Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 09:08   #2806
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Is this true with all the variants or only the Top-end Asta variant? I have a Elite i20 Sportz version. Just today I have done my alignment at Madhu's and feeling some what my car is pulling towards right post alignment was done.
This is what I was saying. This happened to me also - Went directly to AS* and did the steering angle reset.
Having said that the 2nd time I did the alignment (at Madhus also), the car was running ok, but then after the steering angle reset, the position of the steering wheel was little to the left when driving straight.
Aligned it at the AS* and now it is much better but not perfect - they are clueless and giving some vague answers like tightening of suspension bolts etc.
Decided to live with it for now - on the bright side, they have promised me a free alignment when I service the car in December.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:57   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Having said that the 2nd time I did the alignment (at Madhus also), the car was running ok, but then after the steering angle reset, the position of the steering wheel was little to the left when driving straight.
Aligned it at the AS* and now it is much better but not perfect - they are clueless and giving some vague answers like tightening of suspension bolts etc.
Decided to live with it for now - on the bright side, they have promised me a free alignment when I service the car in December.

I had been to Advaith Hyundai today morning and specifically asked them to run the scan and reset the Steering angle. They were insisting me to go through the entire the wheel alignment but I refused and asked them to do just what I had asked for. They ran the scan and reset the angle while I was speaking to SA and showed me the results of after resetting it.

I guess this is just a trick by Hyundai to get the service done at their authorized service centers.

Anyways post resetting the angle everything is back to normal.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:18   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways post resetting the angle everything is back to normal.
Nice! By chance did you check what entry has appeared in the job card / invoice / service history? I'm curious to know if they have a specific task item & SKU for just the sensor alignment work & its associated labour cost etc.
Old 6th November 2019, 16:27   #2809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nice! By chance did you check what entry has appeared in the job card / invoice / service history? I'm curious to know if they have a specific task item & SKU for just the sensor alignment work & its associated labour cost etc.
I also had to change the break pads and the invoice or the job card did not have any entry apart from replacement of break pads. They did not charge me anything for running scan.

Last edited by meetbadri : 6th November 2019 at 16:27. Reason: Addition of a point.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:29   #2810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also had to change the break pads and the invoice or the job card did not have any entry apart from replacement of break pads. They did not charge me anything for running scan.
Hmm, so I'm guessing for getting just this done, the approach has to be to be stubborn with them and demand for this like you did. Not an item they are doing as standard without wheel alignment.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 14:22   #2811
BHPian

2019 Hyundai I20 Sportz+ DSL comes home!

Just took the delivery of my 2019 Hyundai I20 Sportz+ DSL in Typhoon Silver color. Took full benefits of the 50% reduction in road tax prevailing in Goa till this year end.

Car came in basic accessories fitted. Floor lamination + OEM leatherette seat & steering covers + 3M Paint/Anti-corrosion package given away as part of the deal with the car. Upgrades done was swapping the OEM dual horn with the ones from the Hyundai Creta. Its a direct fit as the sockets are the same. Cost is ~3000INR.

Another very important along with visually pleasing upgrade done is rubber upgrade from OEM fitment Bridgestone B250 to Continental Max Contact MC5 (Using it already on my Honda City. Just loved them!) and swapped the OEM 15' gun metal alloys with OEM 16' diamond cut alloys which come as std fitment on the Asta (O) & DT color options. Tyres and alloys sourced from my good friend and a known tyre dealer in Goa named Sini Tyre Care, Porvorim. Mr. Sarvesh Bhagat, owner of Sini Tyre Care informed me about a car that swapped the 16inchers right after delivery for Momo alloys from him and got the entire deal packaged for around 22K INR which even includes 15' spare rim upgrade with a usable good condition tyre.

Attaching the pics of my car which I have named as STARSCREAM which now joins my existing 2018 Honda City V i-Vtec which I named as IRONHIDE. Enjoy the pictures

Presenting to you STARSCREAM

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20191122_174503.jpg

STARSCREAM & IRONHIDE meeting each other during the tyre change. The City too had its tyres upsized and changed to MC5 right after delivery.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20191122_174603.jpg

Like all my previous vehicles (4 wheeler). These too get the T-Bhp keychain and they sport em with pride!

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20191122_175638.jpg

Lastly a Before & After picture after wheel/tyre upgrade!

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1574431616861.jpg
akshayhonda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 18:55   #2812
Senior - BHPian

Nearly one year up on the Elite i20 which my wife uses, and hence had to head to the service centre for the 1st year service. Although the car had covered less than 5k, the 1 year service interval meant that oil and filter change was due. Ended up with an invoice of Rs.3500, in which the single biggest component was the Synthetic oil which was close to Rs.2400.

So is synthetic the quality which is the default one for the i20? If a free service with utmost basic essentials cost about Rs.3500 for a Petrol car, what is the estimate for a full blown service?

Even my 1 year old Creta had a bill very similar to this and hence wondering why the i20 seemed rather expensive in that regard, again main component being the synthetic oil.
Old 23rd November 2019, 21:10   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post

Attaching the pics of my car which I have named as STARSCREAM
Attachment 1938244

Congratulations. One question why is the wheel gap more in the after picture ?
Old 23rd November 2019, 21:40   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
From the looks of it the wheels have been upsized to the 16 inch rims of the asta(o) variant from the stock 15 inch rims.
Old 23rd November 2019, 22:33   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Thanks for the wishes. It appears like that because of the change in alloys color/design. The spec is the same as OEM. So no difference.
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 11:53   #2816

Extended Warranty conundrum

Hi all,
Background:
My wife and I were looking to get a car for ourselves for weekend getaways in Bangalore. We finalized elite i20 Magna+ variant. After talking to a couple of distributors, finalized Trident Showroom Hosur road (only because of the lucrative deal)
The deal included and I have that in writing:
1. Total cost including registration, insurance, basic accessories, handling charges, Fastag, extended warranty --> 7,00,000, getting a discount of close to 80,000
2. Upon pushing, SA also agreed to give me Seat Covers, Body cover, and Parcel tray within the price. This was not given in writing and when I asked the reason, he said Hyundai audits all the booking forms, so he can’t give it in writing. Luckily, I had WhatsApp chat for this
3. We went ahead, booked the car and paid 20,000 booking amount on October 11th
4. As both of us were travelling after 15th for almost a month, SA agreed to deliver the car after November 2nd week. (We had disclosed it to the SA well in advance)
5. We paid the full amount after returning back in November month. SA got the car to the showroom, and I did PDI (as per team BHP’s list) on 19th November
5. When I asked SA about the additional accessories that he had promised, he straight away rejected saying we never discussed this. I showed him WhatsApp messages, and reluctantly he agreed.
6. 20th November, on the day of delivery, when he was giving me all the documents, I asked him about extended warranty. He again said, this was not agreed. I showed him his handwritten paper note
7. This time he couldn’t say anything and said that it is difficult now to add extended warranty as the invoice generated was in November. Both SA and his manager have straight away rejected that they can’t provide me extended warranty in this price
8. Another thing, I was promised 5litres of fuel. After driving the car for 12-13 km, when I went to the fuel pump, my car drank up 39 litres of fuel. Surprising it has only a 40 litre tank.

Current Scenario: I have raised a complaint on Hyundai's website, but I am yet to receive a call from their side.
Please guide me as to what further I should do. I feel cheated as I am not getting whatever I was promised

Thanks,
Abhinav
abhi.modi05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 12:21   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Re: Extended Warranty conundrum

Sorry to hear that what should have been a happy occasion of bringing home a new car has been marred by salesmen going back on their word. Good that you logged a complaint with Hyundai - keep following it up.

Also, I don't know if like Maruti, Hyundai also keeps those feedback forms in the dealership for the customer to list his experience. If so, get one, fill it up with your experience & post to the address on it. Maruti takes this very seriously and I am hoping Hyundai also does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05
This time he couldn’t say anything and said that it is difficult now to add extended warranty as the invoice generated was in November. Both SA and his manager have straight away rejected that they can’t provide me extended warranty in this price
Since this was given in writing to you and was what they accepted, going back on this is a no-no. They have to honour their word and agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05
Another thing, I was promised 5litres of fuel. After driving the car for 12-13 km, when I went to the fuel pump, my car drank up 39 litres of fuel. Surprising it has only a 40 litre tank.
Lot of variables here - tanks can hold a little more than listed capacity in the piping. Pumps could be filling in less than shows on meter etc. But anyway, in all probability when dealers (Hyundai or otherwise) say 5L, I doubt they put in that amount.

Btw, what did the fuel-gauge show when you drove off the dealership ? Was the fill-petrol lamp on ? Based on this and what the reserve of your car is, you can have an idea of what was in the car.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 12:57   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post

2. Upon pushing, SA also agreed to give me Seat Covers, Body cover, and Parcel tray within the price. This was not given in writing and when I asked the reason, he said Hyundai audits all the booking forms, so he can’t give it in writing. Luckily, I had WhatsApp chat for this
5. When I asked SA about the additional accessories that he had promised, he straight away rejected saying we never discussed this. I showed him WhatsApp messages, and reluctantly he agreed.
6. 20th November, on the day of delivery, when he was giving me all the documents, I asked him about extended warranty. He again said, this was not agreed. I showed him his handwritten paper note
7. This time he couldn’t say anything and said that it is difficult now to add extended warranty as the invoice generated was in November. Both SA and his manager have straight away rejected that they can’t provide me extended warranty in this price

Hi Abhinav,

Congratulations on a new car.

Sounds like you got served a bad apple in the form of an SA.

Usually, any additional accessories / discounts / services / extended warranties are always written in the Proforma Invoice and the final order booklet irrespective of what the customer pays for it.

As for the extended warranty - check with a Hyundai service centre or try contacting another showroom. Since the car is quite new and within the original warranty period, you should be able to purchase it from them.

PS: I'm not sure about this but the cost of the extended warranty maybe slightly higher now than what the SA was quoting when you booked the car. IMO, an extended warranty is worth every buck since that's the time when the problems tend to crop up.

Happy and Safe Driving!!
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 13:24   #2819
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car! As long as you've got a good copy of the car, in the long run that is what matters most.

At the outset, you've been cheated for extended warranty by the dodgy tricks of the sales advisor.
2 places where you could've been more careful are :
a) Getting a written/E-mail commitment from the SA/Dealer.

b) This :
Quote:
...5. We paid the full amount after returning back in November month. SA got the car to the showroom, and I did PDI (as per team BHP’s list) on 19th November...
Pay only after you sign the PDI dotted line, and ofcourse, sign the PDI only after you are fully satisfied with all parts of the deal i.e. the vehicle as well as the financial commitment.

If Hyundai hasn't responded till now, they probably just do not want to take action against the dealer. Since they probably can't be legally blamed for the dealers actions here, they possibly don't care either. You may possibly get a call from Hyundai if you're lucky, but the extent to which they help is their wish. Probably, they'll try to sell you the Extended Warranty that was supposed to be included in the deal for full price.

Frankly, now all you're left with is a WhatsApp message which can perhaps only be used in the strictest legal perusal. Which will cost you effort + money. The Sales executive hasn't said this to you & left it for you to figure out because he knows he has cheated you and you'll obviously be furious if he made it clear. He probably guesses you'll become emotionally frustrated by the time you realise what has happened, after which you'll probably pay & buy the extended warranty. He'll probably even shake hands with you, taking you for a loser whom he trapped & got away with a scam. This is the reality of how most of the auto industry functions, and the car-makers very well know how dealers function. IMHO The whole point of having this format is to let the dealer run such practices at the local level as a 3rd party.

Long story short, unless you have local support, I don't think you'll get any help from anywhere. At most you can probably expose the name of the Sales Advisor here, so that others may not get cheated similarly.

Btw, the fuel-tank capacity of cars is just indicative, it is often seen to vary abit on the higher side from what is specified in the brochure.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th November 2019 at 13:45.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 15:08   #2820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Background:
My wife and I were looking to get a car for ourselves for weekend getaways in Bangalore. We finalized elite i20 Magna+ variant. After talking to a couple of distributors, finalized Trident Showroom Hosur road (only because of the lucrative deal)
Congratulations on the car! Wish you & your family unlimited safe & happy miles with the ride. I'd say you got a good OTR price there!
Quote:
Please guide me as to what further I should do. I feel cheated as I am not getting whatever I was promised
Unfortunately what @GrammarNazi says below is true. I suggest you tag Hyundai India official account on Twitter (if you are on it) and vent out your frustration mentioning written confirmations. Bash them a bit. Such high visibility social media platforms force these brands to act faster to save face.

It will also give you a satisfaction of having done something rather than just being helpless. You might in fact get a good resolution as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Long story short, unless you have local support, I don't think you'll get any help from anywhere. At most you can probably expose the name of the Sales Advisor here, so that others may not get cheated similarly.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks