Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 08:44   #2041
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmchandru View Post
I am planning to buy i20 Asta (CRDi) with 6 airbags (2016 model). Will be exchanging my 2012 Eon Sportz (Petrol) as part of the deal. The car has run 71k with tyres/battery changed recently. Is it worth getting Nov-Dec 2016 i20 model or should I opt for 2017.The Team-BHP price calculator helps with a great price but I am not sure the dealer would offer that. Can i negotiate for something else?

Advice needed...
If you have got a good deal, considerate discounts, planning to keep the car for long and are not too paranoid of getting a fresh off the factory line car then it is totally fine. But do the pdi vigilantly and make sure you are totally satisfied.

However if you are paying the 2017 premium(the hiked price) or anything close to it for the car it doesnt make sense to go for it.
Old 13th January 2017, 08:59   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
If you have got a good deal, considerate discounts, planning to keep the car for long and are not too paranoid of getting a fresh off the factory line car then it is totally fine. But do the pdi vigilantly and make sure you are totally satisfied.

However if you are paying the 2017 premium(the hiked price) or anything close to it for the car it doesnt make sense to go for it.
I second blackbandit. I booked a 2016 model and it doesnt bother me much since I plan to keep the car atleast 5 years. If that is not an issue and you are quoted 2016 prices with discounts, you should go for it.
vvnagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 13:03   #2043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Took delivery for my Polar white Elite i20 VTVT on thursday last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvnagan View Post
Booked an I20 Asta (petrol) with 6 airbags (2016 model). Expecting Delivery this Sunday. Details in the "I booked my Car" Thread.
Congrats guys on the Elite

Do we have any ownership threads on the elite i20 VTVT? Tried searching but couldn't find one. Having driven my roomie's fluidic i20(2012 model) wanted to understand how better or worse is the petrol in the elite? Basically driveability in city and possibly the mileage in B2B bangalore(or similar city) traffic?

Currently in splits between Baleno and Elite. Baleno's light build forced me to look at the elite although the petrol engine in the former is a better performer.

P.S : Not considering diesels as my running per month would be around 1000-1200kms plus I dont trust the NGT experts at all

Last edited by SoumenD : 13th January 2017 at 13:04.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 13:36   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congrats guys on the Elite

Do we have any ownership threads on the elite i20 VTVT? Tried searching but couldn't find one. :
Good point. I just tried searching and there doesnt seem to be one for the Elite I20 after the 6 airbag version was launched.
Old 13th January 2017, 14:06   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvnagan View Post
Good point. I just tried searching and there doesnt seem to be one for the Elite I20 after the 6 airbag version was launched.
So you know what to do once to get yours' delivered

Awaiting an ownership review
Old 13th January 2017, 15:34   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
wanted to understand how better or worse is the petrol in the elite? Basically driveability in city and possibly the mileage in B2B bangalore(or similar city) traffic?
No so nice to drive the AstaVTVT in B2B traffic. But easy to wiggle thru gaps, and rocketing on long highway runs. Picking up after slowing down, and with frequent start-stops is a headache. Not sure about the CRDI behaviour.
Mileage varies between 11 to 13(max in this forum) in city traffic.

Last edited by anoop_gkris : 13th January 2017 at 15:35.
anoop_gkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 15:45   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do we have any ownership threads on the elite i20 VTVT? Tried searching but couldn't find one. Having driven my roomie's fluidic i20(2012 model) wanted to understand how better or worse is the petrol in the elite? Basically driveability in city and possibly the mileage in B2B bangalore(or similar city) traffic?
I did not come across any independent ownership thread for the 1.2 vtvt but there is a lot discussed on the official thread here. You can collect the bits and pieces.

Regarding your query, I haven't driven the old gen i20 but the difference in numbers is marginal. A 1 bhp reduction in power and 1nm increase of torque. So it should feel more or less the same like the old gen.
There is no issue with driving in city. Power is more than adequate for city driving. I am yet to take it out on the highway so cannot comment on it yet.

Mileage in B2B - please do not expect anything more than 12. It should hover between 10-12 km per litre.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 12:32   #2048
BHPian

I had been to have a check on the new vehicle and complete the payment. While checking the car SA denied me from opening the car doors and show me the complete interiors and also told me that I cannot see the interiors of my car until it gets registered. From the previous threads I know the 19 digit VIN of Elite I20 is just below the drivers seat. Even after little bit of arguments I could not check the complete VIN of my vehicle also could not see the Odo of vehicle. Is there any way I can see these things before the vehicle goes for registration?
Old 16th January 2017, 12:36   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I had been to have a check on the new vehicle and complete the payment. While checking the car SA denied me from opening the car doors and show me the complete interiors and also told me that I cannot see the interiors of my car until it gets registered.
What nonsense action is this? Have not heard of such things from any other dealers.
Old 16th January 2017, 12:55   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I had been to have a check on the new vehicle and complete the payment.
Is there any way I can see these things before the vehicle goes for registration?
There's no rule as such! I've done a PDI for all my cars (which includes going there on a sunny day, asking the sales guy to bring the car out in the sun, checking for paint shades, engine bay, interiors, etc etc).

DO NOT allow your sales guy to take you for a ride. Insist on a complete PDI. Only if you are completely satisfied with the car is when the car can go ahead for registration. Else, change your decision.

I see that you are from Bangalore as well. May I know which dealer is this? If it is Trident, KR Puram, I can help you out.

Cheers!
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 14:06   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
There's no rule as such!

I see that you are from Bangalore as well. May I know which dealer is this? If it is Trident, KR Puram, I can help you out.

Cheers!
Thanks for your inputs Rahul. I am buying the car from Blue Hyundai at Mysore Road. I am currently in the showroom and trying to speak to the manager
Old 16th January 2017, 18:58   #2052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Currently in splits between Baleno and Elite. Baleno's light build forced me to look at the elite although the petrol engine in the former is a better performer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
No so nice to drive the AstaVTVT in B2B traffic. But easy to wiggle thru gaps, and rocketing on long highway runs. Picking up after slowing down, and with frequent start-stops is a headache. Not sure about the CRDI behaviour.
Mileage varies between 11 to 13(max in this forum) in city traffic.
I second Anoop's view.
Did a long city run over the weekend with full load (4 adults and 2 kids) and boy the car struggles over inclines with full load + ACC.
You wont realise it until you want to overtake a slow moving car ahead. There is no punch in it for those quick overtakes, more so on the inclines.

If you are used to driving a powerful car, then this will disappoint.
But then I guess most 1.2 litre engines would disappoint one way or the other.
At least this one has loads of features and lots of space to accommodate the family in luxury.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 16th January 2017 at 19:00.
Old 16th January 2017, 19:03   #2053
rbp
BHPian

I have a first gen i20. Will a cover of elite i20 fit for the first gen i20?
Old 16th January 2017, 20:39   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I have a first gen i20. Will a cover of elite i20 fit for the first gen i20?
It won't. Both are different dimensions and shapes.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 21:10   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
the car struggles over inclines with full load + ACC.
You wont realise it until you want to overtake a slow moving car ahead.
The Elite is also quite heavy. We should've had a 1.4l powerplant at least.

Quote:
At least this one has loads of features and lots of space to accommodate the family in luxury.
The luxury is the best factor to go back home to (on a drivable road) The feel, elegance, lighting and audio are all the plus factors.
Really makes you feel good as soon as you go to open the door.

I was also able to start and get it moving on third gear once, albeit very slowly. Didn't know it was in the third. Haha. Still, wouldn't have happened on any other day.

Most Viewed