Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 17:59   #2101
BHPian

Re: dashboard illumination

Hi,

The i20 website shows blue illumination, is that just because of color appears bluish on web page or there is some way to make it blue.. some settings in MID. I did not find any. Mine looks dark background.

Name:  Screenshot  2_21_2017  5_28_40 PM.png
Views: 11201
Size:  139.1 KB
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 17:18   #2102
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Question(s) to the fellow members:

Is i20 Elite's AVN System, capable of supporting Android Auto & Apple CarPlay ?
Will it require just a Software Upgrade or Change of AVN Unit Itself ?

I am in process of finalizing the i20 Asta variant. Only feature is missing is this one.
Otherwise, the car is fully loaded.

Would require your valuable comments on the same.
Old 26th February 2017, 23:27   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Question(s) to the fellow members:

Is i20 Elite's AVN System, capable of supporting Android Auto & Apple CarPlay ?

I am in process of finalizing the i20 Asta variant. Only feature is missing is this one.
Otherwise, the car is fully loaded.

Would require your valuable comments on the same.
I did have same question but finally I went ahead and took delivery on 11th Feb, my personal feeling is that it would not support, the logic behind is that Android Auto may not be able to map the physical buttons on the current AVN. At least the images of Android auto based AVNs are fully touch controlled.

Although I am not sure what more features android will give but the only drawback of the current AVN is the maps, which are not at all good.

Otherwise Media , Phone interfaces, reverse camera integration etc are fine to live with. I finally though it as not a deal breaker.
Once in a while if required I will use my phone for maps...

Last edited by sanjubaba : 26th February 2017 at 23:37.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 17:18   #2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
Have you got engine lacquering done?I had the same burning smell after I got Engine Lacquering done at 3M after buying the car,the smell stayed for a 2-3 months and went away on its own.
I admit experiencing this.

I recently took my Hyundai Grand i10 for its 2nd free service (12 months/10,000 kms) to Trident Hyundai near K.R. Puram railway, Bangalore - who did engine lacquering (never gave me a choice - they took the decision on their own).

I noticed the engine bay heating up and emitting a strange smell the very next day - after a drive of only 5 kilometres. I even mentioned it to my friend - but then didn't think about it again - till I read your comment. Is this normal?
Old 27th February 2017, 17:57   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
I've been researching on this as well. From what I understand, Hyundai offered a DIY software upgrade for Sonata owners in the US to enable Android Auto on existing AVN.

At the same time, Google's FAQ page says it needs 2 USB slots/ dedicated USB to enable Android Auto in the HU.

Maybe the US Sonata already had a capable USB slot and just need a software patch? If that's correct, a software upgrade + a USB replacement (if not capable already) should allow Android Auto in existing AVNs.

Although I doubt Hyundai will be so benevolent for the Indian market. I hear Creta 2017 exported from India has AA but the Indian version doesn't get it

IMO you should consider getting the HU replaced in 12-18 months if AA and/or mirrorlink is a must. Presently I run it on my phone and works just as good

EDIT
Have a looky:

Quote:
Automakers are not certain whether any of their current connected-car systems will be upgradable to use Android Auto in the future, but most say they won't be. The one exception is Hyundai, which has said its current 2016 Sonata should be upgradable. However, a company representative stopped short of guaranteeing that it would work in the future.
You can replace your existing car stereo or navigation system and purchase a new in-dash infotainment system that works with Android Auto. The first system to work with both Android Auto and CarPlay is an aftermarket model from Pioneer, the $1,400 AVIC-8100NEX. It has two USB ports — one that works with Android phones and another for iPhones. Drivers can plug both phones in simultaneously and switch between phones and their supported apps via the settings menu.
Source: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-...ews-20799.html

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 27th February 2017 at 18:09.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 19:14   #2106
BHPian

hi, from the past few days from the front suspension, some sound is coming, only when the car glides across a tall bump. its not the bush issue. any ideas what it can be?
Old 27th February 2017, 20:43   #2107
BHPian

Thanks Sanjubaba & Nonstop-driver for the valuable inputs.
Yeah, I guess Hyundai may not provide DIY upgrade. Since, the current AVN does not have 2 USB Ports & it has Physical buttons as well.

Will try to figure out the same from Hyundai. Will write to them about it.
Hopefully, should get an official reply.
Old 28th February 2017, 14:14   #2108
BHPian

I was going through one of the reports on the recently bought i20s and saw that they have enabled the auto-locking on speed option now via MID in the Asta model. Can we get it enabled via a software update for the 2014 (Elite i20) purchased cars as well ? Has anyone done so during a recent service ?
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 15:44   #2109
BHPian

Gents, I am planning to get my car serviced from Kunal Motors at Vile Parle in Mumbai. Has any one got their car serviced from them? If so please do share your experience as this is the 1st time I am going to a different service centre!
Old 28th February 2017, 22:07   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
hi, from the past few days from the front suspension, some sound is coming, only when the car glides across a tall bump. its not the bush issue. any ideas what it can be?
I am also getting this from last 2 months or so. I initially thought it is due to some suspension component needing some greasing. It is definitely not from the bush. Also, I moved to a new area in these last 2months ,I blamed it on the bumps in this area for the sound (in my mind). Will get it checked in the upcoming service in the following month. Will update this thread accordingly.
Old 1st March 2017, 10:50   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I was going through one of the reports on the recently bought i20s and saw that they have enabled the auto-locking on speed option now via MID in the Asta model. Can we get it enabled via a software update for the 2014 (Elite i20) purchased cars as well ? Has anyone done so during a recent service ?
I went to the service center to get this done specially, but the SC confirmed this is not possible, we hooked up the external monitor to check this as well, but our system doesnt have this option at all.

Also I got the software of the AVN system updated to 2017 version. I have the pre-6 airbags Asta O with 7 inch system.

Go to the service center and get this updated for the people who havent done so, it has made the responsiveness of touch slightly better
dhruvwali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 12:13   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
I went to the service center to get this done specially, but the SC confirmed this is not possible, we hooked up the external monitor to check this as well, but our system doesnt have this option at all.

Also I got the software of the AVN system updated to 2017 version. I have the pre-6 airbags Asta O with 7 inch system.

Go to the service center and get this updated for the people who havent done so, it has made the responsiveness of touch slightly better
what is the version number after upgrade? my car was delivered in Feb 17 so may be already on latest version but will check.
Old 1st March 2017, 12:31   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
what is the version number after upgrade? my car was delivered in Feb 17 so may be already on latest version but will check.
New version -

System Sw - IB.IN.PRO.1.0 -> 6.1.0.2.8.1
Firmware - IB.IN.PRO -> 8.2.6
Old 1st March 2017, 19:05   #2114
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Took my car to reset the steering sensor last week after i did alignment correction post 40k km.
SA mentioned that they are reseting the sensor as well as correcting the steering center.
After the corrections, my steering behavior appears to have changed a lot.
There is a lot more of artificial feedback now.
The steering has become a lot more heavy when the car is in motion.
The feedback intensity has increased and the steering fights a lot to return to the center now.
Sometimes i feel disconnected to the wheels and feel like steering is having its own mind.
Not an expert on steering feedback, but feels strange after having driven the car for 40k km.
Anyone else facing similar issues?

Last edited by ps_abhijith : 1st March 2017 at 19:06.
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:19   #2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Anyone else facing similar issues?
Wow, I got 1 person who has felt the same about the steering. Please read my post #2083. I too have faced the same after my paid service. Further, I'm getting pain in my shoulders on long drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks