Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2016, 20:22   #1426
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post

1. Unless you plan to take the car to its limits, any alloy wheel (with right size and offset) from known alloy wheel manufacturers would suffice.
- Thank you, I probably would be going for plati platinum 16 inch & they seem to be a common name these days.

-Regarding tires, i am just a little inclined towards the primacy 205/55 R16. I have this impression that the XM's are more mileage oriented and low on comfort relatively , i may be wrong here and shall definitely cross check.

-Also, thank you for the psi info , i shall definitely check the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
How much is it costing you NST440?
Are they giving any kind of discount on New Elite I20?
- Around 8.6 L including RC & depreciation cap insurance. As of now no discounts are being offered on 2016 models, for 2015 ones the insurance is free which i think is not a very lucrative deal.
Old 24th January 2016, 21:06   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
I probably would be going for plati platinum 16 inch & they seem to be a common name these days.
Just a suggestion for the alloys, see the picture below and if you like the look, check out more details in the link after that.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-momo-next.jpg
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...momo-fied.html
Quote:
Regarding tires, i am just a little inclined towards the primacy 205/55 R16. I have this impression that the XM's are more mileage oriented and low on comfort relatively , i may be wrong here and shall definitely cross check.
Certainly you can't go wrong with 3ST's. Even I am looking forward to go for the same once the stock Goodyears' wear out.

Last edited by sidhu_hs : 24th January 2016 at 21:30.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 23:28   #1428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I just reviewed the pdf brochure,it seems like the brochure is not updated with airbag update.
Has anyone visited showroom in this year and confirmed the change roll out?
Link here...Thanks to vpillai

Major changes on the top trims.
Asta loses out on the 60:40 Rear Seat
Asta (Option) gets Projector headlamps with Cornering function, DRL, Micro Antenna & 60:40 rear seat
Old 27th January 2016, 23:40   #1429
BHPian

My Asta VTVT stalled several times on the last fuel bar at starts and sluggishly climbed the office parking ramp. I'm hoping she'd cover at least 10 km before the next refuel.
Old 28th January 2016, 00:04   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
My Asta VTVT stalled several times on the last fuel bar at starts and sluggishly climbed the office parking ramp. I'm hoping she'd cover at least 10 km before the next refuel.
Hi Anoop , Please don't drive your baby till the last fuel bar , she was stalling as she was starving for fuel while climbing the parking ramp. Not trying to scare you but this could fry your fuel pump or reduce its life.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:11   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin416 View Post
Link here...Thanks to vpillai

Major changes on the top trims.
Asta loses out on the 60:40 Rear Seat
Asta (Option) gets Projector headlamps with Cornering function, DRL, Micro Antenna & 60:40 rear seat
I heard the Asta Optional gets darker alloys as well. The SA here refused to admit any change in the Asta variant

Last edited by udainxs : 28th January 2016 at 10:14.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:25   #1432
BHPian

Puneet Anand, GM - Marketing, Hyundai Motor India, to Business standard

“In the last three months, we were a little constrained in production which is also when the plant in Chennai had to be shut for 3-4 days because of floods. We had to sacrifice some Indian numbers of the i20 to cater to the export market. Going forward, orders are very strong for the i20. There will be product upgradation going on side by side as well. We are confident of selling more than 10,000 units of the i20 and i20 Active. We are going to improve production numbers from January”, added Anand.

Can we expect the tubo petrol variant sooner as the fight from Baleno is intense???

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2800164_1.html

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 28th January 2016 at 11:26.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:16   #1433
BHPian

I asked for a quote for the I20 Asta in Bangalore and the insurance amount was about 35000 while an independent quote I got from NIA was under 17000. Is this usually the case or am I missing something?
Old 28th January 2016, 16:46   #1434
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Is this usually the case or am I missing something?
Yes, that's the case always. My son paid the following in Nov 2015 for his Hyundai i20 Active 1.4 CRDi SX AVN:

He also got a quote of ₹ 35 k for insurance from the dealer, but they agreed for our own insurance. See here for details.
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:53   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

He also got a quote of ₹ 35 k for insurance from the dealer, but they agreed for our own insurance. See here for details.
Thank You! I put forward the same query about own insurance and they said they may need to take approval. Glad they agree!
Old 28th January 2016, 20:01   #1436

Quote:
Thank You! I put forward the same query about own insurance and they said they may need to take approval. Glad they agree!
Dealers say all sort of things and they pressurize you to buy insurance only from them. They have no right to enforce such rules on customers. Even I faced this situation with Hyundai dealer in hyderabad. I was adamant and said i'll report this in teambhp forum and then he stepped back, LOL.
makk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:56   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
After searching for a good hatchback , checking the baleno and Jazz i finally booked my Ei20 Sports 2016 yesterday.

3. How long is the " run in " period and what are the precautions to be taken during the run in?

4. Since i always use tbhp recommended PDI checklist, is their anything specific i should check for this vehicle.

Request you all to enlighten me on the above and also add any info. that could prove handy to me.
Its a wonderful car & you have made a good decision.
For point 3, there is no run in period as such. Drive the way you normally would. Remember, there is no oil change post the 1K service. However, try to be sedate. No sudden lunges and avoid revving. You might take a while to get used to the clutch. Some find it too high, some find it too low.

For point 4, the most important points are the VIN, tyre pressure as someone mentioned, tyre make/date. My 2 bits would be get the 3M anti-rust under-body coat done as soon as you take delivery. On a ramp, you can check the linings and silencer of the car. Mine had some dents on the silencer but noting to worry about.
Also check that you are receiving all accessories as promised. mud flaps or boot cover mats are often missed.
AveekKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 17:39   #1438

Quote:

I asked for a quote for the I20 Asta in Bangalore and the insurance amount was about 35000 while an independent quote I got from NIA was under 17000. Is this usually the case or am I missing something?

I had a similar situation, I told them that I will get back on the topic in few days, got online quotes (with features that I needed such as cashless, zero dep, compr., engine protection, PA etc.) for 16K against 26K (showroom), then told them to match it or lose the deal. Was able to negotiate for 19K and finalise with showroom (with additional key loss cover and personal belongings cover).

Quote:
After searching for a good hatchback , checking the baleno and Jazz i finally booked my Ei20 Sports 2016 yesterday. I found it to be the right car that checks all the boxes with minimum compromises. The 2016 now has dual airbags in sports variant and all the other bells and whistles that money can buy in this range.

Good choice, I had similarly tried jazz, Baleno (no test drive in Goa yet), Punto, polo, figo and chose elite i20 asta. Got delivery yesterday and liking the feel of the car. The features and electronics are pretty good. Though could have been a little more powerful.

Few niggles with the car:
1. The Radio antenna. It's pretty long and looks shabby on a premium car. I spoke to the Dealer and they are yet to get back to me. When I asked them for the micro antenna that's available with the Asta (o), they said it will cost approx. 3.5K and they still have to check feasibility of it will fit for the Asta. I am not able to understand why not for similar cars!!

2. The car honks when locked using the smart key. Hate the unwanted attention. Still trying for the fix. Workaround is to lock using the door handle switch (drivers side).

Lastly, I was promised basic accessories plus car cover. In my excitement forgot to check on these. Called today and dealer surprised me with "the car cover does not come with this model" (memory loss), reminded that it's written on the initial document we signed and the dealer promised to keep it ready this week for collection. Also missed was the boot mat. I suggest you check all items before taking the car.
Sachin416 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 21:47   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin416 View Post

Good choice, I had similarly tried jazz, Baleno (no test drive in Goa yet), Punto, polo, figo and chose elite i20 asta. Got delivery yesterday and liking the feel of the car. The features and electronics are pretty good. Though could have been a little more powerful.
Congratulations on your buy,eagerly awaiting pictures and more details of your beauty. Yes, i too feel that a car with these proportions could have been more drool worthy if it had a few more horses under the hood, nevertheless i hope 90 ps shall be ok for me knowing that the other car i drive is a punto multijet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Its a wonderful car & you have made a good decision.
For point 3, there is no run in period as such. Drive the way you normally would. Remember, there is no oil change post the 1K service. However, try to be sedate. No sudden lunges and avoid revving. You might take a while to get used to the clutch. Some find it too high, some find it too low.

For point 4, the most important points are the VIN, tyre pressure as someone mentioned, tyre make/date. My 2 bits would be get the 3M anti-rust under-body coat done as soon as you take delivery. On a ramp, you can check the linings and silencer of the car. Mine had some dents on the silencer but noting to worry about.
Also check that you are receiving all accessories as promised. mud flaps or boot cover mats are often missed.
Thank you aveet, is shall definitely make a note of these things you mentioned, somehow it feels like Almighty is testing my patience a lot in this purchase of mine. I have faced multiple hiccups and delays from all ends be it the bank formalities or saturdays, sundays and other holidays coming together. Due to these delays i will have to buy the car at an increased price which was updated just a day ago and as per the agency a minimum wait of ten more agonizing days is proposed.

Also, am still unable to decide the tyre brand for a 205/55/r16, confused between:

-Michelin Primacy ST3
-Bridgestone b290
-Goodyear triple max assurance
Old 29th January 2016, 22:37   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
i will have to buy the car at an increased price which was updated just a day ago and as per the agency a minimum wait of ten more agonizing days is proposed.
What is the change in price? Bangalore has had the updated price list since the 1st of January with the Asta unchanged and optional going up by 20+ thousand

Most Viewed