Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2021, 23:55   #2896
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

This thread has been in existence ever since the Elite i20 got launched. Now with the new i20 being launched by Hyundai, how many of us are planning to update to the new one? Sorry to have used the word update and not upgrade because that's what the new i20 is to me.
Also, those who bought the Elite in 2015 2016, what is your future course of action, keep it or upgrade to something else. Would love to know everyone's thoughts as I too am in a dilemma of what next to do.
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 09:30   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Also, those who bought the Elite in 2015 2016, what is your future course of action, keep it or upgrade to something else.
I asked my friend who has the 2015 Elite model this same question. He said he's not going to upgrade/update to the new one as it looks bad, isn't that much of an upgrade, and costs a lot. He went for a test drive and there was no "wow" factor, and in his own words it was more of a "is this everything?" factor.

And I do think Hyundai priced this too much into the premium category, as Venue is cannibalizing most sales. My wife's father checked the i20 at the showroom, and then saw the Venue and the family decided that the Venue is a much better upgrade from their Swift. The same folks who had gone to see the i20 rushed onwards to the Venue, and booked it as well.
DeathPig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 01:08   #2898
BHPian

I think anyone who previously owns/owned an i20 will look upwards of the venue. I feel the venue or the sonet. I20 will be looked at by someone who currently is looking at an upgrade from the Santro or the i10 segment.

I do not plan to upgrade from my 2019 i20 Diesel as it still feels brand new and will take sometime to age. The elite was a much mature design which sometimes looks like a micro SUV when viewed from certain angles.

Except for the 60:40 split rear seat and auto dimming IRVMs the car is loaded with features. The missing features stated have still not been provided on the current gen i20 which is a shame.
samuelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 01:15   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumonalminz View Post
Hello BHPians

I am looking for rear parcel tray for elite i20 magna plus 2019 model. The car did not come with one. Service centre guy says it's not available with him.

Please suggest from where can I get a genuine one. I live in Mumbai
Hello,

Please try at another service centre, they should have one as this is basic accessorie.

Else you could try procuring from boodmo.com or any hyundai monks dealer.
Regards
Sam
Old 17th January 2021, 01:24   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo-Fan View Post
Visited the Hyundai ASS today and it seems the bearing in the power steering motor has gone bad and the entire motor will be replaced under warranty, my car has done about 25k+ Kms in about 2.5 yrs, is this a common issue with i20s ?
I am facing a "khat" sound while rotate the steering to the extreme sides. Had reported it in the 20k service and they had torqued the bolts. Post which the issue returned and the vehicle was sent to the workshop again and the result was the same. I reported it to hyundai customer care and they have offered to pick the vehicle up on Monday to check the same. Not sure if it is a steering or suspension issue
Old 18th January 2021, 08:53   #2901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo-Fan View Post
Visited the Hyundai ASS today and it seems the bearing in the power steering motor has gone bad and the entire motor will be replaced under warranty, my car has done about 25k+ Kms in about 2.5 yrs, is this a common issue with i20s ?
Can you recollect, from what part you experienced such an issue? I had almost the same experience but what happened was my driver side axle went kaput. Credits goes to the entrance to my rent house. Entire load is taken by the front right wheel and left wheel is in the air Its almost half meter linear slope from road to my car porch. Hence the issue. Costed me nearly 10k for the repair. 8k for the axle, 2k as service charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
I am facing a "khat" sound while rotate the steering to the extreme sides. Had reported it in the 20k service and they had torqued the bolts. Post which the issue returned and the vehicle was sent to the workshop again and the result was the same. I reported it to hyundai customer care and they have offered to pick the vehicle up on Monday to check the same. Not sure if it is a steering or suspension issue
In my case, it was the car's axle. Read my previous comment

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th January 2021 at 14:44. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 18th January 2021, 09:25   #2902

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Can you recollect, from what part you experienced such an issue? I had almost the same experience but what happened was my driver side axle went kaput. Credits goes to the entrance to my rent house. Entire load is taken by the front right wheel and left wheel is in the air Its almost half meter linear slope from road to my car porch. Hence the issue. Costed me nearly 10k for the repair. 8k for the axle, 2k as service charges
In my case, I can confirm that the sound was indeed coming from the steering column, coz, while the SA was checking the issue, I was standing outside the car, and I couldn’t hear any sounds or creeky noises. The sound is heard only when you turn the steering with the doors closed. Also there has seldom been any instances with uneven load on the cars axle.
Old 21st January 2021, 09:21   #2903
BHPian

Am assuming it was the same issue with my car as well. They changed the below part under warranty. Vehicle drives as new now. Fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20210118wa0006.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2021, 09:49   #2904
BHPian

I have a 2016 elite i20 crdi.

Off late I have noticed that sometimes the right side ORVM doesnt open automatically when I approach/unlock the car. Using the button to fold/unfold the ORVM on the drivers doorpad also doesnt help

I need to manually open the ORVM, and after that it works as expected

Is this something that others have experienced, and what was the resolution offered?
Old 7th March 2021, 23:48   #2905
BHPian

My elite i20 is 6 years old but going strong. The only issue I am facing now is a blurred camera. The image through the camera is blurred in the day time but at night it's practically useless. I clicked a pic of the camera (attached) but can't find any fault as such.
Has anyone faced such issue and any solution except replacing the camera as it costs a staggering 26K. I know its unbelievable but that's the cost I got from 2 ASS.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20210307_124851.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 7th March 2021 at 23:49.
Old 10th March 2021, 07:20   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
the single biggest component was the Synthetic oil which was close to Rs.2400.
This is much less than the price quoted by Mumbai service center. They quoted 800 plus gst per liter which would come around 3500 for Mobil synthetic blend. I opted for the servo mineral oil but I am not happy with it. I called them to check if I can visit to change the oil and they said it is not possible. They can do it only if I opt for full service. Honda offers engine oil change and even CVT oil change with a nominal labor charge then why can't Hyundai provide. Even the 0w-20 synthetic oil from Honda is really cheap (Rs. 450 per liter )

Which synthetic oil did they use in your car ?
Did anyone try to change just the oil from service center ?
Any idea when to change the CVT oil change ?
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:30   #2907
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
My elite i20 is 6 years old but going strong. The only issue I am facing now is a blurred camera. The image through the camera is blurred in the day time but at night it's practically useless. I clicked a pic of the camera (attached) but can't find any fault as such.
Has anyone faced such issue and any solution except replacing the camera as it costs a staggering 26K. I know its unbelievable but that's the cost I got from 2 ASS.
Hi, it looks like the lens cover has got micro-scratches. They might make the video from the camera appear blurry. You can try some solutions to remove those scratches. We are thankfully not facing any such issues with our 2015 i20's rear-camera. I usually never clean the camera lens during the car wash as I fear that the microfibre cloth might have picked up some dirt and may scratch the lens. So, I clean it separately with a clean and plush microfibre cloth after completing the car wash.
HMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 21:26   #2908
BHPian

Does the trunk area above silencer in petrol variant heat up ?

I find it really warm after a 10 km ride, even the stepney gets warm. The heat remains constant even after a 200 kms ride. We can keep our hand for not more than 10-15 seconds. I find the bottom part of the silencer cooler than the trunk area once the car is parked.

I checked with service center and they asked me to change the petrol and get back. I am not convinced the way they are handling the issue. The temperature gauge does not cross 50% mark but when I open the hood it is very hot. The cooling fan turns on as soon as we switch on the AC blower. I even tried without the AC and the fan turned ON after some time.

Oil: Servo mineral oil ran for 800 kms (changed during 2nd free service at 4500kms )

We are not sure if the issue was present from before. We felt the idle rpm went down after 5000 kms.

Should I change the oil to fully synthetic and try ?
How to find out if water pump is working as usual ?

Please guide

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i20spark.jpg  

rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 14:19   #2909
BHPian

Checked out few other cars at Modi Thane service center and found similar heating in Verna, Venue and I20. Quite surprising Hyundai uses body shell as heat sink
Old 19th April 2021, 14:19   #2910
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Need your input on the below issue. My car was bound for yearly service last month but I was in my native due to COVID, and I couldn't provide the car for service.

The issue is that I am going abroad for 6 months, so I was thinking of servicing the car when I return around October 2021. The age of the car will be 4 years this September. If I do not service the car on time then will it cause some issue with extended warranty? I have taken extended warranty for 2 years.

The AC vent is broken and I was hoping to get it fixed under warranty. Kindly advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks