Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 15:17   #2701
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Let's say the ex-showroom price 3 years ago was 600000
IDV during purchase of the car: 570000 (95% of 600000)
IDV during 1st renewal of insurance: 513000 (90% of 570000)
IDV during 2nd renewal of insurance: 461700 (90% of 513000)
and so on.

Some insurance companies provide with higher IDV (like the 2nd renewal IDV would be the same similar to the first renewal IDV with negligible difference). If such is the case, you can ask them to reduce to IDV to optimum price and then calculate the premium to be paid. IMO, the IDV should neither be too high nor too low.

BTW, you can try getting an estimate from Future Generali. They usually quote optimal IDV and do not unnecessarily play with the IDV values.
Thankyou so much for the insights sir. Yes, I did check out Future Generali, and in fact, I have shortlisted it, along with HDFC Ergo and Tata AIG. I will evaluate a bit more between these three and take a call.
Old 23rd March 2019, 00:15   #2702
BHPian

Hi.. which is the best tyre brand for elite i20? Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old 23rd March 2019, 19:50   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Yes, that's true. I had the same component failure a year back at around 45k mark and 3rd year. It was replaced under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Shouldn't Hyundai issue a recall or something?
I had escalated this issue with Hyundai back in November. The regional manager in Chennai promised to send the part for further tests and if they find fault with the part, then I would get a refund.

After a wait for 4 months, I have been told by the dealer that I will get a refund of something around Rs 5,000. Hopefully should get the credit in my account in a couple of days.

Things like these restores faith in the brand.

Regarding the tyres. I replaced my tyres with Conti MC 5. When compared to the OE Bridgestone tyres I could see a world of difference in ride quality and noise.
Old 25th March 2019, 17:21   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
My experience with my brother's 2014 i20 Petrol (1.2 Manual) has been quite different. Those days Odd-Even was being implemented in Delhi, & I got 15-17 kmpl depending on time I drove the car (I was serving APAC clients). I have mentioned the same on fuel efficiency thread as well.

In fact, my brother has managed 17 kmpl (with AC usage) on his Taj Expressway & Jaipur (multiple) drives. 15 KMPL was something his colleague managed on these routes, & the gent drives with a heavy right foot.

The car is bit heavier than competitors that adds to premium feeling, but blunts the top end performance. Yet it is quite good if you are doing legal speeds.
I too manage 17 kmpl on my i20 petrol manual on Taj expressway and no way do i find the car underpowered or lacking in efficiency. Also happen to own an Elantra At petrol which gives be 15 kmpl on the Taj expressway and 12 in City conditions. Both Great Cars in their own might
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 17:06   #2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
My experience with my brother's 2014 i20 Petrol (1.2 Manual) has been quite different. Those days Odd-Even was being implemented in Delhi, & I got 15-17 kmpl depending on time I drove the car (I was serving APAC clients). I have mentioned the same on fuel efficiency thread as well.
I would second this comment.

I have a manual 1.2 Asta (O) purchased in Sep'15. I get 17+ on highways with two healthy passengers (including myself) and luggage of 2 suitcases. This is achieved when speeds hover around 100kmph (+ or - 10). A recent Kolhapur trip from mumbai gave me 19.7kmpl when i drove at 80-100 kmph. City mileage in mumbai hovers ard 12kmpl. All this with AC on.

I would suggest few techniques that have helped me
1. While acceleration-

accelerate to desired speed, then remove your foot from the accelerator pedal and then gradually press it again, do this till you feel the engine is able to maintain the speed you earlier achieved. But do note that this input or pedal lever travel will not be equal to the amount you pressed during acceleration. This operation should last max 2-3 seconds, so that you don't feel the rubber band effect. The science behind this is that the the new age engines require less fuel to maintain the speeds, as compared to achieving them.

2. While stopping -

If there is a speed breaker or instances where you will need you to reduce your speed, and have realized them from a sufficient distance, try to use engine braking and to an extent, before going for the brakes. This will build the habit to stop giving accelerator inputs till the time you press brake pedal.

This will increase travel time, by few minutes, but will greatly reduce the wear and tear of components (brake pads, tyres, suspension componets etc) and also your drive will be very smooth.

Do let me know if this helps. Cheers!!
drive@will is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 15:57   #2706
BHPian

I have a 2017 Asta (O) crdi. But the seat covers which come with the car are in light colour. Maintenence is a big issue.. The other day, i was cleaning the car in bright sun, and a drop of my sweat dripped on to the seat. Now, we have a dot which is visible on the seat even after drying.

we are informed that since it is a 6 airbag equipped car, we are not supposed to alter or put seat covers over the original factory fitted seats

Any ideas / suggestions / reccommendations for the above prolem,
Old 1st April 2019, 16:50   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
we are informed that since it is a 6 airbag equipped car, we are not supposed to alter or put seat covers over the original factory fitted seats

Any ideas / suggestions / reccommendations for the above prolem,
I feel at the most you can try some type of seat cushions. I found these on amazon. I doubt if there is any other way to change the covers. Try to protect the seat areas which are horizontal.

https://www.amazon.in/Leoie-Comforta...%2C296&sr=8-51

or these

https://www.amazon.in/SLB-Works-Univ...%2C273&sr=8-34

Last edited by rajivtelang : 1st April 2019 at 16:55.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 15:02   #2708
BHPian

I have a 2010 i20 Asta. The Flip Key of my car recently gave up. Initially, I thought the battery was out so replaced the cell with a new one. But still the car was not locking/unlocking.
The Red LED is blinking 3 times when the buttons are pressed. The accessories guy told me that the light blinks only once in case of a dead battery and I should get it checked.

Any idea about what could be the problem?
Old 7th April 2019, 13:34   #2709
BHPian

Have been searching for 20-80 (3rd gear) and 40-100 (4th gear) acceleration figures for Elite i20 (and i20 Active) diesel. Couldn't find it in any of the threads nor ACI which usually publishes acceleration figures.
Can anyone please share this info ?
Old 16th April 2019, 14:27   #2710
BHPian

I've noticed that on the passenger side in the footwell, there is no real cover or anything. I'm able to even touch some of the wires etc. Is this yet another side effect of cost cutting or is there something missing in my car?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_6001.jpg  

Old 19th April 2019, 11:23   #2711
BHPian

Anyone using the Racedynamics Dieseltronic piggyback ECU on their elite i20 CRDI?

Looking for first hand information on the improvement in power, since reviews are hard to come by

Thanks!
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:03   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I've noticed that on the passenger side in the footwell, there is no real cover or anything. I'm able to even touch some of the wires etc. Is this yet another side effect of cost cutting or is there something missing in my car?

Nothing missing in your car. It's normal.
Old 1st May 2019, 23:24   #2713

Hello everyone,

I am planning to buy i 20 Elite CVT Petrol Asta in Delhi. I am a bit concerned by the fuel economy reported by some of the owners being in the range of 6-8 in the city. The car will be used primarily by wife for short commute and occasional out of the town trips. Could some owners report what is their experience.

Thanks !
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:04   #2714
BHPian

The left most AC vent adjuster is broken after 4 years of use. (I think a separate scroll device for opening and closing the vents would have increased the longitivtiy of the vent adjuster)

Wanted to understand if anyone has got similar repair done earlier on his/her car ? Will the dashboard be opened up to fix this and how much does the repair cost approximately including labour ?
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:40   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 View Post
I have a 2010 i20 Asta. The Flip Key of my car recently gave up. Initially, I thought the battery was out so replaced the cell with a new one. But still the car was not locking/unlocking.
The Red LED is blinking 3 times when the buttons are pressed. The accessories guy told me that the light blinks only once in case of a dead battery and I should get it checked.

Any idea about what could be the problem?
Hi, did not see any response to this post.

Does your vehicle have a start stop button or a key slot to crank the engine?
If a key slot, is the flippy key locking unlocking the doors if the door lock is operated manually?
Is this key cranking the engine?

If answer to points 2 & 3 is yes, then it maybe an issue with the RF transponder in the key. Since you also mentioned changing the battery in the key fob.

Get it checked at HASS. Key fob for my i10 asta had conked out due to water soaking. The buttons didn't operate but the physical key was operating.

Regards
Nikhil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks