Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2015, 20:06   #1291

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Tell them what you want clearly. Tough I advice you to change the dealer. Buy from some other city if you have to. Other Bhpians can shed light on Good Hyundai dealers in U.P.

Stay away from shady dealers.

If everything else fails talk to Hyundai.
Well, I am going to book the car tomorrow. I dont think changing the dealership will help because both the dealers in this city are doing the same thing. It seems more like a norm than an exception.

I ll talk to the manager though and let him know that i am aware of what they are doing and would like them to keep my car safe and new.

By the way, as regard to the ECM, the Asta (O) that i tried didnt even have the manual dimming feature. That was a real surprise. Dont know whats going on here. If anyone has any clue, please enlighten.
Old 13th December 2015, 21:23   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootokill View Post
By the way, as regard to the ECM, the Asta (O) that i tried didnt even have the manual dimming feature. That was a real surprise. Dont know whats going on here. If anyone has any clue, please enlighten.
Do you mean the instrument cluster lighting?Oh, did Hyundai remove that feature too?
Old 13th December 2015, 23:45   #1293

I mean the Electrochromic IRVMs. Earlier the top trim (Asta) had an auto dimming ECM IRVM. But now the top trim (Asta (O)) which comes with AVN and a 7 inch touchscreen doesnt have ECM. However, it was reported by fellow BHPians that it has a day-night mirror which is manual.

My concern is - I didnt even find the manual day night IRVM in my test car which, by the way, was also the car which he was gonna sell me.
shootokill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 12:19   #1294

Quote:
My concern is - I didnt even find the manual day night IRVM in my test car which, by the way, was also the car which he was gonna sell me.
Are you really sure about this? I own an Asta(O) purchased in Sep and it does have a day/night mirror. Did you question the SA why it is missing? This is shocking and I don't understand what Hyundai is up to. With the competition becoming tougher in this segment, this was not expected.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:20   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
I mean the Electrochromic IRVMs. Earlier the top trim (Asta) had an auto dimming ECM IRVM. But now the top trim (Asta (O)) which comes with AVN and a 7 inch touchscreen doesnt have ECM. However, it was reported by fellow BHPians that it has a day-night mirror which is manual.

This has been discussed multiple number of times. Asta or even sports has the lcd screen inside the rvm which acts as the irvm with the attached sensor. Asta(O) has the lcd screen on the dashboard, that too a bigger touch screen one because of which it does not have additional lcd on inside the mirror. So the irvm is lost. Some member has even posted a diy on how to fix a irvm instead of the day and night mirror. Day and night mirror, atleast in my jazz is a true sibling of cost cutting which just provides a switch. By pressing it, the mirror turns down. Press it up and mirror comes back to normal position. Means, when the mirror is down, you cant see anything in that. Lol
Old 14th December 2015, 15:12   #1296
BHPian

Vishnu, issue reported by shootokill seems to be different. So far, everyone reported manual day/night mirror in Asta(O). As per shootokill, it only has normal mirror, even without a manual night mode. If this is true, then it's too much of cost cutting from Hyundai.

I'm wondering whether this is to compensate extra expense incurred in giving glossy c-pillar and short antenna
Old 14th December 2015, 16:57   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I'm wondering whether this is to compensate extra expense incurred in giving glossy c-pillar and short antenna
I agree with you Midas,
To add on this Hyundai has already announced price hike from January 2016 in all models up to 30,000.
If this is the case then it will be difficult to continue with tag line "Uncompromised".
Increasing cost (due to rising input coast and weak rupee) and reducing feature is like testing our patient for elite I20 loyalty.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th December 2015 at 11:59. Reason: Typo
Old 14th December 2015, 20:54   #1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Day and night mirror, atleast in my jazz is a true sibling of cost cutting which just provides a switch. By pressing it, the mirror turns down. Press it up and mirror comes back to normal position. Means, when the mirror is down, you cant see anything in that. Lol
I went to the showroom today and discussed the issue with the Sales Manager. He confirmed that the Asta (O) has a day light IRVM. However, the feature is same as explained above by vishnurajanme i.e a button just changes the position of the mirror's face and along with glare everything else is gone .

Seriously! is this what you a call a day-light mirror, hyundai? I am surprised.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:11   #1299

These things apart, I have finally booked my i20 asta (O). My new white colored top variant was booked at a paltry 5000 bucks. Probably, that is how it is done in this part of Uttar Pradesh.

The SA said that the vehicle will be received by the dealership tomorrow and I can take the delivery the day after. He told me that the truck carrying this batch of cars is in Allahabad (120 km away) right now. I took the exact location of the truck from the SA and asked a friend to check upon it. The truck was indeed in Allahabad and according to the driver it would reach Varanasi tomorrow in the noon.

I think, keeping a constant vigil on the status of this batch is the only way i can prevent my car from being used as test vehicle, as the dealership here has a habit of using the new cars as test vehicle !

The dealership is offering free basic accessories such as car cover, mud guard, floor mats and steering and gear cover. I was also able to get the SM to commit to a discount of Rs 8,500.

There is one thing that i want to ask here. The SM offered me a Nil dep insurance. He said any damages are covered up to 100% by this insurance. Is that true?
Old 14th December 2015, 21:23   #1300

Quote:
I went to the showroom today and discussed the issue with the Sales Manager. He confirmed that the Asta (O) has a day light IRVM. However, the feature is same as explained above by vishnurajanme i.e a button just changes the position of the mirror's face and along with glare everything else is gone .

It is called as day-night mirror, not day-light.
Most cars have these kind of IRVMs. During the day, you use the day side of it and it acts as normal mirror. During the night, you can manually switch to night side which basically dims the reflected light and avoids glares.
makk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 21:29   #1301
BHPian

Quote:

Not only hyundai bro. All sub 10 lakh cars provides this feature and they call them day and night mirror. Example, my honda jazz, my friend's toyota etios etc.
Old 14th December 2015, 22:28   #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
My bad, makk
Old 14th December 2015, 23:36   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
Most cars have these kind of IRVMs. During the day, you use the day side of it and it acts as normal mirror. During the night, you can manually switch to night side which basically dims the reflected light and avoids glares.
Really don't like the way things are going with the Elite. This is the blue-eyed boy of hatchbacks. They shouldn't downgrade any of the features.
I feel lucky now to have bought this earlier.
Old 15th December 2015, 12:07   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Really don't like the way things are going with the Elite. This is the blue-eyed boy of hatchbacks. They shouldn't downgrade any of the features.
I feel lucky now to have bought this earlier.
It is not downgraded He just mentioned about the Asta (O)
The new variant with touchscreen does not have this. Thats it.
All older variants have IRVM
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 16:51   #1305
BHPian

Hello,

Sorry to interrupt the discussion with a different topic. Has anyone noticed/enquired about the brand & type (mineral/semi-synthetic) of engine oil Elite i20 brings when rolled out of factory ? Also, which brand of oil the ASS is going to pour in subsequent services?
My 1.2 Magna is due for second service and I prefer to use Mobil1 (Full synthetic). Will make a call to the service guy, but thought of posting it here first.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks