Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 10:13   #2761
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Facing a funky issue with my audio system. When I start my car, the audio is a bit feeble. Within 3-7 minutes of driving, I hear what appears to be loose contact and the volume suddenly going back to normal levels (not touching the volume level or even playing with the controls!)

Anyone else faced a similar issue? I'm thinking of taking the car to ASS and getting the audio wiring checked.

Own an i20 elite 2017 Asta (O) model, with the stock HU.

Last edited by DDiSLover : 19th August 2019 at 10:14. Reason: added more information
Old 19th August 2019, 15:36   #2762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo-Fan View Post
The post is regarding a nagging problem that I have been facing for quite some time. I have a 2018 model elite i20 sportz with an OEM keyless entry. The problem that I am having is the honk honk sound that I get while locking and unlocking the car. Is there any way to get rid of this sound?
Welcome to the forum mate! See you around.

As for the honking - a good gesture from your side indeed to reduce noise pollution.

I think in most cars that have this horn feedback - it can be switched off by pressing the lock & unlock both buttons on the keyfob together for 3 seconds or something. it gives a feedback by blinking twice and honking I think in most cars. I think similar setup is present on Creta also.

Please have a look if that works. Note that I have not tried this myself on any Hyundai. I'm just suggesting based on what I have seen on other cars.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 21:22   #2763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Welcome to the forum mate! See you around.

As for the honking - a good gesture from your side indeed to reduce noise pollution.

I think in most cars that have this horn feedback - it can be switched off by pressing the lock & unlock both buttons on the keyfob together for 3 seconds or something. it gives a feedback by blinking twice and honking I think in most cars. I think similar setup is present on Creta also.

Please have a look if that works. Note that I have not tried this myself on any Hyundai. I'm just suggesting based on what I have seen on other cars.
Thank you Reinhard for your suggestion.
I pressed the lock and unlock buttons for 3, 5 and 10 seconds respectively, unfortunately it does not seem to work. There was no feed back from the car.
Once again thank you for your suggestion.
Turbo-Fan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 09:30   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo-Fan View Post
Thank you Reinhard for your suggestion.
I pressed the lock and unlock buttons for 3, 5 and 10 seconds respectively, unfortunately it does not seem to work. There was no feed back from the car.
Once again thank you for your suggestion.
Another option you have is to use the button on the door handles, instead of using the key hob. Granted this only works when you're right next to the car
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:40   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
And, 33K+labour charges is only in case of flywheel replacement. In case if its just the clutch plate (and other related part) replacement, then it would be about 16-18K + labour charges.

Yes, it is steep indeed! Everywhere they have these posters at the service center differentiating Hyundai with other manufacturers, in terms of running costs, but now I feel its just a gimmick. I had a VW Vento TDI earlier which had done about 56K kms in 2.5 years before I sold it off. I never had to pay anything extra, apart from the service costs which used to be around 12K, and that too with a service interval of 15K kms. While, here for an i20, I am paying roughly around 8-9K during every 10K service. This is ridiculous!
I have been facing hard clutch and sticky gear shift. Recently I drove to Tiruvottiyur, Chennai. The last 9km stretch between Mint and Tiruvottiyur had huge traffic pile up because of ongoing metro work and all the 9 km were covered in 1st gear and occasionally 2nd. The clutch gave a good work out to my leg and it felt like a leg day in the gym.

I have decided to not wait and get it replaced before it damages the flywheel and associated components. I have given my car to Kun Hyundai, Pallakaranai.

The service advisor tells me that clutch disc, pressure plate, and clutch release bearing will be replaced (cost estimate – Rs. 18K) and if the problem still persists, then flywheel, master and slave cylinder will need to be changed as well.

Hope that replacing clutch disc, pressure plate and clutch release bearing solves the issue.

I too feel that maintenance cost is increasing every year. While Hyundai’s website says that average maintenance cost per year is in the region of Rs. 4500 for the first 5 years, I feel otherwise.

I have serviced my car 4 times at A.S.S.
• 10k and 20k km service - I paid around Rs 4500.
• 30k service has been the most expensive at around Rs 12,500.
• 40k km service was roughly around Rs. 7,500.
• Now clutch servicing – around Rs. 18,000.

P.S. Hyundai’s 1.4 engine doesn’t have enough low-end torque to propel the vehicle in 2nd gear and people end up using the clutch often. I have noticed that some of my friends and relatives tend to move the i20 CRDi in second gear at low speeds. This will be the cause for premature replacement of parts. I usually shift to first in those speeds.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 23rd August 2019 at 11:41.
katchkamalesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:50   #2766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Facing a funky issue with my audio system. When I start my car, the audio is a bit feeble. Within 3-7 minutes of driving, I hear what appears to be loose contact and the volume suddenly going back to normal levels (not touching the volume level or even playing with the controls!)

Own an i20 elite 2017 Asta (O) model, with the stock HU.
When you feel the audio "bit feeble", please check if you are getting the sound from all the speakers. If any of the speakers are not giving output, the sound will feel feeble.

When a speaker turns on, it gives a "Tak" sound. This may be appearing as a loose contact. And once the speaker turns on, you will be getting a "normal" volume.

This is likely to be a problem in the tuner itself and not the wiring.

Since yours is a 2017 model, it shall still be under warranty. Please get this checked ASAP.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 23rd August 2019 at 11:52.
Old 23rd August 2019, 15:30   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
When you feel the audio "bit feeble", please check if you are ... Please get this checked ASAP.
Thanks for the input, I'll get it checked. I have a feeling that all the speakers + my woofer operate at a feeble volume till it kicks back. Don't think it is a speaker(s) that isn't working. I'll check anyway. Thank you!
Old 24th August 2019, 20:07   #2768
BHPian

Hey Guys!

I have been driving an elite i20 1.2 magna for almost a year now and so far i am quite happy with my car. And one fine day i developed this itch to have a aftermarket fog lamp set to tackle poor visibility conditions especially during rains. I got one set with led drl and it does its job pretty well. Now since the enthusiasm somewhat settled, i am quite worried if it would affect my warranty anyhow.. I know this might be a little naive question but would appreciate all inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_5252.jpg  

Old 26th August 2019, 18:34   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby92 View Post
Now since the enthusiasm somewhat settled, i am quite worried if it would affect my warranty anyhow.
Yes. Altering the electrical parts of the car would lead to void of warranty. That's the only reason why I still haven't upgraded the headlights. But these kind of issues depend on dealers and the rapport you have with the SA. My friend has upgraded headlights and done ECU remap also. But he has used warranty claim on suspension and A/C issues. So it all depends on the relationship with the dealer.

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 15:54   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby92 View Post
Hey Guys!

I got one set with led drl and it does its job pretty well.
Could you share the price details and how complicated the installation was?

Also some night pics would be appreciated.
Old 31st August 2019, 20:43   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Yes. Altering the electrical parts of the car would lead to void of warranty.
TK
Alright, I think if i’ll able to convince the SA that OEM wiring hasn’t been tampered, might be able to get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Also some night pics would be appreciated.
It costed me approx. 2500 including installation. The process was fairly simple, a parallel wiring was done from headlamp unit and no drilling/cutting was involved, stock fog lamp housing was perfectly fit for this set. Though since the bumper had to removed, it was quite time consuming task to fix the same. Here are some night shots, please excuse picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-0fd96fa09a89488ab7e06724a14ca96c.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-7037ebde53764301a34e8f4ea522ffbb.jpeg  

Old 2nd September 2019, 20:52   #2772
BHPian

Was planning to change the stock horns in my Elite i20 with the Creta trumpet horns. Bought the new horns from Mobis store and managed to carry out this simple DIY during the weekend. No connections were cut and no need to modify the horn mounts. The result is very good!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190825_084558__01.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190825_084604__01.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20190825_084610__01__01.jpg  

vijayvelprakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 11:27   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Was planning to change the stock horns in my Elite i20 with the Creta trumpet horns. Bought the new horns from Mobis store and managed to carry out this simple DIY during the weekend. No connections were cut and no need to modify the horn mounts. The result is very good!!!
Could you please share the price of the horns?
Old 10th September 2019, 11:37   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Could you please share the price of the horns?
Low Pitch Horn (Part Number 96610-C9000) - Rs. 1300

High Pitch Horn (Part Number 96620-C9000) - Rs. 1300
vijayvelprakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 13:05   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Low Pitch Horn (Part Number 96610-C9000) - Rs. 1300

High Pitch Horn (Part Number 96620-C9000) - Rs. 1300
Thanks for the highly accurate and specific reply boss! Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks