Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2019, 16:46   #2791
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing a considerable decline in pick-up along with jerky gear-shifts. At times, I've to downshift to 1st in a moving traffic as the car is not able to take the load. What can be the reason?

The car was recently serviced at 40K Kms, oil was changed to fully synthetic and the now the ODO stands at 41K.
Rienhard has already given some pointers which would be the first point to check.
Other thing which I would really like to suggest since I had seen car perform better after that was cleaning up the MAF sensor. I was also worried about my EGR getting clogged but 40k is too low for that I suppose. MAF sensor cleaning might yield good results. The service centre can do it in 5-10 mins and usually don't charge for this.
Old 21st October 2019, 16:48   #2792
BHPian

Hey guys!
I couldn’t find related thread, so posting my noob question here. I wanted to get the wheel alignment done and a good friend of mine has suggested me that to get it done from Hyundai ASC itself citing some possible steering calibration issues. Is this true?
Some insight would be greatly appreciated here.
Old 21st October 2019, 18:23   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby92 View Post
Hey guys!
I couldn’t find related thread, so posting my noob question here. I wanted to get the wheel alignment done and a good friend of mine has suggested me that to get it done from Hyundai ASC itself citing some possible steering calibration issues. Is this true?
No, this is not true at all. Any good wheel alignment store will do it properly (and some ASCs actually use external services anyway!). It will also be cheaper to do it outside.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:55   #2794
Senior - BHPian

In my 3 year old Asta, a few months back, the cabin light had stopped working few when the doors are opened, although functions when the button is pressed.

Realized last weekend that the Auto headlamps are acting crazy, switching on and off intermittently, even when it is night time. Trial and error on the stalk make me realize it is not the sensor, but some issue with the stalk. A slight twist from the default auto mode and it worked. But stopped working shortly after stalk moved back to default auto position.
Headlamps work manually.

3rd service coming up in a month or so. Anyone who faced similar issues, please advice on the remedy.

PS: I had bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:26   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys!
Some insight would be greatly appreciated here.
I have always got the Wheel Alignment done from outside for our Elite i20 Asta CRDi Mar 2015 that has run 1,79,000+ kms.

Just remember to align the Steering Wheel STRAIGHT before allowing the Wheel Alignment person to perform Alignment from below the car.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:11   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any good wheel alignment store will do it properly (and some ASCs actually use external services anyway!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I Just remember to align the Steering Wheel STRAIGHT before allowing the Wheel Alignment person to perform Alignment
Thank you gentlemen this is definitely reassuring. What should be the ideal frequency of having the alignment checked. Owing to i20’s artificial feedback i am not sure if lot many people can actually judge if alignment is needed or not.
Old 23rd October 2019, 21:31   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What should be the ideal frequency of having the alignment checked. Owing to i20’s artificial feedback i am not sure if lot many people can actually judge if alignment is needed or not.
It depends on the type of road you drive and the speed of your car over these roads.

I get it done every 15000-20000kms.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 10:47   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen this is definitely reassuring. What should be the ideal frequency of having the alignment checked. Owing to i20’s artificial feedback i am not sure if lot many people can actually judge if alignment is needed or not.
Would suggest to get alignment/balancing and rotation done along with every service-10k interval. This is what I stick to.

Have covered a little over 40k kms and have never had alignment issues so far. Usage is 80% good roads/highways and 20% city/village roads.
aditya.86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 16:31   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
a few months back, the cabin light had stopped working .... Realized last weekend that the Auto headlamps are acting crazy .... 3rd service coming up in a month or so. Anyone who faced similar issues, please advice on the remedy.

PS: I had bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase.
Hey Vinit,

While I have never had this particular problem with my i20, I can tell you that if your car's under warranty, it's best to take it to HASS and have them check it out.

I also wouldn't rule out a blown fuse so ensure to get those checked as well.
Old 28th October 2019, 20:10   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
No, this is not true at all. Any good wheel alignment store will do it properly (and some ASCs actually use external services anyway!). It will also be cheaper to do it outside.
I was doing my wheel alignment for the Elite i20 at Madhus, Bangalore. However, unlike my other cars, after doing the alignment, it used to slighly pull to the left (or right). Apparently, the Elite i20 has a steering angle sensor which has to be reset after each alignment. This cannot be done by Madhus since the steering angle sensor reset is part of the Hyundai Diagnostic software (GDS or G-Scan).

Nikhil of Madhus also advised me to get the alignment done at an AS* since they cannot reset the sensor.

So, much as would not like to, I have started getting the alignment at Trident Hyundai Adugodi.

My other car, a 10 year old i10, alignment is done at Madhus - I dont have any issues and am quite happy with them. Of course the i10 does not have a steering angle sensor so the problem does not arise at all.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 15:01   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Apparently, the Elite i20 has a steering angle sensor which has to be reset after each alignment. This cannot be done by Madhus since the steering angle sensor reset is part of the Hyundai Diagnostic software (GDS or G-Scan).

Nikhil of Madhus also advised me to get the alignment done at an AS* since they cannot reset the sensor.
Though i have not faced alignment issues till date, this is definitely some new info. Will try the authorized service for alignment the next time.
Old 4th November 2019, 18:54   #2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Don’t think Hyundai sells the AVN system as an accessory/spare. Also the USB/AUX port is different on the AVN models and wiring is also different. You get the wiring for the USB, but you’ll lose the AUX function. (You can get it to work, but you’ll need to splice factory wires)

I did a similar conversion for my Verna last year.
I have installed the OEM AVN system in my i20 elite.Everything worked fine for a while but then the GPS has stopped working.
It is a very weird problem.
The position of my car does not change not does the time gets updated.
The position is stationary in the place it last got updated I cant remember when.
However, it worked flawlessly when I visited a hill station a few months back and worked till the time I got back home.
The next day when i started up the same problem cropped up.
The gps antenna is installed near the front A pillar on the passenger side.I have tried keeping it on the hood but didn't help.
Please let me know if you can identify the issue here.
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th November 2019, 20:22   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Apparently, the Elite i20 has a steering angle sensor which has to be reset after each alignment. This cannot be done by Madhus since the steering angle sensor reset is part of the Hyundai Diagnostic software (GDS or G-Scan).

Is this true with all the variants or only the Top-end Asta variant? I have a Elite i20 Sportz version. Just today I have done my alignment at Madhu's and feeling some what my car is pulling towards right post alignment was done.
Old 5th November 2019, 13:51   #2804
BHPian

Need an urgent help. Does anyone know whether the head unit of 1st gen elite i20 2015 model has separate port for connecting sub-woofer? Planning to install Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A
Old 5th November 2019, 16:50   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Is this true with all the variants or only the Top-end Asta variant?
It is applicable to all variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks