According to Hyundai, the car now commands 66% market share in the premium compact segment in the Indian auto market.

The Elite i20 was designed at Hyundai Motor's Design Centre Europe in Russelsheim, Germany. The car comes with features such as a multifunction steering wheel, automatic headlamps, electrically foldable ORVs with integrated turn-indicators, Start/Stop button, power windows and tilt and telescopic steering among others.

In August this year, Hyundai equipped the Elite i20 with an Audio Video Navigation (AVN) infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen, with pre-loaded maps, satellite based voice guided navigation, pre-saved routes, suggestive keyboard and rear camera display. The system has Bluetooth connectivity, which allows users to their phones and implement functions on screen including browsing contacts, dialing, answering and streaming music.

The Elite i20 is available with a choice of two engines:
  • Petrol - 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder, Kappa Dual VTVT, 82 bhp @ 6000 rpm, 115 Nm @ 4000 rpm, 5-speed manual gearbox
  • Diesel - 1.4-litre, U2 CRDi, 89 bhp @ 4000 rpm, 220 Nm @ 1500-2750 rpm, 6-speed manual gearbox
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 17:36   #1239
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 - 1.5 lakh sales up!

That makes an average sale of 10,000 units every month since launch.. pretty impressive and well deserved, given the excellent car it is! But now it would be interesting to watch these numbers going forward, with Jazz & Baleno trying to extract their pound of flesh from this segment!
Old 25th November 2015, 19:49   #1240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I believe the AT will come once the waiting period is history.
Does this statement still hold true?

I'm really surprised that Hyundai, which has been market leading in its offering of AT options (Creta, Verna D/AT, i10, grand i10, xcent) is not providing an A/T for its thumping success - the i20.
Old 25th November 2015, 20:10   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerthivasan View Post

Keerthivasan, I have first reported this issue on this thread. As you rightly guessed, this issue is still unresolved, but I found a workaround to overcome this.
Do not start your vehicle by first going to ACC or ON position. Directly press the clutch and start the engine from OFF, that way the AVN issue never again happened to me.
Happy trying
makk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 20:16   #1242
BHPian

I am looking for steps to take out the glovebox in i20 to do a felt lining inside the glovebox. This is inspired by similar threads by fellow BHPians on other cars. I have cleaned the cabin air filter couple of times myself so I know how to pull it out partially. Did anybody try taking out/detaching the glovebox entirely? I seriously hate keys/other metal items rattling inside the glovebox.

Also, I see a small slot carved on the ceiling of the glovebox. Wondering if we could still retrofit the glovebox lamp as done in the previous generation i20 by Wildon and others. It should be really a great addition to the glovebox.Has anyone tried these already ?
Old 25th November 2015, 20:34   #1243
Senior - BHPian

IMO this is really well deserved for Hyundai Elite

If only Hyundai had plonked in a 1.5 CRDI engine with over 100 bhp, like the one which was available on the Getz CRDI, I would have surely picked this baby over my GT TDI.

Nevertheless, Hyundai have nailed it with this iteration and is truly a WORLD CLASS Hatch back for INDIA.

Quote:
But now it would be interesting to watch these numbers going forward, with Jazz & Baleno trying to extract their pound of flesh from this segment!
From what I understand, Jazz could not touch Elite after the initial hype died out. So, Baleno could actually be the only really competition to the throne.

Personally, Elite really looks the price one pays for
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:08   #1244
BHPian

There has been no discount for Elite i20 ever since its launch in August 2014
Also, There has been increase between Rs. 30K-50K in prices for each variant after launch.

Undoubtedly, it has lot of character and feels like more expensive car that makes it desirable. However, Baleno with better kitted mid variants and standard safety features is a better offering.

Indian buyers have been taken for granted by Hyundai on safety.
I hope to see Airbags and ABS atleast as an option across all variants.
procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 22:24   #1245
BHPian

Even if we compare any other hatch out there with equivalent equipment / refinement levels, the i20 just beats them all purely on looks. It's extremely modern, yet subdued and looks good from all angles. Can't say that about the competition though. It is a personal choice, I know, but the general masses seem to have taken a liking to it.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks