Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 23:12   #1321
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I had similar formations on my headlamps on both the sides. I could hardly notice any difference in the light spread at night, but nonetheless I pointed it out to my dealer who promptly replaced them under warranty without any charges couple of months back.They looked like fungal formations.
Old 19th December 2015, 00:22   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
I had also raised a complaint about my left front head light as it is showing some ghost and ray fungus like images in the lower most part of the light at night when i switch on the light, While in the daytime i cant see anything inside that might be causing this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I had similar formations on my headlamps on both the sides. They looked like fungal formations.
Looks like the headlamp plastics have deformed due to stress maybe because of over tightening or deformation.
Old 19th December 2015, 11:38   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Now, if you ride more than 15000 kilometers in your petrol car a year, you may opt for the FS type as mineral oils may stand good to upto 9000kms only. If you ride around 9000 or less, opt for the mineral oil. More than enough for your car.
Thanks for the information vishnurajanme.

Guys, I got another question,

Just droped my elite 1.2 at service station for 2nd free service and the service guy wants to charge me an additional 600rs for wheel rotation + alignment + balancing. I thought that's part of the regular service and not chargeable to the customer. During my 8 years ownership of Alto LX, I don't think I ever paid for that activity at ASS.

Any inputs guys ?!!

Thanks.
Old 19th December 2015, 13:21   #1324

Hi Folks !! First I would like thank the Mods for approving my membership.

Last week I went for a small highway trip in my new i20 Asta diesel, by the end of the drive the MID was showing an average of 33 kmpl. how is it possible? Is something wrong with my MID.
Old 19th December 2015, 15:38   #1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitei20 View Post
Hi Folks !! First I would like thank the Mods for approving my membership.

Last week I went for a small highway trip in my new i20 Asta diesel, by the end of the drive the MID was showing an average of 33 kmpl. how is it possible? Is something wrong with my MID.
i20 doesn't have mileage indicator. You have probably seen the average speed reading of 33kmph for that trip.
makk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 18:41   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpillai
.. the service guy wants to charge me an additional 600rs for wheel rotation + alignment + balancing. I thought that's part of the regular service and not chargeable to the customer..
The Alignment and Balancing is not a part of schedule maintenance. Hence its not free but chargeable.

I was not charged for labour for-
1. Greasing the Caliper Pins during 2nd (10K) and 3rd (20K) Service and
2. Rear Brake Drums Cleaning and Tyre Rotation during 3rd (20K) Service.

Is the Free Replacement of Front Suspension Bushes applicable for All Elite i20s or only particular batch? Also is only a particular bush is defective or complete front suspension bush set is defective and entitled for Free Replacement?
Old 20th December 2015, 10:01   #1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

Is the Free Replacement of Front Suspension Bushes applicable for All Elite i20s or only particular batch? Also is only a particular bush is defective or complete front suspension bush set is defective and entitled for Free Replacement?
Yes. the faulty bushes are a free replacement. i guess not all elite i20 are having this issue.
my car made the "thud" noise every time i went over a rough patch (at least for the first few kms).
the mechanic couldn't replicate it at first but after leaving the car for 12 hours, when he drove again, he heard the sound.
Now no more "thud" sound in the car so far !
Old 20th December 2015, 18:30   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity
Yes. the faulty bushes are a free replacement. i guess not all elite i20 are having this issue.
my car made the "thud" noise every time i went over a rough patch (at least for the first few kms).
I am facing similar thud noise from our Elite and wanted firm proof incase the dealer avoid giving me free replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity
the mechanic couldn't replicate it at first but after leaving the car for 12 hours, when he drove again, he heard the sound.
I don't like to leave the car unattended at any Garage especially ASCs.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:32   #1329
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I just started to observe something strange with my Elite i20. A 'thud' sound followed by a feeling of wheels disconnected from the drive-train. All of it happens in one second and the car drives normal afterwards, like nothing has happened. The sound is neither too loud nor too quiet. It's like a 500gm stone hitting the under body. It happened 3 times during the past 2 weeks. Two times while taking right turns and once in a straight line. I'm not able to identify when it exactly happens or what causes it. Hence not able to reproduce.

Now, I have read the recent posts regarding the faulty front suspension bushes. I could relate my issue to that one if it was only the 'thud' sound. But what is this feeling of wheels disconnected from the drive-train?? People who faced the suspension bush issue, did you observe anything like this?

It would be great if I could get some expert advice on this issue before I visit the ASC next saturday. I am not very confident on how knowledgeable the technicians are there in ASC. Because yesterday I picked up my car after the second service with one complaint not rectified. A mild screeching sound from the exhaust when engine revved up. Instead of trying to fix the issue, they were just trying to assure me that it is normal with all elite petrol i20s and is even present in new pieces. But I don't think I ever heard that noise when the car was new.

Between, anyone feels any connection between these two issues ?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks.
Old 21st December 2015, 10:04   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
Even i am also facing similar situation but only in 5th gear. Sometimes (not always) when i try to accelerate in 5th gear the car feels to be dead and no acceleration at all.
Last week i discussed this problem with my trusted SA at HASS, he told me that there is switch which is connected to the gear shift system and it sends some on & off signals to the ECM that might be at fault. He said that he will perform a test with OBD scanner and while performing test the switch should give on & off signals, if it remains off or on that it might be faulty. He also told that, previous gen i20 and verna both suffered with this problem. The HASS i visited had ordered a new bluetooth type OBD scanner from Hyundai and will get in 10 days' time and only after that, the test will be performed.
Thank you so much for your instant reply dude. I think that's the exact problem that we both are facing.

Kindly do update me about the test results. I'll be looking forward for a reply and a solution for this problem from you.
Old 21st December 2015, 17:04   #1331
BHPian

Took delivery of my Active SX (AVN) CRDi yesterday. It came fitted with the manual day/night mirror. The dealer insists that Active cannot be fitted with mud flaps and is not offered. Can anyone validate this?

As far as the car is concerned, crossed 100km mark today and so far so good.
Old 21st December 2015, 19:18   #1332
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
The dealer insists that Active cannot be fitted with mud flaps and is not offered. Can anyone validate this?
Yes. We were also told the same by Trident at the time of delivery of my son's i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN on 27 Nov 2015.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:32   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post

Especially in 4th, 5th, 6th gears - between 60-100kmph speeds - around 1500-1800rpm, the accelerator feels almost dead. Even if I press half the way down. I couldn't feel the turbo at all even at 1900~ rpm. Once it crosses 2000rpm mark, the car jumps forward with eagerness as if the turbo woke up suddenly.
Yes, I've noticed this as well. In my case, it generally happens if the engine is still cold (1 or 2 bars in the temperature gauge) and sometimes during especially spirited driving. This started after a trip on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway for me, not sure if it had something to do with the driving style on this trip. Generally if I re-slot the car into gear the turbo comes back.

I now also switch gears at ~ 2200 RPM instead of following the gear shift indicator, which seems to have minimized the problem. Will bring this up with the SA when I send my car in for its 2nd service.
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:44   #1334
BHPian

I getting this loud grinding noise when i move from ignition ON to OFF. It happens irrespective of engine running.

I'm attaching the recording of the sound.

A faint noise of this kind was there before but it has now become louder.

Please let me know if this a problem.

I have zipped it as can't attach it directly. Unzip and play with VLC. Its the noise at the start(2.00 sec).

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 20151222 165456.rar (558.2 KB, 300 views)
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:58   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
Yes, I've noticed this as well. In my case, it generally happens if the engine is still cold (1 or 2 bars in the temperature gauge) and sometimes during especially spirited driving. This started after a trip on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway for me, not sure if it had something to do with the driving style on this trip. Generally if I re-slot the car into gear the turbo comes back.

I now also switch gears at ~ 2200 RPM instead of following the gear shift indicator, which seems to have minimized the problem. Will bring this up with the SA when I send my car in for its 2nd service.
You should never go beyond 2000 RPM when the engine is cold, let it warm up first. I am not sure about re-slotting but what i have experienced is, if you change gears at ~2500 RPM on highways then you will always be in the turbo range and won't feel the lag at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks