Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 09:44   #1561
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hey

This has been discussed on this thread earlier. The first lot of i20s had some manufacturing fault for one of the rubberized part. I just got that replaced (for free, under warranty) on my 40k kms service, mine is a August 2014 model. Post the replacement the ride quality improved and the noise disappeared.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
You have done 40k kms. What is the condition of your tyres and which tyres did you receive as OEM? I am at 32500 kms and I think they'll last only till 40k kms. I got the Bridgestone B250 tyres on my Elite i20 CRDi Asta.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:59   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four.bytes View Post
We bought it in March 2015. I don't think it had airbags in Era then.
Hey four.bytes, sorry for digging up your old pos. If possible, please do share the pictures of i20 Era interiors/dashboard. We are looking at buying one but the dealer has no Era model currently to show us the interiors.
Old 1st April 2016, 13:12   #1563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Mavindro,

Great to hear that. Can you help me with sharing minute details of the overall procedure as it happened while installing Active's projectors in your elite.

Also, it would be really helpful of you if you could share your number with me. I'd want to connect with you over a call or whatsapp.
Hi Dinesh,

Since I am unable to PM you could you please inbox me your number so that I can ping/call you directly. Apologies for a delayed response. I was on continuous travel.

Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:22   #1564
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I am here to give the details of 2nd Service of my car. Everything seems to be normal at this point of time. I don’t have anything to complaint about.

Model - Elite i20 1.2 Sportz March 2015
Workshop - Himgiri Hyundai, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi
Odo - 6650 Kms
Date - 01/04/2016

Service Charges-

PARTS-
1. Engine Oil (3.6 ltr Mineral) - Rs. 887.1
2. Battery Water (1 ltr) - Rs. 17.8
3. Filter – Air Cleaner - Rs. 280.4
4. Filter Assy- Engine Oil - Rs. 83.9
5. Liquid Windshield Washer - Rs. 18.1
Sub Total - Rs. 1287.3
Tax - Rs. 227.43
Total - Rs. 1514.72

LABOUR-
1. Wheel Balancing (All Wheels) - Rs. 560
2. Wheel Alignment - Rs. 640
3. Second Free Service - Rs. 0
Sub Total - Rs. 1200
Tax - Rs. 174
Total - Rs. 1374

Total Amount Paid ( Parts + Labour +Tax) - Rs. 2889
Old 3rd April 2016, 04:07   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavindro View Post
Hi Dinesh,

Since I am unable to PM you could you please inbox me your number so that I can ping/call you directly. Apologies for a delayed response. I was on continuous travel.

Thanks
Hi Mavindro,

I can't PM you. It says that I can't PM you for some reason or your inbox is full.

Any other way?
Old 3rd April 2016, 16:48   #1566
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I have an i20 Asta Diesel bought in July 2015. In a few days I started hearing this 'Brooom' sound when I am applying brake when driving over rough road/surface. This didn't happen all the time. I reported this issue in my first service. But I could not demonstrate the issue to the service adviser. They said it might be a loose bolt somewhere and promised to torque all the bolts. The sound kinda disappeared for a few months and then it resurfaced. Initially I had to listen intently to hear it but now its very prominent with sound coming very frequently. I took the car to the servicing center (Lakshmi Hyundai, Moosapet, Hyderabad) yesterday and was able to demonstrate the issue multiple times. The service center people acknowledged that the sound is indeed coming and took in the car to check the issue. The time was 9 AM when they wrote a job card. I decided to wait in the customer lounge. At 1 PM the service adviser comes and says that they found that it is not an issue at all
As per the service adviser, the sound is being caused by ABS which is being activated when braking in rough surface. It seems Hyundai had sent out an advisory stating that this is not an issue at all. I asked the service adviser what took them so long to tell me this when they already have the advisory from Hyundai. The service adviser mumbled something about cleaning the disk pads and checking the suspension to see if the issue could be sorted. He offered a free wash to compensate my wasted Saturday morning (which I gladly accepted since my car was dirty).
I personally didn't find the explanation convincing and think there is something fishy. My car has run about 8000 KM till date. I will be going for my second service in a couple of months.
Please share your thoughts on the explanation offered.
If anybody had a similar experience, kindly guide me what has to be done.
Old 3rd April 2016, 17:39   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirmalK View Post
In a few days I started hearing this 'Brooom' sound when I am applying brake when driving over rough road/surface.
Do you get a pulsating feel from the brake pedal as well? I have a CBR250R ABS model and I get the same pulsating feeling while braking over uneven surfaces. Here's a video that explains the sound of ABS kicking in. Turn up the volume a bit, check and see if the 'Broom' sound you refer to is the same as demonstrated in the video.

Old 3rd April 2016, 18:37   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I have an i20 Asta Diesel bought in July 2015. In a few days I started hearing this 'Brooom' sound
I also feel it is the ABS. I get this sound and some vibration in the pedal on 1 particular turn, every time, but never elsewhere.

The turn has some pebbles and I attribute it to the ABS intervening
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 01:16   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I have an i20 Asta Diesel bought in July 2015. In a few days I started hearing this 'Brooom' sound when I am applying brake when driving over rough road/surface. This didn't happen all the time. I reported this issue in my first service. But I could not demonstrate the issue to the service adviser. They said it might be a loose bolt somewhere and promised to torque all the bolts. The sound kinda disappeared for a few months and then it resurfaced. Initially I had to listen intently to hear it but now its very prominent with sound coming very frequently. I took the car to the servicing center (Lakshmi Hyundai, Moosapet, Hyderabad) yesterday and was able to demonstrate the issue multiple times. The service center people acknowledged that the sound is indeed coming and took in the car to check the issue. The time was 9 AM when they wrote a job card. I decided to wait in the customer lounge. At 1 PM the service adviser comes and says that they found that it is not an issue at all
As per the service adviser, the sound is being caused by ABS which is being activated when braking in rough surface. It seems Hyundai had sent out an advisory stating that this is not an issue at all. I asked the service adviser what took them so long to tell me this when they already have the advisory from Hyundai. The service adviser mumbled something about cleaning the disk pads and checking the suspension to see if the issue could be sorted. He offered a free wash to compensate my wasted Saturday morning (which I gladly accepted since my car was dirty).
I personally didn't find the explanation convincing and think there is something fishy. My car has run about 8000 KM till date. I will be going for my second service in a couple of months.
Please share your thoughts on the explanation offered.
If anybody had a similar experience, kindly guide me what has to be done.
I was equally curious when this happened in my car for the first time. Rest assured, it's how the elite i20's ABS works specifically. Hyundai has confirmed the same but, not through any official channels and not to the customers.
Dinesh_Malhotra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 01:57   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
Do you get a pulsating feel from the brake pedal as well? I have a CBR250R ABS model and I get the same pulsating feeling while braking over uneven surfaces. Here's a video that explains the sound of ABS kicking in. Turn up the volume a bit, check and see if the 'Broom' sound you refer to is the same as demonstrated in the video.
Hi sidhu_hs,
Yes, I do get a pulsating feel on the brake pedal. It's as if there is a tuning fork under the brake pedal that's been struck at that instant.

Good to know that its not a problem. The fact that this happens at slow speeds (as low as 10 kph) filled me with suspicion that something was wrong.
Thank you all for putting my fears to rest.

Mod Note: Please avoid video links in quoted posts

Last edited by ampere : 6th April 2016 at 20:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 4th April 2016, 10:23   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I have an i20 Asta Diesel bought in July 2015. In a few days I started hearing this 'Brooom' sound when I am applying brake when driving over rough road/surface. This didn't happen all the time.
They are right about it. It is sound from ABS only and happens on rough surfaces. I also got it checked and the service adviser instantly told me it was ABS, In fact I checked with my friend's Elite i20 also. No need to worry here.
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 16:44   #1572
BHPian

Hi,

Can someone provide details of what was the defective part, that is being replaced by Hyundai, free of cost? Is there any way, I can check if my VIN number is also in the list?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 6th April 2016, 18:04   #1573
BHPian

Petrol owners, My car is due for 2nd service (crossed 8.5k) and giving it to the V3 Hyundai on Friday. Please let me know what are the things which we need to insist them to check it out. I don't feel any issues apart from the co-driver side door rattling.

Apart from Oil and oil filter changes, do they change AC filter as well?
Old 6th April 2016, 19:41   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_Kapoor4750 View Post
Hello Guys,
I am here to give the details of 2nd Service of my car. Everything seems to be normal at this point of time. I don’t have anything to complaint about.
Hey Amit,

I believe after 1 year you went for the 2nd free servicing (1 year/10,000 kms). How come you ended up paying 3k?

Last edited by ampere : 6th April 2016 at 20:38. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 7th April 2016, 09:46   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Petrol owners, My car is due for 2nd service (crossed 8.5k) and giving it to the V3 Hyundai on Friday. Please let me know what are the things which we need to insist them to check it out. I don't feel any issues apart from the co-driver side door rattling.

Apart from Oil and oil filter changes, do they change AC filter as well?
AC filter is not changed, it is just cleaned. Please go through the maintenance schedule in owner's manual and refrain from getting any additives that the SA might advise.
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed