Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 10:48   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats ssengo on your 'Elite Acquisition' .

I happened to see this colour in person and boy this really is one of the best shades for this car. Your snap just does not do justice to this color.

Please post an 'Ownership Review' at the earliest and drive safe.
Thanks Vik0728, Will post the ownership review soon. I have ordered T-BHP stickers and might get it in a day or two.

BTW, Thanks for your wishes
Old 9th September 2014, 11:52   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Here is the snap of my new elite i20 Asta VTVT Star Dust.
Performed the below tune-up in 3M CarCare :
- Underbody Anti-rust coating
- 3M Mats
- Paint Protection Film
- 3M Windshield (awesome heat resistance)
- Waxing

Can anyone suggest the best place for fixing leather seats at affordable cost in chennai. Appreciate your help
Congrats on your brand new ride. BTW, how much did you pay for the 3M mats? My friend mentioned about these and said they hold dust really well and are better than 3D mats. Also, paint protection film, are you talking about the coating or the thin sheet they put around areas prone to scratches.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:02   #108
BHPian

Thanks for your wishes gurudutt BTW the total cost came to 32k out of which 6k for the mats. Paint protection film is a transparent film that covers the corners on all side to prevent scratches. Let me know if you need more info. But i would say the quality of work is awesome.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:37   #109

Dear all,
I have been following the forum since several years, though this is my first post, so consider me a newbie in terms of posting.

We booked the Elite i20 (ASTA/Petrol top-end on 02 Aug), and as per recommendation of members on this forum, went this afternoon to inspect the car that has been received against our booking (we carried a copy of the PDI checklist). However we note that the vehicle that we intend to register in our name is shod with Apollo tyres (16inchers). I noticed that members on this forum were receiving their respective vehicles with Bridgestone tyres.

Furthermore, we also noticed (at the dealers' place) that other Elite i20 cars,awaiting delivery to other respective owners were shod with Bridgestones (an ASTA CRDI with 16inchers, and another SPORTZ with 14inchers were parked alongside). The test drive vehicle parked nearby was also fitted with Bridgestones.

When we brought this to the notice of the dealer, he stated that he had no hand to play in this, since Hyundai has more than one tyre vendor, and this is how he received the car.

What can be done in this case, since we would most certainly like to receive our vehicle with Bridgestones, and not Apollos.

(P.S.-If this helps, we own a Hyundai Elantra Petrol/2004 model, which the new car shall replace, and our old car is on Bridgestones as well)
Old 9th September 2014, 17:58   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk007 View Post
However we note that the vehicle that we intend to register in our name is shod with Apollo tyres (16inchers). I noticed that members on this forum were receiving their respective vehicles with Bridgestone tyres.
Welcome to the Forum. I had to face the similar issue two weeks back, when I took delivery of my Elite Asta CRDi, my car also came with Apollo.

There was a que of few more Asta's at the dealership and the tyre shod was a mix of both on the respective cars.
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:56   #111
BHPian

Hi,

Any idea on the FE in the city for the petrol Sportz, is it below 10 :|

I am getting varying figures, hyundai claims 18.34kmpl, while other websites are showing it to be ~13 kmpl.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 9th September 2014, 22:38   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
I have been following the forum since several years, though this is my first post, so consider me a newbie in terms of posting.

We booked the Elite i20 (ASTA/Petrol top-end on 02 Aug), and as per recommendation of members on this forum, went this afternoon to inspect the car that has been received against our booking (we carried a copy of the PDI checklist). However we note that the vehicle that we intend to register in our name is shod with Apollo tyres (16inchers). I noticed that members on this forum were receiving their respective vehicles with Bridgestone tyres.

Furthermore, we also noticed (at the dealers' place) that other Elite i20 cars,awaiting delivery to other respective owners were shod with Bridgestones (an ASTA CRDI with 16inchers, and another SPORTZ with 14inchers were parked alongside). The test drive vehicle parked nearby was also fitted with Bridgestones.

When we brought this to the notice of the dealer, he stated that he had no hand to play in this, since Hyundai has more than one tyre vendor, and this is how he received the car.

What can be done in this case, since we would most certainly like to receive our vehicle with Bridgestones, and not Apollos.

(P.S.-If this helps, we own a Hyundai Elantra Petrol/2004 model, which the new car shall replace, and our old car is on Bridgestones as well)
Pk007, Mine too came with Apollo tyres and rode around 400kms last week, but the ride was super smooth on the freeway. I had to drive 100kms on state road with huge potholes and Asta handled it very well on huge bumps.
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 22:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Any idea on the FE in the city for the petrol Sportz, is it below 10 :|

I am getting varying figures, hyundai claims 18.34kmpl, while other websites are showing it to be ~13 kmpl.

Regards
Shailesh
I'm getting an average FEE of around 14 within city and very good mileage of 18.2 on the freeway ride.
Old 10th September 2014, 00:53   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations......!!!

The boot door closes with an effort push, try it. Also do get the PSI level check in all the tyres, at the time of delivery mine had 43 in all 4 tyres.
Thank you.

Yes it actually requires bit more force to lock the hatch properly. Pointed out the same yesterday to HMP. They asked me to come on this saturday to check and mean time they also want to check the same with other cars.

Actually after getting delivery, I drove straight to fuel station and did tank full. And also changed the air to nitrogen and during that time I found the same strange psi of 40 to 43 in all 4 tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Was not unlocking, neither responding to boot open button in the remote. No such incidents after that. Have to get it checked during first service.
No issue like this for me. Only the locking was the problem but with little more push, it is also done. Unlocking is quite easy and smooth. And releasing the hatch is electric one and is linked with battery power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The Sparco not only looks good, but is also very practical as it does not get damaged/broken in places with a low clearance, and is well worth the ~ 600 - 700 rupees it should cost.
Thank you RSR. I actually wanted to change it but don't know with which. Your post helped me now. Shall I know where can I get it?

Quote:
Can anyone suggest the best place for fixing leather seats at affordable cost in chennai. Appreciate your help
I am also looking for the same in Chennai. Even the showroom has not yet received any seat cover for Elite so far.

I did a long drive last weekend (Chennai to Salem and back on next day). I drove it under 2K RPM for run-in period till 1000 kms (very tough to drive actually with this powerful engine on open road) and got the mileage of 20.8kms / ltr (diesel asta). Did 800+ Kms in 2 days after delivery!!!

I too got Apollo tires in my Diesel asta but I found it very smooth and grip in both city and highway.

Last edited by vijayk : 10th September 2014 at 00:56. Reason: Mentioning about tires
Old 10th September 2014, 07:47   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is the snap of my new elite i20 Asta VTVT Star Dust.
Performed the below tune-up in 3M CarCare :
- Underbody Anti-rust coating
- 3M Mats
- Paint Protection Film
- 3M Windshield (awesome heat resistance)
- Waxing

Congrats on your new car.

Are the C-pillars painted in body colour? Was straining my eyes for the black cladding, but it looks like a shiny finish.
Old 10th September 2014, 09:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats on your new car.

Are the C-pillars painted in body colour? Was straining my eyes for the black cladding, but it looks like a shiny finish.
No, The C-Pillars are black and the body color is Star Dust Grey. Hard to notice the difference unless you take a closer look
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 09:18   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Thank you.

Yes it actually requires bit more force to lock the hatch properly. Pointed out the same yesterday to HMP. They asked me to come on this saturday to check and mean time they also want to check the same with other cars.

Actually after getting delivery, I drove straight to fuel station and did tank full. And also changed the air to nitrogen and during that time I found the same strange psi of 40 to 43 in all 4 tires.

No issue like this for me. Only the locking was the problem but with little more push, it is also done. Unlocking is quite easy and smooth. And releasing the hatch is electric one and is linked with battery power.

Thank you RSR. I actually wanted to change it but don't know with which. Your post helped me now. Shall I know where can I get it?

I am also looking for the same in Chennai. Even the showroom has not yet received any seat cover for Elite so far.

I did a long drive last weekend (Chennai to Salem and back on next day). I drove it under 2K RPM for run-in period till 1000 kms (very tough to drive actually with this powerful engine on open road) and got the mileage of 20.8kms / ltr (diesel asta). Did 800+ Kms in 2 days after delivery!!!

I too got Apollo tires in my Diesel asta but I found it very smooth and grip in both city and highway.
So disappointing to see the car delivered without the basic accessories and wondering on the wait time to get the accessories.
Old 10th September 2014, 14:24   #118

Quote:
Dear all,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear all,
Further-on to my earlier query, would anyone be aware if the car-warranty is affected if I were to 'strike' a deal with a nearby tyre dealer to trade-in the APOLLO tyres for BRIDGESTONES, by paying a marginal difference?

Also, has anyone done this before and what (indicative) cost difference could I end up paying per tyre? I am based in Mumbai suburbs.

Your response shall help me make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear all,
Further-on to my earlier query, would anyone be aware if the car-warranty is affected if I were to 'strike' a deal with a nearby tyre dealer to trade-in the APOLLO tyres for BRIDGESTONES, by paying a marginal difference?

Also, has anyone done this before and what (indicative) cost difference could I end up paying per tyre? I am based in Mumbai suburbs.

Your response shall help me make an informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
So long as the tyres are the same spec as stock, there should be no impact on the warranty.

But make sure that you negotiate with the tyre shop in advance, and drive there straight from the showroom to get the best exchange value. Usually for getting an exchange value of a 'new' tire, the shops expect that the mileage be less than 50 km, otherwise they consider it a used tyre and the exchange value reduces. The difference will be more than 'marginal', expect to pay 2-3 k per tyre after having factored in the exchange value.

Having said that, the Apollo 4G tyres are really good, so I am not sure if the Bridgestones are going to really be an upgrade. I recently purchased Amazer 4G (which are lower end than the Alnac 4G tyres) and the performance is pretty good, better in fact than the Michelin XM1+ that I had earlier. I was going to go for the XM2 but the tyre guy said that the Apollo 4G tyres were just as good and its not worth paying the premium, and it looks like he was right.

Last edited by chncar : 10th September 2014 at 15:23.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
-
car-warranty affected if .. trade-in the APOLLO tyres for BRIDGESTONES..
As long as there is no change in the OEM size/ specs you are good.

Most Viewed