Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 23:53   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
From what I understand, Jazz could not touch Elite after the initial hype died out.

I too had thought so initially. But of late, we've been seeing increasing number of Jazz strutting around all over, at least here in Kolkata. A visit to Shree Honda last month confirmed this, as the SA claimed that sales have really picked up after a rather slow start.

But now i guess Baleno would be eating into the share of both these hatches, and Jazz would be more affected than i20.

People who are in the market for a diesel hatch will still probably stick to i20. Those who need a petrol hatch were actually a confused bunch, given the grossly underpowered i20 petrol and were looking at Jazz as an option. With Baleno, the confusion is over.

Just my thought! (I too, for one, have cancelled my booking for an i20 sports and have booked a Baleno Alpha Petrol.)
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 10:15   #1247
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does this statement still hold true?

I'm really surprised that Hyundai, which has been market leading in its offering of AT options (Creta, Verna D/AT, i10, grand i10, xcent) is not providing an A/T for its thumping success - the i20.
There are news about its imminent release, particularly after Baleno's arrival. However, with the already premium price on its tag, Hyundai will struggle to wiggle the car at Sportz or below, given that Baleno is an Automatic only on its Delta variant and comes for 7lakhs Ex-showroom price.

If Hyundai makes its Asta variant as Automatic, the price will hit 8.3 lakhs Ex-showroom.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:09   #1248
BHPian

Guys,

I noticed something strange yesterday, i returned back from my workplace to the parking lot and started the engine.

I saw that the rpm meter kept fluctuating for a while and then settled down, i.e engine revved from around 900RPM to 1k RPM then went down to 800revs and settled at the idle at around 900RPM.

It did all of this on its own without any input from my end, the clutch was not depressed as well.

I see that this happens mainly when i leave it for a long time, is it something normal?

ODO currently stands at around 480Kms and i am in the process of running in the engine still so haven't been too harsh on the engine in anyway.

Thanks.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:12   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Guys,

I noticed something strange yesterday, i returned back from my workplace to the parking lot and started the engine.

I saw that the rpm meter kept fluctuating for a while and then settled down, i.e engine revved from around 900RPM to 1k RPM then went down to 800revs and settled at the idle at around 900RPM.

It did all of this on its own without any input from my end, the clutch was not depressed as well.

I see that this happens mainly when i leave it for a long time, is it something normal?

ODO currently stands at around 480Kms and i am in the process of running in the engine still so haven't been too harsh on the engine in anyway.

Thanks.
Absolutely nothing to worry about. It will start ~1500 mark and settle to just below 1000 with some revving in between. Its just the ECU kicking in to bring the temp up & attaining ideal driving rpm.
Old 26th November 2015, 18:33   #1250
BHPian

Hello,
I own a petrol elite i20 asta. It has clocked around 24000 kms and there are two concerns which i want to discuss:

1) The Fuel Economy strictly hovers around 11 in city and 13 in highways. Is it normal for petrol i20 or am i missing something ?

2) There is a strange noise that comes from clutch when it is pressed and released like some spring needs lubrication. Discussed it with SA and he said it is because of the heavy usage of clutch . He is saying that let it be and if at all it can be solved is through change of whole clutch assembly. It is more noticeable in traffic jams. Any inputs for the same ?
Old 26th November 2015, 19:51   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
1) The Fuel Economy strictly hovers around 11 in city and 13 in highways. Is it normal for petrol i20 or am i missing something ?

My cousin primarily has city runs and is getting a FE of about 9-10 kmpl in his petrol i20. Discussion with some other owners of petrol elite i20 also revealed that almost everyone gets a FE of 9 to 11 kmpl in city. So i guess, thats the norm. Any bhp-ian has any other view ?
viv_cal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 20:55   #1252
BHPian

Does anyone know about Caska AVN unit with 7" Touchscreen for the Elite? Flipkart is selling it for 35k.
Old 27th November 2015, 09:06   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hello,
I own a petrol elite i20 asta. It has clocked around 24000 kms and there are two concerns which i want to discuss:

2) There is a strange noise that comes from clutch when it is pressed and released like some spring needs lubrication. Discussed it with SA and he said it is because of the heavy usage of clutch . He is saying that let it be and if at all it can be solved is through change of whole clutch assembly. It is more noticeable in traffic jams. Any inputs for the same ?
Your FE is slightly on the lower side. You can get up to 14 with some eased driving as discussed in earlier posts here.

Normally the clutch is noiseless and smooth, please get it referred and checked from another centre. The clutch is a bit heavy at times but it's smooth. That kind of springy noise can be a small adjustment but doesn't seem to need a full assembly change.
anoop_gkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 09:55   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
My cousin primarily has city runs and is getting a FE of about 9-10 kmpl in his petrol i20. Discussion with some other owners of petrol elite i20 also revealed that almost everyone gets a FE of 9 to 11 kmpl in city. So i guess, thats the norm.
Quote:
Your FE is slightly on the lower side. You can get up to 14 with some eased driving as discussed in earlier posts here.
Thanks for your inputs guys. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Normally the clutch is noiseless and smooth, please get it referred and checked from another centre. The clutch is a bit heavy at times but it's smooth. That kind of springy noise can be a small adjustment but doesn't seem to need a full assembly change.
The noise subsides sometimes and since past few days there isn't any noise. As soon as i get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, it creeps in. Thus, I had a hard time explaining my exact problem to the SA.
Old 27th November 2015, 14:12   #1255

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
Keerthivasan, I have first reported this issue on this thread. As you rightly guessed, this issue is still unresolved, but I found a workaround to overcome this.
Do not start your vehicle by first going to ACC or ON position. Directly press the clutch and start the engine from OFF, that way the AVN issue never again happened to me.
Happy trying
This happened with me after 1 weeks of taking delivery. The AVN would not start. Tried everything, combo button push and what not. Called the salesman, he recommended I get out of car, lock and unlock using smart key (not the button on the door handle), tried and voila the AVN started. Strange!
ns1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 21:50   #1256
BHPian

Hi guys,

I've recently booked an i20 elite and taking the delivery tomorrow (First booked the Baleno, cancelled due to several reasons). Car was allotted to me in just 3 days.

I've just seen in a video (link posted below: see at 3:50 in the video) that the European version of i20 Elite gets a distance to empty and average fuel consumption meters. Also, the projector Head lights with DRLs on the Euro Spec looks awesome. Is there any possibility to source the parts and upgrade our Indian verison?

Link:

Last edited by madhav14 : 27th November 2015 at 22:03.
Old 28th November 2015, 09:37   #1257
BHPian

Would really appreciate it, if someone could point me to the consolidated list of changes on the elite i20 since its launch. Im given to understand some features have been deleted or added ?

Thank you !
Old 28th November 2015, 11:34   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
(First booked the Baleno, cancelled due to several reasons)
Mind sharing the reasons for cancelling the booking of Baleno? Any specific negatives about the car/dealership?
Old 28th November 2015, 11:44   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Would really appreciate it, if someone could point me to the consolidated list of changes on the elite i20 since its launch. Im given to understand some features have been deleted or added ?
Hi,
I cannot be sure of ALL the changes but some of the changes which i remember are :

1) The 12v socket reduced to 1 from 2 in front.

2) The c-pillar now comes in gloss finish rather than the matte type earlier.

3) There is a new top-end variant above asta i.e. asta(o) which comes with touchscreen centre console with navigation.

4) The length of radio antenna over the roof has been reduced to a more practical one.

5) I am not too sure about this one but i guess the asta(o) variant gets aluminium types pedals too.

These are some changes which i remember, there maybe more changes.
Old 28th November 2015, 12:15   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns1976 View Post
This happened with me after 1 weeks of taking delivery. The AVN would not start. Tried everything, combo button push and what not. Called the salesman, he recommended I get out of car, lock and unlock using smart key (not the button on the door handle), tried and voila the AVN started. Strange!
Not to keep writing about this over and over, here's a quick trick.

I had this issue on AVN again yesterday. I rolled down my window. Stopped the car. Took my key out of the window and locked it. And then Unlocked it. It worked.

Saves you the trouble of getting out of the car - a little relief, if you will.
Keerthivasan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks